Miserine
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2010, 07:13 AM

I love that anime. They just started to translate the manga. I just picked up the first volume the other day.

ButterflyDemise
Cupcake Zombie

Old 03-13-2010, 01:59 AM

I never read the manga, but I saw the anime and it is probably one of my favorites of all times. The art is good, the dubs are very decent, and the comedy/serious had the perfect balance for me! I really loved Sebastian, Grell, Ciel, and The Undertaker.

Lokie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2010, 09:42 AM

I love this series, I do think that the manga is better than the anime. I'm actually going to be doing a Meirin costume later this year with a cosplay group. I've already got the wig and glasses, but the boots are proving unnecessarily difficult to find. at least for anything under $200.

Kiyoku Kurisaku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-11-2010, 05:18 PM

I like Grell and The Undertaker the most! Iam okay with Ciel but his bratty attitude bothers me a lot, I also like Madam Red and was upset when she died in the first few episodes T_T
I am cosplaying as Madam Red next year!

The Roze
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-11-2010, 05:30 PM

I didn't like Madam Red much to be honest. I don't know why. I absolutely loved Lau, I was so sad when he died! I think I would love Sebastien if he wasn't one of the main characters.

CrymRose

Old 07-05-2010, 06:36 AM

I Love Kuroshitsuji! I prefer the manga to the Anime though. Ciel, Soma, and Finian are my favourites. Soma especially.

Has anyone seen Kuroshitsuji II yet? Alois is somewhat a brat but I like him more then Ciel.

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 07-05-2010, 08:46 PM

hm...well I couldn't resist but come in to reply when I saw this. It didn't help that this was the first thread I saw either. I've recently started reading this series, I'm up to date, and I've finished the first season of the anime. I am also one of those people who are cursing the very existence of a second season with a new butler and a new master.

My favorite character is actually the Undertaker as well, he's just so like-able like that. Grell scares the heck out of me but not for the reason most people would say they don't like him. He just scares me.

While I admit the voice actors did a good job, I did not like the anime very much. I'm not particularly clear why I don't like it but I don't. I much prefer the manga.

As for the second season of the anime, I don't like the idea of it...(actually, the first episode already came out didn't it?) The new master seems like they just took Ciel's character and flipped him, taking everything that was the opposite of Ciel. And that butler? He just seems like a rip-off Sebastian to me. I mean wow, Sebastian polishes silver so this new butler polishes gold? Seriously? And anyway the servants in the second season don't seem as amusing as they were in the first one, a set of triplets? Really?
And I'm wondering also, they said that the voice actor's for the first season Ciel and Sebastian are staying on, does that mean Ciel and Sebastian are still in this season?

Alright that's the most of my rant for now~

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-06-2010, 02:28 AM

Wait, there's a Kuroshitsuji 2? Or is that only for the anime?

Gotta love the Undertaker. Looove his creepiness and how he makes people make him laugh for him to give them information XD

And Grell...I didn't like him until after he got beat up and was lying on the ground while that other shinigami stepped onto his face xD I like how he made goosebumps crawl up all over Sebastien though XD

Still waiting for the next detective arc of the manga to update D:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-06-2010, 04:53 AM

There's a second season for Kuroshitsuji Fading :D

I think everyone needs to watch the second season of the anime before passing judgment. They're going to feel really stupid once they finally watch it. :rofl: I thought I'd give it a chance and I don't like the new kid. He gouges his maid's eye out x_x I do like his Butler, Claude. But that's neither here nor there. The second season MUST be watched to really know what's going on. Trust me, you'll feel like a stupid whiner after watching.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 AM

I don't really care if that's what you think For-chan Cookie, but I'll respect your wishes and stop talking about that here. ^^

The second season is just the anime because the first season didn't stick to the manga anyway.

Oh gosh, I'm waiting for the next chapter to come out too, for some reason I can't help but think there's some type of animal involved XD

Oh William right? He's the one that stepped on Grell's face. XD I think my favorite arc would be the circus arc though. Just starting near the end though. That man was seriously twisted, but I liked Joker's character design.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-07-2010, 12:51 AM

I could give spoilers to convince you that this episode must be watched, but that's just boring and it would really ruin the surprise of the episode. But hopefully, you can take my word for it and watch because I guarantee you won't hate it and you won't be disappointed. :D

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 AM

Well I guess I won't completely hate it but truth be told, I didn't like the first season much either. So I doubt a second season will really make a difference in my opinion. I promise I'll watch it when I have some free time though, deal?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-07-2010, 01:56 AM

Well, I haven't read the manga yet, so I didn't hate any of it. I took the anime as the anime. Just an odd mix of dark tragedy and silly silliness. I had fun with that. I even enjoyed the ending, because for me it didn't matter that it wasn't like the manga I hadn't read.

