Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-17-2007, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretdae007
I've actually heard a lot about this show/manga and have yet to watch/read it. Should I try to get a hold of the tv episodes or the manga first? (though I think most will say manga xD )
I manga has more stuff, so I would say the manga, but some of the anime stuff is lucky (just there is less)

Lady Star
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Lady Star

Old 03-18-2007, 05:43 PM

The Ouran manga brings out the characters much better. At least with this series you your read the manga first and then watch the anime.

chipyun
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-18-2007, 06:20 PM

XD I've seen the anime and I love it! I want to read the manga though~
I like Mori the best X'''D

Nickle4aPickle
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Nickle4aPickle

Old 03-20-2007, 05:25 PM

Ouran is my most fave anime & manga series to date. =D I have all the manga that are out in the US so far, & I've seen the entire anime series on youtube. I nearly cried when it was over. T^T I never want it to end!!! XD;

I cosplay as Haruhi (though I look like Kyouya cuz of my glasses! XD)~! And my bf will be Tamaki at the next 2 anime cons we go to~! (Tekkoshocon near Pittsburg, & Anime North in Toronto) *dances* I also have a friend who will be Kyouya at Anime North with us!

Here are pics of my Haruhi costume! =D

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 03-20-2007, 07:29 PM

Great cosplay! You should post at the Ouran comunity at LJ. Probably you'll meet more cosplayers for the cons.

*looks at your picture(icon)* I've seen you before... do you go to Gaia? If so, did you meet NoFlutter at a con recently? I think I saw you with her in a picture not too long ago *wonders*

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 03-20-2007, 07:33 PM

lol, just looked at your siggy and answered my first question.

I've enver cosplayed before. Here there aren't many people into anime/manga so the only time I could cosplay would be on halloween but that's something that we don't celebrate much here either. But I would like to cosplay a female Ouran student. The uniform ish so cute ^^

Nickle4aPickle
*^_^*

Old 03-20-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Star
lol, just looked at your siggy and answered my first question.

I've enver cosplayed before. Here there aren't many people into anime/manga so the only time I could cosplay would be on halloween but that's something that we don't celebrate much here either. But I would like to cosplay a female Ouran student. The uniform ish so cute ^^
Cosplaying is sssooo much fun~! ^^ Just pretending to be your character for the day gives you a break from reality. :3

Mmm... I don't remember ever seeing the name you mentioned before... sorry...

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 03-20-2007, 08:46 PM

I would love to go to a con either on the US or Canada. And if I ever do I'll be sure to cosplay.

[ morph ]
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-20-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle4aPickle
Ouran is my most fave anime & manga series to date. =D I have all the manga that are out in the US so far, & I've seen the entire anime series on youtube. I nearly cried when it was over. T^T I never want it to end!!! XD;

I cosplay as Haruhi (though I look like Kyouya cuz of my glasses! XD)~! And my bf will be Tamaki at the next 2 anime cons we go to~! (Tekkoshocon near Pittsburg, & Anime North in Toronto) *dances* I also have a friend who will be Kyouya at Anime North with us!

Here are pics of my Haruhi costume! =D
yup so is mine
i'd cosplay hunny cause im short & i have short blonde hair..... now ill need is a pink bunny [ planning to make that... >.<' ] and the uniform. *sigh* i dont know how im going to get a jacket in that blue color....

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 03-20-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ morph
]yup so is mine
i'd cosplay hunny cause im short & i have short blonde hair..... now ill need is a pink bunny [ planning to make that... >.<' ] and the uniform. *sigh* i dont know how im going to get a jacket in that blue color....
Did you checked on e-bay? There are some good Ouran uniforms there.

[ morph ]
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-20-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
]yup so is mine
yeah but my dad wont let me buy anything from ebay [ damn it! ] :? so either i make it myself or something else.......

minty
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to minty Send a message via MSN to minty

Old 03-21-2007, 06:14 AM

Yes, I LOOOOOVE Ouran!!! :3 One of my favorites for sure.

Nekuyo
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Nekuyo Send a message via Yahoo to Nekuyo

Old 03-21-2007, 10:38 AM

SQUEE!! I love Ouran Host Club!
It's so cute, it has everything that the fangirl in me could want.

