Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 07-28-2011, 03:36 AM

Lethal. Many people say that poison is lethal; that water can drown; that fire can burn; that a knife is an easy way out. Many people have found this to be true. The world degraded after the "future." Electronics that many people held dear have died, leaving everyone in a place full of rust and empty shells.
My family has made a living in this desolate life: we run the carnival. The Lethal Parade travels through the land in search of items to trade, audiences to entertain and interesting people to recruit. We are the biggest "group" that is known of. We have survived on nothing but rusted clockwork and sleight-of-hand tricks. Then again, some of it seems so real. Tell me: Do you believe in magic?
The World As We See It
Modern world: no electronics. Everyone lives in caravans and ragged tents, perhaps shacks and self-made homes if they're lucky. Encampments of ruffians and thugs are everwhere; there is no lack of hungry people.
Clockwork and steam-operated machines are a source of power. They are the only weapons we have, save blades and old-style weapons from days of old.

The Character Sheet
- To join, PM me the profile.
- You must be at least semi-literate for this thread.
- I don't expect extremely active players, for I will be leaving sometimes as well. Don't stress yourself about speed, but please keep in mind that I'll summon you if you've been gone too long.
- No gay/bi relationships, if you please. Only straight.
- No demon/angel involvement/characters.
- Magic is to be portrayed as evil - thus a witch will be "burned," and the carnival players are threatened by ordinary folk if they appear too "magical."

I apologize, but we are no longer accepting female characters or attractions. Creativity helps a carnival move as smoothly as clockwork - be creative in finding your place amongst us.

PHP Code:
[LEFT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B]INSERT USERNAME[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[
CENTER][IMG]insert URL to your character's appearence. NO descriptions, please[/IMG]
[COLOR="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="5"]CHARACTER NAME[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[SIZE="1"][I]"INSERT YOUR CHARACTERS OWN CATCHPHRASE HERE"[/I][/SIZE]

I'
m one of the [color="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"INSERT JOB/POSITION HERE [/color]

[
B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] write your age [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] write your position in the carnival [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="1"]write your height (self explanitory)[/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="1"]write your body type (slender, overweight, scrawny, and so on)[/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="1"]write your hair and eye color (since some people use pictures that hide these attributes)[/SIZE]

[/CENTER][JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]
[
B][SIZE="4"]‡ So Heres My Story;[/SIZE][/B][INDENT][size=1]
write your bio here

[/size][/INDENT][B][SIZE="4"]‡ What Makes Me Who I Am;[/SIZE][/B][INDENT][size=1]
write your personalitylikesdislikespretty much anything you want people to know about your character

[/size][/INDENT][size=1][/size][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/JUSTIFY
The Characters Involved

Quote:
Esmme

Hannah Lethal
"Sanity is a matter of opinion."

I am the ringleader.

Female
Five feet and one inch tall
Small, dainty . . . surprisingly strong
Brown hair; brown eyes . . . though one is scarred silver

‡ So Heres My Story;

When I was a young girl my mother would tell me stories of the "strange" outside world. It wasn't until I was in my late teens when I discovered that "strange" was everyone else's normal. The carnival has always been my home; the artists and acrobats are my allies while the fires and popcorn my only friends.
I was raised in the carnival - this realm of clockwork and oddities is normal to me. My mother passed away, leaving me to fill her place as the Mistress of Revels. I am the ringleader. I rule this domain. I am Lethal.

‡ What Makes Me Who I Am;

There is a strange disease-like scar that spreads over the right side of my face. Don't worry . . . it doesn't hurt. Much.
Beware my wrath . . . I tend to beat it out of my surrounding citizens and circus players.

Esmme

Ay'ren
"What are you looking at? Oh, these old things? I've had them since I was born, silly!"

I'm one of the attractions.

Faun; the latest coming attraction and addition to the show
Five feet and six inches tall
Too thin, furred legs, pale skin; white
White hair and crystal blue eyes

‡ So Heres My Story;

I was recruited into the carnival just a few days ago. Here I was, walking along without worry, and then I was trapped. Some grinding of gears, a strange pain and noise . . . and now I'm part of the Lethal Parade. I've been told to be a good girl . . . but it's so scary here. I don't like the smell of oil and smoke. I want to be free to roam the tundra and fields; to feel the wind and snow on my skin. Why did I have to be lured into this nightmare?

I am an innocent girl and act younger than my true age . . . but not much younger! I adore berries and nuts, and tend to enjoy the feel of soft fabrics and small animals.

Esmme

Vos Reylin
"Can't you make your own magic?"

I am the trickster.

Mid-twenties
Maker of magic and machine, caretaker of tricks and gears
Six feet and five inches
Well-muscled and fit for physical activities
Silver hair and gray eyes

‡ So Heres My Story;

I have been in the carnival for almost a decade. When I was younger, I begged to join them. I wish I would have known that the choice had been a mistake. I showed off my skills with clockwork . . . and now I am their chief engineer. I create; I maintain; I entertain: I am the trickster and mechanic.
Though I may seem close to the ringleader, don't be deceived. It is only a ruse so that I may keep my own head . . . and all of my fingers and toes.

I always have a metal chain about my neck with some sort of geared clock attached. Metal is my friend: you'll see many smaller chains all over the place if you look hard enough. I am never alone: I have a lot of small mechanical beings that tend to play the part of companions.

Quote:
Kya Katsumi

Aurabella Divionichi
"A private dance will cost you... your eyes."

I'm one of the Belly Dancers

I dance in shows, acts and private.
I am 5' 3"
I am thin, but toned from my many years of dancing.
My hair is long, blonde and wavey, my skin is tanned and my eyes are green.

‡ So Heres My Story;

At the young age of 14 Aurabella's parents abandoned her in front of a broken down orphanage where they thought she would have a better chance of survival. She lived in and out of the orphanage and on the streets. Seeing a show one night with beautiful dancers got her practicing belly dancing which she began doing on the street for money. When she was 18 the circus came to town and like any dream of a young orphan she wanted to run away with it, so she did.

You can call me Aura or Bella, whichever you prefer. I'm not a fan of sweets, I like to run, I love flashy things/clothes/lights etc., dancing is my passion, I often feel lonely traveling with the LP and look for companionship, I am friendly but backed into a corner can hold my own in a fight, I'm sassy and have a flirtatious attitude.

