LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to LunaRei SilverBlood

Old 02-01-2008, 09:35 PM

This Cafe is the sister to the GaiaOnline Cafe de la Vie.
I'm LunaRei SilverBlood, I am one of the 3 owners of the Cafe. The other Gaia owners are The Lost Lenore, and Pocchiato. I have decided to open this shop here because it was such a huge success there, that I'm hoping you all will enjoy.

Also, please note that there are things bound to change, as we adapt to the mene system <3

Rules:
1. Be kind
2. Have fun
3. There will always be more Heila
4. No bid retractments
5. you can co-own/co-bid
6. Trade is expected within 24 hours

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 09:52 PM

“A pinch of sugar here, a dash of vanilla extract there and BAM! this recipe is ready to be mixed,†said Kai as he started to mix the slew of ingredients together. He was completely focused, making sure that each grain of salt was meant to be there and no errors became of this cake. After all, this was his Grand Opening cake.

After three years in a culinary institute and many many more years of careful budgeting and spending, the peak of his career, and, well, life for that matter was here. His dream of finally opening his own cooking institute had finally arrived. He had also decided, as a last minute sort of deal, that there should be a Café in the front so people could taste the wonders being cooked up in his wonderful school. All in all, he was going to be set for a while.

The cake was breathtaking. It stood at a whopping five layers and each layer had a frosting of a different color. Kai grabbed his frosting piper and began to add the decorations to the cake, some lace over here, flowers on the other side, and little frosting beads all over. And with every excruciating detail in place, the cake was almost ready. At this point, it was already 3 o’clock in the morning and the grand opening was at 6. Kai was ready to pipe the final decoration, when his frosting bag spluttered and nothing came out.

His eyes were beginning to feel heavy and his hands like they were weighted with lead.

“One more decoration,†he mumbled to himself as he blindly reached for the replacement bag. Was that white? Or red? or purple? He just grabbed a bag that looked like it was white but he wasn’t completely sure, yet he continued anyway, the thought of sleep being his main motivation and hoping not to fall into the cake his only wish.

As he piped the words Café de la Vie on the cake, the icing seemed to twist and twirl as if filled with life but Kai paid it no attention. His work was done and he happily fell asleep right there on the table next to the cake. Unbeknownst to Kai, the icing had completely seeped through to the core of the cake and had formed something inside.

A head formed, then some arms, and some legs and out of the cake jumped a creature like no other.

“Heeme ko nuchi,†it spoke in a cute squeaky voice.

It looked around and it’s gaze rested on the sleeping figure that was Kai.

“Habbaba la juku,†it said as it poked at him. Kai groaned at turned over in his sleep.

The strange creature giggled as it’s look changed from Kai to the now destroyed cake.

“Chichi ga!â€

The creature went straight to work mixing together all the ingredients without the need for a recipe. It cracked eggs with ease, whisked wonderfully, and mixed like a master. And by the time 6 AM came around, there were multitudes of pretty cakes and assorted pastries lying out in the front of the store. An alarm clock could be heard all the way in the front of the store and Kai reluctantly awoke.

He found himself covered in frosting and his masterpiece destroyed but found much more beautiful pieces of cooking art all around the café, each one saying Café de la Vie in perfect script. He got up and looked around for the wonderful chef who created all of this when a cute bouncing creature caught his sight.

“Hey-“

“la!â€

Before Kai could even complete his sentence the creature jumped up into his arms and began to nuzzle him.

“Hey-“

“la!â€

“Sooo you’re the Heila?â€

The creature, now dubbed a Heila, wiggled in his arms and let out a soft sigh. It liked this person and Kai liked the Heila.

“I think I’ll call you… Hikari…â€
And so began a most wonderful business and friendship…

Now I bet you’re wondering what happened to the rest of the cakes and whatnot well, they’re still in the Café. Somehow, they always manage to end up staying warm and fresh until someone buys them and well, something just happens to pop out right before they’re eaten…

Name: Kai Doux
Kai can be defined in three words. BUSY BUSY BUSY! He hates despises staying home with nothing to do, he would rather be at the Cafe, making pastry masterpieces or out with his friends, anything except for staying home. He's very jumpy which is both a blessing and a curse in the pastry world. His twitchiness helps him create wonderful, quick designs yet big frosting jobs that require slow detailing are his bane. His approach on teaching classes is to have fun learning because that' the only way they'll remember. His attitude carries over to his responsibilities as Manager of the Cafe which always brings his customers back for more. He is also the creator of the annual Frosting Fight TM.

