The Queer Engineer

Old 09-28-2014, 09:47 PM

(I finally decided to make a prompt for role-play. Please comment with any suggestions or advice.)
Would you be interested in Role-playing within this type of steampunk universe?

Unlike some steampunk stories, this takes place in an alternate universe. All of the provinces within this world float in the sky by the power of steam. There are steampunk technologies as well as an introduction to new technologies. I am hoping that one of the plots is to attempt to eradicate the pollution within clockwork springs.

For me it does not matter whether your character is referenced from proper English as long as it is relevant to the story it would be fine with me. XD

Clockwork Springs: Engineering Society and birthplace of Professor Devian (This would be my rp character) the inventor. The springs were once a project started by the ancients is now a teaching ground. The city was built in a sphere around a glorious mechanical fountain. The ancients where set on building a thriving inventor community with pure air. This project had failed. The engineers built a perimeter shield around clockwork springs to prevent the mass amounts of pollution from spreading to Ebon Shire or New Grimm.

Ancient Grimm: Underneath the noise and whistles of clockwork springs lay the ruins of a long lost city. The ancestors forged together an army of gold to fight against the forces of Ebon shire. The shielding of the ancient city was a consequence of the major pollution in Clockwork springs.

New Grimm: This is a settlement built upon a massive airship. When the ancient’s ancestors realized that their plans for clockwork springs had failed they decided to form a new colony. They had hoped to be the rulers of the new clockwork springs. Unfortunately one of these ancestors had other plans.

Ebon Shire: There is a ruling queen of Ebon Shire. She is fierce and ruthless. Once word had spread that the ancestors where building a new province the queen sent out her troops to kill any known ancient ancestors living within clockwork springs. Little did she know that many had already escaped with materials to build New Grimm.

I would love for someone to volunteer to be the queen. You can choose your own name! ^_^

Last edited by 2600; 09-28-2014 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: Spacing and Format

The Queer Engineer

Old 09-29-2014, 03:15 AM

[Character Profile: Professor Devian.]
Professor Devian:

Unlike common names, characters are not named after a family unless they belong to the royal kingdom. Anyone outside of the kingdom is seen as a wretched and putrid.
The few that do work for the Kingdom are not well payed or respected.
Sex: Genderless

Born in Clockwork Springs, Devian is a less of a human and more of a by-product of war. He was born of two unknown parents biologically, but with major defects. The doctors decided to give Devian mechanical limbs. Although Devian had physiological issues, his intellect surpassed many. This would prove to be a nuisance in the coming years. Clockwork Springs was the Engineering Society and that is what Devian had always known. Until he turned twelve, Devian was oblivious to the existence of Ebon Shire, New Grimm, or even to the history of ancient Grimm. When Devian turned twenty he decided that he wanted to teach Engineers the history that he had been deprived of. As he grew older he noticed that the passionate little engineers in his classes became less patient with his slow nature. Devian decided to study and hopefully invent an age gadget. Devian succeeded to an extent. The gadget would give the appearance of a younger Devian, but gave him the mind of his actual age. No one knows exactly how Devian is still alive at his age. The only ones that don't know that Devian changes his age are his students.
Devian is occasionally directed by the queen of Ebon Shire or New Grimm to complete tasks. He is currently impartial in his political standings. One day he may need to decide who he wants to help and his decision could cost him his life.

I hope to get a response. Does anybody fancy this story as a Role Play?

Last edited by 2600; 12-03-2014 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Character Creation

The Queer Engineer

Old 11-26-2014, 05:23 AM

Does anybody have any interest at all in doing this? I would be willing to change the story if people do not like it. I really just want to do something steampunky.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-02-2014, 02:37 AM

Hi, 2600! I have never done a steampunk role-play before, but I would for you! ^_^

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-02-2014, 04:23 AM

Omg salvete. That would be awesome. We can try starting it in about a week if you are willing. Honestly any suggestions are fine with me. I really just wanna practice role playing . Maybe it will entice me to do it more often. :)

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 12-05-2014, 01:58 PM

2600: I have no idea about Steampunk but it seems interesting. Do I have to know about Steampunk to be able to RP?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-05-2014, 02:06 PM

CycloneKira:
No you don't. It would simply be set in a steampunk world. The RP would be trying to act out a time of political turmoil in a steampunk setting. As long as you mention the provinces like clockwork springs or new Grimm then that's fine.

Last edited by 2600; 12-08-2014 at 06:47 AM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 12-08-2014, 03:03 PM

What's steampunk? I just need a general idea.

Edit: Never mind I just reread the first post. I'd love to be the Queen of Ebon Shire. I love villain roles
She is the villain, isn't she?

Last edited by CycloneKira; 12-09-2014 at 12:03 PM..

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-09-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneKira View Post
What's steampunk? I just need a general idea.

Edit: Never mind I just reread the first post. I'd love to be the Queen of Ebon Shire. I love villain roles
She is the villain, isn't she?
CycloneKira: She can be a villain. Yeah basically steampunk is like if the Victorian era was all run on steam, but it is just a steampunk universe so it doesn't have to be exact.

The Queer Engineer

Old 06-25-2017, 01:35 PM

hummy: you mentioned RP's
*goes to their RP page*
I would've to initiate this RP. Anyone who would like to join is welcome to submit a character profile.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-25-2017, 02:53 PM

I hope you gets them RPers