TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-26-2011, 11:39 PM

Starting our journey in a post-apocalyptic era, it seems that everything would be depressing. But among those that survived, there is hope as well as stories of an island in the ocean that's full of life. Green grass everywhere, trees, and animals; the one hope that life on the small rock floating through space would be replenished. Some stay where they currently are, comfortable with the slow rebirth of the earth; others will travel to this Utopia for reassurance that not all is lost, or to start a new life in a healthy environment. The path is up to the explorer.

Background:

This idea is similar to the "Fallout" games but not exactly. War between countries had become "over the top" when smaller countries began dropping out trying to save themselves from the largest powers (China and America). China demanded the money the USA had owed them and there was nothing to give. So China started their invasion on American soil. The USA requested assistance from China's neighboring countries, and received it until China decided to take those countries over. Thus, leading to the rest of the world defending themselves and the "ultimate" war broke out. Most of the wealthy and intelligent were put into "safe houses" that were nuclear shelters. Others that couldn't afford them had to fend for themselves. Nuclear bombs targeted different areas around the globe. Several thousands of people were killed and the war ended leaving everything in ruins. Several years passed before anyone had left the "safe houses" and those that survived rebuilt a home as well as hope for a better tomorrow.

Last edited by TearRose; 08-03-2012 at 02:15 AM..

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2011, 12:04 AM

RULES:

~follow menewsha rules
~keep things pg, romance of all kinds are accepted but anything more than pg needs to be time skipped (take them to MSN or something), violence is ok (this is post-apocalypse, there's going to be some crazies)
~no killing off other characters unless the "master" of the character is ok with it and i am informed.
~type at least 5 sentences per post. (I won't count the sentences if it looks long enough) this is a futuristic rp, expand the horizon, talk about what your character is seeing (I don't want to be the only one making up the scenery).
~no god modding! just, no. it results in an instant ban and your character will be deleted.
~try to post once a week. I know it's the school year.
~let me know when you'll be gone for an extended period of time so that we can "drag" your character around and update you when you get back.
~Upon entering, you will need to post yourself "realistically" into the story. no popping out of nowhere and suddenly being part of the group. (Ex: "Character" saw a group walking towards her house that was specifically made to be unseen by anyone that didn't know it's existence. She wondered where they were headed for they looked tired and hungry but the urge to be where they were heading was greater.)
~pm profiles to me, I will NOT accept any profiles that are not pmed.
~title the pm Utopia
~take things that are not the story line to the OOC

Last edited by TearRose; 10-02-2011 at 09:38 PM..

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2011, 12:36 AM

Character Types:

Human :: Human's aren't really all that special though knowing that some survived is proof that the race is strong enough to face anything. Being the original species of the earth would also be a blessing for those that wish to be normal, they may be able to help those effect by the radiation. There's two different backgrounds to humans, one can be chosen: a human that was in the "safe house" and has just recently emerged; and one that survived the war outside of the "safe house" and still managed to keep their genes.

Mutant :: Mutants are the humans that were effected by the bombs and radiation. They can have an unnatural ability with a physical alteration. They either like the way they are, or wish with all their heart to be a normal human again. Their background is either their family couldn't afford the "safe house" or was in the military and was forced to stay in the fields. They can appear to be mixed with animals or be mutated to a horrid state.

Cyborg :: Cyborg's are humans with robotic body parts. These can be either some one who was born into this age and somehow lost a part of themselves or a being from recently after the explosions, put together a few robotic limbs and have somehow manage to stay alive all these years. They're usually stronger than the average human but lack in speed because of the heavy metal that's a part of them.

Robot :: These intelligent pieces of metal have a mind of their own. they are similar to cyborgs but still very different. They are strong and can take any amount of blow without falling. The only way to "kill" a robot is to disconnect the head from the body. Each one is different from the other as well. One can have human emotions and another might not have any at all. These living pieces of metal could have either lasted through the bombs (in or out side of the "safe house") or was made in later years.

----------

Profile Skeleton:

[CENTER]~[COLOR="color1"]First Middle Last[/ COLOR]~
[IMG]your character(anime)[/ IMG]
I'm a [COLOR="thecolorthatmatchestheaboepost"](human, mutant, cyborg, robot)[/ COLOR]. [/ CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Basics[/ CENTER][/ B]

My age is [COLOR="color1"](no younger than 10)[/ COLOR].
I have [COLOR="color2"](color)[/ COLOR] hair.
My eyes are [COLOR="color1"](color)[/ COLOR].
I am [COLOR="color2"](height in feet and inches)[/ COLOR].
I weigh [COLOR="color1"](number)[/ COLOR]lbs.