Name: Fae LeCour
After a shot, but successful time running the cafe, Kai would pass on this kingdom to a sweet female named Fae. Fae can be a bit clumsy, but overall she was a great choice to take over. Even though she tries hr hardest to be serious, her clumsiness will always lighten the mood. She hired Lenore, Luna and Poochi as management and Mou, Fatcat17, Tooaya, and The AIDs Monster, as her chefs.as the head chief Fae watches over those four, and interacts with her Heila, Prada, with the customers.

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Rules
1. Follow the Mene TOS
2. No Mene Heila is to be used on another site (ex Gaiaonline )
3. Read the whole front page, and if you’re question is not there (though I highly doubt it) you may ask in the thread
4. Do not ask for a Heila, do not beg for Heila, don’t even cry for a Heila.
5. Do not steal or reproduce any images without explicit permission from me. Really, that’s not cool if you do.
6. Please no drama in thread, it makes the soufflees deflate and makes me lose my concentration. Take it to PMs or Ims or whatever just not in this thread or any other thread. Thank you.
7. You may not sell your Heila or Cakes. Offsprings are a different case but more on that in the breeding post.
8. Remember, this is just a shop, it’s not worth crying over if you lose or anything. Just always keep a happy attitude and you’ll be fine.
9. We reserve the right to add/change the rules as we see fit.

FAQ

~Q1~ OMGWTFBBQSA!?!1eleven29! DA LINAERT ISH OOBER CUTESY!?! KEN I HAD WON 4 FREE?
~A1~ What?

~Q2~ Oh, your pets are awesome! Can I have one for free?
~A2~ Sorry, unless it's a free raffle or something you can't.

~Q3~ But [insert name here] got one for free!
~A3~ Well, maybe they're my friend or I thought they deserved one!

~Q4~ Well, when's your next flatsale/auction/raffle?
~A4~ You should check the events post, it has all the information you'll ever need about obtaining an Heila.

~Q5~ How about if I bribe you or do a pet trade with you?
~A5~ Check the staff posts down on page 2. If you have something, then ask [ insert person in staff ] about it.

~Q6~ Is a Heila roleplay required?
~A6~ Nope.

~Q7~ WTH?!? They can breed? Eww...
~A7~ You have a sick mind... Heilas have their own ways of breeding, just look at the breeding post to find out more info.

~Q8~ Can we co-own?
~A8~ Yes, but how you RP will be up to you

Availability and Prices

~ Flatsales:
~ Most of the flatsales will be speed based or in flaffle form. Rules will always be posted twice. Once at least 10 minutes before the flatsale and once when the flatsale begins. There will always be a 5 minute silence warning.
~ As you could probably guess, flatsales may differ in execution. For example, this flatsale may be a flaffle while the next one will be an RP Prompt. As I stated above, any change to a regular speed flatsale will be posted beforehand.
~ Sometimes, there might be newbie flatsales where people who do not have a cake are the only ones who can participate
~ Regular flatsales begin when only the mule for that matter ( might be anyone from the staff... ) post GO. Any posts before will be disquailifed and there will NEVER be a redo unless there was a gross error on our behalf.
~ NEVER EVER EDIT YOUR POSTS DURING A FLATSALE! Even if you're only edtting it to post a reply to a post you missed just don't do it. It makes it easier for us and the hopeefuls that NO ONE edit their posts.
~ Flatsale Heilas are 500
~ After winning, please send gold/items

~ Auctions
~ Starting bid is 1k(1000g).
~ Only gold, monthly collectibles/donation items, and other rare items.
~ Price all items by lowest price
~ Please, no guilt tripping, or individual cheerleading. A good luck here and there is fine but no "GOOOO *insert bidder here*!!! YOU ROCK! NO OTHER BIDDERS CAN COMPARE TO YOU!! WOOHOO!
~ Co-owning and co-bidding is allowed but no more than two people please ^^

~ Raffles

~ These will be the rarest way to receive a Heila, only because of the fact I have to record everyone's name and it's a HUGE hassle.
~ These could be free or paid but rules vary.

