maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 05-05-2012, 06:21 AM

The plane flew through the air while passengers on board read, watched movies, or slept. A stewardess walked down the aisle offering drinks to those awake. One person in particular sat reading a romance novel. She was ordinary in every aspect. Brown hair. Brown eyes. A little overweight but that came from the sentimentary lifestyle of a teacher who likes to crash in front of the tv at the end of the day. She turned the page.

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 05-16-2012 at 01:38 PM..

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-08-2012, 07:06 AM

Yawning he shifted in his seat and rubbed his sore tired eyes. He didn't realize he had drifted to sleep but the fact that everyone around him had settled in and some had their small over head lights on the rest of the lights were off. He reached over, past the sleeping stranger who sat in the window seat, and slide the blind up.

All he could see was darkness. Moving to get a better look he could tell that it was night now and by the looks of it it was raining pretty good. The guy beside him let out a loud snore and then tried to roll over in his seat. Laughing a little he moves out of the way before getting hit by the guy.

Unhooking his seat belt he stands and stretches out the tightness that was between his shoulder blades and in his neck. As he started to stretch out his legs and head to the bathroom when some turbulence shock the plane causing a baby somewhere in back to cry.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 PM

She stretched her lanky body and stared out the window, pushing back her long brown hair. She was an ordinary looking girl with brown eyes to match her hair and pale skin that burned if a sunbeam sneezed in her direction. She had a very smart, sarcastic mouth, one that could easily get her in trouble, but deep inside she had a good heart.

She looked down at her sketch pad in her lap where a gorgeous horse galloped across a sandy beach. She touched her pencil to the paper again, adding birds to the sky and detail to the waves. Finally it was good enough and she scribbled her signature in the corner and turned the page. She began sketching again and the lines again formed the shape of a horse, this time a fine Andalusian stallion. She had seen this horse so many times in her dreams that she had finally just given him a name: Bellisario.

"Who am I kidding, she muttered to herself looking down at the picture. "I could never afford an animal like that. She flipped the page and began to sketch a dark, angry scene with slashing rain. The lines were thick and dark, oozing anger and pain.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-09-2012, 06:47 AM

The book was getting boring. It was one of those slow scenes where the main character sat and thought to much. She closed it and put it away. Her name, Jolene, was written on the inside cover. Leaning back, she attempted to close her eyes. Some turbulence shook the plane and a baby somewhere started crying. She mentally sighed and tried to shut out the sound of distress the little lungs were making. A ping was heard as the fasten seatbelts lights came on. Not even two seconds after that, the entire plane started to jar around.

Her eyes flew open and Jolene grasped the armrests. Her heart was racing as her entire world shook and dropped around her. The plane kept changing between a nosedive and pulling up. It was hard to tell which was winning, the pilot's skills or the violent storm outside. Terror filled her as she turned and looked out the window. An engine on the wing appeared to be on fire. It's angry orange glow outmatched only momentarily by the lightening. Then a sudden screeching of metal and jarring filled her senses as the plane literally was torn apart.

Cold wind and freezing rain greeted her as branches scratched past her. She wondered for two seconds if they would never reach earth when a sudden crash and sliding sensation greeted her. She blacked out.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-10-2012, 02:37 AM

Jessica snapped awake at the sound of the "fasten seat belts" light coming on. She snapped her seat belt in place and looked out the window just as the plane went into a dive. She fought not to scream, struggled to hold the fear at bay as lightning flashed and thunder boomed. The plane shook, buffeted around in the storm like a ball of fluff.

She could hear the screams of fear and panic around her as the plane began to go down. She heard the screech of metal as the plane was literally torn to pieces. Her window shattered and she through up her arms to protect her face from the shower of glass, rain and debris. The plane slammed to a halt, throwing her hard against her seat belt, her chest exploding in pain. Then came blackness.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-16-2012, 07:00 AM

ooc: we're the only ones in this one?

ic: After hearing the ding from the fasten seat belt he quickly got back to his seat and strapped in. Things seemed to be happening all at once as the turbulence became more violent and suddenly there was an explosion and the plane was ripped apart. During one of the bumps that throw the plane around a piece of lose luggage from the seat in front of him bounced free from under the seat and somehow manged to jump up and hit him in the head. It happened so suddenly that he didn't have time to react and it knocked him out before the plane crash landed.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM

ooc: there are only three of us... but that is okay as it makes keeping up easier. I'll wait for each of you to post between my own posts if that makes things easier.

