Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-02-2018, 03:09 AM

You did owe me buck or two, didn't ya?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-02-2018, 07:02 AM

checks in the mail =3

What would be the first thong you would do or buy?

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-03-2018, 08:09 AM

I would look for and buy a nice, comfortable house...
Then I would seek out a good dentist for Sarah and book an operating room so she could get her teeth fixed.
Then I would probably like to buy some clothes.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-03-2018, 05:06 PM

HOOKERS AND BLOW.

Okay, not really.

To be honest, I dunno what I'd do. I'd prolly gift my friends game time in FF XIV, or copies of the game and game time for those who don't already have it, to start.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-03-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
I would look for and buy a nice, comfortable house...
Then I would seek out a good dentist for Sarah and book an operating room so she could get her teeth fixed.
Then I would probably like to buy some clothes.

I totally loved that *BIG TIGHT HUG*

---------- Post added 05-03-2018 at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsenmark View Post
HOOKERS AND BLOW.

Okay, not really.

To be honest, I dunno what I'd do. I'd prolly gift my friends game time in FF XIV, or copies of the game and game time for those who don't already have it, to start.

That's a good start but what about for you

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-04-2018, 03:54 AM

Oh, I'd get myself a years' worth of game time, for starters.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-05-2018, 05:21 AM

And what next?

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-05-2018, 06:41 AM

In my wildest, most selfish, and lavish fantasy, I would purchase a large tract of land and build my own small town. I would own every building, business, and house. I would only allow people whom I knew were decent folks to live and work in my town.

I would build a river resort, a town store bigger and better than Walmart, my employees would be very well paid, and there would be a large mechanics garage complimented by an auto body shop that was free to town residents, friends, and associates.

With all this, one might as well have a top notch hospital, dentist's office, and optometrist office, too. A small airport would be also be cool. There would also be a restaurant so large that it would have a grand buffet with American, Chinese, Italian, and Mexican cuisine. And lots of desserts.

I'm sure I forgot some stuff, but something I would not have in my town is a damnable railroad. I never could understand railroad lines that run through a town or city. That nuisance should be relegated to an industrial complex on the outskirts of town.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 05-14-2018 at 08:40 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-11-2018, 06:18 PM

It sounds like it would be a nice little town. And what should we name this town WrongVille USA?

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-12-2018, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

It sounds like it would be a nice little town. And what should we name this town WrongVille USA?
I actually have not given thought to a name.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-13-2018, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
I actually have not given thought to a name.

It could be wrong turn, USA

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-13-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

It could be wrong turn, USA
I had a female friend on another chat site and she called me every name in the book: Wrongly, Wronger, Wrong way, Wrongful, Wrong dude. She was fun. I miss her antics very much. 😖

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-13-2018, 02:58 PM

those are great nicknames for mr wrong

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 05-14-2018, 07:55 AM

It depends on how much I won really. 1 Million isn't the same as in was the 90s. Not at all good enough to retire any more :( My plans would change depending on how much I won. To make it last let's think. . .

If I won 1,000,000:

For others:

100K for my kiddo, for investing. I already got stuff for her school, so I'd like to see where she'd put it towards.
100K to mom and dad > 300K
25K to my sis. Enough for a down payment on a home...but I some how know it'll be spent on anime figures. > 375k
10k to my Nephew / Enough for a year of a technical or trade school. > 385k
250K to various Charities/including my old school > 635k (Give more than ya get in this life, it's important regardless of if you're religion on not!)

For me:

Hmm 365K left for me. . . This is not enough to have a "nice place" and move out of my family home, but investing wise, it's not to shabby.

I would buy a fancy mobile home and paint it a flashy glossy/sparkly midnight to icy blue fade with my art logo/website branded to the side of it. (car + house + self promo in one? BARGAIN!) XD 80-150K > 715-785

Pay for BFs class license (He never went in for trucking even though it's a better job than security *sigh*) because daddy raised me old school and I don't feel like I should ever drive with how bad my vision is. (I think it's about 10K in my province? If I remember correctly) 725-795 K

Basically I'd set up my traveling art gypsy business with no true risk to myself if I fail. :D Using the remaining 275- 205k to live off via an aggressive investments and savings plan.

Some of my investments would be:
  • Life time of rice for 4 people (So if I never have a "real" house and always live in my RV at least I won't starve)
  • A sexy new tablet I can do art directly on. A few servers for reasons.
  • Silver, gold and quartz. Quartz also for reasons. ;)
  • Company wise: Anything connected to Elon Musk, Phil Defranco or Blizzard Devs.

I would go harder with the plans I already have and then go with the flow of my creative whims. Camp out by Conventions, meet fellow fans then drive out to some gorgeous forested areas to work on my stuff and camp out under the stars with my bf. *dreams* it would be a good life.

