Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 02:22 AM

I'm craving a fluffy, comedic romance role play. :D

Plot line: Your character is rushing to work after getting off from class at the local university, when he comes across an elderly man being mugged in the park. Being the exemplary young man he is, he fights off the attacker and calls an ambulance.

A month later he receives a call from the same old man he rescued. The man -named Fujita Kurogane- requests tea with you to thank you for your courage.
Following his coordinates you end up at a fancy mansion, where servants take you to the tea room.
It turns out that Fujita is a millionaire, the owner of a diamond and precious gem mining company.

He is impressed by your bravery, and believes that you have the exact personality needed to turn his granddaughter - a nefarious otaku- into a prim and proper lady, by making her heart bloom with the power of true love.

He promises if you can complete this task that he will generously compensate you. Not only will he pay for your college education and settle all your previous debts, but he will make sure you never want for anything else in life.

For a college student working various odd jobs, this is a dream come true. No more cramped dirty apartment, and eating ramen noodles every night. It seems like the Heavens have opened up and starting shining down on you.

That is... Until you meet his grand daughter, Momoko Kurogane.

If you are interested in the RP, PM me your character profile with message titled "Chase the Monkey". Once approved, feel free to post your profile in the thread :D

Character Skeleton:
Username;
Name:
Appearance:
Disposition:
Short bio :

Accepted Characters:
Username: Auspicious Beginnings
Name: Momoko Kurogane
Appearance:
Disposition: An otaku to the very core. She loves anime and anything mecha, and thus is obsessed with Gundams in particular. She does not have any interest in fashion, make up or anything relatively girlish. She has an odd sense of humor, and often says inappropriate things when she gets close to other people. Because of this, she is often thought to be dull, dimwitted and spacey, which is very far from the truth.
Dislikes: Smarmy Casanovas with ulterior motives. Vegetables. Girl stuff.
Short Bio: When she was young both of her parents passed away in a plane accident. She was put into the care of her sole relative, her beloved Grandfather. She has lived a privileged life without a care.
Because of her Grandfathers kind and trusting disposition, she has seen him taken advantage of numerous times, and as such, she has become very protective of him, and aware of people with ulterior and ill intentioned motives.

----------

( Yay! Excited! :D )

Last edited by Auspicious Beginnings; 10-19-2011 at 05:28 AM..

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 05:36 AM

Username; AAVM
Name: Ulric (Will save his last name)
Sexual orientation: Straight/Heterosexual
Appearance: Ulric is an average height man (About 5.9 feet), he has black short hair and blue eyes. (I may draw him later)
Disposition: Ulric is a very hardworking doctor, yet, he needs money to pay his school, and the schoolarship that he has itself isn't enough anymore.
Dislikes: Stupid persons.
Personality: Ulric is really confident and polite, however, he tends to be really shy around girls because of his sister. (Look at his bio). He is mostly happy and positive, but when he gets mad, he doesn't listen to anybody.
Short bio : Ulric was born in a poor family, yet, he got to go to the school, his father, mother and older sister live in another city and he is all alone in the new town/city (we will play), his older sister always pulled off some pranks on him, that made him be shy around women and gave him serious communication problems with females.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 05:54 AM

( Perfect. I'll start with the opening post)

It was just beginning to darken outside, and the park was mostly abandoned. Most people were going home to their families and eating dinner. Settling down for the night.
All things considered, it should have been pretty peaceful. But it wasn't.
"Let go of me you hoodlums!" an old man yelped, as two men in their mid twenties pulled at his hands and pockets.
Common thieves.
He was a thin, brittle looking slip of a man, with a receding hairline, wispy white hair, and skin flecked with age spots. His cane lay on the ground three feet from him, lost in the struggle.
"Give it up Gramps! Nobody can hear you, just hand over your wallet you old badger!" one of the punks guffawed.
"Yeah, hurry up and go to the grave!" the other growled, shoving him.
The old man took a tumble to the ground, groaning in pain as a shock of sensation shot up his leg and to his weathered hips.
Punk number two crowed in laughter as he reached down to wretch the old mans wallet from his frail hands. " About time, stingy old geezer" he muttered.
The second punk stood over the old man with a menacing grin on his face. "So, what should we do Yamato? He'll go to the authorities..." he noted.
"P-Please, just go" the old man pleaded, his aged complexion paling.
"Aww, we cant do that gramps, we've been caught too many times... If you rat us out, we'll be doing big time" the first punk sighed.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 06:05 AM