[B][CENTER]Special[/ CENTER][/ B]

My special ability is [COLOR="color2"](referring to the mutant trait or any realistic human ability)[/ COLOR].
My disadvantage is [COLOR="color1"](weakness/setback)[/ COLOR].
My background story? Well, [COLOR="color2"](write a good paragraph. prove yourself as well as shedding some light on the character so we know why they act a certain way though our own characters may not understand)[/ COLOR].
The song that sums me up is [COLOR="color1"](name of song and singer/band. link's are nice too)[/ COLOR].

[RIGHT]My master is [COLOR="color2"](your username)[/ COLOR].[/ RIGHT]

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2011, 01:17 AM

Accepted Characters

~Emily Faith Thompson~

I'm a cyborg.

Basics

My age is twenty-two.
I have dark red hair.
My eyes are green.
I am 5'6".
I weigh 190lbs.

Special

My special ability is I'm part cyborg. I have a lot more "umph" in me than I used to.
My disadvantage is when it comes to running, I'm slower than someone who isn't part metal.
My background story? Well, I was born to a family that fortunately had no radiation effects. Yes my ancestors were poor, but only the strong survive in this situation. It turns out we were lucky to be outside the radiation zone. I grew up listening to the story of how my family made it to this day. I also grew up eating the mutated meat of animals that my father had caught, and when I was old enough, I learned how to hunt for food as well. One night, when I was 16 years old, a gang of bandits found our home and destroyed it, killing my family and cutting off my limbs as I tried to fight back. I was left to die on the floor of what was left of my home.
I woke up a few weeks later, thinking that I had died and gone to heaven. I was in a room with surgical equipment and lite by candles. I stood up, hearing a loud clink as my new metal legs had touched the ground. A scientist had saved me from certain death. he gave me new legs and new arms and explained that the reason I was able to move them was the head device I was wearing. I was able to feel solid objects but not liquids or textures. I didn't care though, I was happy to be alive.
I lived in the small town that I was brought to for a few years. During that time, I had learned of a place called Utopia. Hearing about a land that has been untouched by man's hatred towards one another sounded like wishful thinking. But hey, what do I have to loose?
The song that sums me up is Alive - POD.

My master is TearRose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall Ravenhart
~Angela Alina Orphan~

I'm a mutant

Basics

My age is 13.
I have light brown hair.
My eyes are golden.
I am 5'4".
I weigh 120lbs.

Special

My special ability is I can fly.
My disadvantage is I can't carry heavy loads or fly indefinately.
My background story? Well, I was abandoned as a toddler and found by an elderly couple who named me Angel because of my wings. When the old lady died, the man treated me like a slave. He died when I was 10. I gave myself a new name, Angela, and have been alone since. The only clues towards my true families identity is a leaf charm bracelet I was wearing as a child (which I now wear as an ankle bracelet) and a piece of paper found tucked in my pocket with the word 'Utopia' on it. I am now searching for any information which could tell me more about my family.

The song that sums me up is Fly - Celine Dion

My master is Squall Ravenhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by April
~F.O.U.R. [From Our Undying Resolve]~

I'm a Robot with Human Emotions.

Basics

I have been in operation for seven years.
I have no hair.
My lenses are green.
I am 7'1".
I weigh 411 lbs.

Special

My special abilities are strength, speed and accuracy equivalent to 208/149/400 times that of a human. I am also able to process things at light-speed [wanes drastically when my energy is lower than 60%] and I have a knowledge database equivalent to 89% of all known things in the world, adding more data when encountering something new.

My disadvantages are the limited number of ammo I can carry and the fact that I can only stay active for up to 11 hours in a day. I have a back-up reserve that replenishes via moonlight ONLY, as my PV cells were damaged in an recent explosion and are now unable to take energy directly from sunlight. It's enough to power just my movement plus mental processes for exactly two hours, during which time I must find a safe zone to back up data. The remaining 11 hours must be spent draining energy from batteries/any electrical source I can find. If my energy reaches 0% I will shut down and all data acquired after the last save will be deleted irreversibly.

