midgetGoddess
Wandering Wrackspurt

Old 12-30-2022, 04:48 PM

I'm here!

While half distracted playing Bayonetta 3.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT GAME

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-01-2023, 04:58 PM

I never did play the Bayonetta games but the character design is really cool.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-01-2023, 10:29 PM

I’ve never played the bayonetta games either but the prequel looks so cute! Looks like my kind of game..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-01-2023, 10:59 PM

I was hoping to start the new pokemon game while I was traveling but that didn't happen. Oops!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-01-2023, 11:10 PM

I was hoping to too but instead I played Pokemon Shield a little. XD I’ve basically started my journey on the isle of Armor—the first dlc.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-01-2023, 11:54 PM

I never got past the second town in that game. It just didn't have the same feel for me. I need to go back and try again at some point...

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-02-2023, 12:24 AM

Aww, I really love all the new characters (even if some are just plain silly) and some of the new pokemon. Gigantamax forms can be so pretty/cool too! Oh! The historical landmark aspects were pretty cool too!

Last edited by Kent; 01-02-2023 at 01:11 AM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-02-2023, 12:45 AM

I dunno it just felt different for me. I couldn't get into it. Maybe if I tried again (it has been a while) I might fare better with it.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 01-03-2023, 08:19 PM

oh, I love my Nintendo Switch! It's the only current-gen home console that I own; I mostly do my gaming on it and on PC.

I thought Pokemon Sword/Shield was just...okay. It really showed that the series had become super stagnant regarding gameplay and it was just a slog to get through. I enjoyed the Wild Area and the DLCs, though! Pokemon Legends Arceus was leaps and bounds better than Sw/Sh; I put 268 hours into the game in 2022.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-03-2023, 08:45 PM

I also really liked Arceus! I still haven't finished it but I loved just roaming around and discovering new places and doing the little missions to complete pokedex entries.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 01-05-2023, 06:46 PM

yes!!! I know some people complain about the "dead world" but I like it all the same. There aren't as many pokemon roaming around as you'll see in Scarlet and Violet, but they still do wander about and sleep and do other things!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-05-2023, 11:16 PM

What's your favorite pokemon from the new batch Elirona?

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 01-06-2023, 01:15 AM

If we're talking Legends Arceus, my favorite is a tie between Hisuian Voltorb/Electrode and Hisuian Typhlosion. If we're talking Scarlet/Violet, then it's Fidough/Dachsbun, with Annihilape a close second.

What about yours, Zig? :O

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-06-2023, 02:45 PM

Sorry I wasn't specific, I was thinking of Scarlet/Violet. Fidough is pretty cute, haha! I actually hadn't seen Annihilape. It's a second evolution for mankey? What type is it?

I still haven't started the game and haven't looked at all the new pokemon. I do like the grass cat but I'm sad about the evolutions.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 01-06-2023, 10:46 PM

Annihilape is the new 3rd form of Mankey! It's one of those pokemon that has a weird evolution method, though not as strange as some of the ones in Sword and Shield. @_@ It's a Fighting/Ghost type, which is a sick typing. :D

I ended up picking Fuecoco, and I thought that its final evolution was a cool guy. I usually go grass starters, but the little red pepper croc really sucked me in this time, enough to make me defect from grass. :P I don't mind Sprigatito's final evo, I thought the theme was cool. Just sad that they didn't try and make it quadrupedal. :(

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-07-2023, 01:03 AM

I've been eyeing the Switch for a good while now. I think I'm weeks away from getting one. There's many games in here I recognize already. My family all has Switches. My best friend was obsessed with Bayonetta, and now I've completely lost her to Animal Crossing hahaha.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 01-07-2023, 02:28 AM

Oh, you gotta get one, Cora! It's where a lot of my gaming time outside of MMOs goes these days. I've put ~400 hours in to Animal Crossing New Horizons, but don't mention my name to my villagers because I haven't been around in 6 months.

SilverKnightHawk
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2023, 03:02 AM

I got a switch for one reason and one reason alone. My favorite farming game had it's first game in twelve years release on the switch so I HAD to get it, I just didn't have a choice! Rune Factory 5 has been so much fun and it was well worth the price I paid I think I've played every single game in that series, never 100% completed them, but I don't think I have less than 100 hours in any of the titles, except for the one that came out for the wii.

I've been planning on picking up Ring Fit but it's been pretty low on the priority list, but maybe when I get paid next I could snag it...I accidentally brought my switch with me with zero games and I won't be home until the end of this month so it might be nice to get to play and get some exercise in...Oh! And whenever the next Pikmin game comes out, or if they do another FF: Crystal Chronicles game, I'll pick those up.

I borrowed Breath of the Wild but I got a pretty brutal bug at the start (couldn't climb the building to get the glider) and the friend I asked for help was super unpleasant, so I didn't feel the need to buy it, especially with the decay system on the weapons being like that. I know they want folks to try new weapons and all that, but I like finding the thing I enjoy the most and sticking with it

As far Pokemon, never actually had much interest! I enjoy watching other folks talk about them, and I like pokemon designs, but the games themselves have never held my attention long enough for me to get through them.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-07-2023, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
Oh, you gotta get one, Cora! It's where a lot of my gaming time outside of MMOs goes these days. I've put ~400 hours in to Animal Crossing New Horizons, but don't mention my name to my villagers because I haven't been around in 6 months.
Yeah, I think its pretty much not an if but a when at this point. Probably when I get my taxes back this year. I'm terrified to start Animal Crossing cause its been known to eat people for months on end

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKnightHawk View Post
I got a switch for one reason and one reason alone. My favorite farming game had it's first game in twelve years release on the switch so I HAD to get it, I just didn't have a choice! Rune Factory 5 has been so much fun and it was well worth the price I paid I think I've played every single game in that series, never 100% completed them, but I don't think I have less than 100 hours in any of the titles, except for the one that came out for the wii.

