Old 12-20-2022, 08:16 AM

ok cool! i better get started then >:3

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 12-20-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Aww I'm sorry you won't be able to see your family yet ;3; How far away if your birthday?

Ooh ornaments are fun! Are you making fabric shapes? I love making stuff like that xD
I'm planning on making scandinavian christmas ornaments. They're basically no sew. I might also make a layered christmas tree ornament, since i need to make 2 ornaments. We're doing an ornament exchange in addition to gifts, and since it's me and Tyi, and tyi doesn't buy things or make things often, i'll probably just make them since i'm saving for disney in february

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 12-20-2022, 09:13 PM

Those are both super cute!! Thanks for the videos too! If you take any pics when you’re done can I see? :3

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-20-2022, 09:49 PM

ghostPastry: OMG If it's not too much to ask, could you make banners for the other threads that need them?! I-if the other ppl are okay with that. I just really like what you did! XD I can pay for it too!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-20-2022, 09:54 PM

I don’t have much to add but just wanted to say this is very exciting

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-20-2022, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
ghostPastry: OMG If it's not too much to ask, could you make banners for the other threads that need them?! I-if the other ppl are okay with that. I just really like what you did! XD I can pay for it too!
i think i can whip up some other quick little banners like that yeah! we gotta get the ball rollin though!! Magnus: @WinterLodge; zigbigadorlube: The_Crow: bloodstainedwings: Alorrena: Antagonist: R u b y: @Ava The Vampire; Suona: The Wandering Poet: XxZombie.Mama.NephxX: Bearzy: Kaderin Triste: onsenmark: and anyone else planning to do a thread who wants an animated banner like mine, please @ me or PM me with this form:

HTML Code:
[SIZE="6"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Banner Me, Batman![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B]Name to appear on banner:[/B] [thread name here]
[B]Color Palette:[/B] [up to 5 colors, you can send exact hex codes or just a color name] 
[B]Simple Animation Type:[/B] [Snowball][Snowfall][Sparkles][Presents][Holly and Mistletoe][Bells][Peppermint Swirl][Penguin]
[B]Anything else?[/B] [type here]
I can only make one banner per thread, you're welcome to use it for a different section than the header, I can write whatever you want. I can only make one size banner, the same size as the one in my thread. The handwriting is mine, and the animations are also by me. If you have an idea for a simple animation that isn't listed, feel free to request it and I'll let you know if it's doable.

Hopefully I'll have them all done by the 23rd, but this is pretty short notice so please don't be mad if I'm a little late for some of you :')

And then Kent: I can send you the total amount of banners that got ordered. i'm not sure on my prices right now since it's been so long and i don't know what the economy is anymore, so you can set a price you think is fair. here's my old Quest thread, it's still pretty accurate.

---------- Post added 12-20-2022 at 06:15 PM ----------

here's the banner we're talking abt btw if you don't wanna boogie over to the test forum yet

Last edited by ghostPastry; 12-20-2022 at 11:14 PM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-20-2022, 11:17 PM

I will pass I'm not really sure how active I'll be at the moment I'm still slowly adjusting to posting and stuff.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-20-2022, 11:50 PM

Those banners are really fun! I don't think I'll need one but I appreciate the ping and will let you know if something changes.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 12-20-2022, 11:57 PM

I'm not sure if I'll be doing anything this time around, thread-wise, but...

R u b y

Old 12-21-2022, 12:09 AM

Oh that’s so cool! Thanks for the offer Pastry/Kent, I’m in the process of making my banners so I don’t think I’ll need one but I appreciate it!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-21-2022, 02:19 AM

Really looking forward to this. <3

XxZombie.Mama.NephxX
Snakes & Crossbones

Old 12-21-2022, 04:44 AM

Thanks for the ping. Cool banners.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-21-2022, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Those are both super cute!! Thanks for the videos too! If you take any pics when you’re done can I see? :3
Totally didn't read all of your previous post XD It's okay that i'm not seeing my family this year, but i'm definitely going next year, no matter what, unless i medically cannot fly (like... *if* i get pregnant...*fingers crossed*) But my birthday, on the other hand is May 15. Today my mom asked me what i was doing end of april, early march. So i guess she's coming to visit us april 17th-26th. So that should be fun. She always likes to do activities when she's on vacation. and she tends to always pay lol