Kya Katsumi

Mateo Conall
"I tame beasts" (Insert cocky wink here)

I'm one of the Animal trainer/tamers

I am 27
I work with the animals and am known as the Lion Tamer in the ring.
I am 5'8"
I am strong and lean
My eyes are dark brown, almost black, to match my hair.

‡ So Heres My Story;

I grew up in a gang on the East Coast that hardened me at a young age. I've seen a lot of death and murder and things you wouldn't want me to repeat, a lot of which I did as required by the gang to keep my own life. One day I was asked to burn down an animal shelter and refused to do it, what can I say, animals are the only things that have ever shown me any compassion. The next day I was taking my grams to the doctor in her old car, I parked her at the curb and went in to check her in when there was an explosion. The gang had blown the car up with my grams inside. Thinking they had disposed of me, I dissapeard and ended up here at the LP. I have a gift with animals allowing me to train them harmlessly.

I can be cocky, knowing my good looks and charm are hard to ignore and say no to. I use that to my advantage and to get what I want. I still look hard on the outside and portray myself that way, but my eyes give me away, they are kind, as is my soul now that I am no longer mixed into a bad gang. But don't cross me, I've done things to people your worst nightmares couldn't even handle.

Quote:
Lightning_Serah

Ana Wright
"Whether things are real or not is for you to decide."

I am a Fire Pheonix. Breathing fire is what I do.
5'3
Rather skinny, but not certianly not underwieght.
Dark red hair, with purple eyes.

‡ So Heres My Story;

The carnival is nothing new to me. I've been working here since I was merely a child. In fact, I've been working here so long, I hardly even remember what my life was like before I joined the carnival. I do know that it was a hard life. Abusive parents, constantly teased. I joined the carnival knowing I had nothing to lose. But that was hardly true. One must think that showing off your talents is a dream, but as I've grown older, I'm growing rather tired of it. Although I constanly wonder where I would be if I never joined the carnival, I know that I must do things to the best of my abilities.

I can be rather stubborn at times, and if I don't agree with something, I tend to argue against it. Despite that flaw, I am rather hardworking, and try my best at everything. I carry around this locket. I don't remember where it came from, or who gave it to me, but I know it means something to me, and I refuse to go anywhere without it.

Lightning_Serah

Damien Lorycle
"Life is too short to take seriously."

I'm one of the circus helpers.

I am the random guy that helps make sure everything goes smoothly.
6'5"
Well built, but not the most muscular guy around.
Brown hair, and brown eyes.

‡ So Heres My Story;

My life is a rather simple story. I haven't been with the carnival too long. I suppose that is why I don't have to much of a high position in this little place. But, I suppose you would like to know about my life before the carnival, correct? Well, I lived in a small little family. Just my mother, my father, and my self. We weren't to rich, but we were living a rather good life. Despite how good I had things, I wanted to know what adventure was like. This lead me to the carnival. I believe working at the carnival was the perfect decision for me. I've seen so many different creatures, and things I would have never imagined seeing.

I am an outgoing guy, and I always try to make jokes out of things. It's hard to get me to be serious, but I do know how to listen when needed to. I'm hardly ever not smiling, and it takes alot to upset me. I guess, in short, I'm a happy-go-lucky guy, who is always willing to make friends.

Quote:
WinglessFairy

[x]
Marilyn Machina (goes by 'Mach')
"Turn Turn Turn GEARS! Teehee, don't you just love mechanics?"

I'm one of the Mechanics; I keep the wires and special devices working, as well as create new gadgets for our ever growing acts.

I keep everything working like a well oiled machine (well...mostly I keep the machines well-oiled! Haha, see what I did here? Did ya see it? Did ya?). The simplest mistake can cost a life in this dangerous buisness.
4"2'. Yes, I'm short...
Scrawny and Lanky;
Black hair, green eyes, not that you'd get to see 'em much, really...

‡ So Heres My Story;

My story? Well, I 'spose we all have a story, after all. Some broad left me at the carnival when I was just a likkle 'un. What bloke leaves a kid at a carnival? Did'ya really think this was a conductive learning environment? Idiots, some people...
Well, whatever, I'm enjoyin' my job and all that. I get to work with all the devices I want, and the carnival provides quite an...interesting famila. Want to hear about my job?
Why, I fix's the riggin's and all sorts of other mechanical contraptions that keep the entertainers safe, as well as others that provide...illusions of sorts. Carny secrets on that, can't give you anymore details. Vos has been training me somewhat, though I don't suppose he likes me as much as his own little 'pets' if you will.
Why do I have this apparatus on my face?
Well...I didn't always used to be so magnificent with the tinkering, now. Accidents happen. Besides, I made myself a new seeing device, works in the dark even! And trust me, being able to see what you need is half the battle sometimes. Interesting things happen at the Carnival. Well, normal for me, but interesting for you folk, anyway.

Well...I do quite like the artifacts from old times. Interesting mechanisms for sure! I like to try and backwards engineer them when I can, though most are broken and require a sort of odd power source quite different from the lovely steam that powers my machines. What sor'ta creatures where they? Holdin' all this intricacy... and then POOF gone! Leaving us fellows behind in their dust!
Anyway, that's a discussion for some other day.
Want to check out my latest device? Shh, don't tell Madam Lethal, she'll want to steal it, and it's just a prototype right now, so that might end with disastrous results. Check out this sweet metal! It's a portable cannon! This baby uses steam pressure to fire out smaller cannon balls. Takes a long time to reactivate though, and I'm still working the glitches...been kinda on hold on the project since I made one of Vos's devices explode...he's a bit sore about that.
(the device that this one is holding)

WinglessFairy

Lucifer 'Luke' Wakely
"Magic? Magic isn't real, it's all science in the end."

I'm the Magican and Fortune Teller

Mainly tell the fortunes of those idiotic enough to believe in this stuff.
6"
average sized
Dark brown hair, dark green eyes.

‡ So Heres My Story;

Well, I was muddling and meddling with my, ahem, 'potions' and 'elixirs' as the common folk like to name them...idiots they are sometimes.
It's all science really, from the first drop of Dihydrogen Monoxide (that's 'water' for you commoners) to the last arcane rune.
What, runes are you science you say? LIES.
SCIENCE.
Oh that's right. How'd I end up here, hmm, yes.
Seems those commoners thought I was doing 'MAGIC'. Pah! Idiots.
But it's alright if I'm doing 'MAGIC' in a carnival! Huh, where's that logic? But Lethal only expects a few tricks out of me, and leaves me alone, and that's all I need really. So, here I am. I do what I do. Yes, rather dull, now go on, bother someone else.