My background story? Well, as my name suggests, I was made with my creators' hopes deeply embedded into my core code. My sole purpose was to protect their only daughter, Ilandere. Everything I did, I did for her. And everything I could do, I would.
After our parents' untimely death we were always together. Seven years goes by fast for a Robot, but lack of proper nutrition would almost nearly take Lan's life every time we could not find food fit for human consumption. It was not until we came across a group of travelers claiming to be headed to "Utopia" that things changed. They had tried to convince Lan to go with them, all the while eyeing me with suspicion. She repeatedly refused, however, stating that if the invitation was not extended to me then there was no need for her to go with them. That was the last night we ever spent together.
I knew immediately that all was wrong the next morning. The first red flag came up when I realized that I actually had to boot up, which would never happen unless Ilandere was doing repairs on me. The second red flag came from her signal key that was beeping in my hand and she was nowhere in sight. My circuits were "buzzing with worry". During a file scan I found that she had left me a recorded message, explaining that the group from last night threatened to permanently shut me down if she did not go with them. I apparently reminded them of the enemy machines that destroyed their homeland, and they would have nothing to do with me, but they knew she was sick and did not want to leave her either.
I understood that feeling very well. I constantly blamed myself for being so useless that I could not even help the one most important to me. I swore then and there to find this "Utopia" and reunite with my Lan. My only wish now is that she is still alive and well, waiting for me to find her

The song that sums me up is:

SPOILERX

My master is April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyRey
~Dei Parma Eitr~

I'm a Human.

Basics

My age is 25.
I have Yellow hair.
My eyes are Orange.
I am 5'8".
I weigh 156lbs.

Special

My special ability is Though I don't have extraordinary abilities as far as this world is concerned, I am a quick learner and most people who meet me say I have a sharp wit.
My disadvantage is I am claustrophobic. Going inside a building is hard enough for me.
My background story? Well, I was raised in the shelters since both my parents were two of those useful scientists everybody rounded up into the safe houses. I'm not sure if or where I was born in the outside world. I tried asking my parents about it but they would always give me these nervous looks and tell me that it was best not spoken of with anyone. Seems as if they were worried somebody might hear us and we'd be in trouble or something. For the next decade, I believe, I grew up surrounded by the rich or the intellectually advanced and was myself placed in a school that taught some really complicated stuff. I was doing fine with my studies but at some point I got bored and decided to let my grades slip a little in pursuit of something different from the monotonous education. That was when my parents freaked out. They gave me the hardest time of my life until I got my act together. All I ever heard from them at that point was that my mind was a gift and it would be worse than death if I let it go to waste....and something about the betterment of society and whatever...

But what was their problem? Last time I checked, we had more than enough scientists running around the place. There's so many people breathing the same air, day in and day out...And what's with all these walls?! What are they for? Why can't we go out?! Forget the war, we already have the means and the technology to keep ourselves safe from the radiation. Can't we develop suits or something?! What's the point of teaching us about the world if we can't even see the sky?!! We're just locked in here!

It's getting so cramped...so many people....

I finally got out a few months after I turned eighteen. Used my job to get close to the air filters, stole a hazmat suit with an air filter just in case, and climbed out a vent. I'm sure they can find someone to replace me.

Looks like post apocalyptic outdoor life wasn't so bad after all

The song that sums me up is I Am the Highway - Audioslave.

My master is MintyRey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kya Katsumi
~Callie Marie Johnson or 095-3678~

I'm a Cyborg.

Basics

My age is 22.
I have dark brown and wavey hair.
My eyes are a dark green with golden chips.
I am 5'5".
I weigh 130lbs.

Special

My special abilities are super human strength, speed, intellect and durability.
My disadvantage is Her body wasn't designed to have built in weaponry and although she has been brainwashed to kill any living thing, she has flashbacks of her human life that are beginning to make her stray and feel her human emotions again. There is a phrase that shuts her off, immediately rebooting her, but it takes a few minutes. (PM me for phrase)..
My background story? Well, When I was 19 I was captured by military and taken to a secret lab where they preformed a multitude of expieriments on my body. I'm now 85% metal, but the majority of it is lightweight keeping me from being slow. I don't remember any of the empieriments and that's probably for the best. I appear to be human on the outside which allows me to easily fool unsuspecting lives. I was brainwashed to kill any living thing that wasn't programed into my system as "safe" but I have been having flashbacks of my previous life, family and friends, that are causing me to stray and feel my human emotions again..
The song that sums me up is Manipulating Woman.

My master is Kya Katsumi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark world dealer
Dylan cross

I'm a human

Basics

My age is [COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]21
I have brown hair.
My eyes are blue.
I am 5'9 .
I weigh 167lbs.

