hexeos
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to hexeos Send a message via Yahoo to hexeos

Old 06-05-2007, 06:15 AM

Kingdom of Duvah
  • Location: Duvah is a nation that, compared to Chiazu and Eiros, considered a smaller power. Located to the southeast of Eiros, and to the west of Chiazu. Consisting of a larger landmass with a few smaller islands scattered along it's western coast.

As for the land itself, it consists mainly of two extremes. The main bulk of Duvah consists of a heavily mountainous region, while the coasts to the south and west, as well as the western islands, are tropical areas. This combination leaves very little land for farming, however, meaning that Duvah has had to get creative with it's farming techniques so that they do not depend completely on foreign trade for their sustenance.

Another interesting trait is the catacombs of tunnels that run throughout the underground of the mainland. Some are, admittedly, man made or mines, but for the most part these tunnels seem to be natural. Duvah has yet to send expeditions into the deepest caverns however, so their might be evidence there to the contrary.
  • Coat of Arms
    The coat of arms for the Zephyre family, and thus the country itself, consists of a falcon posed as if it were diving from above, interposed on a green and white background, the lines of the image lined in gold.

• Economy:

Duvah's economy is based mostly on trade and technology, though more the first. The natural shrewdness that the country seems to possess, mixed with their technology giving them fast ships that can go almost anywhere in the water, has made them superior merchants. Not many native goods, except for those from the tropics, are actually exported, so they depend quite a bit on foreign trade.
  • Economic Status: Duvah is, without a doubt, the richest of the countries. Through it's skill in trade, especially since Chiazu opened it's borders, most of the international trade in the world has gone through Duvah's hands.
  • Government: Monarchy
  • Head Of Country/Ruling Family: The Zephyre family.
  • State Religion: None, though with it's heritage, most lean towards the Eirosan beliefs.
  • Military: There is little actual military, most of the military power being held by the lords, with their powers extending only to their own lands. each lord has different things they look for and use. Guns, however, are lawfully only allowed to those in service of the royal family and the country.
  • Agriculture: Much of the land is naturally infertile, but with technology, Duvah manages to use what land it does have to it's fullest potential, while they try to create more fertile land.
  • Educational Level: Very high, all around. By law, every child is required to be at school and educated, and with their usual lack of regard for station nobles are taught alongside commoners unless a private tutor is hired. To help with this among the lower classes, meals are provided to students who cannot bring their own food.

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2007, 06:16 AM

OOC Nitty Gritty
Down and Dirty Details

Bio Application Format:( please PM me)
Code:
Name:
Age:Don't care if they are 13,527 and look 12, put it down.
Race:Demon, Angel, human. Don't care.
Class:(Mage,Fighter,Scholar,Ranger etc...)
Origin:(Country Eiros, Duvah, or Chiazu)
Weapon(s): (ex: Please be reasonable. A mage can not carry two handed weapon)
Physical Description:Do not even THINK of just giving  a picture.
Personality:What are they like. Bubbly and vapid. Stern and serious.
History: Doesn't have to be long and drawn out, though it can be.

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2007, 06:23 AM

OOC Nitty Gritty
Down and Dirty Details

The Law:From upon high, an unearthly spirit arrives and presents to you these laws which you must use to govern yourselves that there may be peace and enjoyment for all.
  • Listen to the GMs. Their words are final.
  • Be Polite. Do not create un-needed drama, just because you can. We are all here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Please, keep it tame. We do not like to Flame. Repeat. Absorb. Learn.
  • OOC stays in the OOC. Do not post OOC in the IC threads. Ever. Not even within IC posts. It just clutters things. Bring it to the OOC. Aka here.
  • Do not use Chatspeak. 733T is forbidden. Unless it's in OOC as a joke.Just in case, someone gets a funny idea... :stare:
  • Watch the language. Don't pepper your speaks with F*ck and D*mn. It's just not classy or pleasant to read.
  • Please post a bio in this thread. Once approved, you may play.
  • All are welcome, as long as you realize that the tech level is not where earth is at today. It is medieval at best. But most classes are welcome.
  • Try to use common sense. Such as AMP. And don't overpower your characters.
  • No ruling family, high government officials, without talking to the GM first.
  • Be literate. This does not mean you have to write a novel with every post, but try to be eloquent and descriptive. You are writing a story that hopefully people will want to go back and read later.
  • Last but not least, try to let someone know if you are going to disappear for a while so they can move on or whatnot.

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2007, 06:25 AM

PC and NPC listing

NPCs:

PCs:

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2007, 06:28 AM

The History of a Great Nation to be...

