Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-20-2009, 02:00 AM

Not gonna lie a little shocked there isn't a thread (I searched it)

SO who has seen the anime or read the manga for Soul Eater!!!

I recently got really into it: i've only seen half the anime though (dang school) and read very little manga.

But yeah discuss! Fav. Characters? or Fav. Teams? Pairings? and anything else you want to mention- manga vs. anime, Fanfics, Fanarts, cosplays, latest chapters (warn for spoilers please ^_^ )?

and if you have never heard of it- then check it out ^_^
(b/c i'm too lazy to summarrize it myself lol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Eater_(manga)

And for my own questions: My fav. characters and Maka and Tsubaki- - my fav. pairing is MakaXSoul: and i really just love this series lol

Edit: Alright I figured I should add more questions: so who is your fav. villian? Do you read the manga too? or just watch the anime? (and more Q's to come later ;D )

Oh- and my fav. villian so far is Medusa- and so far just the anime for me ^_^

Last edited by Tsubasa Rose; 05-04-2009 at 10:00 PM..

butterscotch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-20-2009, 10:24 PM

I LOVE Soul Eater, it's one of my favorite series ever.

My favorite characters are Death the Kid, Crona, and Justin, but really I like just about everyone except Medusa. The only pairing I like is Maka/Crona.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-20-2009, 10:32 PM

I've only read what has been published in Yen+ so far, so I'm not that far into the story. It seems really interesting, but can be rather weird sometimes. It's not like the stuff I usually read, so it's taking some getting used to. I like the humorous style though. My favorite characters so far? Death the Kid and Excalibur. :angel:

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-21-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho-Shonojo View Post
My favorite characters so far? Death the Kid and Excalibur. :angel:

@Sho-Shonojo: Not gonna lie: I looked at 'Excalibur' and did a double take XD
he's so bizzare- and annoying lol
well at least in the anime- it might be different reading: when I don't have to listen to his voice lol or see his weird dancing
why do you like him?

But yeah Kid is totally awesome!

I think the wierdness you mention is part of the charm: on youtube there are videos set to the 'This is Halloween' theme and stuff like that- just fits XD

@butterscotch:
*high five* fav.d b/ it's awesome!
Crona is awesome- i never thought of pairing with Maka b/c well.... I'm still confused on Crona's gender lol and not sure how that would work XD
Justin is awesome- i don't know much about him but he seems really cool so far (he just saved Maka/Soul/and Crona- i love his earphones lol)
I admit that I like Medusa: but what my friend says is that the longer you watch, the more you learn and the harder it is too not hate her O_o

Oh and has anyone heard anything about a SOUl Eater movie? I bought it on ebay- (haven't watched it yet) but my friend says there isn't one lol- wtf did i buy?? lmao

Last edited by Tsubasa Rose; 04-21-2009 at 12:26 AM..

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-21-2009, 10:32 PM

I was really joking when I said Excalibur. XD But I don't think he is as bad in the manga, even though I haven't seen the anime. He doesn't speak, so he doesn't have a voice, and he was in one short chapter, unless he shows up again later.

He was funny though, and I laughed, so I put him on there.

The strangeness of the characters, and the backgrounds, particularly the moon and the sun with faces. reminds me of the manga Jing:King of Bandits.

I haven't heard of a movie but I haven't done any research.

Edit: Apparently there are video games though, but only in Japan.

Last edited by Sho-Shonojo; 04-21-2009 at 10:35 PM..

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-22-2009, 03:49 PM

Oh lol (makes more sense now XD )
ok well if you want a taste of why he's.....obnoxious you can try watching ep 9 of the series- I was talking to a friend about it, it's not quite filler b/c it's just a useless episode lol

Wow i hadn't thought about it till you said that but it is a lot like Jing! I love wierd styles lol it adds ....flavor lol

so my friend and I (b/s she finished the anime and is reading the manga now) watched a little of my mysterious "movie" and it's only 30 min. but it's not an ep from the show: my hypthesis is kind of like an OVA- but my friend is going to watch it all the way through for a better idea

I had heard there were video games: several even...I think. When i was searching on ebay they all came up: sounds fun but it needs to be translated or I'll stare at the screen in clueless wonderment till my eyes bleed lol

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-25-2009, 11:14 PM

I'll have to look into that then. XD

I love Jing too, and it's weird style.

Hm... now that you mention it, a 30 min. "movie" does sound like it would be an OVA.

The games... maybe they'll translate them if Soul Eater gets popular enough over here.