~ Random Events
~ I don't know, like the title says, these are usually random and have some sort of special reason behind them.

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 10:11 PM

Stages Info

Masterpiece: You've somehow recieved your magnificent cake masterpiece whether you needed it for a big celebration or Kai gave it to you as a gift for entering the institute as a student. It's so pretty and unique and that you just can't eat it... But you try XD. And look what happens when you try to eat something you're not supposed to...

Frosting Creation: Well what do you know? Right when you were about to cut into the cake, it just exploded right into your face. And once you wipe the frosting from your eyes there's this cute little... thing standing right in front of you! It speaks jibberish but knows a few words, and constantly looks for cooking utensils. It's a tad bit over-curious looking in a ton of places it's not supposed to and creating mess and causing chaos in its wake. Well, good luck trying to calm it down ^^;

Master Chef: Your Frosting Creation has become markedly outstanding in it's chosen Forte. It has grown and its sense of the world around it has also grown. Not much is really known about this stage and this is info is mainly a guess... or is it? :ninja:

Heila FAQ
Disclaimer: FAQ based off of the Owner's FAQ at Elderspark

~*1*~ Woah! I just got a Cake?!? What do I do now?
Once you've received your certed cake, there are SO MANY things you can do... Like start RPing with your friends if you'd like or show it off to all your friends! There's reall y nothing mandatory for you to do before your cake explodes. We'll announce your cake's growth but if you direct link, you should be able to tell without the announcement ^^

~*2*~ Okay, so I'm assuming we direct link? Anyway, how does a Heila come from the cake?
Well, if you've read the story, you might have guessed by now. Your cake is one of the ones that Hikari first made sooo either Hikari made a sort of concoction out of cake ingredients and baked it into others like him or it had something to do with that mysterious frosting that Kai bought from that mysterious vendor. What? You're asking why Kai would buy frosting from a mysterious vendor? Well... Umm... Kai you want to answer this?

Kai: -_-; It seemed like a good idea at the time okay! It was sooo much cheaper than our usual vendor...

There you have it! Now, let that silly little thought out of your mind...

~*3*~ Cuteness and stuff isn't really my thing, can I give my Heila to my friend? They'll take really really good care of it!
Well, I guess you could do that as long as your friend has somewhat an idea of what the Heila is and we deem them "worthy" XD. If we say your friend doesn't deserve it (Highly Doubtful) and you still don't want it, we'll give it away in a free raffle. You don't get a refund, sorry.

~*4*~ I reaaaally like RPing, is it okay if I keep a journal? ~parallel~ I despise RPing, do I have to keep a journal?
Journals are loved here at the Cafe, it helps us keep track of how many RPs you've done, who you've done them with and what happened. It's fun for us to read what everyone can come up with. But if you really don't like them, welll, you don't have to do it, I mean, after all it is your Heila ^^

~*5*~ Exotic names? Wooooow, spiffay! But I love the name Bob, can I name it that?
Ummm ordinary names like Bob and Jack aren't exactly what we're looking for at the Cafe. Cosplays are okay to keep their actual names (i.e. Edward, Sora, Riku, etc.), they're a special case. Names are so much fun when they're really exotic or have special meaning behind them. A name site I always use is Behind the Name. I look up names based on their meanings and go from their. You could always base a name off the color or perhaps a plot you are planning for the dear little Heila? And, if you always need hepl, you can choose the random name feature and have us come up with one for you based on your Heila's second stage.

~*6*~ How do you tell if a Heila is a male or female?
Heilas are genderless, meaning they can breed with whomever they want and have as many babies as they want. You can still call them him or her or he or she but in reality, they are ALL genderless.

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 10:25 PM

BEHOLD!! THE MAGICAL OVEN OF LURVE!!