I do love the science. Why, science is what makes us human! What separates us from the ignorant beasts of the field! There's science in everything I do, even those things that can't be explained now, will one day be explained with science.
Ugh...now, don't get me started on the common people! Goodness, how did I survive living with them? Oooh you're doing 'MAGIC', they say, OOOH we gonna tell the magistrate! Pah...idiots.
I read them their fortunes, and they pay me money and eye me with mysticism. Idiots. Time's not linear, with the proper mixes of chemicals seeing into the future is easy!
I'm happy to rip them off. More money for Lethal is more chemicals to mess with for me!

Quote:
Angelo

Tali Paendrag
"Magic is an art, with the ability to please like any other."

500+
I'm the magician.
3'6”
Slender and lean, or in other words, petite.
Fiery red hair with bright sapphire blue eyes

‡ So Heres My Story;

I've been alive for a long time. Longer than most. I suppose Death got the last laugh in the end though.
It was cold and stormy that night. I had been at my usual job, trying to help my family make ends meet. I was serving the customers at the inn as usual, most of them so drunk they wouldn't recognize their own mothers. There was a particular man, hawk-faced, bloodshot, and just plain ugly, who demanded more wine. I told him no, as he couldn't pay. This infuriated him to no end, causing him to jump up and stab me before hustling me out the back.

That was when I met Death. I offered him a challenge of riddles, which he accepted. If I lost, I would be his slave, but if I won, I would have immortality, and eternal youth. Needless to say, I won. Angry with me for beating him, he killed my family and destroyed my old body. Honoring his commitment, he gave me a new one, the one I inhabit now.

Ever since, I've been perfecting my magic, and have recently joined the Lethal Parade.

I'm a reclusive person, something that comes in handy when all of your friends die. My fellow troupe members also see me as morbid, though I disagree with them. I also don't flaunt my child-like body, unlike some of the acrobats in the group. I also refuse compliments, however nice. There's just no point, and I don't really deserve them.

Last edited by Esmme; 08-24-2011 at 07:57 PM..

Esmme

Old 07-28-2011, 10:04 PM

For future trouble.

Last edited by Esmme; 07-28-2011 at 10:08 PM..

Esmme

Old 07-29-2011, 03:46 AM

The Summons:

Lightning_Serah:
Kya Katsumi:
WinglessFairy:
Angelo:

I summon thee!

The story begins here. Go ahead and post - I will soon if I haven't already.

----------

Hannah Lethal

Make sure the lights on the stage are in proper order - last time they short-circuited. There was a bustle of activity as the players prepared for their upcoming event. They were just outside of a well-populated encampment and today was going to be a huge performance. They'd obtained a new attraction that was certain to draw even bigger crowds than the last showing. Check on the players to ensure none of them will spontaneously miss their cue.
The ringleader adjusted her fedora as she entered the nearest caravan wagon. Yanking the door open she let out a piercing whistle that brought more than a few starts of surprise. "Why are none of you getting ready? Useless hands are a waste of my resources, you lazy bums!" There were a few mumbles of agreement and "yes, ma'am's" before Hannah inclined her head. "If the show has any hiccups tonight I will take it out of each of your hides."

She left before the looks of uncertain horror could stick in her mind. She'd seen to many horrid expressions throughout her life to think on the mild ones. Hannah Lethal moved to the next chore in mind. Feed the animals. That included some of the attractions as well.
Stepping by a few wagons that were fashioned into iron-barred cages, the dark-haired woman narrowed her duel-colored eyes. "Ana. Have you eaten?" The question was brisk and carried very little emotion, but it served its purpose. "Who do I have to beat to bring you a meal?" The cage door wasn't locked for the phoenix - she had joined them willingly, thus needed no bars to keep her from running away. It was amazing to see how many people truly stuck with the carnival once they got familiar with the players.

Ana Wright's "cage" was more like a luxury coach - or as close to one that they could get in the harsh times of famine and plague. The phoenix was given thick blankets and lush pillows, good food and even a mirror on top of her dresser. A make-shift closet had been made up on the far side of the wagon for more space. Hannah was sure to take care of those loyal to her . . . even if it took some harsh circumstances to get what was needed for comfort.

Out of the corner of her "faded" silver eye the short woman caught movement as one of her closest organizers appeared at her elbow. Vos was the tinker - the man with solutions to most predicaments. Instead of addressing him, she made him wait patiently (as patiently as a rushed person can) until she received a reply from the phoenix.

Last edited by Esmme; 07-30-2011 at 03:05 AM..

Lightning_Serah
The 'Boy Who Lived' has come to ...

Old 07-29-2011, 02:43 PM

Ana Wright
"Wether things are real or not is for you to decide."

Ana's eyes slowly opened as she heard the ringleader, Hannah, yelling a few wagons down. She sat up, rubbing her head slightly. She hadn't been feeling well lately, and she knew it was from all of the nightmares that had taken over her, once peaceful, dreams. She never put to much thought into why she had been having so many nightmares, or what they meant, but she honestly did not care, Ana just wanted them gone. Pushing the thought aside, the red-haired female forced herself to her feet, before walking over to what was considered a closet.

Ana knew she had things better than most of the performers there, but it had only been because she'd been there so long. Ana was only a child when she joined the carnival, and the job had sounded amazing at the time, but as Ana grew older, she realized that there was much more to life than the carnival. If Ana had realized that when she was young, she knew she wouldn't have joined. Ana could have easily left, but she had gained Hannah's trust, and she didn't want to break that.

Spinning on her heels, the pheonix smiled and chuckled as she listened to Hannah. Ana was usually able to hide her pain infront of people, well, she thought she could anyways. She never knew wether people could tell she was upset, and never said anything, or if it honestly wasn't noticable. The young female shrugged it off, before watching Vos come up to Hannah. She didn't know to much about him, but she didn't know to much about anyone, really. Ana then quickly answered, not wanting to hold anything up.

