Yazoo
::...Rest In Peace Ronnie James ...

Old 05-08-2010, 09:41 PM

OOC Thread

[IMGleft]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Divenstein/RPG%20Characters/Uther2.png[/IMGleft]Name: Uther Morgana
Appearance: Long platinum blond hair and white eyes. He's a bit on the short side but he's build well to make up for that and has a light sun tan due to his herbs always requiring him to be outside. He tends to wear brown pants with pockets in them and covers them with buckles and pieces of cloth. He rarely wears a shirt as he gets warm quite easily, showing off the red tattoo he has on his chest and bicep. He doesn't always seem to have his staff with him, something that is unusual for a mage of his tribe, but that doesn't hinder his magic. He also wears gauntlets with buckles on them and has a red string

Personality: Uther is mostly a quiet person, preferring to be by himself instead of surrounded by others. When he is surrounded by others, something that cannot always be helped, he is prone to get bored quite easily, something he tends to voice which doesn't always land him in a good situation. Fortunately he has yet to get seriously hurt in a battle as he can not only fight well, but he also knows quite the amount of spells for escaping, the latter which he prefers to use. He doesn't really care about other people and could pass by a hurt person easily without even glancing at them twice. His words do not always make sense as he likes confusing people with vague words which have strange meanings, if they even mean anything. He prefers to keep the words he does speak short and doesn't use too many words when it is not needed. He rarely sits still, preferring to move some, this is mostly by pushing himself up in his chair using only the strength in his arms. He is not often frightened off by the words of others, knowing he can escape whenever things get too hot and therefore threats rarely work on him. Uther isn't lazy, but he prefers not to do anything that strains him too much as he can always think of better things to spend his time and strength on.
Strange situations rarely bother Uther, as he knows that he has most likely seen stranger ones in his long life, that also being the reason why it's hard to make him lose his cool.
Family: Though Uther has family, he never visits them. He left them behind in the past and he wouldn't mind not seeing them ever again. It doesn't mean he dislikes them, it just means he has absolutely no need whatsoever to interact with them.
Past: He comes from: Myradell; a city of mages, though the strength of the mage tends to depend on the staff and the accessories their staff has. The staffs can get quite strong that way, yet without them the mages are practically as weak as humans. Fortunately the staffs are bound to the mage's DNA so that even when it gets stolen, it can't randomly get used by someone else, making it quite useless for thieves and the likes. Many mages from Myradell specialize in battling, causing a lot of fights to break out on almost a daily basis due to everyone wanting to prove their strength to the others of the tribe.
He left his village several years ago, not liking to be in the middle of all those fights even though they did the necessary of making him strong, both physically as magically. He moved through several parts of the land, mostly where other mages were as well as he cannot live well with the weaker kind known as humans, yet he couldn't find a place to feel comfortable anywhere. He even tried living amongst other species; elves, druids, witches, and though he picked up a little bit of magic from all of them, he couldn't live long with any of them as the difference in species was too big to really be able to live together in peace.
He finally found a spot where he can live freely, dark woods where barely anyone ever comes as they are prone to get lost. He lives in the middle of it as he has been doing for several years now and is one of the only known persons to know the woods inside out and knowing where and where not to venture as there may be an occasional lost dragon as well. There are various fiends and ghouls in the woods which scare off humans, yet he learned early one what the weaknesses are of these kinds and thus knows how to strike them best without getting hurt. And should he get hurt due to carelessness or being overpowered, he can always use the herbs in his garden to heal up almost right away.
His house is build with parts out of nature and magic, and the garden attached to it is protected by a strong magic ward so no monsters or other species can steal them, as is the same with several rooms in his house.
Powers: As mentioned before, Uther has learned several kinds of magic from different species. One of the powers he prefers is the one his own tribe was used for; elemental spirits. He has possession of several spirits, all of which have their own element, and has them attack enemies by merely speaking their name. These spirits were all acquired through hard trials as he first needed to show each of them that he was worthy. There is Istha; a female spirit that goes over fire, Sorda; a male spirit that goes over ice, Roma; a female spirit that goes over water, Tora; Roma's twin brother who goes over lightning.
These powers can, like mentioned before as well, only be used when he has his staff which he always refuses to show to anyone.

