Winter Lodge

Old 12-15-2022, 09:23 PM

Welcome to the Winter Lodge

In the center of town, a temporary structure has been erected. The Winter Lodge boasts a warm and cozy atmosphere to reconnect with friends old and new. Grab a cup of cocoa and some cookies and find a spot to make yourself comfortable! A plethora of squishy arm chairs and fluffy pillows abound for your seating pleasure.

Come hang out with us in the Winter Lodge to celebrate the holidays and year end relaxing together. Once the event is over, the gold that the Winter Lodge has earned will be awarded to the top poster in the hangout!

Happy posting!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-15-2022 at 10:16 PM..

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-23-2022, 07:01 PM

Are we officially open now? This is great! Welcome back everyone! Cheers to the renewal of Menewsha, and it's great to see all the familiar faces hanging out once again! Happy Holidays to all (:

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-23-2022, 07:20 PM

Yay! Hi and happy holidays!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-23-2022, 08:37 PM

Really excited for this event! Tbh, if I'd been less busy, I might have tried to come up with a game for it, but the holidays are probably my most stressful time of year.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-23-2022, 09:02 PM

Hiya, Velvet! Loving your avatar :D

And I agree, Kaderin. I have to work all week and this weekend I have lots of traveling to do. I'm just happy to be able to participate in some fun games :)

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-23-2022, 09:25 PM

yay it started!!! i am so excited!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-23-2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post

And I agree, Kaderin. I have to work all week and this weekend I have lots of traveling to do. I'm just happy to be able to participate in some fun games :)
Hope the traveling isn't too bad for you!

I have work tomorrow still, then have to leave my place for approximately 24 hours to spend time with family against my will. (Yay being guilted into visiting people who couldn't care less about the rest of the year!) I will be bringing crafts to work on in the hopes that it can get me out of tedious board and card games.
But at least I can escape on Mene too now!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-23-2022, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
yay it started!!! i am so excited!
BSW! How did you make your avatar disappear, literally? That's so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Hope the traveling isn't too bad for you!

I have work tomorrow still, then have to leave my place for approximately 24 hours to spend time with family against my will. (Yay being guilted into visiting people who couldn't care less about the rest of the year!) I will be bringing crafts to work on in the hopes that it can get me out of tedious board and card games.
But at least I can escape on Mene too now!
It shouldn't be a bad trip! I have a blended family, but we all live fairly close. Mom/Stepdad live about 20 minutes away, and Dad/Stepmom are 20 minutes from their place. It's just a big circle I drive, more or less. I'm sorry that you're forced into a situation you don't want to be in though :(

I get the thing with games, though. I'm more willing to play games with my younger family, but the adult ones like to play card games and get drunk - I'm not into that, personally. I like to have a drink, but knowing I have to drive home I am not willing to be destructive and risk my life/other lives being stupid.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-23-2022, 10:34 PM

Ah, that's not too bad for travel!

Yeah...I'll survive. It's just one day of the year. That I'd rather spend at home with my cats because they may be manipulative but at least they're not emotionally abusive.
And yeah, my family just gets way too competitive over games. Which is really annoying. The go-to games are usually pinochle (which because I was forced to play it growing up, I absolutely hate) and trivial pursuit, which is fun with friends, but the absolute worst with family that make you feel like an idiot if you don't know an answer. But enough about my pity party.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-23-2022, 10:43 PM

Cats? Did you say ... cats?! Kitties?! Hello, babies! I love cats! Although I don't have any ... right now, that is.

I get what you mean, though. My stepmom/stepbrothers live for Phase 10, which I refuse to learn how to play. They've got notebooks of scores decades old. Good for them to recall all that, but it just seems like it's a go-to "you beat me today, but remember in 2001 when I kicked your ass three times in a row?!"

What kind of games do you LIKE to play? Board, video, or otherwise? :)

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-23-2022, 10:56 PM

Heck yeah, cats! I have a handsome grey and cream tabby and a screamy Halloween void.

Ah, phase 10 is really fun if you play with the right people! I don't really play games that often anymore tbh just because I really only have 1 friend I hang out with. But I do like board games like checkers or monopoly. And I like some video games, though I tend to lose interest in most, long term. Due mostly to lack of internet other than my phone and friends to play with.
And I want to get into d&d because it seems fun and I have a few interesting character ideas...but again...only 1 local friend and my social anxiety doesn't let me join a group of strangers. I tried.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 12-24-2022, 12:03 AM

Greetings, everyone.

The holiday season brings up a number of complex emotions for me. I still try to do my best to at least not rain on anyone else's parade. I suppose I'm continuing the trend with hosting the giveaway for everyone.