Special

My special ability is im a master fighter in many fighting styles like jujitsu karate tie kwon doe kendo ect..
my setback is my honer of a fighter I cant just attack some one with out warning them 3 times or if the attack me.
My background story? Well, Dylan was born into this is father was a fames fighter of jujitsu and when the fighting happened him and a bunch of master's took my village and my pregnant mother to find some ware safe to start over my mother was giving birth to me a week later in some human village so they took refuge there for 5 years at the age of 2 I was walking at 4 I was breaking boards at 5 all the masters that went with us were teaching me so that the way of the warrior wouldn't die soon after we were on the move again my mother died of illness soon after at the age of 9 I was fighting by merging all the things that the master's were teaching me when i turned 16 I had become one of the youngest master's in the world but I hadn't mastered merging the fighting styles at 19 I was able to smash rock and dent steel with my hits at the age of 20 I had left my grope I was told that I had to show the world what a fighter was so till this day I have been helping people that need it.
The song that sums me up is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yky_tKgpaJ8

My master is dark world dealer

Last edited by TearRose; 12-04-2011 at 08:46 PM..

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2011, 01:18 AM

~~Setting~~

Day :: Around the middle of May.

Time :: About 3 in the after noon.

Weather :: Sunny with some clouds. Slightly chilly out.

Last edited by TearRose; 10-04-2011 at 05:47 AM..

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2011, 01:19 AM

~~Events~~

10/2 ~ OOC has been created

10/4 ~ Open for posts!

Last edited by TearRose; 10-04-2011 at 05:32 AM..

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-29-2011, 07:39 PM

Emily swung a backpack that was falling apart over her right shoulder. She had found it when she was walking through one of the nearby buildings that read "West Watergate Middle School" in the underground level. She was even surprised that it was still there and in tact considering it was fabric.

Earlier that day, Emily had decided that she was going to go find this Utopia. She packed the bag with food, blankets and some clothes. Anything else she may need, she figured she could find along the way. The cyborg stepped out into the sun, blinking from the change of light. She glanced around before heading in the direction she hasn't been; the one that she's seen so many others heading when they were traveling to this Utopia.

Her journey was quiet but it had also just begun. She didn't expect much seeing as she was alone. Maybe I'll meet up with a group heading to the same place and I'll be able to walk with them, she thought as she slowly exited the small town she had stayed in for the past few years. I'm sure going to miss every body but, at least I'll be in a land of peace. A smile split across her face as she thought about Utopia.

Last edited by TearRose; 10-04-2011 at 05:44 AM..

April
"They call me.. MISTER Pig."

Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 AM

[Yay, we're starting~ This is the moon calendar I'll be using as a reference from now on, just in case anyone is wondering.]

"Tonight's going to be a good moon, F.O.U.R.!"

The Robot directed his head to the sky, pausing to look at the low sun. He sighed, much as Ilandere did, while replaying a memory of her smiling and commenting on scenery just like today's. Ever since they were separated, and before he knew it, he had already adapted her mannerisms. How she walked, how she talked.. Well, he was as much like her as he could be in a "manly" kind of way.

"Manly". She often used that word to describe him. Built to be strong and swift, yet gentle. That didn't even sound logical to him. He was neither strong enough nor swift enough to keep her with him.. Though he supposed he could not deny that he was kind. He thought about killing the travelers when he found them but F.O.U.R. knew that wouldn't be the right thing to do.

The 7-footer sighed again. He missed his Lan so much.

Last edited by April; 10-04-2011 at 08:31 AM..

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 AM

"Nope." A piece of scrap metal went flying behind him.
"Not this." Another worn hunk of junk is sent airborne.

"Nope.... No. Useless...Not it..." Dei went on like this for another minute more. The man just could not find what he wanted in the pile of rubble. But that was alright, there were plenty of other piles to search through in this desolate wasteland of a city. "Not tha- Oh, wait!" Giving the metal object a good look over, Dei eventually stuffed it in his bag with satisfaction. "Finally, a wrench. Now I don't have to fix those pipes by hand anymore.", he said, rubbing his sprained left wrist.

He was talking about the plumbing in some of the bathrooms of the ruined buildings. Being human meant he still needed to heed the call of nature every now and then, and in this day and age a working lavatory was hard to come by. With the knowledge he gained from living in the safe houses, Dei managed to fix up a few he needed to use ever since arriving at this former city. It was a miracle water even ran through this place. The bathrooms out here were not as clean as the ones back in the shelters but Dei preferred the dingy stalls over going back to that nuthouse.

After looking around for anything else useful, the one-eyed man looked to the skies to check the time. It was a little hard to tell. The tall hollow buildings, though blasted in many places, still stood proud and their shadows cast a gloom over the streets. Dust often obscured his vision whenever the wind blew, but if he was right it would be night time in a couple of hours. Looks like he'd have to find a place to stay soon.