Also I'd naturally tour Canada. And if/when my business takes off consider having another baby via adoption or finding a pretty sister wife that also lets me touch her bewbs. <3 Unicorns exist if you believe!

If I won 50 Million:

Basically the same as 1 million, I'd still want to have my travel RV/Art studio/home away from home. However things could be done on larger scale and I could actually buy land and travel more.

The land wouldn't strictly be my home either. I would want to create something fun for my nerdy people. A summer camp RP for adults with different themes and story lines every year. I know it sounds odd but I think it would be super fun. So my home would make me money and the property taxes wouldn't nom my fortune over time.

Again, go harder with no fears of having to go back and find a 9-5 or part time job at 60 like winning a million would.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-14-2018, 11:54 PM

Nephie~I I love how well thought-out that is. I also love that you start out with giving to family. I feel like that is so typical of you. I would love to see your RV. I think it's a stupendous idea to have that so you can travel around and work at conventions and festivals to promote your art. Oh and PS, you will not fail. You have a very unique Style and I for one absolutely love it. I have all the faith in the world in you!

So I'm adding to my list of things I want to do if I win a lot of money:buy Nephie and awesome RV

Zephi
Summer love

Old 07-25-2018, 11:10 AM

Awwww. Hummy. Still so sweet, still doing lotto's. Aren't you a doll.

Btw hummy, Easty is trying to start something but I dont remember if I had your IRL info (I'm thinking Indont but it doesnt hurt to ask). You are already active here but she is trying to bring people back to post more and get more traffic into mene. Is there something going on here? I imagine there's a lot of work going into the site without much input from the members. This place is being ghosted T.T

Hopefully that would change. Maybe talking about it will make something happen. Like making the site mobile friendly (which would be a ton of work but would probably get a lot more people on since folks are usually on mobile these days)

Anyway, how are you sweet hummy?

Last edited by Zephi; 07-25-2018 at 11:28 AM..

tehrin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to tehrin Send a message via MSN to tehrin

Old 07-28-2018, 01:16 AM

If we're talking millions:

I'd pay off my dad's house and get him a small modest little place closer to me that he can live in for now. I'd probably also get a new house, nothing insane but something nicer with room to grow. I don't really mind where I live now but I'd probably buy a place with larger property so I can have alpacas and goats. <3

I'd probably invest a portion or two so that I can continue to earn more.

Then I'd probably put a lot of money into developing games and doing the stuff I've always wanted to do, but limited by my knowledge, being a one-person show, and by my funds.

I'd also travel.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 07-29-2018, 06:30 PM

I think if I won the lottery,
I would most likely spend some of it on getting myself a condo.
I'd also buy my parents a house. And I'd use the rest of the money to support my acting workshops and classes :)
I'd also donate some to a rabbit shelter here in LA

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-01-2018, 05:23 PM

If I won the lottery I'd:

- Pay off my dad's house or do something with it so that he can sell it.
- Get him a place closer to me.
- Get myself a nicer house with room to grow for collections. The hubby probably wants some fancy cars so... I also want alpacas.
- Travel!
- Invest money into something that will continue to earn money. Rather than traditional investments, I'd probably invest it into my own creative projects, making games, animation/film or something cool. :)
- Do something to help people and animals in need.

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 08-02-2018, 05:44 AM

If I won the lottery? Unfortunately I'd have to make darn sure well I was kept strictly anonymous, because I've got family that WOULD take me to court to get the winnings taken from me. Not that I owe them money or anything but because, well, they'd want some of the winnings to settle their debts and don't give a rats rear behind how they get the money or who they'd hurt in the process. So there's that.

Outside of that, it all depends on how much I'd win. No mater the actual amount, I'd take the payout so that the taxes will be over and done with, and I wouldn't have to worry about it every year. Most of it would go into a retirement fund, so that I'd have something to fall back on, the rest would be to pay off my own debts, and I wouldn't have to worry about things.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-04-2018, 07:44 AM

I would take the payout too.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-14-2018, 01:32 PM

I would pay off my house, buy my driveway from the neighbors, fix all of the bumps, build an art studio for my partner. I would replace my current manufactured home with a more sturdy and durable home to withstand the many future years of storms.

After that I'd probably stick the rest in my bank and go to work.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-23-2018, 09:44 AM

Good news, hummy. I've figured out a way to make more money by using scientific principles. Modern science teaches us that due to the rotation of the earth, objects that rotate more quickly weigh less than objects that are rotating less quickly. Based upon this brilliant scientific analogy, it is stated that the further north one travels the more objects weigh.

My plan would be to buy gold near the equator where gold would cost less because it weighs less at the equator. Then we would travel north with this gold and sell it there since our gold now weighs more than it did near the equator.

Is this a brilliant idea or what? It's time to live our dreams!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-23-2018, 10:40 PM

Don't forget to factor in shipping costs. Gold is heavy.