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2007, 06:28 AM

Technological Information

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2007, 06:29 AM

Social Background

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2007, 06:31 AM

Reservation

hexeos
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2007, 06:32 AM

Reservation

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-05-2007, 06:57 AM

"Mhm..." The woman's lazy smile curled into a look of satisfaction as she watched her 'lover' leave the bed and begin to tie on his hose. Her arms crossed over her breasts, plumping them up for him to enjoy the view while she talked to him.

"Lady Reculia, if you keep staring at me like the cat with a dish of cream, I'm never going to get to my duties..." But the man didn't seem to mind too much, except it was now more difficult to tie his hose.

Elisabeth sat up slowly, savoring the few aches and bruises that came with their recent activity. But it wasn't the pain that made her movements slow, it was just the knowledge that the slower she moved, the more the man before her would watch, and pay attention and the more her words would sink it.

"Jeremy, how many times..." Her hand trailed along his cheek and she watched his eyes follow the movement of her hand. "..do I have to tell you? You can call me Elisabeth."

"Yes, ma'am...err..Elisabeh." If it wouldn't have ruined the game completely, she would have laughed, instead, she merely letting the babbling idiot babble.

"Good boy..." She leaned forward, her bare chest pressing against his, her lips firmly pressed to his as she waited for him to press the rest of them together. She didn't have long to wait. She took a step to the right, and then it was just one gentle push, and 'Jeremy' was flat on his back on the bed, with Elisabeth straddling his hips, and that oh so urgent paper from the general telling the King of the rebel lying forgotten on Elisabeth's desk.

The draperies around the bed fell down, hiding the amorous couple and a young boy came in a few moments later, to take the paper, discreetly discarding the incriminating information without a word or command. This was long familiar habit.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-06-2007, 06:11 AM

Tatianya moped about her drawing room, her little Pekingese dog she had imported in from Chiazu scurrying along the floor following its mistress. It had been forever since she had heard anything interesting. There were so many things going on in the world as well! There was the Tournament and Festival in Chiazu, Princess Serefina's birthday in Erios, the Prince of Duvah being sent over to meet the Princess Serefina as an arranged marriage but then never showing up... so many things! All her information was stale though, she had found out a few days ago now and it was no longer fresh and juicy. She needed something new, something that would be interesting to talk about.

"Hildela!" Tati pouted, ringing her little bell, "Has the mail come yet today?"

"No m'lady. I will check of course for you 'gain." Hildela replied, dipping a little into a curtsy and removing herself from her mistress's presence as quickly as possible. Hildela knew the type of mood that Tati was in and it was not one she wanted to be around if she didn't bring any important news.

Tati picked up the little Pekingese puppy, the dog yipping happily at the attention, and spoke to it in a baby voice "Do you know anything interesting my little poopsy? Hmm?" The dog merely panted and tried to lick her face.

"Awww my little poopsy loves his mommy, yes?" Tati petted the dog, momentarily in brighter spirits, "Too bad you don't have anything interesting to tell me."

She put the dog down and picked up a single dark chocolate rosette from a silver plate. She had begged Lord Sherstibytov to get her some chocolate from abroad and finally after a week he had managed to get them to her. It had taken forever but she had them now and was savouring each one.

"I know what I'll do!" Tati exclaimed to herself, beaming and plopping the chocolate into her mouth. Picking up her puppy and checking the state of her curled blonde hair in the mirror, Tati flounced out of her drawing room and off in the direction of the Reculia estate. That woman was always good for a scandal or some bit of information. Even if she didn't, Tati was sure that she could make something up just by visiting anyhow.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-06-2007, 07:42 AM

Once the nasty little business of the message had been dealt with, Elisabeth had sent the man on to the king with the falsified message. Instead of the news about the rebels; King Benjamin would instead receive news about a group of thieves who had ganged up on the local village and were exhorting money from the locals. They had been caught and put to death, due to the resistance of arrest. They had no choice. She'd even added the part about regretting to do so, what with the policy that the government had of trying to reform those with criminal tendencies.

Well pleased with a job well done, Elisabeth found herself relaxing in her parlor with some tea and biscuits (cookies) while she continued thinking of things that needed to be addressed.

"Gregory?" At the sound of his name, the page boy that slept outside her room appeared, in the family crest of Elisabeth's maiden family. Blue and Green with black trim.

"Yes'm?"

"Bring me my rose water. And do not have anyone disturb me afterwards."

He bowed, and exited, returning shortly. He handed her the cup of 'Rose' water, and then cleared his throat.