I've been planning on picking up Ring Fit but it's been pretty low on the priority list, but maybe when I get paid next I could snag it...I accidentally brought my switch with me with zero games and I won't be home until the end of this month so it might be nice to get to play and get some exercise in...Oh! And whenever the next Pikmin game comes out, or if they do another FF: Crystal Chronicles game, I'll pick those up.

I borrowed Breath of the Wild but I got a pretty brutal bug at the start (couldn't climb the building to get the glider) and the friend I asked for help was super unpleasant, so I didn't feel the need to buy it, especially with the decay system on the weapons being like that. I know they want folks to try new weapons and all that, but I like finding the thing I enjoy the most and sticking with it

As far Pokemon, never actually had much interest! I enjoy watching other folks talk about them, and I like pokemon designs, but the games themselves have never held my attention long enough for me to get through them.

I've actually played a little Breath of the Wild on my sisters switch. That was one of the selling points for me. Also Rune Factory sounds really familiar to me. Was there a DS version of that? I think I might have the DS version.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-07-2023, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
Annihilape is the new 3rd form of Mankey! It's one of those pokemon that has a weird evolution method, though not as strange as some of the ones in Sword and Shield. @_@ It's a Fighting/Ghost type, which is a sick typing. :D

I ended up picking Fuecoco, and I thought that its final evolution was a cool guy. I usually go grass starters, but the little red pepper croc really sucked me in this time, enough to make me defect from grass. :P I don't mind Sprigatito's final evo, I thought the theme was cool. Just sad that they didn't try and make it quadrupedal. :(
I do like the fighting/ghost combo, that sounds really cool! I saw this one meme about who be slapping craft singles on all the pokemon and now I can't unsee it on that little croc, ahaha! But yeah, the whole bipedal thing lost me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
I've been eyeing the Switch for a good while now. I think I'm weeks away from getting one. There's many games in here I recognize already. My family all has Switches. My best friend was obsessed with Bayonetta, and now I've completely lost her to Animal Crossing hahaha.
Ahhh I love my switch! If you end up getting one you should totally friend me!

Quote:
I was also pretty disappointed about the weapon breaking thing at first too because I'd rather collect them but I got over and and really love the game. It's definitely one of my favorites and I have a massive play time on that just from running around and exploring the world.

Quote:
Yeah, I think its pretty much not an if but a when at this point. Probably when I get my taxes back this year. I'm terrified to start Animal Crossing cause its been known to eat people for months on end

I've actually played a little Breath of the Wild on my sisters switch. That was one of the selling points for me. Also Rune Factory sounds really familiar to me. Was there a DS version of that? I think I might have the DS version.
Animal Crossing was my life during the pandemic. I think I'm over 400 hours at this point.

I have the DS version of Rune Factory 2 I think? I never did play it though. It's on my to do list to get to someday.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-08-2023, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post

Ahhh I love my switch! If you end up getting one you should totally friend me!
Of Course

Quote:
Animal Crossing was my life during the pandemic. I think I'm over 400 hours at this point.
This is why I am afraid to start

Quote:
I have the DS version of Rune Factory 2 I think? I never did play it though. It's on my to do list to get to someday.
Cora isn't crazy! Woo woo!

SilverKnightHawk
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2023, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Yes! There was the first for the DS called Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon, and Rune Factory 2, 3, and 4 were all for the DS or 3DS. 4 got a remaster for the computer and you can find it on steam, but I don't really recommend it, I've heard there's been a lot of problems with it.

Rune Factory: Frontier was the one for the Wii, and Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny was their foray into a full console! It was for the PS3, and it's a really fun ride. I think they made the transition from DS to console really well, and it was definitely one of my favs. That was the last for a while because the company who made it went out of business and the rights got passed to someone else who just sat on it for quite a long time.

If you do try it for the switch, I'll admit it is a lot nicer in the handheld mode. Something about the way it expands the camera for the tv mode makes the world feel much emptier

...>___> I maybe really really like this series <___<

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-08-2023, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Yes! There was the first for the DS called Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon, and Rune Factory 2, 3, and 4 were all for the DS or 3DS. 4 got a remaster for the computer and you can find it on steam, but I don't really recommend it, I've heard there's been a lot of problems with it.

Rune Factory: Frontier was the one for the Wii, and Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny was their foray into a full console! It was for the PS3, and it's a really fun ride. I think they made the transition from DS to console really well, and it was definitely one of my favs. That was the last for a while because the company who made it went out of business and the rights got passed to someone else who just sat on it for quite a long time.

If you do try it for the switch, I'll admit it is a lot nicer in the handheld mode. Something about the way it expands the camera for the tv mode makes the world feel much emptier

...>___> I maybe really really like this series <___<
I think Harvest Moon was the one I had, maybe. I just looked through my games and I can't find it but my sister has some of my games and there is some in storage as well. So I'd have to check at a later date

Also I don't think I could ever tell that you liked this series hahahaha. But every gamer has a series like that I think. At least 1 or 2. I have several series I'm totally invested in but none for the switch.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-08-2023, 11:51 PM

I did try Tides of Destiny and it seemed like fun but I just didn't really have the time to play it. Another one of my maybe someday kind of games... I did really enjoy some of the Harvest Moon games. My first was Animal Parade and my second was Tale of Two Towns. After that I didn't really enjoy the others as much.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-09-2023, 01:22 AM

*Hands up*
Obsessed with ACNH lol.
Also playing Pokemon Violet & Nickelodeon kart racers with my son lol.

Last edited by Roachi; 01-10-2023 at 10:34 PM..