Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 PM

I have the soundtrack to Mass Effect Three. It's pretty epic for studying/writing to.

deog

Old 12-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Video game music is goodly made, …i think is because they are really perfectionist on what they want us to hear and to feel, in the exact moment that is happening something and the background music creates a banlance ..i dont know i know is epic….:)

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-27-2012, 05:22 PM

Music always sets the mood in most games. The music in Lunar Silver Story is great... I like Luna's Boat Song and the main theme they call Wings. Lunar 2 Eternal Blue had several good tunes on it as well and let's not forget Grandia II
that game's music to me was epic and so was Skies of Arcadia.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 12-30-2012, 12:44 AM

I like most game's music, League of Legends has some really nice music and Pokemon does too in places. A really good game/soundtrack is Bastion. If you don't know of it, it's a really nice indie game.
Bastion Soundtrack - Setting Sail, Coming Home (End Theme) - YouTube
I love this song so much.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 PM

Hmm...I like Skyrim's soundtrack as well..but my favorite overall would still have to be Shadow of Colossus "The Opened Way". Just too epic. And for an indie-horror game, Ib's soundtrack sets just the right mood.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-01-2013, 11:21 PM

Yes all of those have some very nice qualities to each game respectively. I think video game music has a way of motivating me to do somethings. It's really kind of weird how a battle theme or a relaxing or a theme of intrigue can motivate me. So I like to listen to them as I have downloaded quite a few into my I-pod

JChanOfTheCan
Gingernuts

Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 AM

this track brings tears to my eyes everytime! :') the memories! sometimes i would sit in the demon doors for hours listening to this. xD

Fable: Temple of Light Piano - YouTube

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-06-2013, 06:06 PM

That temple of light piano is a nice melancholy tune! It is quite pretty, now you got me liking it too!! ;)

CrossHatch
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 PM

I've always loved the soundtrack to Silent Hill 3! Very eerie, disturbing, and perfect for the theme of the game! And also, I can't ever remember the woman who sings most of the songs, but her voice is really pretty! I also agree that the songs on Skyrim were pretty cool.

Though I have to say honestly, I don't always pay much attention to the songs a lot of the time while playing a game. :/ But still.. it is quite good music most of the time!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-09-2013, 11:46 PM

I love Legend of Zelda music~ = w= Ones I particularly like are Agitha's Castle from Twilight Princess and Graaandma from Wind Waker.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-06-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossHatch View Post
I've always loved the soundtrack to Silent Hill 3! Very eerie, disturbing, and perfect for the theme of the game! And also, I can't ever remember the woman who sings most of the songs, but her voice is really pretty! I also agree that the songs on Skyrim were pretty cool.

Though I have to say honestly, I don't always pay much attention to the songs a lot of the time while playing a game. :/ But still.. it is quite good music most of the time!
I haven't played Silent Hill Three so I really cannot comment until I go on youtube and have a listen at it. The songs on Skyrim are definitely masterpieces as far as I am concerned.

Music in the game for the most part is just supposed to be background to enhance the game experience, but if you play it enough some of the tunes gain a bit of endearing likeness about them which make some of them unforgettable.

@Kent - I really like Legend of Zelda NES themes and Adventure of Link NES them in the palace. Also I think Link to the Past which was for the SNES had quite some really awesome tunes. That's actually one of my favorite games of the series. All of them are very enjoyable games with very memorable tunes for sure!!

the magnificent muffin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-07-2013, 05:15 AM

that soul blade intro and gran turisimo 2 intro. but some of the best game music was on the playstation

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 PM

@Kole - I should listen to more old Zelda music. X3
I bet they're a bit like the old Final Fantasy music. I've been playing Final Fantasy Theatrhythm and I love the beats of the music from FF1 and FF2. X3 <3

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 AM

You mean the game where its about the final fantasy music?
If so I would have never thought to get that game since it's mainly just an interface to listen to the music on.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 PM

Yes. I love it. I love listening to the music while tapping the touch screen. It's like DDR. X3

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-09-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Yes. I love it. I love listening to the music while tapping the touch screen. It's like DDR. X3
I agree, I just love how the music of a game can really add depth and dimension making it more emotional and thus making the gaming experience a memorable one.
Sometimes yes the upbeat tunes they compose can get you more into the spirit of the game which is totally awesome.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 PM

Yeah, like when you're battling a boss. The music always gets me very hyped up and nervous. XD

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 AM

I listen to boss and battle themes all the time... they get me really psyched up. It's really amazing just how much they really can bring you up! I like the Battle themes from the Skies of Arcadia.. most Final Fantasies, Grandia series, not sure if you have heard of that game... it was for the Play Station Two.... it was a great series but the first Grandia was for the Play Station One.... There was Two, Three, and Grandia Xtreme which was basically just a long dungeon crawl type of game... for the hard core fan of the series...

By the way, I like what you did with your avatar with the yellow and the red theme going on making you look like a fire affiliated character lol!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-11-2013, 11:44 PM

They always make my heart race. X3 I've heard of Grandia, but I've never played it. O: It's an RPG?

Oh, thanks~ I'm working on it for my Project Mene entry, actually. XD It's supposed to look like it was made out of yellow, red, and blue play-doh. Still playing around with it. Not sure if I want so much yellow.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
They always make my heart race. X3 I've heard of Grandia, but I've never played it. O: It's an RPG?

Oh, thanks~ I'm working on it for my Project Mene entry, actually. XD It's supposed to look like it was made out of yellow, red, and blue play-doh. Still playing around with it. Not sure if I want so much yellow.
Yes the Grandia series is a role playing game... there are four games that I know of. The first one is really good even though I never actually finished it. The second one in my opinion is the best and seems to have the most memorable storyline in my humble honest opinion lol...

Grandia three is fairly good where it has a nice line of characters and has an interesting storyline.

Grandia Xtreme is a long dungeon crawl style game with a bunch of characters which is pretty cool considering that it probably has the most amount of playable characters in it than in all of the Grandia series games.

You want your avatar to look like you made it out of playdough? That's a unique idea.... I'm sure you will find the look you are looking for to make it look the way you want it to hehehehehehe!!!

Yea the music in those games especially in the second game is epic!
Also don't forget Skies of Arcadia... lovely game with lovely music!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 AM

Oh man, I came accross this today. It's not so much video game music as music inspired by a video game, but...

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 AM

Wow Bearzy that sounds really intense... and a bit on the anxious side... interesting piece of music to say the least and like the robot ship. Sci-fi always makes things a bit more bizarre and interesting heheheheheh!

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-12-2013, 08:41 PM

HELL YEAH SKIES OF ARCADIA

Mimmu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-12-2013, 08:51 PM

I have Alice Madness Returns -soundtrack album on my phone. It's truly awesome

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post
HELL YEAH SKIES OF ARCADIA
I love the tracks from the Skies of Arcadia! A true masterpiece in my humble opinion! I really loved the game, I got the one on gamecube which was a bit more difficult with more content in it. I just wished there were more playable characters than the six they allow you to play as.

@Mimmu - I'm not familiar with that game, Alice Madness Returns?