Despite knowing which buildings were the least likely to collapse on whoever slept in them, Dei would rather sleep under the stars as much as possible. He had already spent most of his life in a sealed area and he was not going to risk being trapped like that again.
The blond soon went on his way, kicking up some rubble after a few steps out of boredom.

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Angela clung precariously to the edge of the ruined building. A gust of wind blew her long hair in her face.
Her wings shifted minutely, automatically adjusting her balance to compensate for it.
She absently tucked strands of hair behind one ear, her melancholy golden eyes thoughtful.
An awful lot of people had been passing through lately, either in groups or singley. She wasn't sure why and hadn't yet screwed up the courage needed to fly down and ask.
Angela grimaced slightly at the memory of the last time she had approached someone. It hadn't ended well and she wasn't eager to repeat the experience. Her arm was still bruised where the stones had hit her.
As the sun retreated behind a cloud, she sighed and looked around at the roof she called 'home'.
There was a tiny flat shelter made out of metal and brick, her wings twinged in remembered pain. It had taken so long to fly them up here and her wings and shoulders had been so painful after that she had been stuck here for several days. There were also assorted blankets and rags Angela had brought with her when the old man died, they served as her bedding. And that was it really, not much of a home but it was all she had at the moment.

Noises from far below caught Angela's attention and pulled her out of her musings.
She carefully peered down, curious. This place was normally so silent, what was happening down there?

The buildings threw shadows everywhere and Angela shivered, feeling the cold for the first time today. Maybe it was something bad? I should stay up here, nothing can get me up here. But.......... What if it's someone who needs help? Maybe they won't throw stones at me this time? No, I'll stay here, I'm safe here. But....... Maybe they'll talk to me? It would be nice.......

Her thoughts tumbled round each other, going in circles. Angela had been alone for so long, she yearned for a little company but she was also afraid. There hadn't been many people willing to show her kindness in her short life, experience had shown her they couldn't really be trusted.

Finally she made up her mind. If I stay up high, out of sight, they won't see me. I'll just look.
With a look of determination on her normally sad face, Angela spread her wings wide to catch the wind, then leapt off the edge before she could change her mind.

She silently descended keeping an eye out for whatever was making such a racket, one hand clutched tightly round her hair to keep it out of her face.
The empty windows of the buildings around were creepy, she felt like a hundred unseen eyes were watching her. She stubbornly forced herself not to keep checking them. No one was there, hadn't been before and wouldn't be now.
Her gaze swept the rubble strewn streets and she nearly missed the blond man kicking his way along.
Angela stopped with a jerk and instantly flew up into the nearest empty window, her heart hammering in fear.

She peeked cautiously past the edge, her hands and wings shaking, would it be safe to go down?

Last edited by Squall Ravenhart; 10-04-2011 at 10:23 AM..

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-04-2011, 04:27 PM

"Huh?" Dei stopped in his tracks and looked about him. He listened carefully to the light breeze passing by, to the clanging and clacking of severed wires tapping at the metal poles they were attached to. For a moment he was sure he heard the distinct sound of flapping wings. He readjusted his backpack. Previously, Dei had been carrying it with just a strap over his right shoulder. Now, he would have to wear it properly in case this was a situation he'd have to run from. 'Could it be robbers?', he wondered. He was no stranger to marauding gangs of thieves roaming the harsh terrain. It had been seven years since he had left the bitter comforts of his safe house and although he had run into friendly survivors every now and again, he also had the misfortune to meet some nefarious ones.

If they were marauders, he could probably handle them or make a decent escape. There were many places to hide in. But what worried him more was if it was one of those wild, mutated animals. The animals that didn't die off from the radiation often mutated. Most were harmless and usually avoided humans when they could. But there were some that became rabid, insane, and just plain old nasty. They would attack anything that crossed their territory on sight and were tough to take down if you didn't at least have a gun.

Dei had come across such a beast and lost an eye for it. He did not want to deal with one again. But after scanning the broken streets the man saw no signs of movement. He also checked out the buildings. Perhaps there was someone living in this area after all, lurking in the shadows and watching him since his arrival. 'That would be creepy.', was his immediate thought. The runaway was about to end his search when he finally spotted something white in a high-level window.

"Is anybody there?", he called out, his echo ringing throughout the area. Squinting his eye, Dei was sure he could make out the top of someone's head.