ic: Crashing thunder startled Jolene awake. She groaned and put a hand to her head. It was throbbing to the rhythm of the sprinkling rain. Her face wet, she blinked back raindrops and stared up at the flashing sky. Lightening in the distance rumbled away. Hearing a crackling sound, she turned her head and looked at the glowing of pieces of debris that littered the forest floor. Some large trees a ways away were torn up and in flames. She struggled to sit up but couldn't. A piece of her ripped seatbelt was still fastened around her and caught on a branch. Damn. She lay back and stilled, focusing on her breathing while she tried to think things out.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 AM

Jessica slowly regained consciousness and begin to move her body, assessing her injuries. Her body ached like that of anybody who had been in an accident. She opened her eyes and saw the devistation all around her. She tried to get to her feet only to have pain shoot up her right leg from her ankle. She didn't think it was broken, just badly sprained, but either way she couldn't put any weight on it. She looked around her, searching for something to use as a crutch. What about everyone else on the plane, she suddenly thought. "Can anyone hear me?" She called as loud as she could over the fire and between the booms of thunder.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-20-2012, 03:03 AM

ooc: thats cool didnt want to step on anyones toes if there were more

ic: Slowly coming to from the feeling of rain hitting the side of his face he groans and wipes the rain spatter off. Looking up at the darkened and stormy sky he tries to remember how he got out here. At first he thought maybe he drank to much and ended up out here wasted. But the pounding in his head wasn't the same hang over headache he normally woke up with. Trying to get up he realized he was strapped to something.

It took him a minute to realize he there was a seat belt holding him into a chair. It was another minute before he remembered what happened and he was surprised he was still alive. He pulled at the latch of his seat belt which seemed to be stuck. As his ears got used to the loud crashes of thunder that ranged over heard he thought he heard someone yelling somewhere. "HELLO!!!" he yelled out still trying to free himself.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-20-2012, 03:11 AM

Jessica thought she heard someone yell and knew that she had to find the person. She looked around frantically for something to use as a crutch. Not finding anything yet, she started dragging herself across the ground towards the airplane where she thought she had heard the sound from. "You okay?" Jessica called out again, hoping she could hear the voice again to better find the direction.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-20-2012, 11:11 AM

Jolene slowly got the belt unclasped by feeling it with her hands. Then she slowly sat up, feeling dizziness and pain threaten her senses. She slowly got to her knees and then managed to her feet. Staggering, she looked around her at the devastation. There were dead people laying all over the place. Some with missing limbs. She took a sharp breathe in horror and grimaced. Deep breathing a bad idea. She put a hand to her left side and touched the gash. It must have been caused by a branch she passed on her way down. Not that now was the time for wit. She brought her hand back and looked at the glistening red blood on it. Lovely.

She turned and looked around. She had been flung further from the plane than most. She could see the bodies of quite a few passengers closer to the flaming trees and twisted metal debris. She sighed. No one on this side of the crash seemed to be alive. Checking for breathing or a pulse would be a good idea to double check, but it seemed that this side of the plane had, for the most part, had an unexpected late date with a cliff. Most of the corpses were not worth checking. She sighed and looked around. That left finding a medical kit or something to bandage her side with. Maybe she would be able to salvage something else of use. Not that she could think what. Her brain was really working at the moment. Her brain and body was all numb. This just didn't seem real. This happened in movies, not in real life.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-21-2012, 08:13 PM

Jessica's ankle throbbed as she pulled herself along through rubble and dead bodies. She stopped at each to check for a pulse but each was lifeless. At least someone else was alive, unless of course the storm was playing tricks on her. No she couldn't think like that, she had to stay positive. She struggled along, checking pulses as she went. Can anyone hear me? she called out again.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-01-2012, 05:43 AM

Hearing the voice getting closer he struggled to get his seat belt unleached so he could see just how injured he was and see how many people managed to survive. "HELLO!! I'm here!! he calls trying to squint through the heavy rain and darkness trying to see what he's doing.

ooc: sorry my posts are taking so long
im dealing with a bit of drama
i really dont want to hold you two back
if it helps moves things along faster youre
welcomed to kill me off

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Jessica heard the voice again and this time she pinpointed where it was coming from. She collapsed for a moment, rest muscles screaming from dragging herself along. After a bit she again pulled herself to her feet and tried to stand on her bad ankle. Pain, like fire, shot up her leg from her ankle and she collapsed to the ground with a scream. There was no way that she was going to be walking on the ankle anytime soon. Got to keep going, she muttered to herself.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-02-2012, 04:30 AM

Hearing the scream he tugged on the seat belt harder trying to free himself. "Are you ok?! What's happening?!" he called out finally feeling the buckle start to give. The darkness combined with the heavy rain made it impossible to really see anything.

maidenroseheart

Old 06-02-2012, 02:13 PM

((we are not killing you off... gladly will wait for you, your important to this story ^_^))