"Yes?"

"A carriage with the Sherstibytov crest is coming down the drive." He mentally cringed.

"Oh dear primes. I do not have the patience to deal with that babbling child..." Her fingers reached up to pinch the bridge of her nose, her brow knitting into a frown, which she knew she couldn't afford.

"Are you not at home then, milady?"

She waved a hand around limply. "No. I'm at home. She usually does have useful information. Just...delay her for a minute or two, while I drink my water and compose myself."

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 AM

"Shhh Benji. Mommy doesn't want you to bark at the help now." Tati scolded her puppy, named after the King of Duvah. The page looked a little uneasy with the little dog yipping away and growling at him. However, at his mistress's command he contented himself to a dull growl and then started licking Tati's gloved hand.

"So you said Lady Reculia will be out in just a moment?" Tati continued, this time speaking to the page, "I saw a carriage passing down the street earlier, has she been entertaining any visitors recently? Lady Reculia is always so amiable and hospitable that I'm sure she paid them the out most care and attention."

Tati's eyes quickly took in the drawing room to see if she could notice any signs of people occupying the area. She knew that this page would probably keep mum on Elisabeth's visitors but she was sure that if she paid enough attention, she might be able to piece a few things together.

Arranging herself and her dress on a fine plush sofa, Tati shifted the position of her pet to her lap, "Well I'll just wait here until she is fresh and ready to receive me."

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-06-2007, 08:00 AM

If Elisabeth was one thing, it was meticulous. So there would be no sign of her recent visitor in the least. That was the most frustrating thing about Elisabeth. Everyone knew she wasn't clean as limestone; her now late husband had been an Eirosan rebel after all, but no one could ever prove a thing. But she entertained Tati for one reason. To get information, and to filter information through her.

"Tati, sweetie..." Elisabeth threw open the doors in a wide gesture once she'd had her 'rose' water. "I haven't seen you in ages. I was afraid I was missing all the juicy gossip of court." She greeted the woman with a superfical peck on each cheek and then looked her over. "I was so desperate to see you, I was about to make a trip to court." She fawned the attention at Tati, knowing the woman would eat it up like cream and biscuits.

"I see Benji is doing well." Not one single bit of her dislike of the dog showed in the least. "I really should see about getting one of those delightful puppies. They must be such good company." This morning, Elisabeth was dressed in a rather risque blue gown, with plummeting cleavage that was oh so discreetly covered with a lace handkerchief that drew more attention to the cleavage than it covered.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-06-2007, 01:58 PM

Tati met Elisabeth with equal fawning and attention. Perhaps it was little more genuine today than usually because she was so bored and she knew this woman to be a bit of fun.

"Yes, Benji is a happy puppy to be leaving the estate today." Tati replied looking back at the small Pekingnese that stood on the sofa that she had risen from, who was wagging it's tail wildly and panting loudly at the mention of his name.

"But I came for your darling company, of course." Tati continued with a sweet smile, sitting back down again at her place on the sofa, "I thought we could have a nice chat because I never see you at court anymore and it's really becoming such a bore without you there."

It was slightly true, that last statement. Whenever Lady Reculia showed up at court, people talked. It could range from the clothes she wore that enhanced her best assets or could create more speculation on her departed husband and what the latest theory was to her degree of involvement in his rebel activities.

"So, I hear you've been keeping yourself busy while away from court." Tati said casually, picking up Benji and placing the puppy on her lap, "I think I just saw one of the Kings privy council members driving south from here. Are they still investigating you? Such a waste of time! We all know you are pure as the driven snow that arrives every winter."

'Well. At least possibly in terms of the rebel activities. Otherwise...' Tati thought to herself while noting the cleavage. It looked rather... fresh. It made Tati wonder if Elisabeth had just recently changed and why for. However she could never be sure since Elisabeth was usually extremely private about her own matters and could cover up just about anything she didn't want to share.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2007, 03:30 AM

"You mean Lord Popinjay...oh, excuse me, Lord Pomfrey?" Speaking of one of the men on the council who followed fashion more than most women did. How the man fit in Duvah, Elisabeth would never understand.

"No, they aren't still investigating me. They just seem convinced that they have to protect me from my second late husband's cronies. That they might try and force me to help them." She smiled prettily, reaching for a small bell, ringing it so that a servant came in with a platter of tea and biscuits.

"So you absolutely must fill me in on all the gossip, since I've been so deprived. Is it true that the King's actually managed to get Prince Zephre to agree to going through with the betrothal to Eiros's Princess?"