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 PM

When his voice reached her, Angela squeaked and ducked hurriedly. Had he seen her? What do I do? Shall I go down? Should I say something? What if he throws stones at me? Maybe I should stay hidden. Oh why did I come down here?
She pressed her hands against her head, torn by indecision.
Finally she decided to just take a quick peek over the edge again. After all, he wouldn't be able to get her all the way up here. Could he?
Angela mustered her courage and slowly peeked over the edge again, her wings curled protectively round her thin frame.
"Wh-who are y-you?" she stuttered as loud as she could, unfortunately her voice came out rather high pitched.
A strong gust of wind howled through the building and she shivered in her thin dress. Why was it so much colder down here than it had been up on her roof?

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-05-2011, 09:49 AM

The wary man barely made out the question that came from the stranger since it sounded a little squeaky, plus the stuttering didn't help much. At least he now knew it was a girl. Or someone that sounded like a girl.

"I'm Dei. Who are you?", was his straightforward reply. As far as he's concerned, there wasn't any real point to hiding his identity. A shift in the clouds brought a little more light to the area, if only for a passing minute, at which time he put a hand to his brow as a temporary visor. The extra lighting didn't do much to help him get a better look at who he was speaking to. "You spying on me or something?", he added curtly.

Last edited by MintyRey; 07-29-2012 at 03:04 AM.. Reason: typosssss

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-05-2011, 07:19 PM

Spying? Angela felt so indignant and shocked at the very idea that he thought she had been spying that she instantly jumped to her feet and, half hanging over the edge, she scowled down at him.
"You're the one who's been making a racket near my roof!" she shouted down to him.
The few rays of sun flashed in her face and she gasped, one arm going to her eyes to block the sudden brightness.
All it took was for the wind to give a strong gust and Angela suddenly lost her balance.
With a cry of surprise she fell out of the window. Completely forgetting her wings she stared in terror at the fast approaching ground.
Whilst her brain was frozen in fear, instinct kicked in and Angela's wings opened wide with a muscle wrenching pull.
She cried out in pain, however she shakily spread them a little further and managed to slow completely.
Heart hammering she landed softly amongst the rubble and promptly collapsed to her knees, her long brown hair obscurring her face.

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-07-2011, 12:24 AM

As Emily left her home, she came closer to a small patch of trees, or at least they were suppose to be trees... right? The girl glanced back behind her; she had only left what seemed like a few seconds ago and the town she was in was already off in the distance. She was now officially traveling. She smiled at the thought and then decided to inspect the trees, maybe even catch an animal or two for later.

The plants looked like they had died a long time ago but somehow still managed to stand. There wasn't a whole lot of shade and very little in the way of food for animals. There were maybe one or two trees that somehow managed to live, though they were deformed and seemed to beg for better nutrients and water. Emily stepped into the group of trees as quietly as possible. She had a make shift bow with an arrow drawn and ready to kill for her meal.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-07-2011, 03:09 AM

The sound of metal being bent and molded filled the air as 095-3678 ripped the steel doors from the front of the "safe house" that was supposed to be in a secret area. Unfortunately for the humans inside, the locations of a large majority of the "safe houses" had been leaked. Her face was expressionless as she stepped inside the entry way into the pitch blackness. The M16 was held now in both hands as she activated her nightvision internally to scan the room. Empty.

Her long dark hair fell over her shoulders to her mid back, the wind picking pieces of it up and lightly tickling them over her face as she exited the safe house. She didn't feel it, but her inner computer told her something was lightly brushing against her face. After assessing the issue at hand, 095-3678 left the hair in her face, it was no immediate threat, nor did it interfere with her mission. The short black leather jacket, tight black skinny jeans, and black leather buckle boots that almost reached her knees, were perfect for the weather. But being a cyborg meant she could technically have been standing there naked, and the cold wouldn't have bothered her. She wore the outfit simply for the camouflage, in otherwords, to seem more like an ordinary human.

Continuing through the city of rubble and debris she came upon a military blockade of cement bags and barbed wire. In the next moment she was frozen still, staring into nothingness. In her mind she saw a woman, who looked like an older version of herself. The woman was being pulled towards a military van and 095-3678 seemed to be following, tears filling her eyes as she reached for the woman who was yelling at her, "Run Callie, run away! Go!" 095-3678's inner computer jolted her out of the memory. Her dark green eyes blinked owlishly. Had Callie been her name? Was that woman her mother? For a moment she felt almost saddened. What was this feeling?