"Hey! What are you doing?" Suddenly, a black haired man of blue eyes yelled and glared at the three of them. He seemed highly disgusted because of the thieves's actions and he called the police just before he could show himself. The man clenched his fists slightly as he saw what they were actually doing "It wasn't just a man..." He thought and glanced at the injured old man. "So you couldn't steal money from a grown up man, huh? That means that you are probably too weak or just two bunch of idiots" He said in a cold and strict tone of voice as a dark atmosphere could be felt from the black haired male, he was really mad and wasn't intimidated by the two thieves.

(I'm done for today, I guess we can continue tomorrow though, it's just that I'm too tired now, sorry).

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 06:17 AM

( Its fine :D. I'll post one more for tonight and we can pick up again tomorrow)
The thugs snapped their heads in the direction of the 'intruders' voice, and stepped away from the old man and towards the Samaritan.
"Whats it to you?... Fancy getting yourself involved?" the first thug taunted, a confrentational grin on his face.
The second thug laughed, and began to circle the man who had arrived on the scene. "Look at this guy Yamato, he thinks he's some sort of hero... Look, he's wearing a uniform from that med school nearby... You a Doctor, hero?" he asked, with a grin that showed every last one of his teeth.
The thug Yamato flexed his muscels as he stepped closer to Ulric. " A Doctor eh? You think he'll be able to stitch himself back up when we get through with him?" Yamato laughed.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 08:14 PM

An awkward silence surrounded the area, Ulric began to lose his patience, he felt really disgusted, not only because of the guys's actions, but also because they were stupid, one of his dislikes in people "If you say so..." He glared at him with a creepy sight when some sirens were heard from the distance, the police was about to get there.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 08:26 PM

The thugs heard the sirens and looked at each other with panic clearly in their eyes. " You called the cops?!" the thug Yamato demanded, fists clenched.
"Yamato, we have to go! I ain't going back" his accomplice hissed.
Yamato took a few steps towards Ulric again, and glared down at him with a look full of hatred. " I wont forget that face of yours Hero.... You better keep an eye on your back" he noted, before circling Ulric and taking off with his buddy.
Before he left, he spit in Ulrics direction, and then dissapeared into the bushes.

On the ground the old man groaned, clutching at his hip, pale as a sheet.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 08:40 PM

"!! Are you alright, sir?" Ulric ran up to the old man and kneeled to see if he had any injuries, his facial gesture seemed neutral, yet, concerned, as a Doctor, Ulric knew how to help, and the best way to help was without moving the elder until an ambulance got there.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 08:50 PM

Through his pain the old man smiled up at Ulric. "Whipper snappers these days... That was a very kind thing you did young man" he responded. He touched his hip gingerly. " I think its gone out, blasted... I was hoping I could put surgery off for my hip.... Can't help it now" he admitted.
Giving Ulric a thoughtful look he reached up with his free hand and offered it to Ulric to shake. " My name is Fujita Kurogane, what is your name young man?" he asked.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 PM

"Ulric....Ulric Basford" He shook his hand gently. The ambulance and the cops arrived a bit later, they took the old man to the hospital and he followed them nervously, he was the kind of person who always worried about others.

A few minutes later, the young male entered in the room the older man was and smiled slightly at him "Are you feeling better, sir?"