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-26-2009, 04:47 AM

I love this anime! My favorite part was when they showed shinigami's flashbacks where he looks like the more traditional scarier death in comparison to his happy death mask. I love Dr. Stein too. I have a hard time picking who my favorite pair is though, I like them all. I think the art style is unique and awesome as well, I think that's what first drew me in.

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 AM

@Sho: I had my friend watch it: and we decided that it was actually cut scenes from the games- or at least that is our very educated guess-

i want the games translated but not the anime: *always scared of dubs*

@Aoi Midori: Oh I did watch that: he looked so bada**! for sure >D Dr. Stein is a great character: I even love his character design with the stiches and screw in his head. He's on my fav. characters to be sure: but when he was first introduced- what he did to Black Star freaked me out. Just too warped lol

the syle is great- it's too fitting: I even wonder if I would have gotten it so much if it had another style:....like the naruto style *shudders* or some shojo-i-fied style (lol)

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-29-2009, 12:30 AM

Cut scenes from the games. That's interesting, but, did the movie actually make any sense then?

Aw, well you don't have to watch the dubbed version right??

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-29-2009, 03:30 AM

Well according to her: you could kind of see the plot-- or rather that there is a plot: but the biggest part was basically the end. It just showed the final battle 3 different ways (each team- same enemy)--- so yeah it didn't make sense on its own. ^_^;;

I wouldn't watch: but I would be scared about the transformation of the fandom into something similar to that of the Naruto fandom- which I used to like: but the explosion of the fandom when it was dubbed scared me lol

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-03-2009, 01:45 PM

Oh I see.

Yea, Soul Eater does seem like something that could become extremely popular. I wouldn't want it to become as popular as Naruto. That fans are the reason I don't watch Naruto as well.

Takabean
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-04-2009, 08:08 PM

I love Soul Eater :)

I started watching it a few weeks ago and i'm almost at episode 40. My favorite characters are probably Kid, Crona, and Stein. But I really like most of the characters on the show.

I'm sort of curious as to what the dub will be like, or if it will air on tv or something.

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 AM

Oh! great characters! I love Kidd- because of his O.C.D.-ness-- my friend's RP and his character is so funny to portray

- and Crona is so awesome because of the warpeded-ness: I love when Crona is fighting Maka (crazy maka!) and she's a little kid on her sand planet: it's one of my fav. episodes.
and wtf is with Ragnarok being on her back- first time I saw that I felt really bad for her (him? still unsure of sex lol)

my friend and I were talking : we were trying to guess at some good voice actors for Maka's voice--but now i'm wondeirng who would be a good voice for Stein- i actually think he would be hard too

Liath
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Liath Send a message via MSN to Liath

Old 06-19-2009, 07:54 AM

Soul Eater is awesome. The style of it is really amusing. I've only seen the first 6 episodes, but it's awesome. I love Maka and Soul. Black Star and Tsubaki both seem kind of plain to me, but hopefully they'll surprise me later in the series. Kid is awesome, too. He makes me laugh, with his obsession with symmetry and how he gets all mad when something isn't symmetrical.

Last edited by Liath; 06-19-2009 at 07:58 AM..

Weeping Blood Rose
Send a message via MSN to Weeping Blood Rose Send a message via Yahoo to Weeping Blood Rose

Old 08-03-2009, 04:08 PM

I hate to say this but I don't really like this much it was ok after the first and second book but after that ....... I stopped read for one thing I ran out of books and for anyother I was getting bored but I still want ot know what happened to Kid in the end because he was my fave Char out of all of them he just made me laugh alot and who knows I may just start to read the Manga again.

and did you say there was a show as well :cool:.

Bane Rie
The Mad Writer
Send a message via MSN to Bane Rie Send a message via Yahoo to Bane Rie

Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 PM

I call this "the anime I never finished" and "the manga that I probably never will finish"...

Now that the anime is licensed I can't find the last 20 episodes to watch online... I don't particularly like downloading. But it is AWESOME. The art style is something that I really like and the characters are hilarious. I really like Stein, Soul, and especially Maka. I also like the designs of the settings, very much a Halloween feel!

Also... is Chrona a boy or a girl!? They always contradict themselves when I think I have the gender right. Chrona refers to... self as "boko" which is he but Soul calls Chrona "she" in the manga and "he" in the anime and sometimes changes in translation... But in Japanese they use gender neutral pronouns...

But then the official Japanese site says "Unknown" for the gender.... SO CONFUSING!

frogmasterofthefunk
*^_^*

Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 PM

I've only read what is published in Yen Plus. I love it.