The computer inside her pushed the memories away, forcing her to continue forward, making her way around the blockade she scanned the city for any signs of movement and life. Her mission was to eliminate all living things and that's what she was going to do.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-08-2011, 04:55 AM

"Woah!!", Dei exclaimed, thinking that the girl who had fallen from the window was going to meet the ground in a horrible way. But to his relief, she didn't. It took him a while to register the wings that had spread from her back. 'A mutant?', he thought as he rushed over to the brown haired girl. "Hey! Are you okay?!" Dei had seen that she was able to slow her descent because of her unusual appendages but she immediately crumpled over as soon as she reached the ground. That was more than enough to make him worried. The man stopped just a few steps away from the winged stranger. Although the space he kept was by virtue of caution, the man had a clear look of worry on his face. "You aren't hurt or anything, are you?"

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Pausing as she picked up the sounds of movement near, 095-3678 scanned the area for life. Nothing. But she had confirmed the sound of human voices and a general direction. She turned and made her way over the debris, her boots crunching over broken glass and kicking up small piles of dirt and ash. An arrow at the top of her line of vision kept her headed in the right direction as she continued foward toward the voices, expressionless.

As she neared the corner of a building she heard the distinct sound of a male human voice. Standing with her back against the building she peeked around the corner to assess how many humans she would be dealing with and if there were any cyborgs that would pose a slightly higher threat. She scanned the scene before her; Two targets; one human male, no clear weapon, one female mutant, no clear weapon, no threats. The words 'eliminate targets' flashed red in her eyes.

095-3678 raised the black M-16, still crouched behind the building, aimed for the mutants chest as she would be too able to escape the fire if she wasn't disposed of first, and pulled the trigger. Only a dull clicking sound rose from the weapon. Her expressionless face gazed down at the weapon to assess the sound. Was it broken? No, the M-16 was empty. That was fine, she wouldn't need it with only two targets, but she would need to handle the situation in a different way.

Pulling the gun over her head to relieve herself of the strap, she dropped it on the ground. Stepping from behind the building to make herself seen, she raised her hand in a small wave, a faint smile on her face now. She would friend this human and mutant for the time being. It was a great possibility that they could lead her to a larger number of humans and or mutants.

Nearing the pair, she stopped short of a few feet in front of them, still smiling. "Hello, I'm Callie," she said, "I've been wandering alone for some time now. Where are you two headed?" Her voice was smooth and sweet, to match her features. It was easy to act like a human, she'd been one, once, and no one would ever be the wiser, she pulled it off almost perfectly. One would have had to have been around cyborgs in their lifetime or have studied them to have caught onto her in the least.

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 PM

Angela huddled, shivering in her poor aching wings.
At first she didn't hear what the man had said to her, she was in such a state of shock that at first all she could do was hug herself.
A few tears squeezed past her eyelashes and splashed on her knees.

After a few minutes her shaking and crying slowed and Angela managed to make herself look up at Dei.
He had stopped a reasonable distance away, but had an obvious look of concern on his face.
She was so surprised by it, that for a moment she just stared at him, confused.
Why did he look like that? He..... can't be worried..... about me? Is he?
Angela took a deep shaky breath, wincing as her shoulder muscles and wings protested.
"I-I'm ok, I think" she said nervously. "You- you're not going to...... hurt.... me.... are you?" she whispered this last one, half afraid of the answer, but she was feeling increasingly afraid of being caught on the ground. She didn't think she would be able to fly for a little while yet, which meant running if she had to.

When another human, a girl this time, suddenly appeared and called out to them Angela flinched.
She stared at the second stranger, totally unable to find her voice, before staring mutely at Dei her golden eyes huge and frightened.

Last edited by Squall Ravenhart; 10-11-2011 at 08:55 AM..

April

Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 PM

F.O.U.R. watched in silence from between the old, dry tree trunks as the garnet-haired entity drew her arrow back. It looked to be a female, with obvious robotic enhancements. He had long since detected her arrival, but was unsure whether or not to watch her or be on his way.

He had been wary about humans and other life-forms since that day, but this was his first encounter with a cyborg. In some ways, maybe he had hoped that she could answer his questions about Utopia. Or better yet.. lead him to it.

His heat-sensors told him she was aiming in the right direction as there were animal signatures up ahead. A small 'Danger' symbol flashed in the upper right corner of his vision. The tektite-shaded robot stiffened. Did she know what she was getting herself into?

Because those mutated creatures were the big kind.