Looking for Roleplays~

Last edited by Yazoo; 06-11-2010 at 03:11 AM..

Lindylu
LET ME SHOW YOU MY POKEMANZ!

Old 05-08-2010, 09:46 PM

[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/forum/members/107997-albums5453-picture38689.jpg[/imgleft]Name: Netiv ((Neh-teev)) (this is his first and last name but due to a translation issue it becomes one name originally his name would have been pronounced Nei tievs but that sounds to much like Natives)
Appearance: Long silky black hair, half of it is piled in a topknot at the back of his head while the other half hangs loose down his back, has a thin beard that follows his jawline. Dark brown, almost black eyes and tan skin, Asian. Stands at 5'10" with a slender wiry well muscled build. Dresses in long silk robes with high collars and large draping sleeves, He often uses the sleeves for storage. Doesn't use a wand or staff, but instead relies on incantations. His body is covered in various scars.
Personality: Thinks highly of himself and his abilities. Rather insensitive some times. Is a bit of a philanderer and is popular with women and men equally (Sex is sex and nothing else to him). However these things do not interfere with his work, he takes his work very seriously. Doesn't fully understand his own feelings of loneliness and despair, he dismisses it as him not being busy enough or tracks down someone for the night. There is definitely something lacking in his life. He is fluent in many languages both their written and spoken forms.
Family: His father was but is deceased. His mother is an old woman now and spends her time taking care of his brother who is a glass blower in their homeland. His brother does not possess any magical powers, he is also older than Netiv and has two sons and one daughter of his own. None of them blessed with magical gifts.
Past: He comes from the land of Saozi in the east. He is quite fluent in English as well as his native tongue, but sometimes plays dumb.
In Saozi when a child is found to posses magical abilities they are taken from their family and placed in a home of their own. Until they are 18 their family is allowed to visit them three times a day for meals and company. The houses the mages are given are actually quite nice and for many it is a step up.
Some children are even lucky enough to already have a family that is a Mage and so they are given some company. However after 18 the non magical family is forced to reduce their visits to once a day, this is because it's believed that to much contact with mages will taint the mages and cause them to do bad things.
Since Netiv's father died before he was born Netiv grew up pratically alone. He would spend hours simply sitting in his room reading. When he turned 18 it became worse, he was forbidden from venturing into town more than twice a day.
Then one day a foreigner came to town in search of a mage to employ for an extended amount of time, but he did not have much money. Netiv saw his chance and left with the man. Once he was out he found his routine difficult to break and even now still spends hours alone in his room reading or experimenting with new spells and incantations.
Powers: Netiv's spells are mainly defensive, as a mage employed by a knight for so long that was all he was asked for. He dose posses some healing spells as well however. Many of his defensive spells also function as offensive spells thanks to some creative alterations. Most of his spells are wind and earth based, some are sound based as well. The few purely offensive moves he does possess are fire based for some reason. He does posses one water bubble move that he uses more as a prison spell.
Netiv's magic mainly comes from books that he reads, he is known for making English translations of older books as well. He does not rely just on magic though, his former master spent time teaching him some physical fighting moves as well as the English language in exchange for his protection

Last edited by Lindylu; 06-07-2010 at 11:41 PM..

Yazoo

Old 05-08-2010, 09:55 PM

Uther steps inside the in, free of bags except for a small simple duffel bag casually slung over his shoulder and held there by his hand holding the string, his other hand stuffed into his pocket as he glances around. There are some other people, something he expected, yet none of them grasp his interest.

He moves to the owner and finally removes his hand out of his pocket, dropping several silver coins on the table. "This night, maybe more." he murmurs softly, yet the owner seems to hear him over the noise the other people there make and nods, accepting the coins.

