Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 12-17-2022, 01:39 AM

Feel free to chat in here! It's a reunion event after all, and i have missed so, SO many of you!

Last edited by Alorrena; 12-31-2022 at 11:06 PM..

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-17-2022, 01:42 AM

How to play:
Take pictures of things in the hints and clues, post the results to a reliable image hosting site, and share your link (or links) here!

The Specifics:

SPOILERX

Please make sure you have your user name in the photo, I don't care if it's on paper, but you cannot add in your username afterwards.*

Use the Clues to find what you need to take a picture of. Please note, not everything will be available where you live. For example, "Palm tree with lights" is definitely a tropical weather type of decoration, but also, "Snow on the ground" Is definitely a northern type of weather that those in the south definitely don't have.

More vague hints (the ones that don't tell you exactly what to find) will be worth double points.

Each item collected (including duplicates) will be counted as one point. However, in each picture each item will only be collected once. You can submit more than one of everything, but it must be in a new photo with new items in it already.

For example. if you have a picture of a few ornaments, they will only be counted once. But if you put an ornament in each picture you take (as long as it's clearly not always just the same one) I will count it as a new point for each photo. That means each photo can be worth more than one point!

You cannot take a picture of a picture, but if you drew something or made something on the list, it counts! Just be sure to slap your name on it/in the picture with it!

I recommend posting images to imgur, but you can choose another reliable hosting site if you prefer. Please do not post the actual pictures on here. Links are definitely requested. Please tell me what you found, or what I'm looking at in the pictures, just in case something is not clear to me so you can be sure to get the most points possible!

You have until tend of the event to post your entries, so if you end up taking more, you can always add to your entry! The winners will be announced as soon as i get everything tallied up!

*if you forget your username, let me know, and then take a few pictures for me with a similar background as a few of the pictures, and i'll count them. This is up to my discretion though, so please TRY to include your username. I get holidays are hectic and may make you brain dead, so i'll be lenient.

Lastly, you must also ping me with your entry, and your entry must use the template (it will ping me) provided here:
HTML Code:
[URL=https://www.menewsha.com/forum/member.php?u=113400][I]Alorrena[/I][/URL]: 
[COLOR="Red"]Rena, I found something![/COLOR]
[HIDE][URL="your link(s) here"] also put your link(s) here[/URL][/hide]

Last edited by Alorrena; 12-26-2022 at 02:54 AM..

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-17-2022, 01:43 AM

1st place - 6 EI's from FOWN 2010 - Homemade Angel, Fun With Tinsel, Mr. Mayor's Mulled Wine, Vicky's Red Velvet Cupcake, Cessy's Chocolate Coin, Aimee's Eggnog,

2nd place - 5 EI's from FOWN 2010- Holiday Wreath, Old Jack Frost, Nalin's Holiday Cookie, Magnus's Creamy Cappuccino, Peeblo's Yule Log

3rd place - 3 EI from Fown 2010 plus 800 gold Butter Cookie Comforts, Peeblo's Yule Log, Lise's Gingerbread Man

4th place - 1500 gold

5th place - 1000 gold

Last edited by Alorrena; 12-21-2022 at 05:48 AM..

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-17-2022, 01:43 AM

Kaderin Triste

GhostPastry

Last edited by Alorrena; 12-25-2022 at 03:48 AM..

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-18-2022, 06:12 AM

A ribbon
A bow
Snow
a dreidel
A palm tree with lights
Star of David
Menorah
Christmas Ham
Christmas Turkey
A nativity scene
Holly
Santa
Santa's boots
And Elf on the Shelf
A wrapped present
Bells
Snow angels
Christmas Flamingo decorations
Ornaments
gingerbread house
Eggnog
Apple cider
A santa hat
Antlers
gingerbread man
A warm Hat
Mittens or gloves
An "ugly" Christmas sweater
Christmas lights

X2 hints-

A sweet treat for Santa with a nice cold drink
Reindeer need to refuel too!
Circles are festive, especially these ones.
Luna Lovegood says this is often infested with Nargles
Dr's Seuss created this popular Christmas icon
A hearty Feast for a family
Frosty, whether real or as décor. Does not need a face.
Santa's Ride,
His nose is what made him popular.
holiday Décor that is words.
A Charming soldier with strong teeth
A Tree Topper

Bonus, since i've never seen one before because it's not my culture, but important winter decoration nonetheless
A kinara (worth 7 points, but only countable once across all pictures you submit)

Last edited by Alorrena; 12-26-2022 at 03:01 AM..