This, as you could probably tell from the odd title, is the post where you look for when your Heilas are in lurrrrve. Your Heila will breed with one other Heila, the amount of cakes that will be made will be chosen by the randomizer 2-4. What you do with the cakes is up to you, you can keep them give them to a friend, raffle them off ( for free only. no profit can ever be made off this except for what we get! ), hold an RP contest, but you must decide this with the partner. Breeding slots will open every other month, 4 slots each time.

The Heila stuff themselves into the oven and once the timer goes off, they fall out and inside the oven are (x) cakes!

Breeding Rules
~ Your Heila must be in its final stage.
~ All Heilas must have the same Forte, and all offspring they have will have the same Forte.
~ No family breedings. That's just gross
~ SLOTS MUST BE OPEN BEFORE APPLYING FOR BREEDING.
~ If you do not have the money to put in the trade in one go then you are NOT allowed to breed, we do NOT take "I will pay you when my cloak sells" or whatever, if you dont have the cash then you do NOT breed.

Breeding Slots
1.CLOSED
2.CLOSED
3.CLOSED
4.CLOSED

Grey List

~*NONE*~

Black List

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 10:31 PM

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 10:32 PM

~*~ Menewsha Cafe staff ~*~

Owner: LunaRei SilverBlood
Colorist and editor: FatCat17
Colorist and editor: tooaya

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Owners are The Lost Lenore, Pocchiato, and LunaRei_SilverBlood.
Concept is (c) to Golden and Grey
Lineart is (c) to Shadow Puppet and Paperghost
Cert is (c) to Paperghost
These are GaiaOnline users

fatcat17
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to fatcat17

Old 02-01-2008, 10:45 PM

here i am! 8D

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 PM

yay! ^_^

>.> you have the headphones ;-; I want them <333

I just need to read through the info and adjust to mene gold, and we just have a few details to sort out ^_^

fatcat17
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-01-2008, 10:52 PM

your hat = <3

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 11:07 PM

this months dontation items >.> I needed SOME kind of clothing XD

Getsurei
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Getsurei Send a message via MSN to Getsurei

Old 02-01-2008, 11:44 PM

*luffs on the two of you* I already have lots of ideas for Avi's. It makes me really excited^^.

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2008, 11:55 PM

I know! *luffles* the items are so much better here <3 I can't wait to set up that quest thread ^_^

tooaya
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-02-2008, 01:11 AM

Haha, the cafe has invaded. <333

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-02-2008, 01:18 AM

XD and Tooaya~

I wonder who else is lurking around~

tooaya
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-02-2008, 01:42 AM

We'll need to drag Mou here so the colorists are complete. *shot*

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-02-2008, 01:53 AM

XD! Well that'll be up to you guys if you wanna color at this shop aswell~ ^_^ I didn't know you were here, so I had asked FC who turned out to have an account ^^

tooaya
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-02-2008, 02:05 AM

I don't know if Mou is, but at least I am. x3 *has a B/C shop here too*

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-02-2008, 02:07 AM

Really yay ^__^ <33 I'll go and add you to the front <3

This shop, is separate from the gaia one, so we'll have another PB account and stuff.

Getsurei
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Getsurei Send a message via MSN to Getsurei

Old 02-02-2008, 02:07 AM

I was think of doing a shop here too, but I might just do some art.^^

fatcat17
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-02-2008, 02:24 AM

*rolls around* <3

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-02-2008, 02:49 AM

Oooh Gets does art o.o <33

*pets FC*

Okie I finished everything on the front page~ I'll open it, and then I guess we can work on doing some FS stuff, It's not going to be as intensive as the gaia one~ I'd like for this to be more of a 'pro bono' type of feeling for you guys ^_^ and when I get the chance I'll work on some convertions (gaia gold to mene system) for the costoms.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 02-02-2008, 03:17 AM

• Senpai lurked Luna when she said shop. Mene's items are so much better here.

LunaRei SilverBlood
*^_^*

Old 02-02-2008, 04:54 AM

XD this is the Cafe~ the other breedable pets shop i own ^^ but in mene version XD

and senpai you are right <3 the details are so much better and the variety is cooler. ^^ and I know the free hairstyles <3333 x.x I still have a special place in my heart for gaia, that will never be replaced XD