Yeah, of course i'll share pictures of whatever i end up making! I love sharing pictures of my crafts- i seek validation from my peers lol Jk, but the compliments are encouraging to my adhd hyper fixation of making things fabric related. I Wish my embroidery machine didn't need serviced right now, cause then i'd just embroider a lot of stuff. oh well. I don't have any actual christmas fabric, so i have to improvise, but, i do have a lot of fabric, in general, so it should turn out okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post

SPOILERX

i think i can whip up some other quick little banners like that yeah! we gotta get the ball rollin though!! Magnus: @WinterLodge; zigbigadorlube: The_Crow: bloodstainedwings: Alorrena: Antagonist: R u b y: @Ava The Vampire; Suona: The Wandering Poet: XxZombie.Mama.NephxX: Bearzy: Kaderin Triste: onsenmark: and anyone else planning to do a thread who wants an animated banner like mine, please @ me or PM me with this form:

HTML Code:
[SIZE="6"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Banner Me, Batman![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B]Name to appear on banner:[/B] [thread name here]
[B]Color Palette:[/B] [up to 5 colors, you can send exact hex codes or just a color name] 
[B]Simple Animation Type:[/B] [Snowball][Snowfall][Sparkles][Presents][Holly and Mistletoe][Bells][Peppermint Swirl][Penguin]
[B]Anything else?[/B] [type here]
I can only make one banner per thread, you're welcome to use it for a different section than the header, I can write whatever you want. I can only make one size banner, the same size as the one in my thread. The handwriting is mine, and the animations are also by me. If you have an idea for a simple animation that isn't listed, feel free to request it and I'll let you know if it's doable.

Hopefully I'll have them all done by the 23rd, but this is pretty short notice so please don't be mad if I'm a little late for some of you :')

And then Kent: I can send you the total amount of banners that got ordered. i'm not sure on my prices right now since it's been so long and i don't know what the economy is anymore, so you can set a price you think is fair. here's my old Quest thread, it's still pretty accurate.

---------- Post added 12-20-2022 at 06:15 PM ----------

here's the banner we're talking abt btw if you don't wanna boogie over to the test forum yet

I appreciate the thought! I made my banners in Paint already (mostly cause i can't find my tablet), but yours is super cute!

R u b y

Old 12-21-2022, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Really looking forward to this. <3
Me too! :D It's so exciting to have activity again, even without new items/commons and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorrena View Post
Totally didn't read all of your previous post XD It's okay that i'm not seeing my family this year, but i'm definitely going next year, no matter what, unless i medically cannot fly (like... *if* i get pregnant...*fingers crossed*) But my birthday, on the other hand is May 15. Today my mom asked me what i was doing end of april, early march. So i guess she's coming to visit us april 17th-26th. So that should be fun. She always likes to do activities when she's on vacation. and she tends to always pay lol

Yeah, of course i'll share pictures of whatever i end up making! I love sharing pictures of my crafts- i seek validation from my peers lol Jk, but the compliments are encouraging to my adhd hyper fixation of making things fabric related. I Wish my embroidery machine didn't need serviced right now, cause then i'd just embroider a lot of stuff. oh well. I don't have any actual christmas fabric, so i have to improvise, but, i do have a lot of fabric, in general, so it should turn out okay.
No worries! At least that's not too far away :3 especially if your mom comes to visit even sooner It's always nice when you can do fun things and not have to pay for it xD
Also best of luck on getting pregnant :3

Awesome I'd love to see what you make! I'm the same way xD Like not that I hate what I make if people don't like it but the validation is always wonderful xD I'm autistic so I definitely can relate xD

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 12-21-2022, 06:16 AM

Kent: Thank you for offering to pay for banners for everyone hosting a thread. That is really kind of you, and I might just take you up on that offer.

-Interlaces their fingers, stretches arms out towards the front, cracking their knuckles.

I do believe I have a form to fill out.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-21-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Me too! :D It's so exciting to have activity again, even without new items/commons and stuff
I am also super excited. To me it almost hasn't fully set in that Mene's back up and running, and I think this is just the most perfect way to kick things off!
Quote:
No worries! At least that's not too far away :3 especially if your mom comes to visit even sooner It's always nice when you can do fun things and not have to pay for it xD
Also best of luck on getting pregnant :3

Awesome I'd love to see what you make! I'm the same way xD Like not that I hate what I make if people don't like it but the validation is always wonderful xD I'm autistic so I definitely can relate xD
Yeah. Even if she didn't pay or we didn't do much, it's always nice being near her. I miss her a lot between visits. We talk often. Also, thank you! No one ever really talks about infertility, so when it happens it's hard to deal with. We've been trying since we got married in 2020, but it hasn't happened yet and gets disheartening sometimes.