[Finally. xD]

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-12-2011, 03:33 AM

Emily held her position as quietly as possible. Within a few seconds, her arrow flew, whispering through the branches and leaves until it hit its target. The creature reared up and charged in the direction the arrow had come from. Emily had seen her father hunt this type of animal before, but that was when she was younger and out of reach of danger. She hadn't known that this beast was so fast and she actually panicked because of it.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 AM

Dei thought that the girl had indeed injured herself badly after she started crying. But when she confirmed she was in fact alright, the one-eyed man breathed a sigh of relief. "Hurt you? I'm pretty sure you've hurt yourself enough.", he retorted, noticing that she still looked like something was causing her pain. Perhaps the waterworks weren't just her overreacting to almost falling to her death. Just as he was about to ask the winged mutant if she could stand, a voice came from behind them. He turned to see who it was, surprised to find another human in such a short amount of time.

The dark haired woman had a smile on her face, her clothes were frayed in some places and splattered with red. Perhaps it was blood, who knows? Either way, it wasn't an uncommon sight and other than having a cheery disposition, Dei found nothing else strange with her. "Well I was on my way to find some place to sleep until I caught this kid here spying on me.", the man replied matter-of-factly as he placed a hand on the young girl's head. The light haired girl had been quiet ever since the newcomer arrived. She was wary of the woman, the look she had given him told him that much. Dei, however, merely held the person with as much suspicion as he had for everyone else nowadays.

"Callie was it?", he continued, "What's it to you?"

Last edited by MintyRey; 10-12-2011 at 05:51 AM..

April

Old 10-12-2011, 06:25 AM

He didn't understand why, but he did it.

F.O.U.R. instinctively fired up his thrusters and grabbed the female cyborg, just moments before the mutant's huge paws slammed down on her. Why she didn't move herself in the first place didn't make sense to him at all. And why he didn't let her get hit was another illogical thing to ponder. All that was really going through his mind was another memory of his Ilandere in a similar predicament, and the drive to save her just kicked in.

Bang!

The sound of ricocheting metal screws brought him out of his reverie. His internal warning systems were going crazy, and F.O.U.R. knew they were dropping in altitude fast. He should have been paying more attention to the situation at hand, for the cat-like monster had pounced at his back, effectively disabling his left-side thruster. The creature was now hanging onto the scrapped metal, which was still attached only by its last titanium bracket, and he was 97% certain the other thruster was about to break down. This would never have happened if Lan was here to maintain him..

A sigh escaped yet again. He had to do something quick or they would both be in trouble.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-12-2011, 06:11 PM

Spying? Was this winged girl a spy? 095-3678 stared blankly at the girl for a moment while she ran a scan of her face. It was a negative match in her spy database. 095-3678's face was expressionless now as she looked to the male and then the winged girl again. Why was she crying? The only times she saw people cry was when she was destroying their homes or killing their friends and family, but none of that was happening yet.

"Yes," she responded to the male, "What is what to me?" The question had confused her, not realizing he had meant the direction they were headed, as it didn't register as a proper question to her. What was the 'it' he was refering to? She looked again to the weeping girl. 095-3678's inner computer was assessing the situation. The girl must be scared of something to be crying. Knowing that trust was key to any relationship 095-3678 walked forward until she was standing in front of the two. She knelt down and put her hand on the girl's shoulder with a sweet and genuine smile, "No one here is going to hurt you, I promise," she said. She also knew that humans hearts believed in promises.

Her line of vision was flashing red. "Exterminate" it flashed, over and over. 095-3678 internally disabled the instruction. She was going to use this couple to lead her in the dierction of a larger group of the living. Still smiling genuinely, she stood and offered her hand to help the girl up. "Let me help you," she said sweetly.

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2011, 09:39 PM

Angela jumped minutely when Dei placed his hand on her head, other than that tiny reaction she didn't move at all.
She figured that she had to trust somebody, at least for now.
She warily watched the new girl from behind lowered lashes, why was everyone being nice to her today? It was completely outside of Angela's experience. Usually people ran away or hurt her.
When Callie placed a hand on Angela's shoulders she flinched automatically, then relaxed slightly at her words. Maybe these people could be trusted?
Staring doubtfully at the offered hand, Angela glanced once more at Dei.
She then shakily placed her much smaller hand in Callie's and pulled herself up, suppressing a tiny groan when her shoulders protested.
"Thank you" she whispered in a tiny voice.
She experimentally flexed her wings wincing as they complained and pain flared through them. She was pretty sure all she had done was pull the muscles. Hopefully anyway.
"I'm sorry" she said quietly "my name is Angela."
A shortlived spark of indignation flared again. "And I wasn't spying" she added.

Last edited by Squall Ravenhart; 10-12-2011 at 09:41 PM..