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-23-2022, 10:31 PM

I'll be sure to mark these down so as I travel tomorrow I can take some pictures of whatever I find. Good luck to everyone who participates :D

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-23-2022, 10:39 PM

Ooh, thanks to a coworker, snapped a couple that I just need to upload!
And have a few more to take tomorrow morning at work!

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 12-24-2022, 05:22 AM

Do we have til the end of the event to do this? Also does taking a pic of a screen count (like holding up a piece of paper next to a pic on screen) or do these have to be real things we see xD

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-24-2022, 05:32 AM

R u b y: great questions! Unfortunately, they do need to be real life things, However, if you want to draw the things, you most certainly can. *spaces out for a sec* or make them. if you so wish. Also yes, end of the event. I'm going to update the rules section to have that in bold.

Last edited by Alorrena; 12-24-2022 at 05:38 AM..

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 12-24-2022, 06:04 AM

Heck yeah! Reunion time

R u b y

Old 12-24-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorrena View Post
R u b y: great questions! Unfortunately, they do need to be real life things, However, if you want to draw the things, you most certainly can. *spaces out for a sec* or make them. if you so wish. Also yes, end of the event. I'm going to update the rules section to have that in bold.
Haha I had to add something to my game too because it wasn’t clear xD thanks for answering! :D

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-24-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Haha I had to add something to my game too because it wasn’t clear xD thanks for answering! :D
Yeah no worries! Thanks for asking clarifying questions!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-24-2022, 02:10 PM

Alorrena:
Rena, I found something!

SPOILERX

Hope I did this correctly.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-24-2022, 06:42 PM

Alorrena:
Rena, I found some things!

SnowmanX

Snowman
time to get festive!! i'm gonna fill this little ornament with white and/or clear legos

SnowX

Snow
schnow. i'm glad it stopped coming down today! yesterday was pinche crazy.

NativityX

Nativity
This is my little nativity scene! I have a caganer in the corner, but he's a bird instead of the traditional figurine because birds are always pooping on the most important stuff! and baby Jesu is hangin out behind the shed for now. they're a little annoying, i have them on my dresser, so if I close the door too hard they all go toppling like dominoes but i like how they're different than your typical nativity, so it's worth it.

SantaX

Santa
Did you know Santa rides a bike? He's got killer calves. That's how he gets from house to house all in one night so quickly! ...Oh. You think he rides a sleigh? Well... some things need to be kept a secret

Elf on a ShelfX

Elf on a Shelf
Did you know they sell outfits for these little guys now?? So much less creepy.

AntlersX

Antlers
A reindeer on a bike!

Wrapped PresentX

Wrapped Present
This is the biggest wrapped present we've got it's just a suitcase, but I decided I wanted to wrap it up before we open it for our vacation and now we're using it to help my cat get up on her tree hahah

A Warm HatX

A Warm Hat
My favorite hat, even though I never wear it. I got it when I went to go see them live in concert.

Mittens or GlovesX

Mittens or Gloves
These are so cozy! The touchpad finger really works too.

Gingerbread ManX

Gingerbread Man

Technically just a sugar cookie, and more snow than man, but the feeling is the same, so I think it counts.

BellsX

Bells

This is an ice cube tray we just got! I'm so excited to see little bells floating around in my drink lol

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-25-2022, 06:13 AM

Alorrena:
Rena, I found something!

SPOILERX

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-25-2022, 11:39 PM

Well, I'm an idiot. I got lots of pictures of things, but I forgot that I needed to add my username to them so none of them will count xD Oh well! It was just fun running around the house with my siblings trying to find as much as we could from the list. My kid brother was going nuts trying to get everything.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-26-2022, 03:04 AM

Kaderin Triste: Great job! I love that you've gathered some more!

ghostPastry: Fantastic! I love your little notes about everything!

PWEEP: if you want, feel free to get a few copies of a couple of the things you guys got and include your username. I'll count them if the background is similar or recognizable! (i added this as an exception to the rules. Feel free to still participate!)