"I'm fine. I'm not hungry at the moment." She told the ringleader.

x x

(Sorry if it isn't as long as you'd like. Gah, I'm horrible at opening posts XD )

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-29-2011, 04:21 PM

Aurabella heard Hannah yelling for everyone to get a move on. Aura was already dressed and ready for her performance. Like each day that they were to perform she had already been up watching people as they gathered at the entrance of the LP. People outside of the carnival interested her. They were so different from her family here, so strange compared to what she was used to. She smiled and flirted and batted her eyes, it always helped to excite the crowd a little, they would talk about it and attract more visitors, that would make the boss happy and in turn would make life a little easier for some of the new additions to the carnival. She turned to walk back towards the big top winking and blowing a little kiss as she parted. Aura always scouted the big top before opening to help Hannah ensure things were running smoothly.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 08-24-2011 at 10:32 PM..

Esmme

Old 07-29-2011, 05:04 PM

((Thank you for posting, my friends. :) Welcome! I'm glad we have all of you already. :yes:))

Hannah nodded curtly, looking a bit miffed about not being able to lecture someone for not bringing Ana some food. It just stole her fire to know that she wasn't going to get the chance to chop off someone's fingers or something. "Good. We have a long day ahead of us, and I don't want you feeling unwell." With her sculpted lips pulling into a smile (which may or may not have been genuine) the short woman nodded her farewell to the phoenix.
Ensure that the mechanics have everything in working order. The thought made Hannah recall that her head engineer was still following a few inches behind her. The ringleader waved her hand at Vos as though wishing he would be blown away. "This had better be good, Reylin."

Vos knew that Hannah held things in strict accountability - and he also knew that what he had to say might cause a few tantrums. The silver-haired engineer took a deep breath before speaking. "We've managed to fix the lights," he began, keeping pace with the woman he followed. "There were a few alterations made to the trap door in the stage and we've tested them thoroughly." On to the bad news. "Something beneath the stage is sparking. I'm not sure how, but we're trying to take care of it even as I speak." Mach was down there - she was his apprentice, if you would call it that. The girl was good with mechanics . . . and they'd been working together for a while now. He knew that if anyone could fix that particular problem, it was her.

"You're telling me that out performance is endangered, Vos?"

The male narrowed his blue eyes and shook his head, feeling the usual anger at being doubted. "No, Hannah, it's not." The only reason he'd even told the ringleader about the flaw was because she'd specifically asked that every problem be reported before the show started. The show started at midmorning, no matter what was going on within the depths of the clockwork carnival.
The Lethal Parade had minutes before the waiting crowd was allowed to roam through their wagons and tents. The big top would fill at noon, and they wouldn't stop until dinner. This was how it always went - like a well-oiled machine. "We're ready."

Hannah waved her follower off in irritation, heading straight for the other attractions. "Damien," her voice rose a few octaves. "How is the new attraction holding up?" Ah, the new attraction: the faun. Whether or not she was truly a mythical beast was in question - but she certainly looked and acted like one. "Has it been fed? Watered? Have you checked the wagon to ensure she can't get out?"

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 07-29-2011, 05:05 PM

Scurry Scurry Scurry.
Must make sure the wires are set up right, and the piping fixed this time.
Musn't annoy Vos's little machina pals again. Mach hit her face with her palm. Idiot. That was a bad idea. They took out their rage on the wires. Funny little creatures. She enjoyed sharing their name.
But they looked so funny when they bloated with steam. POSHPOOFPOSH!
Steaaaammmmm!
She loved steam. Hot as gas, wet as water. Steam Steam Steam.
Madam Lethal yelled out some more orders. Some ran about in fear of the whip, fueled by her temper, but little Mach minded not. Madam Lethal although most often indifferent, had been kind to her, in her own way.
Mach ran by the taller circus folk, running between the poles of an annoyed people on high sticks, dodging a tiger that had escaped it's cage and was playfully forcing it's trainer on a chase at what was not a practical time.
Mach jumped over Lady Ana's cage, showing off her amusing adaptability, despite her little size, highfiving her through the cage. Lady Ana had the power of fire, an element much like Mach's favored steam.
Fire. Mach liked Fire.
Steamsteamsteam! Water mixed with fire! Steam, pumping through the air from a few of the outdoor mechanisms that provided power, much like the hot blood in her very own veins.
An angry metal critter shook it's fist-like appendage at the mechanic as she blatently almost stepped on it's small metal frame.
Interesting devices.
While Mach liked to marvel at their intricacy, she couldn't understand why Vos preferred these to people. People were the most intricate of all; their emotions fighting with their minds, their very brains more complex than any machine.
But it was much easier to make machines do what you wanted than people. You had to be sneaky with people.
"Whoops!" Mach hit a stray wire in her rapid dash, tripping, but catching herself in a tumble, accidentally rolling to the feat of the Madam, who looked still annoyed about last show's wire incident.
"Uh...Madam Lethal, a pleasure, a pleasure 'tis!" She cringed, expecting a reprimand.

Esmme

Old 07-29-2011, 05:09 PM

"Vos told me you were repairing the stage," Hannah glared down at Mach before offering a hand to help her up. "I suppose you have finished?" The ringleader looked over the girl, who was (strangely) shorter than herself. The apparatus on her face made her look like one of the machines she serviced. "What are you doing now, Mach?"
Despite her fierce demeanor, Hannah seemed to calm down a bit. She enjoyed the happy-go-lucky demeanor that Mach seemed to radiate. Not many still thought as optimistically as this girl.

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 07-29-2011, 05:14 PM

"All done, Madam!" Mach stuttered. She left out mentioning the rather makeshift contraption she had devised as a quick-fix. The whole equipment needed some serious work, but it was much to close to showtime for any of that. She and Vos would go rewire it after the show, but the Madam needn't be bothered with details of things she couldn't fix at the moment anyways. Mach stood up straight, saluting her fearless leader.

Lightning_Serah
The 'Boy Who Lived' has come to ...

Old 07-29-2011, 05:45 PM

Damien had been to busy day-dreaming, or doing whatever it was that kept the boy distracted, to realize he was forgetting to do something. His head rose up, and he was immediatly reminded what it was that he was forgetting to do when he heard Hannah Lethal calling to him. He bumped his head with his hand, before standing up from a squatting positon he was in.

"I'll get right on it, Ms. Lethal!" He called to her, before she began talking to Mach. He then walked down to the newest attraction's wagon, a wide smile on his face.

"Hello Ms...er.." He paused, trying to remeber her name. He laughed at himself, remembering that he never learned her name in the first place, "Hello. Is everything alright?" He asked her, while looking through everything to make sure nothing was loose, and that the faun couldn't get out. He knew that Hannah what cut off his head if she did. After checking, he looked back at the creature with a warm smile, waiting for any type of response. He figured that she was scared, most newcomers were, especially if brought to the carnival against their will. Damien was alot of things, but he certainly wasn't scary, and wasn't there to harm anyone by any means.