Once he has received his room number, Uther takes the key the owner hands him before stuffing it, and his hand, back into his pocket and moving up the creaky wooden stairs. Keeping his eyes on the numbers lined up next to several doors he moves towards one nearly at the end of the hall. Taking the key out again and checking that is really is his number, he opens it before stepping outside.

He figures he should just dump his bag inside and then go straight to buisness, not wanting to remain in this town any longer that is needed, preferring to go back to his own quiet cottage.

Lindylu

Old 05-08-2010, 10:12 PM

Netiv climbed out of a carriage, he glared at the woman who was driving it.
"Your the worst driver" He said with a sigh as he pulled his bags out of the cabin, "Never again...Never!"

She just laguhed a little and smiled, "That may be so...but it was free" She said as she grabbed the reigns and drove off.

The dark haired man entered the Inn carrying his two brown leather bags in either hand. He approached the desk and smiled, "I believe I have a reservation of sorts?" He said as he set one bag down.
The Innkeeper nodded and passed him a small key with a tag on it. Netiv put the tag in his mouth and picked up the bags heading off up the stairs and down the hall in search of his room.

He dropped one of his bags for a moment and pushed the door open, he kicked the bag in the room and carried the other in, tossing it on his bed and kicking the door shut.
He sighed and leaned back against the door looking up at the ceiling for a moment, "I suppose I should get something to eat... I imagine this place serves food...or Sir Langly would never have put me up here" He muttered a loud.

Netiv didn't really want to leave the room just yet, he was exhausted, but he was also hungry. With a small decisive grumble he pushed the door open and headed down the hall once more, this time in search of a kitchen or some thing.

Yazoo

Old 05-08-2010, 10:21 PM

Uther places his bag onto his bed before leaving the room again, making sure to lock it, before moving down the hall and towards the stairs. He stuffs both hands into his pockets as he starts to walk down. He figures he should have a small bite to eat before setting out, not really feeling like dropping dead due to starvation in the middle of the quest. Things could get... quite nasty if something like that were to happen.

He steps into the small hall reserved for guests who would like to eat before moving to the counter. He's not picky and just grabs a few things that are displayed, hardly taking the time to look at them longer then to make sure they're edible, before paying for the things at the small register.

Picking up the tray he sits down at the nearest table he spots, quite pleased to see it isn't taken yet and starts to keep, mind wandering. 'I wonder which direction I should head in first...' he thinks as he takes a bite of the food, mentally going over all the options as he tries to determine the safest and preferably fastest route to the crystal he needs. Of course, there are more of these kind of crystals so if he can't find it he'll have another shot somewhere else, but this one seems to be the closest to his home, meaning he doesn't have to travel much... that's something he always appreciates.

Lindylu

Old 05-08-2010, 10:36 PM

Netiv walked in grabbing a tray and loading it down with all sorts of cakes and veggies. He'd never really liked the way these people cooked their foods, but you couldn't go wrong were cakes and pies were concerned. His master had always just allowed him to cook for himself.

Looking around though none of the tables were empty, he didn't remember seeing a table in his room. So he selected the least populated table and headed towards it.
He set his tray down and pulled up the chair taking a seat across from Uther.

"I apologize...I hope you won't mind my company during this meal" He said politely as he sat down slowly. Smoothing out his robes around his legs and rolling back the sleeves so that they wouldn't fall into his food.

Yazoo

Old 05-08-2010, 10:46 PM

Uther doesn't reply, merely shrugs lightly in a silent okay, not glancing up at the other as he takes another bite of his food, mind settling on the best route to take to get to his destination.

He figured someone would ask to join his table soon enough due to most other tables having at least two persons at it, some of them even hosting entire groups though the tables aren't big enough for that.

He pokes the jello on his plate lightly, watching it wobble a bit, before taking a small bite from it. At least it doesn't taste as bad as it looks...

Lindylu

Old 05-08-2010, 11:09 PM

Netiv sat there eating his cakes quite contently, pulling off bit's of fruit from the top and popping it in his mouth as he ate.

