Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 01-28-2023, 03:17 AM

Greetings Menewshans!

Get ready! It's almost time for for V-day 2023! Time sure does fly doesn't it? I've heard from others some whispers of User Preparations for the event already... So, we here in Menewsha would like to get in on the action!

Magnus is already onboard for the event! Who knew that cool cat would be so excited? He'll be handling the FAQ and Hangout Page. Emilio is gonna be helping out, as well as Channah, and Tesel too! There are also some Menewsha staff that are planning to run some events. Currently we have these threads in development. I'll only reveal the ~basic~ concept so as not to give away any spoilers
  • Avatar Contest (Avatar Contest) Hosted by BloodStainedWings!
  • Love Letters to the NPCs (Crafting & Writing) Hosted by ghostPastry!
  • Ru's V-Day Scratch Cards and Games! (Hidden Item Search) Hosted by R u b y!
  • Name That Movie! (Search Game) Hosted by Linnea!
  • Russian Cupid Roulette (Dice Game) Hosted by Tesel!
  • Cookie Heist (Dice Game) Hosted by Emilio!
  • Candy Grams (Valentines Delivery) Hosted by Channah
Now that covers all the active staff projects. That still leaves them on the overbooked side of things at the moment... So, Magnus asked me to post this message and ask Users if they would like to engaged in a co-op event! Let me read it to you!

~ahem~

If you are a Menewshan of 65 years or older then you qualify for... No, wait... sorry. That was Channah's mail...

~eehhhh~

OK! Here's the right note... If you are a Menewsha User and interested in running a Stickied Event Thread, please send a message (PM) to Magnus with your idea and whether or not you need assistance with items/gold to give away for prizes. If you do apply for assistance, you may also submit a list of prizes you would like to offer. Items and gold requested for prizes will be delivered by Magnus. You have until 9PM PT Monday night (That's the 30th) to submit your proposal.

Magnus also had a few points he would like for me to ~stress~
  • The V-Day event is tentatively set for the 10th of Febuary thru to the 17th (subject to change).
  • Only one Sticked thread Per User or co-hosts.
  • By submitting a proposal for a thread to Magnus, you are promising to make yourself available during the event (or part of it if you are running a thread with a co-host).
  • Any item/gold prizes that are requested for your thread may be negotiated if they are deemed excessive (e.g. asking for a 2007 Contribution Item for all who participate in your thread).
  • All results from the contests or games in your thread will be managed by you and, If prize assistance was requested, submitted to magnus no more than a week after the event so that prizes can be sent out by Magnus.
  • Submissions will no longer be accepted after 9PM PT Jan 31th
  • Chosen Threads will be announced Wednesday the 1st at 6PM PT (subject to change)

We have a limit of of 3 event threads for Users to run so only the best will be chosen! If it's ~really~ good we might just pick one or two more!

Magnus tells me the theme of this event is...
Time Capsule... How very mysterious... Much like the contents of the letters I deliver... OH! That reminds me! I need to get to Town Hall!

Before I get on to the rest of my deliveries, here is a form you can use to mail Magnus! Envelopes are on this side of the table along with pens and postage free of charge. I'll come back round and take everyone's mail as it becomes available.

HTML Code:
[size=5][color="red"]I would like to run a stickied event![/color][/size]
[b]Item/Gold Prize Assistance, Y/N:[/b]
[b](If Y) Items/Gold Prize List:[/b]
[b]Thread Idea w/ Title:[/b]
P.S.
If you have any questions about ~any~ of this missive, just leave me a note in this thread and I or Magnus will drop by and help clarify things for you.

Last edited by Magnus; 02-09-2023 at 08:08 AM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-28-2023, 04:22 AM

I would like to run a stickied event!

A very strange PMX

Item/Gold Prize Assistance, Y/N: YES please i'm so poor
(If Y) Items/Gold Prize List:
First Poster in the thread - 250g
Final Poster in the thread - 500g
Top Poster in the thread - 1000g

Everyone who submits an entry for both categories: Valentine Card

Everyone who submits all 6 possible entries: Key to My Heart

Crafted 1st Place - Cozy Afternoon
Crafted 2nd Place - Wedding Arch
Crafted Honorable Mention - Mr Mayor's Crafting Adventure

Drafted 1st Place - Baka Sempai
Drafted 2nd Place - Wildhearts
Drafted Honorable Mention - Valentine Cruise Ticket Standard

Thread Idea w/ Title:
Love Letters to the NPCs (Crafting/Art/Writing Contest) [do not click if you don't want spoilers!]

Last edited by ghostPastry; 01-31-2023 at 03:57 PM..

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-28-2023, 05:06 AM

ooh exciting! I'll have to think of a thread, so we can have more than one event thread but only one stickied one? Am I reading that right?

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 01-28-2023, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
I would like to run a stickied event!

SPOILERX

Item/Gold Prize Assistance, Y/N: YES please i'm so poor
(If Y) Items/Gold Prize List:
First Poster in the thread - 250g
Final Poster in the thread - 500g
Top Poster in the thread - 1000g

Everyone who submits an entry for both categories: Valentine Card

Everyone who submits all 6 possible entries: Key to My Heart

Crafted 1st Place - Cozy Afternoon
Crafted 2nd Place - Wedding Arch
Crafted Honorable Mention - Mr Mayor's Crafting Adventure

Drafted 1st Place - Baka Sempai
Drafted 2nd Place - Wildhearts
Drafted Honorable Mention - Valentine Cruise Ticket Standard

Thread Idea w/ Title:
Love Letters to the NPCs (Crafting/Art/Writing Contest) [do not click if you don't want spoilers!]
Hohoho... That is the strangest PM I have ever seen! Usually I check for them in my inbox

What a wonderful idea though! I do love finding mail inside when I open it. I am sure other Menewshan's do as well. We actually don't get that much mail these days sadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
ooh exciting! I'll have to think of a thread, so we can have more than one event thread but only one stickied one? Am I reading that right?
That is correct R u b y. I would hope that, should your thread be chosen, you prioritize your Valentine's Day Sticky Thread as you will be taking on a sort of deputized license to run an official Event thread. But should you be better than I at multitasking *chuckles* then you could conceivably run any threads you would like to outside of the single stickied thread.

