View Poll Results: Do you embroider?
Yes! ^_^ 9 69.23%
No. V_V 4 30.77%
I don't even know what that is... >_> 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 01-04-2015, 02:33 AM

I remember I tried embroidering a butterfly. It didn't go well But I would really like to learn how to do that, the designs that you can make are so pretty! Where can you get the embroidery hoops?

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 01-04-2015, 03:31 PM

I bought a couple off amazon before. I've also bought them at fabric stores. If you have a joanns, they carry them. As does Micheals. There's even a mom and pop like yarn store where I live that carries them. I suppose any crafty sort of place worth their money would have them for sale.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-21-2015, 02:01 AM

So, I've picked up a few vintage embroidery kits lately from the thrift store. The embroidery thread is a little more like yarn than a lot of embroidery thread around today. Parts of them were started in spots but there's not enough yarn to finish some of those .can anyone suggest a good thread to use?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-01-2015, 02:43 PM

I'm pretty sure most people use embroidery floss. It doesn't come on a spool like yarn but is rather just wound around itself like this:

You can separate the strands to use as many threads at a time as you want. I think most people use two to three strands at once so that there's enough color/thickness to really see the design. It's kind of like licorice, just separate a few strands from the major one and peel them away, thread them through you're needle and you're good to go!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-14-2015, 04:41 AM

I made one embroidery hoop sampler for two friends and their new apartment.

I wish I wrote out the lettering first with pencil on the fabric instead of freehanding it all. My bad! But it's fun. I just bought a cheap wooden hoop at a fabric store and painted it to match the design after I finished sewing. Then you just glue it all in place.