XxZombie.Mama.NephxX
Snakes & Crossbones

Old 12-30-2022, 02:01 AM

I wish I had time for a hunt this year. I'm bogged down in busy work these days.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-30-2022, 05:11 AM

Neph- i get it! No worries, maybe next time! Hope you are well!!!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-31-2022, 07:17 PM

i didn't get a picture of these so don't count them, but i just wanted to tell you at the Bronx Zoo they had a digital tree and one of the scenes on it was Flamingos walking across! and then there were also flamingo lanterns. again, i didn't get one, but here's an Emu lantern for your viewing pleasure:

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 12-31-2022, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
i didn't get a picture of these so don't count them, but i just wanted to tell you at the Bronx Zoo they had a digital tree and one of the scenes on it was Flamingos walking across! and then there were also flamingo lanterns. again, i didn't get one, but here's an Emu lantern for your viewing pleasure:

I didn't know i needed that in my life, but i am SO glad you shared with me. I LOVE it. it brings me great joy.

---------- Post added 12-31-2022 at 04:30 PM ----------

Kaderin Triste:
Just wanna let you know right now you are at 9 for the first 2 pictures-

BreakdownX

(hat, snow, snowman(x2), holly, mittens, gingerbread men (they're in the same picture, so they only count once for being gingerbread men) a (green) santa hat, and a bow (bowties count. bowties are cool)

and then for the other 2, you have 11

breakdownX

(menorah, snow in both pictures count one point per picture, a star of david, and the kinara which is 7!)

That puts you at 20 points! Great Job! Feel free to keep adding more pictures until the event ends!

Last edited by Alorrena; 12-31-2022 at 11:36 PM..

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 01-01-2023, 04:22 AM

ghostPastry: Wow! Great job! It took me a minute, but here's your running total and the breakdown!

BreakdownX

for the snowman picture you get 2 for the snowmen, 1 for the bows, one for the ornament (which i love the lego idea!) for a total of 4

For the Snow, you get one point, but fantastic view!!

Also one point for nativity scene. I didn't know what a caganer was until i clicked your wiki link, but it's interesting that you have it as a bird, which makes perfect sense to me lol

The santa picture is where you start to get more points! total of 11 for this picture-
You have Santa, a wrapped gift (even if it's just a decorative mini one), a Christmas tree topper x2 (the star on the mini Christmas tree in the basket), Christmas lights, Santa's boots (i see one cause of the placement of your hand, but i imagine he has both on his feet. lol) Bells on the necklace, antlers on the reindeer on the pillow, a santa hat, and because technically it is santa, riding a bike, you get 2 points for his ride(and it made me giggle)

The elf on a shelf scooter also gave you a few points- 1 for the elf, 1 for the christmas lights, and 1 for the Warm hat he wears, that's thankfully also a helmet! Head safety is important for all, including elves!

The one you labled as Antlers is so much more that that! so 1 for antlers, 2 for holiday decor that is words, 1 for christmas lights, 2 for another tree topper *in a mini tree in the basket), and 1 for mittens (they look like mittens to me!) for a total of 7

then we have 4 for the wrapped presents- 1 for the wrapped present, 1 for the ornaments on the wrapping paper, 1 for santa hats, 1 for the star of david on the wrapping paper! The more i looked at it the more i found!

1 for the reallllllly awesome warm hat. I really want it, even though i don't wear hats lol

1 for the warm gloves- i always wondered if the fingertip thing worked.

now for what you labeled as gingerbread cookies, well i can't count them as gingerbread men, but i can count the 2 gingerbread man sprinkles! So 1 for the sprinkles, 2 for "A sweet treat for Santa with a nice cold drink" (i do believe i see cocoa powder in the picture, which is close enough lol), 1 for santa's hat, 2 for the snowman, one for santa, and one for the snowman's warm hat!

and lastly, we have the one you marked as bells. Yes, bells, but i do see it's bells with either holly, or with a ribbon/ a bow. So 4 for that picture!

So your total, unless i counted wrong, which is possible cause i am tired, is at 45! Great job!

R u b y

Old 01-01-2023, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post

it's cute and horrifying at the same time. I love it

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-01-2023, 04:33 AM

I mean...other than maybe ornaments because I haven't taken down the mini trees yet, I don't really have access to anything else on the lists so....probably just about done getting points.
xD

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 01-01-2023, 10:32 AM

Kaderin Triste: i mean, that's fair. Though, the ornaments would count, and depending on what they are, they might count for more than just one point! ;]