R u b y

Old 01-29-2023, 12:52 AM

Thanks Magnus! I'll get that PM to you soon~
I ran two threads last event so I have some better ideas of how to do things this time around

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-29-2023, 04:38 AM

oh oops i must have misread, sorry Magnus! i guess i didn't learn much while i was dressed up like the mailman

i thought it would be a fun way to get people interested in Mene's lore again :D and the NPCs could always use a little more love and attention

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 01-30-2023, 11:13 PM

*dusts off the V-day EIs*
Ohhh, I'm ready for this!

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 01-31-2023, 02:48 AM

I think I will extend the submission period for just one more day *chuckles* just incase anyone is still in the process of sending me mail!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-31-2023, 03:57 AM

Sounds fun!

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-01-2023, 08:53 AM

It certainly does! *chuckles*

The official window for thread submission has closed. If you should happen to be particularly excited about an idea you have, I am always accepting PMs. Please feel free to send me mail if you are late to the thread. You never know what might happen!

As always, thank you everyone your interest and participation. I can't wait to see you all when the event forum opens For the time being, I will leave this thread stickied for any chatter or user planning of upcoming V-Day event threads. Please feel free to use this space as a planning board.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-03-2023, 06:24 PM

Yay! Valentine's Day event! :D
I'll do my best to be active during the event!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-04-2023, 08:42 PM

I look forward to the v-day event too~ o wo

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-07-2023, 06:55 AM

With the limited people around this part was a bad idea. <My opinion.

Quote:
We have a limit of of 3 event threads for Users to run so only the best will be chosen! If it's ~really~ good we might just pick one or two more!
Is this a user or staff run event? There used to be distinction for a reason. Staff just kinda took over a user ran event which has never happened before...

What's that? Something new and interesting for Menewsha. Finally!

I think Roachi or Queen Andrais (prolly both) had mentioned something about doing this thing before a long time ago.

If Roachi would have known I'm pretty sure she would have done something Chairty wise about it.

There SHOULD have been a front page post and E-mail about this contest to try and get em in here. eh? Some admin/NPC I know.

Missed opportunity.

R u b y

Old 02-07-2023, 06:38 PM

Oh wow I actually missed that part entirely. I didn’t realize there were only 3 spots open. I thought it was just hey if you want to run a stickied event thread let us know.
I misread that so that’s on me but that’s a bummer :(

I’m still gonna have an event thread if its stickied or not but I got excited lol

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-08-2023, 07:26 PM

Chosen threads haven't been announced yet?

It does seem like the previous event and this event will be collaborative efforts between staff and users.
I guess it's a new era for Menewsha events!

R u b y

Old 02-09-2023, 07:23 AM

However it goes I'm sure it'll be a blast :3 Mene forever

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-09-2023, 08:08 AM

Hoho... Yes, there was a bit of a scheduling issue and unfortunately some things were missed! The announcement was one of those items that was unfortunately dropped. I believe because staff is limited at the moment that this may perhaps be a new breed of hybrid events moving forwards, not replacing Staff only events or URE events by any means. This is more of an in-between to balance creativity and input while delegating management for the benefit of Menewsha users. But please do not take my word for it. I am only working with the script I have been given . This Valentine's Day is at the very least a test run of new possibilities. Not everything was rolled out perfectly but it is to be expected that mistakes will be made when new ideas are explored. Hoho... How terrible it would be to be perfect, no?

With all of that out of the way, please say hello to our 2 guest thread hosts for Valentines Day 2023!

ghostPastry: & R u b y:!

Their submissions have been accepted and added to the official thread list!

R u b y

Old 02-09-2023, 08:20 AM

Thank you very much Magnus and Staff for accepting my thread! :D I shall do my best~
Can't wait to participate in the other activities as well! I'm SO looking forward to the craft contest! That's one of the biggest things I've missed about mene events

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-09-2023, 08:21 AM

aw yeah. excited to see what you've got in store for us, Rubles

R u b y

Old 02-09-2023, 08:21 AM

Same to you HostPapa!

---------- Post added 02-09-2023 at 04:22 AM ----------

My crossword will have a little surprise for you ghostie so keep an eye out for that

Magnus
McQuade Boutique
NPC

Old 02-09-2023, 08:27 AM

Ohohoho! My my, but you two are adorable are you not?

R u b y

Old 02-09-2023, 08:28 AM

That's what happens when you give best friends honorary staff roles

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-09-2023, 08:50 AM

oh you know papa love surprises

Magnus, you would think it was both of us that are adorable, but actually it's Ruby's adorable rays reflecting off of me. i'm gonna need sunglasses if this girl keeps it up

R u b y

Old 02-09-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
oh you know papa love surprises

Magnus, you would think it was both of us that are adorable, but actually it's Ruby's adorable rays reflecting off of me. i'm gonna need sunglasses if this girl keeps it up

Aww ghost you flatter me~

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-09-2023, 08:08 PM

When was the event start date again?