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 09:29 PM

Fujita smiled from the bed, tucked neatly in at the waist and dressed in a hospital gown. "Ah yes, the nurses here are exceptional. Thanks to you they say I should make a fairly quick recovery" he said pleasantly.
He gestured to the seat beside the bed. "Please, have a seat" he said.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 09:44 PM

The man did so and took a deep breath, all he wanted was to know if the man was alright, and if he could do anything else for him. "Yes, sir?" Ulric glanced at him

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 10:44 PM

Noticing Ulrics hesitance he smiled kindly. " I will be dispatched from the hospital in a few days. I was wondering if I could thank you by inviting you for tea" he admitted, looking almost pitiful.
Fujita was a kind, gentle soul of an old man. He minded his own business, he was charitable, and he always did what was best for other people.
Because of his giving nature, he was often the target of ill intent, and had hardly a friend in the world.
Though, why anyone would want to abuse such a kind old man... It was one of the great mysteries of the world.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 11:04 PM

"Of course" He replied politely and smiled widely at him. Ulric began to feel better and better, helping people made him feel really good with himself, that's why he decided to be a doctor.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2011, 01:17 AM

Returning a smile of his own he slid a pad and paper towards Ulrich. " Just write down your phone number and as soon as I'm released we'll have a nice cup of tea together" he said.
He looked at Ulrich for a few seconds and opened his mouth to speak, but a nurse walked in with a tray of food and a small paper cup with pain medication in it.
" I'm sorry, but we're going to have to check his hips one more time... " the nurse apologized. She looked back at Fujita " Also, your granddaughter said she'll be here in half an hour" she said with a smile.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2011, 01:55 AM

"Oh....uhm....alright..." Ulric held the pad and paper and wrote his phone number "Here you go..." He narrowed his blue eyes slightly and handed the old man the pad and paper gently.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2011, 03:20 AM

" Excellent! I look forward to seeing you again" Fujita said, bidding Ulrich farewell. The nurse handed him a clear glass cup of water to wash his medication down, and he relaxed against the pillows.
(Sorry, my posts will be a little short until I can introduce Momoko)

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2011, 03:30 AM

"Mhm" The man nodded once and headed outside, he was going to be really busy the next days as well, especially because he had to continue studying. Ulric said goodbye to Mr. Fujita and exited the room, he drove home and fell asleep a while later, it was time for him to get some rest, since another big day was waiting for him and maybe, just maybe, a bigger future in a few days...
(It's ok)

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2011, 11:05 PM

~~~ Time skip, one week later~~~
It is early in the afternoon when your phone begins to ring, the number is not one that you recognize.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2011, 11:24 PM

Ulric was doing nothing but stare blankly at the ceiling, he then heard that his phone rang. "Oh, uhm..." Ulric picked up his phone "Yes...?" He said politely.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2011, 01:56 AM

"Mr Ulrich Basford?" came a female voice on the other side of the phone. "This is a call regarding Mr. Fujita Kurogane, he's asked that I call you, and ask if you'd like to meet him for tea today" she continued politely.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2011, 02:01 AM

"Ah....I see...well, I guess I can go now" Ulric replied politely, yet, he was calm just because the female wasn't there, otherwise he would have been talking foolishly. "Where should I go...?" Ulric asked in a warm tone of voice as he stretched his hand to get his wallet and keys

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2011, 02:09 AM

The woman on the other line politely gave him the directions to the location in which Mr. Fujita would meet him. She also let him know that a cab would be by to pick him up within an hour.

AAVM
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2011, 04:05 AM

"Ah....thank you very much..." He took his wallet only, gave the female his address as well and hung up his phone. Ulric took a look at his closet and wondered what he could wear, in no time, he got dressed up and waited for the cap to get to his house.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2011, 04:21 AM

The cab came and picked Ulrich up, the ride to the location was somewhat long, and brought Ulrich out of the city and into a green and rural area.
About half an hour later the cab pulled into a long, elegant driveway. It drove up to a large white mansion, surrounded by shady oaks and rose bushes. There was a large courtyard with stone benches and a few water fountains.
"Here we are, Kurogane estates" the cab driver announced.
He got out of the car and opened Ulrich's door for him.