But if you didn't like the first season, you might not like the second. Still, I think it is worth a watch if you have the time. But as I said before, the complaints about the new characters will feel silly after watching.

YamiSora
~

Old 07-07-2010, 03:59 AM

plan to see it............eventually XP

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-07-2010, 04:08 AM

@For-Chan: Mm, well then seems we both have something to try XD You have to try the manga and I have to try the second season...ah well, when I have free time XD

@YamiSora: Did you read the manga yet? Or are you one of those people that just watches the animes?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-07-2010, 04:21 AM

@Aoi - I want to, but I'm not currently purchasing any manga, so it'll just have to wait.

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-07-2010, 09:56 PM

I didn't know you were into Kuroshitsuji, Sephiroth. :3

I love this series. The anime was interest and the manga is wonderful. I'm waiting for the second season of the anime to come out to watch. Although, it won't be the same since Sebastian and Ciel aren't in this one. I don't think these two new main characters will be a disappointment though.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Second season is already out ^^

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-08-2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
There's a second season for Kuroshitsuji Fading :D

I think everyone needs to watch the second season of the anime before passing judgment. They're going to feel really stupid once they finally watch it. :rofl: I thought I'd give it a chance and I don't like the new kid. He gouges his maid's eye out x_x I do like his Butler, Claude. But that's neither here nor there. The second season MUST be watched to really know what's going on. Trust me, you'll feel like a stupid whiner after watching.
Yeah, I saw a flash of it on TV yesterday, before another commercial took over xD Saw the new butler and the new master...they don't look too bad, but I don't think I'll ever manage to find the time to watch the anime D: So it's always just manga for me. >_<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Kazuya View Post
Oh gosh, I'm waiting for the next chapter to come out too, for some reason I can't help but think there's some type of animal involved XD

Oh William right? He's the one that stepped on Grell's face. XD I think my favorite arc would be the circus arc though. Just starting near the end though. That man was seriously twisted, but I liked Joker's character design.
lol I'm just impressed with how Sebastian can lie there with cold water dripping all over him and still continue to pretend to be dead xD *is convinced that Sebastian isn't really dead...or there wouldn't any point left to the story O_o*

Also very curious as to who the killer is and how he/she's getting around with all the killing...

And yeah, that's him xD I love Snake from the circus arc (Inner Voice: That's because you're obsessed with snakes!), I really want to know where he went off to after he left. As for the fat psycho guy...he creeps me out. End of story. >_>;;;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora` View Post
I didn't know you were into Kuroshitsuji, Sephiroth. :3
I wasn't originally, but then a friend managed to convince me to try...and I was bored waiting for my ramen in the rental shop, anyway. ^_^;; The first volume was a 'wtf' for me as I didn't really get what the plotline was supposed to be, but the second volume got better so I stuck to it. :]

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-08-2010, 03:24 AM

well Sebastian can't be dead! Believe it or not, he's the main character of the story, not Ciel.

yea, still got like another 11 days before the next chapter comes out though...the wait is killing me T - T

I'm sure Snake's fine, the only one I kind of feel bad for was Doll. She was a nice person, well, no I feel bad for all of them except for the fat dude and the doctor. They thought they were helping their brothers and sisters, not their fault they were tricked >.>

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-08-2010, 03:49 AM

Haha, yeah, with the way the story is like, Sebastian's totally the main character.

11 days?! O__O I thought for sure it was coming out this week! Noo! T__T

Yeah, I felt bad for the people in the circus, Doll and Joker especially. Doll was really nice.
Hope there'll be more parts for Snake in the future > 3>

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 AM

lol good luck with hoping ^^

hmm...I can't really remember the day it's supposed to come out >.> so maybe I'm wrong?

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but he is! it was in one of the author notes ^^

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-09-2010, 02:52 AM

Huh, I totally missed those notes O_o;

I don't really remember anymore either, I just know it's been a while since the last chapter. xD;

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-09-2010, 03:11 AM

I always thought it was on the 18th of every month? Or at least close to then.

Oh, depends on where you read it from. I don't think the scanlations online include the author's notes. I bought the first two volumes in English so maybe that's where I read it >.>

Tezonic
Nom Nom Nom
Send a message via MSN to Tezonic

Old 07-09-2010, 04:26 PM

I haven't seen this in ages! I love, love Ciel, since he's quite fashionable inclined.
I dislike that girl that's obsessed about him, who likes cute things. *completely blank on what her name is*
I only watched about 10 episodes of the anime & the first manga of it. <3
I got my best friend addicted to this anime. She's the mysterious kind, who adored the butler. xD