My own feline's "gotcha day" is the day after Christmas, 2013. She helps get me through the difficult times with unrequited warmth and purrs.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-24-2022, 12:14 AM

i'm so glad you have your furry friend to help. my scrumpy bumpus is really comforting to me too, i feel so chosen when she walks up and sits on my lap, and she always looks so concerned when i cry.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 12-24-2022, 12:58 AM

Ohhhh I didn't even realized the event started, my fault for just looking at my subscribed threads haha!

Hi friends ! Many names I don't recognize, my fault for disappearing in 2015 haha. To old friends I've missed our chats, and to new hello!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-24-2022, 02:05 AM

Hi everyone! It feels so awesome to have an event going on after so long!

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 12-24-2022, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post

i'm so glad you have your furry friend to help. my scrumpy bumpus is really comforting to me too, i feel so chosen when she walks up and sits on my lap, and she always looks so concerned when i cry.
A cat's love is an amazing thing, is it not? We all know how cats who do NOT want to be touched are like. They are, without a doubt, furry little ninjas. Who can go up to 30mph.

But to be CHOSEN by a cat, and they do all the "I love you in the language of cats" signs from nuzzling next to you, climbing on you, rubbing their cheeks on you to make sure you 'smell like them', even showing their butt in your face (a sign of trust) or exposing their belly... and the kneading/making biscuits so they feel like a kitten again... it's just the most pure thing ever to have a relationship like that when you can't even speak the same language. Oh, and slow blinks. ALL the slow blinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo View Post
Hi everyone! It feels so awesome to have an event going on after so long!
Hey! It's great to see you, too. Don't forget to stop by my thread to hang up your stocking!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-24-2022, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post
A cat's love is an amazing thing, is it not? We all know how cats who do NOT want to be touched are like. They are, without a doubt, furry little ninjas. Who can go up to 30mph.

But to be CHOSEN by a cat, and they do all the "I love you in the language of cats" signs from nuzzling next to you, climbing on you, rubbing their cheeks on you to make sure you 'smell like them', even showing their butt in your face (a sign of trust) or exposing their belly... and the kneading/making biscuits so they feel like a kitten again... it's just the most pure thing ever to have a relationship like that when you can't even speak the same language. Oh, and slow blinks. ALL the slow blinks.

Hey! It's great to see you, too. Don't forget to stop by my thread to hang up your stocking!
My cat is currently curled up against me cleaning herself. And they really do pick you!

Also, I just topped by, thank you!

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 12-24-2022, 04:10 AM

Yaayyyyyyy!! I'm so happy and excited for this event!!!!

The_Crow: Hey if you ever wanna talk, I'm almost always around, especially on discord. Sometimes it's good to just talk about things It's great that you have the love of your kitty. My husband doesn't like cats and i think that's because he's never been loved by one. A cat's love is the. best. ever.

One day i will have two kitties. and my husband already agreed and isn't allowed to take it back.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-24-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post

my cat and i blink at each other so much, i think i blink at her more than she blinks at me i also get her to blink by saying "i love you" in a certain tone of voice, and when i say "get comfyyyy" she usually lays her little head down and makes a contented sigh. she makes biscuits all the tiiiime!! she always comes up like she wants to do it on me, but my stomach just isn't the right consistency for her, so eventually she always moves on to my stuffed elephant or my blanket she has the loudest purr too! it was just as loud when she was a tiny kitten, you wouldn't believe such a loud noise could come from such a tiny thing.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-24-2022, 03:47 PM

I miss having kitties T_T I had two, years ago. When I lived at home, there was a stray calico that wandered around our house. She wasn't feral; we just had no idea where she came from. Eventually we started letting her inside, and she was so happy! A few months after that I moved into my first apartment, and took her with me. She became an indoor only cat; she was fine with it and never pawed at the door to be let out or ever tried sneaking by my legs when I left. Then another cat started showing up at my parents' house xD She was pregnant, and I took one of the kittens home to be friends with my calico. They got along just fine! They didn't necessarily love each other; they would only cuddle together with me but never by themselves. They didn't fight or anything; I think it helped that the calico was an adult female and the kitten wasn't threatening to her at all.

Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away so I moved in with my grandma to help her. She started letting my cats outside (against my wishes...) and after a few years I lost them both :( About a month apart, they got out and just never came back home. I never chipped them, so I haven't a clue what happened. If I ever get a cat again, I'm definitely chipping them.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-24-2022, 03:55 PM

oh my goodness thats so sad <3 i love my cat, he is my child. and i just.... im sorry for your loss. thats too hard to deal with IMO. 9 lives which are all too short.

also, the disappearing is the removal of the skin and all items. and then you put on the no panties and no bra.
PWEEP: its ont he first page of lingerie land for 1 gold each.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-24-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
I miss having kitties T_T I had two, years ago. When I lived at home, there was a stray calico that wandered around our house. She wasn't feral; we just had no idea where she came from. Eventually we started letting her inside, and she was so happy! A few months after that I moved into my first apartment, and took her with me. She became an indoor only cat; she was fine with it and never pawed at the door to be let out or ever tried sneaking by my legs when I left. Then another cat started showing up at my parents' house xD She was pregnant, and I took one of the kittens home to be friends with my calico. They got along just fine! They didn't necessarily love each other; they would only cuddle together with me but never by themselves. They didn't fight or anything; I think it helped that the calico was an adult female and the kitten wasn't threatening to her at all.

Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away so I moved in with my grandma to help her. She started letting my cats outside (against my wishes...) and after a few years I lost them both :( About a month apart, they got out and just never came back home. I never chipped them, so I haven't a clue what happened. If I ever get a cat again, I'm definitely chipping them.
that's so sad :( i could never have an outdoor cat, i'm too nervous of a catdad. my cat used to be such a doordasher, she used to always try to dart out. luckily she'd only ever run around the base of the house trying to hide in the shrubs and never really got far, but she's fast. she wore a collar for a long time, but we just took it off of her because she's been having shoulder issues and we thought it might be nice to have less weight on. but as she's gotten older she's mellowed out a little, and honestly there's nowhere she could really even get to from any of our doors since we're in an apartment, so it's kind of a moot worry, but i just don't know if she's chipped since we're not her original owners, so it's best to be cautious.

i reallllllyyyy want a second cat too, it would be so nice for her to have some company. i mean, we're home all the time so she's not lonely, but she's so playful she really needs someone her own size to pick on. my partner has already decided we'd name the new cat Lego, so it won't be long now till he gives in...

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-24-2022, 10:46 PM

Aww, so much kitty talk. ;; w;; I miss my kitty I left at my apartment cuz my brother wouldn't let me bring him on the car trip. ; o; It’s a long ass car trip though… He’s like the most restless kitty and was originally a stray I let into my workplace which is a library. XD My boss took him home first but he didn't get along with his other cats probably cuz he wasn't neutered yet, so I offered to take him in~ He’s so adorable and playful and is quite cuddly in the morning. He’s always wanting to be outdoors but he lets me bring him inside so he’s pretty good~
Here’s an album of random pics and videos of him. > w>

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-24-2022, 10:57 PM

I am so stressed out. My sib, who will be picking me up (and is still over 3 hours away), messaged me to determine what to set their GPS to, but I'm so used to my dad who just texts when he's here (never that he's on his way...just that he's here and expects me to drop everything and be ready in an instant) that I immediately panicked because I had just started a load of laundry and I thought they were already here. I was so shaken that I started to turn the doorknob of the neighbor who lives below me before I realized I was on the wrong floor.
Can Christmas be over now?

Plus side, I have more time than I anticipated to get kitty snuggles before I have to leave them for the next approx 24 hours.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2022, 10:59 PM

I miss my barn kitty. Barn yes but she had a luxury appartment with a heated bed, filtered water and a huge cat tree. I had her for 12 years after adopting her from under my sisters's deck XD. I called her Hetty (short for Henrietta :P). She was super cuddly and would drool all over you lolol XD

Kent - What an adorbs little kitty Kent! He looks so chill in those pics but I wonder if that is not always the case XD lolol Does he like cuddles or is more of a "Pet me nao!! ... Ok I'm done get away *swipe*" ? Also what's kitties name?

Ghosty - I enjoy the more laid back kitties the best. Also I too am a worrier when it comes to animals. In Hettys' case she was amazing at survival. She would go into the barn or stay by the house when I would let her out. Owls out? Coyotes? I'd lock her up in the barn so fast haha XD

---------- Post added 12-24-2022 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I am so stressed out. My sib, who will be picking me up (and is still over 3 hours away), messaged me to determine what to set their GPS to, but I'm so used to my dad who just texts when he's here (never that he's on his way...just that he's here and expects me to drop everything and be ready in an instant) that I immediately panicked because I had just started a load of laundry and I thought they were already here. I was so shaken that I started to turn the doorknob of the neighbor who lives below me before I realized I was on the wrong floor.
Can Christmas be over now?

Plus side, I have more time than I anticipated to get kitty snuggles before I have to leave them for the next approx 24 hours.
Aww that sucks :/ At least you got some extra time now! Hang in there! Just one more day and it'll be over! 3 hours is a long trip though. That's like me heading to my sister's place from here :O