salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-03-2016, 06:08 AM

How often do you pluck, shave, or cut your hair?

What parts of the body do you pluck or shave?

Do you normally get your hair done at home or a hair salon?

Do you wax your body?

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 09-25-2016, 11:19 PM

It's hard for my to find a hairstylist because I have such curly and crazy hair. I shave my legs and arm pits. I get my hair done by my sister at a salon because she seems to be the only person who knows what she's doing, but I live in another city now. I haven't cut my hair in like, a year and a half. And I wax my brows sometimes.

Cherish
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2016, 08:40 PM

I'm currently rocking a pixie cut, so I go to the salon to get a trim every 5 weeks or so.

I stopped shaving/waxing my body hair about 12-18 months ago. My daughter walked in on me shaving my legs and asked me why I did it, and I realised I didn't even have a good answer.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 09-28-2016, 04:46 PM

It's been years since I've shaved.
Though, I did shave my armpits for the first time in three years, last year. It wasn't a pleasant experience. When the hair started growing back, I was itchy as fuck and when I had no hair under my armpits the sweat kind of dripped down all over my arm and it was nasty!!!

I don't even remember the last time I shaved my legs it's been that long! I don't ever shave my body hair because I don't really care if it's not "beautiful" and I hope that if people do approach me romantically, it's because they think I am "beautiful" even though I am hairy and they see passed that and into my actual personality instead of just looking at me as a thing and not a person.

I also feel more comfortable when I am hairy. I mean, I don't itch, the sweat stays contained in my hair and I feel free.

edit;
If we're talking about hair on the head, I also don't do anything to it.
The last time I went to a salon they almost ruined my hair, so from now on I don't go to salons for anything.

I went to a salon to shave my head, that went well. Then I went to a salon to get my hair "straightened" and the stupid hairstylist CUT almost ALL of my hair off and gave me a Fresh Prince haircut. (Short on the sides, long on top) I looked ridiculous and I still have funky hair because of the way it was cut.

Then I went to a salon a few months ago to get my hair straightened again, now that it's much longer it looked a lot better, but the stylist forgot to put heat protection on my hair and now my hair is heat damaged. It was almost completely ruined but after a few washed I was able to fix *most* of my hair.... -_____- I still have loads of strands that are bone straight and won't curl no matter how much I wash it.

So I'm done with salons unless it's to dye my hair.

Last edited by Kory; 09-28-2016 at 04:49 PM..

Viveka
:3

Old 10-02-2016, 07:06 PM

Ugh, my mom got me a nice waxing kit for Christmas and I used it only once (on my face) and never again, it was too painful :(

I shave my legs and armpits once a week, and I get the hair on my head trimmed every 3 months. I'm trying to grow it out!

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-02-2016, 07:32 PM

The only part of me I pluck on a regular basis is the hair between my eyebrows

---------- Post added 10-02-2016 at 07:32 PM ----------

I cut my hair like once every two years

jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-10-2016, 02:22 AM

All the time.
You'd think I was preparing myself to be stuffed and roasted for a holiday dinner.

Ancasta
(¬º-°)¬

Old 10-10-2016, 08:18 AM

Currently overdue to have my eyebrows waxed; I don't pluck them because plucking hair individually triggers migraines, but ripping them out all at once doesn't (for some reason). I shave under my arms pretty much whenever I notice and year-round, because unlike most people I have more issues with body odor when I don't. Legs get shaved in summer and spring and grow out for fall and winter. Unfortunately, due to hormonal imbalances I also grow dark facial hair, and since it's too patchy to go bearded lady with I just shave it every other day.

As for the hair on top of my head, I'm actually growing out a man's haircut. I used to go get it trimmed every month, and when I started growing it out I buzzed the back and sides until the top was long enough to start growing them out as well.

CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-13-2016, 12:43 PM

I wear jeans, pants, leggings, etc all the time so I usually skip on shaving my legs. Only because it's just such a hassle, it takes me forever and I get lazy... :C but I can't stand body hair so I wish there was a way to just stay silky smooth and hairless forever~ I've looked into laser hair removal but it takes several expensive treatments over a long period of time to show results.

I shave regularly under my arms though because when sweat gets in armpit hair, it tends to stink pretty badly and deodorant don't always cover that up. Shaving keeps bad BO away and I just feel better when it's shaved~

As for plucking, I gotta pluck my eyebrows like every couple of days because they grow back quickly and they grow in rather sporadically so it just looks messy... e.e

As for the hair on my head... xD I like to keep it styled short but salon visits are expensive and I'm usually busy so I should be going every 2 months or so but it usually ends up being more like every 6 months that I go in. I keep it short, with lots of layers to thin it out (my hair is really thick and heavy), and also get my blue streaks redone so they're nice and bright. I'm actually thinking about adding some green with the blue on my next visit, I like green and blue together xD

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-16-2016, 12:43 AM

I epilate and pluck EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It's one of the loveliest joys of having sever PCOS /sarcasm.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-22-2016, 04:53 AM

I pluck and thread my brows myself. I'm too lazy to be bothered with shaving regularly and I only do it when it reaches the annoying level or I know I'm going to wear something that shows my hair. November-April, I'm literally a sasquatch. Come May and time for shorts and holy crap my legs are 20 shades paler. I don't cut my hair enough. I get it cut like once a year. Chop it to a short bob and grow it out, rinse and repeat. I had my hair grow out to butt-length once but it looked really stringy and gross. It looks better shoulder-length or shorter. I go to cheap salons. I'd like to go to a nice salon and get my hair colored professionally but eehhhh whatever.

I should probably wax or nair my face. It's fuzzy and annoying. :( I have like 2 chin hairs that keep growing and they'll get really long if I let them go, but I usually just pluck them. XD

M i r o
Comatose

Old 10-31-2016, 07:34 PM

I haven't gotten my hair cut in several months since I had a a-line bob.
The front of my hair is longer than the back right now...

But yeah, I am growing it out.
I really want to get it evened out, though.

It's only grown a bit passed my shoulder blades.

Turquoise Heart
ᙙᙖ

Old 05-13-2017, 11:02 AM

shave every week my legs armpits lol tweeze my eyebrows id say every month id like to try waxing ones these days
i trim my own hair the salon always makes it to short or trys giving me layers when i just want a simply hair cut

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-13-2017, 03:23 PM

I usually get my haircut when it starts poking me in the eyes. That's... about it. I know too little about hair management and never had any friends growing up to learn from. Plus guys don't talk about any of that stuff anyways it seems.

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 05-13-2017, 05:07 PM

i have a constant need to cut my hair sometimes. Right now i have long hair. I'm waiting for it to be really long and then i'll do my usual "i want short hair again" phase where i constantly cut my hair and think it isn't short enough.

I pluck my eyebrows when i feel like they have no shape. I shave my legs and underarm hair when it's hot and i know i'm going to wear shorts or something.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 05-18-2017, 09:41 AM

Neva.
Sometimes if my eyebrows are itchy a hair as fallen out of place and I pull it off, but its usually already not attached to my face anyway which was probably why its annoying to me.

I get my head hair cut whenever I can afford it. :( But I like to get a dye and style too so its sometimes pretttttty pricey.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 05-20-2017, 08:32 PM

I've tried a lot of different hair removal ways. I also deal with the extra hair growth of PCOS.

Right now I shave my legs, stomach, neck, sideburns, and upper lip. Legs usually go 2-3 days depending on the razor. Stomach and underarms are like twice a week. Neck is ever other day. Lip and sideburns are as needed. I wax and pluck my eyebrows. Just tried nair on my arms.