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2007, 07:21 AM

Tati giggled at Elisabeth's obvious mistake at Lord Pomfrey's name. She loved that man to pieces, he was also a very good gossiper, but she was always able to have a laugh at his expense. He had once told her that her laugh was like the tinkling of the chimes of an angel.

"I don't think it was him, I didn't recognize his carriage but I could be wrong." Tati replied, letting Benji lick her hands as she took off her gloves, "I was too busy making sure that Benji here didn't eat a part of my cushion. I never pay attention to that kind of thing anyhow."

Of course she paid attention, Tati could identify any carriage that belonged to a person of importance from miles away since she knew every detail of their carriages plus their 'discreet' carriages. However, she didn't feel like pressing the matter at the moment. It always took a lot of effort to glean even the most minute detail from Elisabeth that she didn't first offer up herself, and Tati wasn't in the mood for a challenge.

"WELL." Tati continued in answer to Elisabeth's question, taking a small biscuit as if to nibble but not getting quite, "If you mean, did their royal highnesses manage to ship off Prince Zephyr in the direction of Erios to meet said Princess... then yes. However, getting them to meet is apparently a much different thing because he's pulled one of his disappearing acts and never showed up for the rendezvous with Princess Serefina."

"However, that news is quite old now, I heard about it two days ago." Tati said with a sigh, as Benji took the biscuit from her hand and ate it without her even noticing or caring, "The King and Queen are furious, for good reason. I'm sure that they'll have very stern words for him when he leaves."

"Apparently, things are getting a little dangerous over in Erios. There's been attempts on favourites of the Royal family and even," Here Tati's tone got down to a very confidental, low whisper, "That there might have been an attempt on the Princess' life within the castle walls."

"However, the princess was said not to be in the castle at the time. You know how much of an avid traveler she is." Tati picked up another biscuit and this time nibbled off a bit for herself.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2007, 07:40 AM

"Oh no..." Elisabeth giggled, a soft tinkling laugh that was just husky enough to make men think of more private matters. "The princess is at the castle..."She slipped her hands to her lips as if to cover up something that Tati wasn't supposed to know.

"Just between you and me, I've had sone of my old friends send me mage mail about the fact that the princess was actually in the prince's bed chambers. You know how Lord Jamison insists that Eiros is just a den of incestuous nobility?" Elisabeth sat down and leaned next to Tati as she mentioned the noble turned anti Eirosan protestor.

"Apparently the young prince regent is carrying on the family tradition. -That- is why the princess won't settle on a husband." She smirked as she imparted the juicy gossip. "That's why she is always claiming to be sick..."

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2007, 08:55 AM

Tati shook her hands as if she had touched something very dirty, unsettling Benji in her lap, "OOOoooh. That is so very very wrong!... Though, that young Prince Regent isn't that bad to look at..."

Tati let herself trail off there pointedly. As for the gossip that the Princess was spending so much time with her brother, Tati hadn't really heard too much of merit along those lines. However, it was worth investigating, to see whether or not the Princess was truly there or not. If she was, that would definitely make the gossip juicier as it would make it a 'close call' which was always better for the rumour mill.

"Have you been keeping up with the tournament and news of the festival in Chiazu?" Tati asked, taking the conversation away from her home country, "From what I hear it's all been quite a bore so far. They haven't really even gotten into the fighting yet, it's all those silly carnival games and exhibitions."

"Apparently it's slowed down because there have been a few mysterious boats appearing in the harbour. Really long ones that aren't recognized as being from Chiazu, Erios, or Duvah. However, that's really not that interesting, but Nikolas finds it important to know. Perhaps it will give the men something to talk about."

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2007, 08:57 PM

Elisabeth shrugged delicately, letting her shoulders roll gently as she gave an arched look at Tati. "Chiazu doesn't interest me terribly. A bunch of barbarians who are only good for the money they bring Duvah." She picked up a biscuit as she sat down, and began nibbling on it as she observed Tati.

"So how is your Lord husband doing, darling? Still exhausting him with your youth and enthusiasm?" There was something in her tone that might have suggested that her words were innuendo, but then again, this was female talk.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-11-2007, 05:12 AM

"It's not that interesting to me either, but they do have some very pretty things. Like my Benji here, riiiight my Benji-wenji?" Tati picked up another biscuit and broke off a piece to feed it to the small dog, who chomped on it loudly.

"Nikolas has been busy with business or something of that sort. I haven't seen him in a few weeks, and when he's home he spends most of his time in his study surrounded by his tedious work. He knows how boring I find it." Tati replied, addressing the other question Elisabeth put to her. She really didn't like the insinuation, but she pretended not to notice it.