He was quite happy with his selection in foods, he eyed Uther's jello skeptically. "What strange concoctions they come up with where food is concerned huh?" He asked trying to strike up polite conversation. Where he was from it was common practice to hold conversations when eating, even with strangers.

However he understood that it was not as common here, many people here preferred to eat in silence.

Yazoo

Old 05-08-2010, 11:28 PM

Uther shrugs again, white eyes on the yellowish greenish jelly as he takes another spoon full of the slimy thing. Honestly, he never has been able to figure out how a jelly worked... Should food look like that? Wobble like that? He has yet to see any other food come close... Well, pudding comes pretty close, but even that is still quite far off...

He slips the piece into his mouth. It seems to taste a bit better then earlier, making him wonder if the person who made this is a witch or a mage of sorts... Only magic can make things as strange as this... Taking one last bite he shoves the rest aside and picks up his sandwich. He prefers to eat food he can understand... makes him ponder about actually paying attention to what he grabs next time...

Lindylu

Old 05-08-2010, 11:37 PM

Netiv watched the man shove the food aside and resisted the bizarre temptation to try that himself. It really was such a strange thing.

"It almost looks like an Octopus..." He said watching as it's jiggling stopped. He pushed another forkful of cake into his mouth. He was quite capable of having a conversation with himself.

He smiled "only it has no legs" He said cheerily, he looked at his food and grabbed a piece of celery and snapped it in half slowly pulling the strings out and laying them on his plate.

Yazoo

Old 05-08-2010, 11:51 PM

"Who knows what it had before..." Uther murmurs softly as he takes a bite of his sandwich, though the bored tone he uses for it lets it be known quite easily that he shows no interest in the conversation. Yes. Solid food. Trusty solid food.

At least he can recognize the taste as this item since there is hardly anything that can go wrong with a sandwich as long as the food isn't stale; they all tend to taste the same to him.

Lindylu

Old 05-09-2010, 12:00 AM

Netiv sighed a bit and shrugged off the man's attitude a little, quiet people only intrigued him further. To many Netiv was a pest at first meeting, but often proved to quite a valuable ally when it came down to it. He was almost loyal to a fault with those that he cared about. But most people he simply regarded as toys to be played with. As of yet, this man was nothing more than a new toy.
He sat there eating his celery, quietly and discreetly observing the man in front of him. He was trying to figure out where he had come from, perhaps he could find some common ground. That was always a good start.

When he was finished with his vegetable he looked up at the other man and smiled that almost award winning smile of his, "Where do you come from?" He asked.

Yazoo

Old 05-09-2010, 12:12 AM

"Myradell." Uther murmurs before taking a sip of his water to wash away a few pieces of the breath stuck in his throat, though he wouldn't be surprised if the other hasn't heard of it. Except for mages, barely anyone has ever heard of the small village originally in the mountains... Better yet, it's in a completely different country so the chance of someone from this country knowing about it is even smaller then it normally it.

He places his glass of water down again before taking another piece of bread.

Lindylu

Old 05-09-2010, 12:21 AM

"Ah my master often talks of sending me out there" He said picking a cherry off of a pastry and popping it in his mouth, "I've read up on it though...there's a lot more dependence on physical magical enhancement...But I think I've done quite well on my own...." He paused he'd begun to ramble and he'd caught himself.

"So that would make you a mage...?" He asked, at last something they shared, though this man was not the first mage he'd met. Through his work with his knight he had encountered many, though most of the time they were often on opposing sides.

Yazoo

Old 05-09-2010, 12:27 AM

"Of course not... It makes me a druid..." Uther murmurs slightly sarcastically, though it's a bit of a surprise to him to meet a mage at a place like this, especially by the coincidence of the other sitting with him due to no space left... Well... he's seen stranger things, so it's not that high on the 'weird happenings' scale... About half way tops.