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-12-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath View Post
Soul Eater is awesome. The style of it is really amusing. I've only seen the first 6 episodes, but it's awesome. I love Maka and Soul. Black Star and Tsubaki both seem kind of plain to me, but hopefully they'll surprise me later in the series. Kid is awesome, too. He makes me laugh, with his obsession with symmetry and how he gets all mad when something isn't symmetrical.
As much as I love B* (i even RP him), he takes awhile to develop. Him and Tsubaki. Kid stays awesome lol- the anime ended so a lot of my friends don't like the ending all the way- so i recommended definately checking out the manga if you ever have time ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeping Blood Rose View Post
I hate to say this but I don't really like this much it was ok after the first and second book but after that ....... I stopped read for one thing I ran out of books and for anyother I was getting bored but I still want ot know what happened to Kid in the end because he was my fave Char out of all of them he just made me laugh alot and who knows I may just start to read the Manga again.

and did you say there was a show as well :cool:.

the begining is a bit slow- but don't give up! :D it only gets better and better. There is just a lot of set up that they have to do. Plots involving Kid get pretty intense.
Yes, there is an anime- and it actually follows pretty closely with the manga for the first like 25 episodes or so- so if it hold your attention better you can watch then jump back to manga when the plot gets good >D (the anime takes off on it's own plot so that it can end nicely in another 25 or so episodes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane Rie View Post
I call this "the anime I never finished" and "the manga that I probably never will finish"...

Now that the anime is licensed I can't find the last 20 episodes to watch online... I don't particularly like downloading. But it is AWESOME. The art style is something that I really like and the characters are hilarious. I really like Stein, Soul, and especially Maka. I also like the designs of the settings, very much a Halloween feel!

Also... is Chrona a boy or a girl!? They always contradict themselves when I think I have the gender right. Chrona refers to... self as "boko" which is he but Soul calls Chrona "she" in the manga and "he" in the anime and sometimes changes in translation... But in Japanese they use gender neutral pronouns...

But then the official Japanese site says "Unknown" for the gender.... SO CONFUSING!
Yeah downloading is a pain- i actually just googled "watch soul eater online" and i found a site which found sites... sounds a tad much but it worked ^_^
YAY FOR AWESOMENESS!
My friends and I talked about how it reminds us of a perkier Halloweentown (from The NIghtmare Before christmas)

As for Chrona.... who knows lmao. Current in the manga- and through the whole anime--- it does change continuously. Then my friend who reads fanfaction, says that basically the fans decide= MakaxChrona (F/M), ChronaxKid (M/M), ChronaxMedusa (F/F) ..... i personally think girl but Medusa may have just beaten all the masculinity out of Chrona so who really knows XD;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmasterofthefunk View Post
I've only read what is published in Yen Plus. I love it.
Yay! for <3 <3 <3

((and on a side note- can't believe I haven't checked my own thread in so long- i kind thought it would die >_>;; ))

Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 08-12-2009, 02:21 AM

To be honest, I was rather disappointed with the anime ending.

(possible spoilers?) They had the usual dramatic ending speech thing and their reasoning of why Maka was so great was 'cause she had courage. Yeeaahh.. except that -every- other character there does too XD Then they gathered up a bunch of characters to watch an ending that could be seen a mile away. I dunno, it just didn't tie up neatly for me. All the points leading up to the end was fine though.

The manga I've actually enjoyed a lot more. No rushed endings and more plot and character development~

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-15-2009, 05:02 AM

@Nightengale (hi!): that's because the manga isn't finished yet and animes always go awry when the mangas are incomplete- look at Inuyasha- they didn't even bless the anime with an end lol

LittleFox
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2009, 05:25 AM

Soul Eater is interesting, but I've only seen a few episodes on the web

MewCinnamon
A kind elf, mew, hybrid mix!

Old 08-18-2009, 09:10 PM

DEATH THE KID FOR TEH WIN!!!!!

Joey Kitsune
*^_^*

Old 09-16-2009, 01:39 AM

I've seen a few clips of it today, mostly when Maka and Soul keep trying to get Blair and the whole test issue where Patty makes a giraffe only to break it's neck. Shame I can't find full episodes from the beginning. :(
I will say, though, that a world where humans can eat the souls of others and become like soul-hungry demons if left unchecked is kinda creepy, isn't it?

Last edited by Joey Kitsune; 09-16-2009 at 02:19 AM..

Satsujin Higashi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-27-2009, 04:32 AM

Please tell me that SOMEONE at this site has read Soul Eater? If not I demand you go get the manga and read it!..Or read it online like I do. :eager: It is one of the best manga I have read and I have read A LOT of manga.