Jolene stumbled along and found a branch on fire. Picking it up, she worked her way along until she found a large piece of an airplane wing. Moving under it and out of the rain, she leaned back and pulled off her light jacket. Rolling the piece of clothe up, she pressed it against her left side where the gash was. Using her belt, she secured it and paused to catch her breathe.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-03-2012, 12:38 AM

ooc: :D thanks

ic: Finally getting the latch to release he falls out of his seat and onto the wet grass that his seat landed in. "Try not to move! I'll try to come to you!" he calls out and slowly gets to his feet making sure he wasn't hurt to badly. Aside from some cuts and scraps he seemed to have made it out of the accident in good condition besides his head. His head was pounding and he could feel something stick on his forehead he figured it might be blood from getting hit in the head on the plane.

maidenroseheart

Old 06-03-2012, 01:16 AM

With her side wrapped up, she picked up her flaming branch and struggled back out into the drizzling rain. Thunder boiled overhead. She stumbled and stopped to regain her sense of balance. Maybe in the morning she could look systematically for supplies. For now she really needed to think of getting dry. She walked around and easily found blankets still wrapped in their plastic wrapping from the plane. Pillows in the same condition. It wasn't much, but it would do. She stiffly collected them and went back to the piece of wing she had been under before.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-03-2012, 03:28 AM

Jessica heard a voice yelling to her to stay still. She rolled onto her back and sat up. My ankle is badly sprained, she called back to the voice. She sat kicking herself for not packing her ankle brace. Her ankles had always been weak and she had damaged this one before, though this time was worse. Rain had soaked her through to the bone, and was running down her hair.

Jessica sat thinking. She knew that there was a least one more person alive. They would need supplies, but there was no way she could go looking, besides it would be easier in the morning. She guessed that it was at least midnight if not later. Getting dry would be another thing to take care of.

maidenroseheart

Old 06-03-2012, 05:30 AM

Slowly using a piece of twisted metal to dig a hollow into the earth, she pilled it with leaves. They might be wet, but it would have to do. Then she laid down the plastic that had covered all the pillows down on top her leaf bed to keep the moisture covering the leaves from touch her. Then she laid the pillows themselves down on top of them. It took a little bit and she was rather short on breathe at this point. Her muscles were sore from the abuse she had been through so far, yet stopping would surely stiffen her up in a hurry. Now covered in dirt, she stepped back out into the rain and slowly began to clean up. It took time and patience, but she wanted to be thorough. She was trembling from pain and being chilled by this point. Night time always was cooler.

Once she was cleaned up as best as she could be, she used the last of her energy to collect large pieces of broken limbs and branches. Piling them on each other about a yard in front of her shelter, she created three large piles. There was plenty of wood nearby so clearing a circle around the broken wing she was under was easily done. Once three large piles were made that she was sure could burn all night, she took her burning branch and put it in one. Finding two more was easily enough. Walking through the occasional dead was not. This was going to leave nightmares.

Finally having three burning piles of wood, one in front and two off the each side, she stripped out of her clothes. Hanging them up on the edge of her shelter so that if it stopped raining the fires would quickly dry them, she wrapped herself up in blankets and curled up on the makeshift bed. The gash in her left side had gone from throbbing to burning. She needed to stay still and give it a chance to start mending. At least the rain would clean her clothing out for her. The fires would keep any animals away that might be attracted to the corpses. She shuddered. Come morning, she would need to move out of here. Hopefully find other survivors too.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-05-2012, 04:09 AM

Stumbling his way through the darkness he tried to head in the direction he thought he heard the voice coming from. "Try to keep talking so I can find you!" he called out leaning on trees to help steady himself over the rough terrain. As he continued to make his way it was hard not to notice a fires start and appear to spread.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 PM

I'm over here, Jessica called and then not sure what else to say she started singing. At least he would be able to hear her voice and follow it. She looked around at the area, lit up by the halloweenish orange glow of the fires. This would be hard for someone to miss, but there were still stories of it happening. And no one was going to worry or come looking for her.

maidenroseheart

Old 06-23-2012, 11:54 AM

She looked out from her shelter at the dancing fires through the drizzling rain. Now that her wet clothes were off, she was starting to warm a little. Also, the blankets from the plane were doing a good job at keeping her warm despite being thin. She realized suddenly with so many dead bodies around, that an animal might easily come this way. Hopefully if that happened, it would leave her alone.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-25-2012, 03:19 AM

Jessica laid back, waiting for the owner of the voice to reach her. It sounded like a guy and she wondered what he would be like. She shivered in the rain and realized that she was soaked and going to need to get out of it very soon. She began to scan the area around her, looking for shelter.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-31-2012, 06:23 AM

ooc: did you two give up?