Esmme

Old 07-30-2011, 02:25 AM

Mach's salute brought the first smile of the day to Hannah's pale face. "As you were, little one." Though she was roughly a foot taller than the other girl, the ringleader enjoyed patting her head. It had been a habit introduced not long after Mach joined the carnival. She could still remember when she was a young girl: Mach had been left for the carnival to tend to one night. It was a full-house: there were so many guests that it could have been anyone. Mrs. Lethal, Hannah's mother, had taken the child in and handed her over to the other players. Just like that they had a new engineer.

Finally letting her gruff demeanor return Hannah nodded to the short female. "I should make sure that the big top is ready. Go finish whatever needs finishing." She wasn't quite as rough when she spoke, but she did turn on her heel and stride toward the main tent.
It was lit up with strings of old lights that were more yellow than white. Perhaps they had looked far cleaner in the past, but it wasn't possible to keep them in perfect condition forever. Hannah breathed in the smell of the carnival: rust, smoke, food . . . excitement. There was something about the musky scents that made her jittery.

Entering the huge tent, Hannah looked about to ensure that everything was in place. The middle of the "room" was a circular stage (which is where they had wiring issues beneath it) with spotlights near its base. The wood was worn smooth in nearly every place. It carried every memory that Hannah held dear with its worn planks.
Movement caught Miss Lethal's duel-colored gaze and she snapped her head in that direction. It was only Aurabella. "Do you see anything in need of repairs, Aura?" Hannah's gloved hand moved to the side of her face subconsciously. She always thought of Aurabella's natural beauty as something to be treasured; she was almost jealous of her tanned features and big eyes. Almost. Close enough to think of her own defect every time she spotted the dancer, really
-

Ay'ren

The sound of someone's voice made the faun tremble. She was wide-eyed and curled up near the corner closest to the door that Damien checked. Ay'ren swallowed and twitched her ears a bit as she reached for the newly checked lock. "How can you ask that?" she asked in a delicate voice that shook slightly. Her white skin contrasted with the rusty metal as she pulled her hand away from the bars again. "How can you even think that everything is fine?"
The faun turned her silvery eyes to Damien with a pleading look. "Just let me go. I don't want to be here!" Looking like she was on the verge of tears she swallowed thickly. Her stomach was twisted into a tight knot just thinking about how many people would be staring at her. She avoided people for a reason: she hated their pokes and prods. Why did I get too close? I should have stayed far away from these shining lights!

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2011, 02:47 AM

Tali sat on a stool well away from the chaos of the preparations. She, of course, was already prepared, having been up since dawn. Oh yes, immortality certainly had its perks. She looked down at her silver-sequined vest, needing to squint before she could see the white underneath. Her coat was also sequined, though in black instead of silver. Heck, even her boots were sequined, not to mention her breeches. Her hat was the only thing that lacked sequins at all, though it had a great measure of silver embroidery to make up for it. Absently, she fingered the two cards sticking out from the silver band; two jokers. In almost every card game, they were the most useless cards, and the same held true for magic it seemed.

She didn't bother checking her powders and bombs. There was no need. She had checked over everything often enough since breakfast. Her size would be sure to draw some comment; the "Midget Magician" was her show title. She had a new piece to her act though. It was a little something she had been working on for months, without letting anyone see. Hopefully it would earn her a new title.

Shrugging into the gaudy coat, Tali donned her hat and stood. Figuring it'd be best to check on the new addition, Tali made her way there, idly shuffling and juggling her cards while walking. It had taken her awhile, but she had finally gotten used to doing so through the silver gloves she wore. They sparkled as well, though Tali had no idea how. She had tried convincing Hannah to relent on the gaudiness, but the woman simply refused to acknowledge her presence. Looking around to get her bearings, Tali noticed the cage was directly in front of her. The flourish that accompanied her slipping the cards into her sleeves was second-nature to her by now, having been with the troupe for several years.

"Good 'morrow to you," she said, bowing slightly. "I hear you are the newest member of our... family. I welcome you, though I doubt you want it. It's best for you to simply let fate carry you as it may. Life will be much better on Hannah's good side, no? I'm certain Damien can be a witness to my claim if need be." Tali waited for a response patiently. If need be, she would help the women develop a backbone. As far as she was aware, Tali was the only one who could get away with calling the ringleader by her first name. True to her nature, she probably scared everyone out of saying it.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Aura was stading in the center of the stage where she had been many times entrancing audiences with her dancing. She was looking up where the lights of the big top could shine down on her face, her eyes were closed and she was smiling, imagining what it would be like to be a ringleader like Hannah. She imagined herself with a microphone, telling stories that would captivate her audience, introducing the attractions, controlling all the in's and out's of the entire parade! She heard someone approaching and snapped out of her daydream. It was Hannah! She smiled again giving Hannah a curtsey. "No Miss Hannah, everything appears to be in order", she said. Aura admired her, what a strong and independantly successful woman. "Is there anything I can help with before the show Miss Hannah?"

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 08-24-2011 at 10:32 PM..

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome

Old 07-30-2011, 06:11 PM

"H'Okay!" Mach said, with a wide grin, revealing a couple of missing teeth - by products of early learning accidents more than likely. She somersaulted backwards, turned around and started bouncing towards the attraction gates, rummaging through the little shoulder bag she always carried with her. Metal clanked and gears shifted, but these were not what she was looking for.
"Oh here it 'tis!" She said triumphantly, procuring a small bag with three surprisingly whole despite the contests of the bag berries. They seemed to glow with a fire inside.

"Here ya are!" she said as she ran by Ana's cage, tossing the three berries towards the girl. She kept running, looking in her bag for the second treasure she had found on their last trek. Another small makeshift bag, this one holding a few blueberries and some herbal leaves, as well as a few naturally smooth stones. She stopped suddenly at the next cage, this one actually locked, and softly left the bag on the floor of the cage.

