butterscotch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-26-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myanimelist
Based on a popular web-released manga series by Hidekazu Himaruya, this has been described as a "cynical gag" story set in Europe in the years between WW1 and WW2 (1915-1939), using exaggerated caricatures of the different nationalities as portrayed by a gaggle of bishōnen. For example, the Italia Veneziano character is into pasta and women. The Deutsche (German) bishi loves potatoes and sausages, and Nippon is an otaku boy. Installments of the manga have jumped back and forth in setting from the ancient times to modern-day geopolitics.

My friend got me into Hetalia recently andd I love it. Way more than I thought I would actually, seeing as how I have zero interest in world history. I know some people on here must like it too since it's so popular right now. :) What are your favorite characters/pairings/episodes/strips/etc?

My favorite characters are England, Romano, America, and Spain, but I sort of love every single one of them. Likewise, I love America/England and Spain/Romano.

Takabean
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-02-2009, 12:42 AM

excuse me how come nobody is replying :illgetu:

i wish some cooler characters would show up in the anime though because i dont really have a favorite now :(

although i do like mostly all of the allies

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 PM

I love the Hetalia comics!
I love all the characters but my fav. pairing is probably Germany and Italy lol
and I agree with America/England- they are pretty funny::
I still haven't had a chance to watch the anime ><

TempusBliss
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2009, 05:29 PM

Heh. I've heard of the series and when I started to read the translated scans it gave me a few giggles (possibly because it uses actual historical facts in the jokes). Character-wise, I'm a fan of Russia, Belarus, Cuba, etc.

Also, UK needs better tatics in taking out Germany (Russia unknowingly sat in the cursed chair he brought and it broke).

Rennakins
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Rennakins

Old 05-18-2009, 12:15 AM

Sorry to reply to this thread like, forever later.

I adore Hetalia. <3 It's my absolute favorite... and drawing fanart for it is pretty much the reason why I exist haha...

xNedra_the_Red_Dragonx
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2009, 04:08 AM

I absolutely love this anime. >w< My friend says that Italy and I have the same exact personality. We're twins. xD

AkanePeregrinus
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 AM

I love both the original comics and the anime! I found this fandom like, right after I finished my three main collage history courses, so it was prefect timing for me to still remember a lot of historical stuff which made the comics and anime even more enjoyable.

The way the countries are humanized is awesome, weird and hilarious all at once. XD
Especially the parodies on both past and present events/attitudes and even silly stereotypes of the different parts of the world. X3
lol like, how only England can see magical creatures ( lol the unicorn XD;; ) The US is completely obsessed with hamburgers and Russia stalking China in his panda disguise...

Anyway...lol I hope that this series lasts for a long time despite some of the controversy, because it is just too much fun! X3

Rolling Box
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-14-2009, 11:44 AM

I fell immediately in love with the comics and the anime :3

Radioactive Imaginer
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-17-2009, 04:57 AM

Hetalia is awesome! I've only watched one episode, and have read some of it. But I absolutely love Russia!!! :D

Heruuna
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-17-2009, 10:58 AM

I've wanted to check into Axis Powers Hetalia, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
Looks really whacky and interesting, though.

Saph
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-19-2009, 04:52 PM

I just started watching Hetalia very recently. So far, my favorite is Italy. ^___^
It seems like it's getting very popular lately!

pachi
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-24-2009, 03:31 PM

X'D
i got into the series a month ago.

my favourite characters would have to be greece, turkey and russia. ♥
and pairings? greece/turkey and china/russia.

edit: i just made an APH group, as i couldn't find any...
please join...! xD

Last edited by pachi; 06-25-2009 at 09:17 PM..

AyaNinja

Old 07-23-2009, 01:18 PM

Ahhhh~<3

I love Hetalia~
I clicked a wrong link by mistake, I must say. One of the best mistakes I have made ever! I even got one of my friends into it~

Hmm, my fave characters have to be. Germany,N.&S. Italy,Prussia,Russia,England,America and I cant be forgetting Canada can i now? ;^; Kolkolkol. oAo
Ahahaha. I'm a Hetalia-nerd :B

Elsa Shawcross
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Elsa Shawcross Send a message via Yahoo to Elsa Shawcross

Old 08-01-2009, 05:33 PM

I LOVE AXIS POWERS HETALIA!!! XD

One epic word: PASTAAAAAAAA~!!!! XD

My friend in high school got me addicted to it, and I made my college friends addicted to it, and now we're planning a group cosplay next year... XD

(edit: I'll cosplay as... *dead giveaway* AUSTRIA!!! XD *shot*)

My favorite characters in order of preference:

AUSTRIA!! 8D
Germany
Prussia
North Italy
England
Russia
South Italy
America
Hungary
Spain
Japan
France
Canada

