Old 03-30-2007, 02:16 AM

Pokemon?
Inuyasha?
Dragon Ball Z?
Sailor Moon?
Tenchi Muyo?
Outlaw star?
or something even further back?

I remember dragon ball z...and pokemon XD i didn't even know what anime WAS but i loved it.....

then i saw tenchi and fell in love. haven't seen it in years...
Inuyasha had to have been my first manga....

what about you? what was your first?

Wisty
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Wisty

Old 03-30-2007, 02:31 AM

Pokemonnnnn.. duh. XD 'nd Sailormoon. I was introduced to those via friends, the rest were discovered myself through tv. (when toonami actually showed good stuff *_*). And I guess I have to thanks foxkids for digimon. XD

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-30-2007, 03:10 AM

• Blah... I saw Pokemon first but I didn't really like the show much.

The stuff that got me hooked was:
    Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam Wing, Digimon and... Tenchi.

As far as Manga goes it was Magic Knight Rayearth.
    ^^

Folken
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-30-2007, 05:50 AM

Samurai Pizza Cats. Though I'm not certain if they were classified as anime or not.
Otherwise, Transformers or Thundercats.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-30-2007, 05:51 AM

Pokemon was the first show I knew was an anime, but my first anime was either Kimba the White Lion or Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (better known as "Ronin Warriors"). Maybe Unico. I can't really remember.

Then was Dragon Ball and then Sailor Moon.

Asham
*^_^*

Old 03-30-2007, 06:15 AM

Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, and Ranma 1/2. <333 I was instantly hooked onto anime because of them. And, um, I don't remember my first manga. x''''D

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-30-2007, 06:45 AM

For anime, it was Dragon Ball.
For manga, it was Gunnm and I still love that comic ^^ I like the characters Gally and was so happy when he decided to do another ending. Zech is great ^^

fishnet
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2007, 07:12 AM

Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Dragonball Z. X3 My early loves! I think my first manga was Cardcaptor Sakura, around the time when I first viewed the deplorable dub of the anime and thought, "There's got to be more to it than this."

Totoro was technically my first, if movies count. My Neighbor Totoro must've been... kindergarten? Ages ago, anyway. ^^ Who doesn't love Totoro?

Lennifer
*^_^*

Old 03-30-2007, 03:30 PM

• Sailor Moon and Dragonball <3

Old time love x) I used to Love Dragonball <3 I was watchng sailor moon when I was like 6 or something even earlier x) and Dragonball a year later or so <3

Although, i really got into anime(and subsequently manga) When I started watching hamtaro...(xP) and Rave Master ^^ (as it was dubbed x) I soon found out it was called Rave Groove Adventure? or something like that)

Manga wise, I can't remember, I think it was possibly Sailor moon as well (meh?) But More recently. (couple of years ago) The first Manga I really got into was Fruits Basket. (XP) And after that Angel Sanctuary(<3) ^^

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-30-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folken
Samurai Pizza Cats. Though I'm not certain if they were classified as anime or not.
Otherwise, Transformers or Thundercats.
dude i watched thundercats *_* ....way way back....

samurai pizza cats? XD

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-30-2007, 08:47 PM

first manga i was introduced to was "Kodocha" actually long before it was released in the USA. my Korean friend would sit with me every day and read it to me, and i would just stare at the images for a long time ^^;;

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 PM

Wow... first anime I actually remember watching was... back in 1988-1989. It was "Future boy: Conan" in Arabic! XD;; I understand nothing of the language, but I just figured out with the action and the movements hahah. Aww... such good times. Pretty much, all my life, I've been exposed to anime and Japanese live-action stuff. I was exposed to Kamen Rider Rx around 1992ish lol. Doraemon will forever have my love~ Dragonball (before Z), the manga hahah... I used to hate it so much, but I don't know, it was just so funny XD <3 Goku was too cute for his own good hahah. And then they all grew up and got all serious TTATT

I didn't really "obsess" over anime/manga until after Sailormoon though. I've always liked watching anime, but I didn't really seek out for it because it was almost always available anyway. In the U.S., back in the 1995-1996 era, anime wasn't widely available on T.V. XD; So sailormoon was the way to go for me. Dragonball Z back then was... horrible. I mean, they only did so many episodes dubbed that they kept on repeating episodes hahah.

I don't obsess over anime nor manga anymore. I still love manga over anime XD; but yeah, not so much "consumption" anymore.

saraistarr
Send a message via Yahoo to saraistarr

Old 03-30-2007, 11:06 PM

Pokemon, duh. ;) Actually I might've watched Sailor Moon before that, but I was really obsessed with Pokemon.

After that, like 7 years later, Cardcaptor Sakura (which I'd watched in second grade too, that crappy Cardcaptors dub) was my first good fansubbed anime. :D

Man
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-31-2007, 09:15 AM

The first anime thing I ever saw was probably My Neighbor Totoro and Sailor Moon. xD The first manga I've ever read was Tokyo Mew Mew.

mai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-31-2007, 09:15 AM

doraemon ;_; though I'm not even sure that is my first ever manga, but probably close enough. that and ikkyusan for anime? maybe something older hmmm... (I start reading/watching when I was really young XD been a long time!)

I remember watching Samurai Pizza Cats, but never read it before.

Mnyonywaji
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2007, 10:27 AM

hm. I think it would be Pokemon! gosh. But I didn't get involved in m&a topic because of them....

...but because of, hm, Fruits Basket, right! My friend showed me that anime, just before showing some episodes from Gravitation ^^ and she continiued complaining, that they are censored ==

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-31-2007, 05:39 PM

• I believe my list of ones I used to really go out of my way to watch after finding them on TV was:
    Pokemon -> Sailor Moon -> DBZ -> Tenchi Muyo -> Outlaw Star.

Ancasta
(¬º-°)¬

Old 03-31-2007, 07:23 PM

Deleted because I answered the thread twice, and my second reply is more in-depth. :oops:

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-31-2007, 08:39 PM

Oh! Oh! I forgot Mach Racer and Astroboy. ^__^

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-01-2007, 01:45 AM

I stared as a wee child of 8 with my dad watching Akira and Vampire Hunter D (yeah I know not good anime for small children but whatever) and then when I was about 12 I started watching Sailor Moon when it would come on and reading Card Captor Sakura.

Doofus Soda
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-01-2007, 07:13 AM

• My first manga was Rave Master. That's the whole reason I started reading manga.
    I didn't even know that Pokemon was an 'anime' when I started watching it at a young age. :B

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-01-2007, 07:35 AM

When I was 6, it was all about the Sailor Moon. Then I forgot about it for years. I never even knew it was anime at the time.

But then came the glory of Toonami and some of its earliest anime runs. Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, more Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Dragonball... I got hooked on that, and that is what forever corrupted me.

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 PM

The first manga i ever read was Pokemon. I got a free one when i bought a whole mess of booster packs a long time ago and i got addicted after that.

First anime was sailor moon though. I cant believe i ever watched the horrible HORRIBLE dubbed version. It makes my ears bleed now. :lol:

Darkie
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-01-2007, 09:02 PM

Sailor Moon, when I was five. XD
Omg, I didn't even remember until now. My friends and I used to love pretending we were the Sailor Moon characters. XD

Angeltsukistar
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 04-01-2007, 11:59 PM

The first anime I watched was Sailor Moon and then Tenshi Muyo, my first manga was Petshop of Horrors