I get that. i'm the same with the validation. I I have ADHD, anxiety, and depression, and i might actually be on the spectrum, but undiagnosed. Which is interesting because i have an older sibling who was diagnosed as a kid, and we both were in and out of mental health offices growing up. They still go, whereas i do not, cause money lol

R u b y

Old 12-21-2022, 07:12 AM

I know right?! it's so wonderful and surreal at the same time ;3;

I feel you, my mom is my biggest supporter (I need a lot of help too) I still live with her though (never moved out lol) so I'm never that far away from her.
Yeah there's a lot of things in that realm that don't get talked about much sadly. However they seem to be getting talked about more and more so that's nice :3
I can't relate to the journey as I never have been and hopefully never will be pregnant. That's not something I want for myself. But I hope it happens for you whenever that time may come

With that background it's very likely you are on the spectrum, and getting diagnosed as an adult is infinitely harder. It took years for me to finally get diagnosed (because no one would actually test me for it or send me to the right places and living in the south just made it that much harder but that's a whole other story lol)

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-21-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
i think i can whip up some other quick little banners like that yeah! we gotta get the ball rollin though!!

umm sure! if its not too much trouble. i think that sounds wonderful!

sorry, if im a little late to reply, i do work full time now.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-21-2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I know right?! it's so wonderful and surreal at the same time ;3;

I feel you, my mom is my biggest supporter (I need a lot of help too) I still live with her though (never moved out lol) so I'm never that far away from her.
Yeah there's a lot of things in that realm that don't get talked about much sadly. However they seem to be getting talked about more and more so that's nice :3
I can't relate to the journey as I never have been and hopefully never will be pregnant. That's not something I want for myself. But I hope it happens for you whenever that time may come

With that background it's very likely you are on the spectrum, and getting diagnosed as an adult is infinitely harder. It took years for me to finally get diagnosed (because no one would actually test me for it or send me to the right places and living in the south just made it that much harder but that's a whole other story lol)
I appreciate the support from you nonetheless. I know not everyone has that as a life goal. and that's okay.

Honestly, i'm okay with not being formally diagnosed. It won't change who i am or how i see the world, and it would just give a label to something that's been a part of me my whole life, that i've never really needed a proper label for. I know being diagnosed definitely helps a lot of people, but i'm okay with the diagnoses i already have lol

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-21-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
umm sure! if its not too much trouble. i think that sounds wonderful!

sorry, if im a little late to reply, i do work full time now.
i'm glad you're able to make some time for us! working full time definitely takes a lot out of you, especially this time of year.

just let me know what i should write on the banner, which colors you'd like, and which of the simple animations i should include, when you get a chance.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-21-2022, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post
Kent: Thank you for offering to pay for banners for everyone hosting a thread. That is really kind of you, and I might just take you up on that offer.

-Interlaces their fingers, stretches arms out towards the front, cracking their knuckles.

I do believe I have a form to fill out.
You're welcome! o uo

ghostPastry: Would 2,500 gold for each banner be okay or maybe 5k?? Idk. XD
I also have a Makin' Better Faces and/or Space Theater I could give you~

Banner Me, Batman!
Name to appear on banner: Catch A Falling Snowflake
Color Palette: a gradient from blueish white to a light shade of blue? X3
Simple Animation Type: Snowflakes either falling or hovering
Anything else? Can I see one with snowflakes in the background and ones in foreground to see which I like more? XD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-21-2022, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Would 2,500 gold for each banner be okay or maybe 5k?? Idk. XD
I also have a Makin' Better Faces and/or Space Theater I could give you~[/FONT][/SIZE]
I would take both of those! Highest sale for each was 5k (avg 3.2k), so those two would cover two banners, and then you can pay the rest in gold, if that sounds good? So far we have 3 banner requests, including yours.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-21-2022, 10:26 PM

Yeah, that's totally fine with me! I'll start a trade~

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-22-2022, 02:21 AM

i made a banner to help advertise the event! feel free to share it wherever you want.

(this doesn't count as one of the banners i'm making for you Kent)

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 12-22-2022, 04:27 AM

Very nice banners!