... and many more! 8D

Favorite yaoi pairings:

Germany x Prussia
Germany x N. Italy
Prussia x Austria
Germany x Austria
Spain x S. Italy
S. Italy x N. Italy (ITACEST! 8D)
America x England (because England is tsundere for America 8D )
Austria x Switzerland
Russia x China
France x Canada

... and there are just way too much pairings that I know! XD *shot*

EPIC THREESOME (for me): Prussia x Germany x Austria
(I just gotta love the German race! XD )

Oh, and check these out... it's Candyland! 8D

Extra Stories
Character Intro
Hetalia Wikia

*fangirl mode* *shot*

Last edited by Elsa Shawcross; 08-01-2009 at 05:35 PM..

Haguruma
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Haguruma Send a message via MSN to Haguruma

Old 08-03-2009, 12:04 AM

I haven't actually seen the anime, but I've played around with my friends as France. xD; GO FRANCE/PRUSSIA MAN-BABIES! WOOHOO! *is shot*

Bane Rie
The Mad Writer
Send a message via MSN to Bane Rie Send a message via Yahoo to Bane Rie

Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 AM

I MUST remember to finish watching this anime! I completely forgot about it for a while.

I love Canada the most, but I have NO IDEA why... I like almost all the characters. Especially England, America, Korea, and France. The rest are just regular like.

And if they are almost all men... how where they BORN? ... Please ignore the m-preg implications if you don't like that stuff (But I do!).

T H O R N
Oh Baby
Send a message via AIM to T H O R N

Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM

I absolutely love Hetlia!

My favorite pairing of all time is Romano x Spain <3
Then it goes
Greece x Turkey
Sweden x Finland
America x England
Germany x Italy
Switzerland x Liechtenstien (what is this hetero foolishness!)
Austria x Hungary (and again!)

And then there's the Bad Touch Trio x everyone

Me and my friend run around as Spain and Romano cosplayers hur hur

Kuuki
Send a message via MSN to Kuuki

Old 08-03-2009, 07:11 PM

I'm a fan! And I'm an history geek anyway so that explains things

My favourite are : Arthur (UK), Francis (France, obviously), Ludwig (Germany) and Kiku (Japan, but that's mostly because his seiyuu is Hiroki Takahashi XD)

frogmasterofthefunk
*^_^*

Old 08-03-2009, 11:54 PM

Hetalia is my favorite anime at the moment.
My favorite characters are Greece, Russia, Prussia, and North Italy.

Bumblebee
Formerly known as Robin-chan

Old 08-04-2009, 07:03 PM

Hetalia makes me giggle, especially when I read about how other countries *cough*korea*cough* get pissed off about it. Can't people take a joke?

It's hard to keep up with the anime (trying to read all the subtitles at once), but I still love watching it. Italia is so adorable, and I love Germany. I need to watch more of these, especially since I found a good site that had a whole bunch of episodes.

I laughed so hard when they showed America, because other characters were trying to understand him but he kept eating while talking, and England was getting pissed.

Did I mention that I simply ADORE the ending theme music? It's fun to sing, and it's so upbeat and cute!

Elsa Shawcross
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Elsa Shawcross Send a message via Yahoo to Elsa Shawcross

Old 08-05-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin-chan View Post
Hetalia makes me giggle, especially when I read about how other countries *cough*korea*cough* get pissed off about it. Can't people take a joke?

...Did I mention that I simply ADORE the ending theme music? It's fun to sing, and it's so upbeat and cute!

Yeah, Korea banned APH just because of being factual yet stereotypical. Apparently, Korea's "boss" had no sense of humor... XD

As for the ending music, I have the original version, Germany's, Japan's England's, America's, and France's versions... Different lyrics, different instrumentals. XD

And there are also character songs. :D

I love Romano's tomato song and Ludwig's Einsamkeit. 8D

BTW, LiveJournal has a Hetalia Community, and it's epic! 8D

Here

Bumblebee
Formerly known as Robin-chan

Old 08-05-2009, 05:48 PM

I didn't know there was different ending music. o 3o I wanna hear it now.

Satrika-Chan
Koinu

Old 08-07-2009, 04:58 PM

So, does anybody watch Hetalia? Its a really good anime and im addicted to it. its hilarious ^^ If you watch it, who do u like on it? I like russia,america,china,japan, and italy

Nel Tu

Old 08-07-2009, 05:01 PM

I've watched Hetalia. My favorite characters are Germany, Italy, America, and Japan. It's a really good series, in my opinion. I just wish the episodes were longer, or that there were more episodes.

Satrika-Chan
Koinu

Old 08-07-2009, 05:04 PM

but on the bright side, they started a second season and a new episode comes out every monday instead of taking months to make a new episode.