"However, I believe he's well and in good health." There was a small hint of sadness in the phrase but this could easily be attributed to Tati's natural wifely feelings at having her husband being gone for a long, extended period of time.

"Oh I do wish we'd have a ball or some sort of grand party." Tati said with a little pout, immediately changing the subject to something more interesting, "We haven't had anything interesting in the last little while happen here, not Winter Festival. Have you heard of anything of that sort at all?"

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-11-2007, 06:10 AM

"Tsk tsk" Elisabeth tutted. "You're his wife. I don't see why you don't just...decide to have a ball all on your own. Or do you not have your husband wrapped so tightly around your finger anymore..." She lifted a hand to pat Tati's knee.

"I'm sure the rumors about him spending so much time with Duchess Tabitha are just that...rumors. You're still young...mostly." It was strange really. No one knew exactly how old Elisabeth was. And as childlike as Tati seemed, there was just a strong vitality to Elisabeth that was so very appealing to men of all ages. Including, it was rumored, the prince of Duvah himself.

"Maybe you'll find an interesting escort as the masque I'm going to be holding soon." She smiled sweetly as she pulled her hand away from Tati. "Your invitation should be in the post. It's the night after the Palace's Season opening Ball."

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-12-2007, 06:23 AM

"Oh how absolutely delightful!" Tati almost squealed at the thought of a ball actually happening. She would have thrown one herself but they were such hassles to put on and that took all the fun out of just going to one and not having to worry. It seemed that she didn't hear the comments about her age or her husband, or was too distracted about the occurrence of a social event to pay much heed to it.

"Well, I am pleased indeed!" Tati said, rising and holding Benji in one arm who just let her do it limply, "I really must be going though, dear. Looking after a house hold when the master is gone is really so much work, a lot more than I'm used to. Do drop by soon though, will you?"

Tati went in for the fake kiss-kiss on either cheek and flounced out the room before the servant could come in to clear the dishes.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 AM

"What an annoyingly insipid woman." Elisabeth remarked after a servant had assured her that Tati was in her carriage and on her way out. The man merely nodded, and held out a cup of rose tea to her. "Remind me again, why she is one of my 'friends'." The man said nothing, knowing the question was merely rhetorical.

"Tell Isiah that he may meet me in my office." She knew what that the man was there, and had been waiting for longer than Tati, but because of his station, had been regulated to the kitchen to wait once Tati's carriage had been seen.

"Yes, ma'am." The man bowed and left to get her steward while she slowly made her way to the office. Then she had to check with her dress maker, the florist who was making a trip to southern Duvah for blooms, and the cook who was preparing all the food.

Tabi Kat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-12-2007, 09:39 AM

"I WANT TO SEE THE ITZ..Z...ZTLIAN!" The stumbling bellow would have done a town crier proud, but instead it was coming from the diminutive form of a overdressed tomato. Oh, excuse me. Princess. A princess whose face was as red as the outfit she was wearing, because the ship that was holding the first items and people from the new land that had been discovered only last year was late.

"N...nowww p..pppprincess Bri`rrrdget. The sssship isss on it'ssss way. The coast guard has announced it. It is down in the harbor, but this things take time to unload."

The girl merely glared up at the man who was her escort this day. He was at least ten years older than she, but he knew exactly where he stood. Which was good. It would make life with Bridget easier on him. How in the world did the princess end up such a brat, the man wondered. Prince Zephre was so much more mild mannered, if rowdier in his own manner.

Princess Bridget stomped a foot, and turned, flouncing off before the man even realized what hit him, and he was left to run behind the brunette brat like a puppy after its master, and the irony was not lost on him in the least.

"MAMA~!!"

The girl was dressed in something that would seem quite scandalous if it was anywhere but Duvah. Instead it was a mixture of a dress and a Squire's outfit. The sides of the dress cut open to reveal bloomers that barely covered her thighs before tying above her stockings. At least she was decent by Duvah standards.

She really would have to talk to the girls' brother about exposuing her to such fashion. Even if it was only due to his...relationships. Which reminded her, she hadn't heard from Eiros yet about the Envoy's arrival. Even if he was going to run off, they weren't about to let him get out of this agreement. They weren't quite strong enough to take Eiros on...not yet anyways. Which meant the alliance must be kept.

"Yes, dearling?" The queen addressed her daughter and the poor attendant given princess duty as she knew it was called. First a rogue for a son, and ...well, a brat for a daughter. Hopefully one of them would grow out of it.

TBC