"Don't be so sad all the time, Miss!" She said, smiling and saluting to the new attraction before whooshing off to the next stop. She much adored Tali, as she would tell her stories of the old times. She jumped and landed on top of the cage, laying down and peering at the girl below.
"Madam Tali!" She said excitedly, "I found another weird thing!" Mach pulled a box device with a cylindrical protrusion and buttons on the top and the side opposite the protrusion ((a camera)). It looked very old, and worn with age. Mach sneaked it through a hole in the top of the cage.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2011, 09:32 PM

Tali watched as Mach came sprinting toward her present location. The child certainly had a flare of optimism that was lacking in everyone else during these rough years. The girl was certainly an amazing mechanic, though she hadn't learned everything to her craft yet. The bubbly girl was obviously on an errand, though whether she had her orders from Hannah were yet to be seen. Tali still remembered the girl before she had begun telling the stories she knew. While still bubbly, she hadn't been as cheerful as now, and if you looked closely enough, you could see the suspicious gleam to her eye.

Honestly, Tali had not meant to give away exactly how old she was; she had just been trying to get some peace. The newest of her stories still took place a hundred to two hundred years ago. It had taken awhile, but she had managed to convince everyone that she had gotten them from a book. That simple slip however, had tied a knot between the mechanic and magician, though Tali hadn't meant to.

"It's a camera, Mach," Tali said, her impassive expression never faltering. She had just managed to catch a glimpse of it as it fell, which was what gave it away. "It's used to take pictures of people and things exactly as they are, like looking into a mirror shows your reflection perfectly." It was true that most of the other members of the troupe stayed away from her. Her disposition was often mistaken for morbidity or cynicism, though it was far off. The truth of the matter was that Tali kept her distance from people so it didn't hurt. They would age and die, while she lived on. The strings connecting her to them always ached when severed, and it was something she would rather avoid.

"If you don't mind me, I must go speak with Hannah," Tali said, bowing again before turning to leave. Absently, she slipped the colored balls out of, seemingly, thin air, and began to juggle as she walked. They would glow in the dark, an effect she knew how to produce from a time long past. People shied away from her as she passed, obviously trying to avoid even the remote possibility of speaking with her. Not that she noticed. Thoughts stormed behind her impassive expression.

Last edited by Angelo; 07-31-2011 at 10:41 PM..

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome

Old 07-31-2011, 10:24 PM

"Oooooh, Cooool. Ca-mu-ra!" Mach peered at the device with newfound interest. She would have to poke at this device some more at a later date. She looked at the watch on her arm and checked the time. The medium sized stick would go change ten times more before the show would start. Vos had taught her how to make this with a small purple and white crystal she had found, and Mach treasured it dearly.
Three more movements and Mach would need to be behind the stage near the controls for the special effects. She summersaulted back off of her seating place, whimsically marching to her place by the controls.

Esmme

Old 08-02-2011, 12:12 AM

Hearing Tali's advice, which was to get on the ringleader's good side, made the faun frown a bit. She let her long ears perk as Mach ran by and offered more advice. They seemed . . . friendly enough. But friendship wouldn't amount to freedom. They looked so different, too! Tali shimmered like a star; Mach scampered about like a little creature of the forest. They both smelled of smoke and carnival - and that brought Ay'ren back to flattening herself against the bars at her back.
"Th-thank you," she muttered to the words that she was given. It was a few seconds later when the woman was able to stand on her own two . . . hooves. Glancing to Damien, she forced her words out. She was lucky that they weren't a frightened squeak. "Do you have anything I can eat?"
It was then that she glanced back down to the ground where Mach had left a little . . . present. The faun warily picked it up . . . but the scent of berries and herbs made her heart beat happily. The white woman smiled a bit as she saw the small snacks and smooth stones. Sending a glance in the direction of the short youth, Ay'ren let her tail twitch in amusement. "That was very kind," she whispered to herself. Sitting, she chewed on a few of the berries and savored their taste for as long as possible. Watching in a kind of worn-out curiousity the faun continued to nibble on the snacks that Mach had dropped off for her.
-

Hannah gave Aurabella a brief smile. "I have no more tasks for you." The ringleader swept off her fedora and ran a hand through her brown curls. "It looks like everything is in order for the performance." She looked over the stage once more before smiling grimly. Her moment of rest swiftly turned back into her brisk demeanor . . . and a spark of impatience entered her multi-colored eyes.
"I am going to open the gates." Without so much as a "good luck," Hannah Lethal strode toward the makeshift iron gates that stood before their carnival. Her voice grew loud enough to captivate the crowd . . . and echo about the carnival's grounds. "Welcome to the Lethal Parade! I am Madame Lethal, and will be leading the show tonight. Feel free to wander as you wish until sundown."

The gates slid open with a scream that was followed by the excited voices of new carnival attendees.

-

Vos couldn't help but grimace as he heard the gates swing open. Joy. The silver-haired male sighed as he set down another of his recent additions to the carnival. It was a particularly stubborn mechanism that was refusing to give the lighting that was demanded by Madame Lethal. Wiping a smear of black grease off of his cheek (which only succeeded in streaking it across his face), Vos looked toward the opening of his tent.
The one place where he called "home" was a dark area full of mechanics and the scent of rust. The only sound that made its way through the thick canvas was the chittering of a mechanical squirrel that suddenly leapt up onto his shoulder. Vos stroked the critter's head before muttering about the lighting device. As though the animal understood, it bobbed its head and tail before hopping away from its master's shoulder.

Vos tapped the stopwatch that he wore about his neck before moving on to find the right tool for fixing the machine. He needed to keep himself busy before his mind started to wander. Sometimes it got him landed in trouble. Brushing aside a few hanging chains of delicate make, the engineer muttered to himself again.
"If I find out that this doesn't work, I can just make a new one." He considered calling Mach in to see if she wouldn't mind finding him the correct size of bolt he was looking for, but decided that he would just keep searching through the many piles and containers he had before calling on his young "apprentice."

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome

Old 08-02-2011, 05:15 AM

Luke
~~
Ugh.
The shows. He despised these.
When all the ignorant masses came to gawk and poke at the mysterious of natures and parlor tricks.
He'd much rather be back in his tent, playing with the crystallography device Mach had made him by request. It still needed much calibration, as Mach had little knowledge of chemistry outside what she could build with it. Yet, she was a good machinist, even when dealing with something unknown to her, and that certainly was rare in most people. She and Vos were among the few he'd met he respected on a scientific level, and those such as Hannah Lethal and her colleagues at the carnival few people he'd respected at all. They recognized his skill wasn't magical in any sense, and excepted him into their folds.

