Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-15-2022, 10:49 PM

Hello! Making a thread here to see if we can organize something! I've also been in contact with zigbigadorlube:

The_Crow: bloodstainedwings: Alorrena: Antagonist: R u b y: Ava The Vampire:
You all showed some interest in making a thread, contest, or game. Let's maybe hash it all out here? X3

I wanted to make a poll for the name of our event but I'm not sure it's possible.
Here were the names suggested:
1. FOWN Mene Reunion
2. Mene-palooza
3. Mene Days of Winter
4. From FUBAR to FOWN

Please vote and/or suggest others if you'd like. X3

Here are some banners to help promote the event!! These were made by ghostPastry. <3

Last edited by Kent; 12-22-2022 at 05:29 PM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 12-15-2022, 10:54 PM

I'd say option 1 hits the nail on the head pretty well.

I'd still like to do a charity sponsored "stocking stuffer", if someone could design a stocking image (I imagine the classic red stocking but with Yumeh's face or something on it), and everyone who "hangs the stocking" (posts the image) in the event thread will receive a randomized gift from the charity's pile, since it's literally impossible for new users to join at the moment from what I understand, might as well share with the folks who are here.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2022, 11:17 PM

I've already created the forum so the name is actually set but it's pretty similar to that first option so hopefully it will appeal to all.

I need to do some more prep on my end (I forgot how intensive these things can be) but then I will open and put one of those yellow sticky notices up.

It's also worth noting for the future that this is not typically how we organize user-run events. Usually there's a process we go through to prepare everything and a fee to host but given the short amount of time before the holidays and the fact that people are coming back now in response to Inso's message, I'm doing my best to get this slapped together on my end for those returning.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-15-2022 at 11:19 PM..

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-15-2022, 11:19 PM

Thank you for doing what you can, Zig, but don't be pressured! Just 'cause some of us have returned doesn't mean you need to break your back just to service us, IMO. I appreciate what you're doing, though. Thank you. :D <3

Edit; what kind of fine? I likely can't participate much but I'm sure I can add to the taxation so the actual hosts have one less thing to worry about.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-15-2022, 11:46 PM

I agree with PWEEP.
I have way more gold than I know what to do with, so if there's a fee, I'd gladly help out to whoever is hosting!
I have finals coming up for college, so I'm not sure how active I can be, but after finals (December 18th) I should have more free time to be acting.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2022, 11:49 PM

Aw, thanks y'all, that's really sweet!

The user-run event fee is mostly so users take the event planning seriously and do their due diligence in preparing. Creating forums and shifting things around on the back end is time consuming so we don't want people requesting new forums willy-nilly with little thought or preparation. This is a special occasion though so I hope we can make something fun!

---------- Post added 12-15-2022 at 06:53 PM ----------

Alright, I think everything is ready on my end, just need to open the forum and turn the double gold on. When should we aim to start?

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-15-2022, 11:54 PM

I love option number one. The holidays brings people together and a lot of the time, a family reunion for some families. The timing of Inso's resurrection has totally done that. So FOWN Mene Reunion is perfect :)

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-16-2022, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Aw, thanks y'all, that's really sweet!

The user-run event fee is mostly so users take the event planning seriously and do their due diligence in preparing. Creating forums and shifting things around on the back end is time consuming so we don't want people requesting new forums willy-nilly with little thought or preparation. This is a special occasion though so I hope we can make something fun!

---------- Post added 12-15-2022 at 06:53 PM ----------

Alright, I think everything is ready on my end, just need to open the forum and turn the double gold on. When should we aim to start?
Do it, push the button!!!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-16-2022, 01:31 AM

i vote for the first one. it does feel like a reunion

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post
Do it, push the button!!!
Haha, I want to give y'all a bit of time to plan if you need it.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-16-2022, 01:47 AM

i super dont have an avatar contest ready yet... is there already a place to build a thread for it?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-16-2022, 01:58 AM

Thank you for the hard work Zig

I probably won't be able to host an activity, I'll be pretty busy the next couple of weeks with work. But I will do my best to be active and help where I can!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 02:08 AM

bloodstainedwings: I moved the thread into the event archives (shhhh!): https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=380

Let me know if you're able to add threads there to start setting up. Please don't start posting there other than setting up your threads!

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 12-16-2022, 04:41 AM

Kent: YESSS! I'd like to host a sort of like maybe a christmas/winter holiday scavenger hunt game with IRL stuff. I don't have the full details down yet in my mind, but i'm tossing around the idea of giving clues to what i'm looking for, or just making a list (which is a less time consuming option, but a little less fun lol). And of course, username would need to be included in the picture. I'm thinking of like a list of like... 15-20 things, and the answers would need to be posted as links to like imgur or something so it would be easy enough to keep track of things.

