violetkitty
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to violetkitty

Old 02-15-2010, 11:07 PM

i prefer sailor moon in japaneese because it is sooo much funnier that way but i prefer fruits basket in english because i tried watching it in japaneese and it bored me:yumeh2:

Parasitic Panda
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-16-2010, 10:27 PM

Sometimes I think it all depends on which version I have seen first. If I have seen the anime with original Japanese voices I tend to continue to follow it with the original voice cast. Its not to say that I dislike the dubs because there are many that I love to watch with the english voice casts. For instance I think that FMA has a great dub cast, so does Hellsing, Generator Gawl, and Saiyuki. But when it comes to shows like Naruto and Bleach, I find that I can only watch those shows in Japanese.

Ryuujadie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-22-2010, 10:53 PM

I prefer to watch the Japanese verisons (english sub). Whenever I watch the English verisons, the voices just sound off.

Miserine
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2010, 06:57 AM

I like watching all anime in Japanese except for Dragon Ball Z because Goku's voice is just awful. There are other animes that I enjoy in English as well but I usually prefer the Japanese.

Tanaie

Old 02-24-2010, 11:28 PM

Japanese. Always Japanese.
I don't tend to trust the translation for english. :/
Not to mention it doesn't tend to sound as good.

The only dubbing that I liked was for Death Note. That one was pretty decent.
...But even then...I still liked it in Japanese more.

Eclipse-Ookami
I am Me!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 AM

I like fruits basket in japanese

also gravitation but that is because i dont think it was dubbed but ok i think sukisyo is the same thing

MYSTICALAirah
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2010, 03:35 PM

I totally love the way it is, Japanese. I love hearing the anime in form of their original language. The emotions they put into is one thing that could catch my eyes, especially the emotional part. However, i also like to have a japanese anime in English dub. The reason is, I can do my other stuff even though I could not see it but importantly i can hear it while doing something.

akhmonster
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2010, 11:23 PM

for me it depends on which i heard it in first like i saw fma in english i don't like it in japanese and the reverse for many anime i have seen online

Huffie
Sa Tonkiki, sa Tonkinoise~

Old 02-26-2010, 10:12 PM

In depends for me; sometimes the dubs are really quite good (like a lot of the Disney dubs of Ghibli movies, and some funimation stuff), but more often than not they're pretty atrotious due to bad acting. :XD Even if the dubbing is kind of alright, sometimes I feel uncomfortable watching them because I've not thought of the characters as American when I read their dialogue in the manga or when I think of the character in general. My default position is defintely subbed.

I think if there was a really good British dubbing company that was in operation and dubbing series that I watch I would prefer dubbed for sure though. :mrgreen:

Tropical Snowstorm
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Tropical Snowstorm

Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 PM

I watched Full Metal Alchemist in English... And Azumanga Daioh. Those are the only two I can think of. The English dub of Inuyasha was okay, too. But the rest I watch in Japanese.

EDIT: I just remembered that I watched the entire Chobits series in English without cringing as well.

banvinohime

Old 03-05-2010, 01:06 AM

There are few anime I can tolerate in english. I did enjoy Gundam SEED and Furuba in english though. Furuba in Japanese annoys me because Yuki sounds TOO feminine v_v;;;

Tokai_Hara
Tokai_Hara

Old 03-05-2010, 02:46 AM

I prefer to watch in the Original Japanese because I feel that's how it was meant to be heard. But some of the dubbing I've watched is just awful. I cannot watch Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children in English, it's awful.

Eclipse-Ookami
I am Me!

Old 03-05-2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banvinohime View Post
There are few anime I can tolerate in english. I did enjoy Gundam SEED and Furuba in english though. Furuba in Japanese annoys me because Yuki sounds TOO feminine v_v;;;
I understand what you mean about furuba but when i started watching it i coudl only find it in japanese so thats why but i like it in english to

rikapyon

Old 03-06-2010, 02:23 AM

OMG ENGLISH DUBBED ANIME SUCKS BALLS.
this is coming from someone who speaks Japanese.
yeah, subtitles can be humbug to read, but the voices are always better with the original seiyuu actors

Kianna de`Loincourt

Old 06-26-2010, 04:08 AM

It depends on how I see it first. Like I can't watch Gundam Wing in Japanese because I saw it in English first. Now I can't watch both seasons of Code Geass in English because I saw it in Japanese first.

Caitlin

Old 06-27-2010, 05:10 PM

(^_^) I prefer a choice, when I buy a DVD or a blue ray version of an anime: I'd like there to be both options. Sometimes the english characters are just as good, other times not, sometimes you don't get the jokes like the different dialect of Japanese while in english everyone sounds the same. It all depends on what I'm watching and what the series is, but most of the time I watched one with subtitles, you really see how they imagined the characters and it might be radically different than the english one.

neechee
咬み殺す...
Send a message via AIM to neechee Send a message via MSN to neechee

Old 06-28-2010, 10:56 PM

i really hate dubs . why do we have to see anything dubbed if the japanese voice actors are so good *-*
also , subtitles are always better . it can help you learn japanese (: and for me , it helps me improving
my english too .

TheBlackCage
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-03-2010, 12:08 AM

I really prefer anime in Japanese. Ive seen some in swedish and some in english and I greatly disliked both. The voices were so unfitting and often overdone that it was just ridiculous.
So yeah, Japanese all the way for me xD