Unlike these folk who came storming through the carnival each showing.
He muttered angry nothings under his breath, as he sat in his little show tent rather crossly. A fortune teller was to always be at his or her booth, as it was often the shy ones who'd like to come while everyone else was in the main tent, and business for him happened almost as much these times than regular hours. He furrowed his brows. Good chemicals wasted on boring people with boring futures and boring lives.
Pah!
Lucifer, Seer of all that Was and Will Be, the catchphrase ran along the vivid purple skies painted on his tent. He'd much like these paintings, save the few titles and advertisements for his 'mysterious' and 'magical' fortune telling. Keh!
He'd be much happier when the day was done.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-02-2011, 05:54 AM

"Guess I won't be speaking to Hannah tonight," Tali muttered as she heard the gates open. Walking quickly, Tali managed to make it back to her spot before anyone showed up. She slipped under the stage just before the first spectators came in. Using her periscope, a neat little tool she had shown Mach how to make, she watched the crowd until it was full before she began her act.

Tossing up two smoke bombs, she heard the collective gasp, followed by the oohs and aahs, as she rose from beneath. Black and purple smoke filled her vision for a moment, yet she spoke anyway. "Welcome! Welcome! Tonight, I will take you on a journey through the world of magic. You won't believe your eyes as I twist the laws of reality themselves! So sit back, sit tight, and enjoy!" she shouted, the smile on her face never reaching her eyes. She had already begun juggling, the balls glowing brightly in the gloom. As she continued, she added more into the circle, until she was juggling fourteen. Two red, orange, green, blue, yellow, purple, and indigo balls made concentric rings, the colors blending to create a rainbow effect. Then they split into two different rings, both holding seven. All this before they abruptly vanished, to the cheers of the audience. Smiling falsely, Tali mentally grimaced. The night was going to be a long one.

Esmme

Old 08-02-2011, 06:09 AM

Watching as the first few performers of her troupe started, Madame Lethal nodded. Good. Things were starting out early. The day would be long . . . but this particular grouping of strangers seemed more well-off than the last. They were dressed in leather and roughly-hewn cloth instead of rags and makeshift hides. A few of them looked sick . . . but that couldn't be helped.
The ringleader's hand moved to the scarred side of her face as she saw a child dash off with the same mottled skin. Disease. They'd found ways to prevent it, and to slow the progress, but not cure it. Hannah's silvery eye pierced through the crowd as she looked to where she knew Luke's tent was. He was certainly one to perform miracles, but it was useless to hope that he could help her any longer. It had been far too long of a time before he even found a way to slow the sickness down.

Narrowing her eyes, Hannah moved to smile and charm the family before her. Directing them toward some of the animals that they kept trained, the short woman laughed and joked with them as though they were the world. When they were gone, she fell back into her brooding and moody mask. She even joined the crowd that was gathering about Tali.
It was always nice watching the tricks and slight-of-hand offered by the girl. Her youth was definitely a huge plus: it made it all the less probable that she was so skilled. It amazed everyone more seeing her youthful features and soft cheeks. Madame Lethal drummed her fingers against her arm as she watched, nodding when the crowd verbalized their amazement.

Once again, she was gone a few moments later. Directing another small group to some of the carnival stands and games, she then moved on to see to the other performers. Jugglers, dancers, acrobats, actors, puppetteers, animal trainers, food vendors, game operators, children entertainers . . . there was someone for every audience.
Hannah sighed to herself as she came to a stop near the big top. It was closed for the day - it would open that evening. That was the main event: the main show. It was when everyone performed to the best of their abilities. Narrowing her brown and silver eyes, the ringleader turned on her booted heel and snorted. She had a few preparations to make; she was always forgetting something.
"Vos!"

Hearing his name, Vos swiftly glanced up to the opening of his cluttered tent. Sadly, the action caused his mechanical squirrel to chitter in alarm. Too late. There was a flash as two circuits met: and the engineer was blinded for many moments as light danced across his vision. With a snarl he set down the light he'd been working on. It was fried. So much for scavenging it for future use.
"Madame Lethal," he tried to keep his voice smooth as he stood and guessed where the short woman was standing. Luckily she stopped a good foot in front of him: he still couldn't see very well. Wiping yet another black smear across his face, Vos sighed. Always something else to distract me. "Is there something you need?"

Hannah looked over the male with a disapproving eye before scoffing. "Someone like you ought to take better care of their features. If someone sees you like this, they'll think I run a zoo." Her pale features turned back to her thoughtful expression before she took a deep breath and started talking.
Repair the opening gadget for the gates.
Don't forget the lights on the back of the big top.
Find a way to keep everything from falling apart when Ana Wright set fire to something on purpose (it wasn't destructive, but part of the show).

Somehow the list ended up longer than Vos was tall. He merely nodded mutely until the ringleader strode off to direct yet another part of the crowd.
Figures.