The_Crow: I'm not the best artist, but i could probably whip something up for you that's both a stocking for Yumeh and Afro Donkey. Maybe even Yanyan. or one for all 3? IDK we can brainstorm more if you want, but I'm up for drawing you something for the event. Christmas stockings should be easy enough to draw, anyways.

---------- Post added 12-15-2022 at 09:44 PM ----------

Also, i work thursday friday saturday and sundays, and the 19th i picked up a few extra hours, but i'm off monday to wednesdays, and the 24th and 25th. And i get on every night after work, even when i shouldn't (like thursday nights cause i work early on fridays), So i'm sure i'll have plenty of time to help out and stuff. And when work is slow i can hop on my laptop and be available too.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 12-16-2022, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorrena View Post
The_Crow: I'm not the best artist, but i could probably whip something up for you that's both a stocking for Yumeh and Afro Donkey. Maybe even Yanyan. or one for all 3? IDK we can brainstorm more if you want, but I'm up for drawing you something for the event. Christmas stockings should be easy enough to draw, anyways.
First of all, THANK YOU for your consideration and offer to help!

I was thinking of keeping it kind of easy/simple, a traditional red stocking with white floof/top part, and Yumeh's face could be either centered on the red or the white. I found a royalty free simple stocking png here:

https://www.nicepng.com/maxp/u2q8w7r5o0e6y3i1/

And for Yumeh the closest I could get was cropping his face from the main logo, but I don't have the graphics programs or skill to get rid of the remaining background.

Maybe Yumeh could be the main template and could offer the others as an alternate?

Still need to find somewhere to host the finished product, too. I forget whether imageshack went down or if I just lost access to it, and photobucket puts sad watermarks on everything it hosts. I'm open to ideas from anyone about where to host an image.

Quote:
bloodstainedwings: I moved the thread into the event archives (shhhh!): https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=380

Let me know if you're able to add threads there to start setting up. Please don't start posting there other than setting up your threads!
Hello! I clicked "new thread" to try to begin setting up my charity's giveaway, but I received the "you do not have permission" error.

===
P. S. Sorry for the double posting! I would delete this and edit my above post but I can't seem to figure out how to delete this post, if I even can. Bad me, it's been a while and I got carried away just hitting the "Quote" button without paying attention to whether or not I had the last post.
Attached Images
File Type: png menewsha.png (5.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-16-2022 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Merging double post

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 12-16-2022, 08:13 AM

Oh wow I missed a lot today lol this is exciting!!

bloodstainedwings: would you be upset if I also ran a special version of my avi contest? We could do different themes and such <3 then we could also enter the other contest :3

I’m still planning on my scratch cards too for anyone reading this lol the prizes will probably be gold or commons tho but still fun yeah?

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-16-2022, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Oh wow I missed a lot today lol this is exciting!!

bloodstainedwings: would you be upset if I also ran a special version of my avi contest? We could do different themes and such <3 then we could also enter the other contest :3

I’m still planning on my scratch cards too for anyone reading this lol the prizes will probably be gold or commons tho but still fun yeah?
please feel free to! this way i can participate in yours!

---------- Post added 12-16-2022 at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote:

thank you, i got a thread set up now. much appreciated

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post
Hello! I clicked "new thread" to try to begin setting up my charity's giveaway, but I received the "you do not have permission" error.

===
P. S. Sorry for the double posting! I would delete this and edit my above post but I can't seem to figure out how to delete this post, if I even can. Bad me, it's been a while and I got carried away just hitting the "Quote" button without paying attention to whether or not I had the last post.
Ahhh, I was afraid that might happen, it must be the location, I'll move it over here to the Meneverse.

Also no worries, I merged your posts.

R u b y

Old 12-16-2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
please feel free to! this way i can participate in yours!

---------- Post added 12-16-2022 at 08:01 AM ----------

thank you, i got a thread set up now. much appreciated
Awesome! I can’t wait to enter yours as well :3 I’ll check out your theme so we don’t have 2 of the same <3

EDIT: lol whoops no theme yet xD

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-16-2022, 05:25 PM

lol ya no theme. maybe ill focus on more winter themed?

---------- Post added 12-16-2022 at 12:30 PM ----------

p.s anyone know the name of the ei set that had all the menewsha items in it? i have an extra set that i thought would make a great prize for second place

https://imgur.com/hFSQKfT

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 12-16-2022 at 05:35 PM..

R u b y

Old 12-16-2022, 06:17 PM

Which menewsha items do you mean?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 06:19 PM

It's from FOWN 2017:

https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219992

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-16-2022, 06:21 PM

oh my god thank you! i forgot that this was a thing!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 06:23 PM

Me too until you asked.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-16-2022, 06:24 PM

lol well im glad that i at least picked a FOWN event item set. so thats good. 2017 seems so long ago...