Nickle4aPickle
*^_^*

Old 03-21-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
]
Quote:
Quote:
]yup so is mine
yeah but my dad wont let me buy anything from ebay [ damn it! ] :? so either i make it myself or something else.......
Check your local Salvation Army or other thrift store - that's where I found mine! ^^

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
]yeah but my dad wont let me buy anything from ebay [ damn it! ] :? so either i make it myself or something else.......
Check your local Salvation Army or other thrift store - that's where I found mine! ^^
That sucks but Nickle's suggestion is good. I know you'll find it somewhere ^^

Last edited by fiarra; 11-04-2010 at 12:06 AM..

[ morph ]
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2007, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
]
Quote:
Quote:
]yup so is mine
yeah thats what im planning to do [ atleast for the jacket cause thats the only hard part of this. ] and i've got a plan to make my own bunny *yay* now just to learn how to sew a bit -.-''

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 03-24-2007, 05:57 AM

I loooove OHSHC. Have all 8 U.S. mangas that are released. Waiting for 9 to come out and Kyouya's my favorite host. Matter of fact my friends and I matched ourselves to the HC members and I turned out to be Honey (apparently I'm the same height & age as him...no comments please). My "sister/best friend" is my Mori and we've got a Tamaki, Renge, and a slew of Kyouyas. After that, I have no idea who's who anymore but I love it nonetheless.

Eclaire Tonnerre is one of my favorite characters. She may be evil but she also reminds me of Quistis Trepe of FFVIII (that's irrelevant though).

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-24-2007, 09:47 PM

Loved, LOVED this series. X3 A friend linked me on youtube insisting it was funny and I should watch, finished the entire series in 24 hours. xD;; Then addicted every friend I could. I have the first issue of the manga as well, having a hard time finding more if it, though. D:

Haha, I am a real life Tamaki to the bone, including the random french outbursts. xD;

Normally 'm definitely not into mainstream fads, and seeing everyone everywhere post about how they loved this series, I had settled myself in not watching it. How wrong I was.

it went to be my number one favourite, within about 5 episodes. Highly recommended to anyone I can find to recommend it to.

I was never able to pick a full on favourite, as I loved everyone. Even minor characters, and even Eclaire. o_O; The only exception was Tamaki's grandmother. D<

Ama
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-28-2007, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliechan
I've read about 5 volumes of the manga and only 1 ep of the anime, but i really luff this one a lot! A good friend recommended it to me, it has so much wrongness that it's hilarious and fun!

I've also been trying to get my friends to read it, but they don't read much manga to begin with are are slightly shounen-ai-phobic. the poor deprived peoples missing out on such fun...
I'm a good friend!! YAY!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I looooove this anime. Did any of you know that they're working on an Ouran dating sim game? I soooooooooo hope they bring it over to North America so I can play it. If not, I'll just have to move to Japan. :D

[ morph ]
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-31-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliechan
I've read about 5 volumes of the manga and only 1 ep of the anime, but i really luff this one a lot! A good friend recommended it to me, it has so much wrongness that it's hilarious and fun!

I've also been trying to get my friends to read it, but they don't read much manga to begin with are are slightly shounen-ai-phobic. the poor deprived peoples missing out on such fun...
I'm a good friend!! YAY!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I looooove this anime. Did any of you know that they're working on an Ouran dating sim game? I soooooooooo hope they bring it over to North America so I can play it. If not, I'll just have to move to Japan. :D
yeah i knew that but dating games never come over to north america. [ gr ] but you can still get it as an import but you need to have some special software to read the disc for the US ps2 [ the one in japan is different in some way. i dont know how but it is *shrugs* ] also its going to be written in japanese [ i cant read japanese yet :? ]

Ama
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-01-2007, 12:04 AM

I just hope it'll get translated or become available in some way. :D

*works on Renge cosplay*

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 04-01-2007, 02:33 AM

The game sounds interesting. But like many anime/manga related games they don't come out to america.

Ama
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-01-2007, 02:43 AM

Quote:
The game sounds interesting. But like many anime/manga related games they don't come out to america.
*cries*

Nuuuuuuu! Why!?

Cruel fate... and lack of Japanese citizenship...

[ morph ]
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 11:28 PM

yes i know ~ i wish the game would come to the US but its most likly not going to :( .

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-03-2007, 01:34 AM

You could always buy the game and not know what they're saying. ^^;;; Or you grab someone who knows Japanese and have them translate to you while playing.