Lindylu

Old 05-09-2010, 12:34 AM

"Oh ha ha" Netiv said in reply to the sarcasm, though he didn't seem to be to phased by it, "If you were a druid you wouldn't even be here...".
"You don't see many mages running around though...what brings you out of the wood work?" He asked, still picking at his food.

Yazoo

Old 05-09-2010, 12:39 AM

"I fail to see how that is your concern..." Uther murmurs, taking the last bite of his sandwich before taking another sip of his drink. He eyes the jelly... Nope. He's still not going to eat it. He picks up the apple, the last bit of food he purchased before taking a bite out of it.

He faintly wonders how the other can tell him that a mage doesn't run around often while he practically admitted being one himself... He chooses not to comment on it though.

Lindylu

Old 05-09-2010, 12:49 AM

Netiv shrugged, "No need to be rude I was only making conversation" He said as he finished off his his last piece of celery with a small smile.
He leaned back in his chair slowly unrolling his sleeves as he looked around, "I can tell you that I am here on business. My lord has sent me out to look for somethings for him"

Yazoo

Old 05-09-2010, 01:03 AM

Uther shrugs, not really too interested in why the other is here. As long as the information is useless to him he just doesn't have interest in the conversation... Lords tend to let mages do silly little quests anyway, no need to listen to the tales of a lap dog, right?

Lindylu

Old 05-09-2010, 01:15 AM

Netiv sat there licking his fingers and then wiping them on a napkin almost daintily. He sighed a bit and stood up slowly, "Well I am done then...You certainly were an interesting conversation" he said sarcastically.
He picked up the tray and shook his head, he hoped the mage would still be here in the morning. His silence and indifference intrigued him.

Hid did hope that they weren't off looking for the same thing though, that would make things difficult.

Yazoo

Old 05-09-2010, 01:18 AM

"And I appreciate how you let me eat in peace..." Uther murmurs back, the same sarcastic undertone in his voice as he takes another bite of his apple, shifting his white eyes to the other for a split second before turning them back to the table. Since the other is a mage as well... might be nice to at least know what he looks like.

Lindylu

Old 05-09-2010, 01:30 AM

Netiv headed back to his room and settled in for the night.

When he woke the next morning he found that breakfast was a lot less populated, and found a seat to himself. This worked out pretty well, he pulled a small roll of parchment from his sleeve and spread it on the table as he picked at his eggs and bacon. These were the only thing that were cooked in a way he was accustomed to.

The dark haired man trailed one finger over the paper, it was littered with runes and his own native handwriting. It was a habit of his to write in his native language when he was rushed or taking notes. It took up less room and was a little more efficient than English anyway.

Yazoo

Old 05-09-2010, 01:36 AM

Uther runs a hand through his hair as he walks into the hall, his other hand in his pocket once again as he gets some food. He spots the mage from the previous day from the corner of his eye with what seems like a parchment. Taking only a few pieces of fruit this time and some orange juice, he sits down at a table not too far away from the other's, starting to eat. Yesterday he got the preparations for the travel done, today he'll actually go out into the mountains as far as he can before darkness strikes so he can calculate about how long it would take to get to the place.

Tapping his foot lightly on the floor, his brows furrow slightly. Mountains. Cold. Damn. He forgot his coat. Heating spell it is...

Lindylu

Old 05-09-2010, 01:53 AM

Netiv could be heard muttering under his breath as he shoved his food into his face not really noticing he was using his pencils as chopsticks, despite the fact that he was still useing them as pencils too.

"I can't imagine what use Langly has for this..." Netiv muttered to himself, "Perhaps it is for decoration..." He questioned himself.

Yazoo

Old 05-09-2010, 01:57 AM

Uther glances at the other from the corner of his eyes once more before looking away again with a slight shudder. He doesn't want to see anyone eat with his pencils ever again...

He removes his hand from his pocket to peel his banana before putting it back in it again as he starts to eat, sitting back in his chair. He doubts he'll need to worry about taking food with him for supplies... but just to be sure he should probably buy a little extra before he leaves...