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome

Old 08-02-2011, 06:38 AM

Steaaaam!
Mach ran about excitedly behind the scenes, pulling chains, pushing buttons, cranking cranks and gears. She had been offered other's to help, and Vos himself would even join her sometimes, but she loved doing this by herself.
"Wheeee!" So much fun! It was times like these she thanked her long-lost parents for leaving her here. She'd never have this much fun out in the 'real world' as Madam Lethal liked to say sarcastically among the 'ignorant masses' as Mister Luke liked to say.
Fwoosh! She pulled the curtains in a magnificent display of smoke and steam.
"Teehee! Fun!" She said, laughing excitedly.
Only two pipes and four gaskets burst this evening as well as only 4 short circuits. It was a record! Much better than last show!

~~~

More customer's began to pour into the tent like a flood, despite his odd demeanor. In fact, Luke's sarcasm and utter nonchalance about the whole thing seemed to draw in even more customers. These left nice big hefty tips.
The rich are always worried about losing their riches...
Silly fools. Materials always die. But science lives on forever, in the minds and hearts of all people.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-02-2011, 02:28 PM

Aura watched as Hannah exited the tent to open the gates. Giving the tent one last look she exited through the back and made her way to her own much smaller more intimately private performing tent. The front was tied open with golden ropes so that passers by could catch a glimpse of her dancing through sheer gold and deep red curtains with a layer of thin gold medallion beads hanging lightly over them. Red and gold pillows encircled her make shift stage. A small section off to the side was closed off with heavier curtains. Inside was a comfy plush deep red chair amongst other golden trinkets, pillows and mirrors. Some of the men would pay very well for more private dances. She removed her thin gold shoes and began to dance seeing people peeking inside her tent and gathering on the pillows.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 08-24-2011 at 10:31 PM..

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome

Old 08-03-2011, 05:44 PM

"Vos! Vos!" Mach ran over to the mechanic joyfully, holding up in her hands a mumble of pieces and shards, "Only these ones broke today!" She ran around him skipping happily, then stopped suddenly in front of Vos again.
"Good thing too, Mister Lucifer was rather annoyed last time he had to make so much brass for us out of wood." She continued her joyful celebration.

~~

"YES, it is my REAL name. Don't ask me why my mother chose it, but she did, and I would kindly appreciate if people would stop asking!" Luke said, rather annoyed as the sixth person in a row asked the same ignorant question. Oh mother, she had the oddest sense of humour, Lord rest her soul! He sprinkled a little gold into the dish filled with a mixture of mercury and other chemical substances, his customers watching wide eyed as he poured this mixture into a rather odd shaped crystal via an ordinary funnel. The liquid settled into the different compartments in different mixtures, with more mercury seeping into the bottom most area, and water trying to force it's way up.
"But anyways, was it past or future you wanted to see? I need to run a different current for each..." Future, the man mumbled. Future, future, always future. Only little Marilyn ever asked to see the past nowadays. Whatever...92.567 Amps DC for the future it was. He pressed the second switch on the odd crystal's base. The mixtures began to glow, the colors floating differently in each compartment, until they mingled together and seemed to oscillate in some sort of pattern.
"Yes, yes, I know this doesn't make any sense to you. For your connivence, a viewing apparatus for the visuals, and I will interpet the rest for you. He handed the customer a rather odd magnifying glass, with facets in the crystal that would seem unusual in other circumstances.
"No, hold it like THIS and look through HERE." Oh ignorant masses.
The customer gasped as a clear picture was seen on his glass. Luke sat down again, adjusting the ludicrous hat Lethal had required he wear.
"Damned be this garb!" he muttered under his breath. The customers wanted mystique! They wanted MAGIC Lethal had said. Though not too much magic...
It was the one requirement Lethal had that Lucifer wasn't to fond of. That, and he wasn't allowed to study the odd ones at the circus without permission from them. Peh, legalities...
"Well, what you're seeing, as I'm sure you've realized, is a few minutes of yourself in the future. You seem to be dressed well, attending church with your wife...oh what? No wife yet? Well, you've got a wife in the future, so congratulations to you. Taking your mass I see, as the dots tell me of prayer chanting. But ooh, I don't like the sound of your wife's cough there. Can't tell quite what it is in these few minutes, but unfortunately to fast forward a little bit requires more materials..." Coins clinked into the nearby receptacle for money.
"I'll be getting that then." Lucifer could see just about a year's worth of someone's life in the crystal, although the viewing device would only show a few minutes without tampering. He'd always time it like such, as more money for Lethal meant more chemicals for him. He added a single drop of mercury into the crystal. The colors swirled and dashed about, and then settled again, the viewing device showing the woman coughing four times more within a few minutes.
"Ooh, yuck, yes that is not a good cough. I'd suggest when this happens, take your wife to a doctor immediately after church, and she'll be fine." The customer nodded, entranced by the vision.
"Well, don't just sit there, write it down!" The customer blinked, snapped out of his trance, and fumbled about for a pencil and paper. Lucifer rolled his eyes.
"Here you are." He handed the customer a scrap paper and pencil, who snatched it out of his hands and rapidly wrote a note to himself, to take his future wife to the doctor when she coughed in church. Of course, the idiot wouldn't write down the exact details of the time, and probably overreact every time his future wife coughed. Idiots.
Oh well, the money was had, and Lethal would be happy, and he would be happy when at the next town he'd have more mercury.

Esmme

Old 08-03-2011, 11:45 PM

Vos heard Lethal walk away. Trying to rub the spots of light out of his eyes, the engineer sighed loudly. I'll get to it all eventually. His head shot up when he heard a familiar voice: Mach. "Good," he muttered, reaching out to take the jumble of broken parts from the girl. Though his demeanor gave off annoyed impatience, Vos honestly grew to enjoy her enthusiastic behavior.
Moving to set the destroyed copper on a shelf with the other currently useless bits and pieces, Vos frowned. "Did you finish with the stage, girl?" Busying himself with cleaning a few messes up (spilled oil, charred fabric, loose parts) the silver-haired youth finally sat down in front of his destroyed project. Damn. It was useless . . . just as pointless as the ruined bits of copper that Mach had brought in.

Resting his head in his hands, Vos closed his eyes for the first time since before the sun rose. "Girl, do you remember where I put the three quarter-inch wrench?" He'd been looking for it earlier, and it was still mysteriously missing. . . .
-

((:D I just realized that there are like . . . three guys and five guys. :lol: How fun!

Oh. And I really like Luke. ;)))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2011, 12:03 AM

"For my next trick, I'll need a volunteer," Tali called out, calmly looking over the audience a couple of times to make it seem as if she was looking for specific qualities. "You! How would you like to be a part of the show?" She grimaced as the man practically ran up; the complaints had started as soon as the hands were lowered. The man was of average height, which meant that he looked to be a giant to her, with an eager grin slapped to his oval face. His nose appeared broken several times, and he had several holes in his coat.

Taking out a deck of cards from what appeared to be thin air, she heard the man gasp, echoed by the audience. The deck she pulled out was red-backed, with intricate designs. They weren't her good cards. No one was allowed to touch her good deck except for her. Absently, she shuffled the cards, adding a little flourish by juggling them into the deck. Fanning them out, she had the man pick a card. "Now show the audience, but don't tell me what it is," Tali said, closing her eyes to make sure.

"Done!" the man called out cheerfully.

"Now put the card back into the deck," she said, waiting for another verbal indication that he had done as told before she opened her eyes. Waving her hand over the deck, she made a show of muttering an incantation before she began shuffling the cards again. After a few moments, she flipped one card into the air and caught it behind her back.

"Is this your card?" she asked sweetly, to a few awws from the audience. When the man replied no, she looked at the card puzzled before grinning. "Silly me," she said. "I switched this one with the one in my hat. Whoops." Pulling the card from her hat, which had replaced the black joker, she asked, "Is this your card?"

The man immediately shouted yes and ran off the stage to recount every detail to his friends, whilst everyone in the audience stared up at her dumbfounded, though cheering loudly.

Last edited by Angelo; 08-04-2011 at 01:57 PM..