Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 05:41 AM

When the other didn't wake up when he called, Xion groaned and rolled his eyes before pushing the door open and walking in.

He was at Fenrir's bedside already, shaking the other man, and considering pulling the covers off.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 05:52 AM

Fenrir felt the hands on his body and woke with a start, jerking his boy around violently and considering throttling the culprit. Moments before he did so he woke enough to realize it was Xion and calmed down a little, still holding a hand to his beating heart.

"Fuck. Don't touch me while I'm asleep. I get this subconscious awareness of any possible person I trust in the vicinity and if they touch me sure, why not. But I might murder you some time if you keep trying that." Fenrir fell silent and took a deep breath before standing up and hurrying to the bathroom, if only to escape the verbal abusing he was sure to receive.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:05 AM

Xion watched the other shuffle off to the bathroom, still staring after the other man was no longer in sight.

He was brought back to awareness when he heard that annoying beeping yet again, and he knew it would be their new part-time jobs.

He sighed and walked out of the room, and into the common area, reading the text from the company on the little communication device, which by some miracle was still working after the previous day's roughness.

He dropped the item on the couch and went to the kitchen to make breakfast, trying to tell himself that the job was something completely different.

A job at a candy store. Both of them. And all the arrangements had already been made. They were to eat, get dressed, and go to work as soon as they were ready.

"Damn," he said, staring at the eggs he had been frying in a pan.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:16 AM

Fenrir shut the bathroom door and stuck his head and shoulders under the shower for a moment to wake up; following which he turned it off and dried himself off. He ran a brush through his hair, washed his face and completed his morning routine in the distracted silence that spoke of years of practice.

He looked in the mirror and tried to pull the edge of the gray shirt up over the edge of the scar that ran almost to his collarbone before he left the bathroom for the kitchen. To his surprise, Xion was cooking again and Fenrir smiled slightly before he realized what he was doing and wiped the expression from his face.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:25 AM

He was putting the eggs on to plates when Fenrir came out from that bathroom.

"Some candy shop..." he said, pointing to the device with the spatula. He shook his head, " I hate candy."

He had already decided that this was going to be a terrible job, and what made it worse was the fact that he would be stuck with Fenrir while he was working. Well... Maybe working with Fenrir wouldn't be that bad, it's not like there was anything seriously wrong with him or something.

When he looked up, his eyes widened slightly, and he looked back at the plates, "Um... Maybe you should put a little more on..."

Last edited by Alexander Linden; 07-18-2008 at 04:05 PM..

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:52 AM

Looking in the direction of the spatula, Fenrir saw the beeping device that was slowly becoming the bane of their lives. He moaned softly in response and walked over to the plates of eggs.

"I like candy once in a while, but thinking about working in a shop makes my teeth hurt." He spoke casually, and picked up his plate with a quiet word of thanks as he walked towards their table.

The brown-haired male held up his hands in a loose imitation of the prayer he had watched his companion preform before their previous meals, and nodded quickly, moving on to eat his food. He couldn't bring himself to say anything, and thought afterwords that he probably looked like an idiot and shouldn't have even have, for some unknown reason, tried.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 04:07 PM

Xion tilted his head, watching the other man as he took the plate and sat down, a curious look appearing on his face.

"What are you doing?" he asked, finally picking up his owm plate and walking over to the table to sit down and eat as well.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 05:59 PM

Fenrir twitched a little and took another bite before responding. "Nothing."

He had rather hoped Xion wouldn't say anything, but he knew he couldn't really have expected anything else.

He kept eating in relative silence and stood up to carry his plate to the sink once he had finished.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:07 PM

"hn. A candy store," Xion said again, taking a bite of his breakfast, "I've never had a part time job before."

His statement wasn't really made for discussion, and he didn't expect Fenrir to answer him anyway. He hurried to finish his food, seeing that Fenrir had already finished before him, and he decided he would clean the dishes when the other man went to get dressed.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:16 PM

Fenrir paused before the trashcan, and scraped the remaining morsels from his plate before he rinsed it completely clean and left it in the sink with his silverware. Stretching his arms over his head, he yawned just slightly, and moved towards his room to get dressed properly.

There he pulled on his pants and replaced his tank top with a clean version of what he had been wearing the day before followed by his vest.

His hand hesitated for a long time over the sword that lay perfectly cleaned on top of his dresser. "I always wear it." He muttered. "But I can't imagine any shop own in the world would appreciate me doing so."

With a sigh he turned to his bag and pulled out a weapon something like a large pocket-knife, and slid it onto his pocket.

Once sure that everything was in order and he hadn't forgotten to do anything, he exited the room.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:22 PM

Xion set to work cleaning the dishes, making sure to keep his belled sleeves fromg getting wet.

Today was going to be a long day, he thought to himself, and wondered what sort of uniform they would be wearing at the candy store. He rarely wore anything other then the different colored versions of his current uniform, and it seemed odd that be might have to wear something completely different.

Xion was setting the dishes on the rack to dry when Fenrir emerged from his room, and he picked up a dish towel to dry off his hands.

"Ready to go then?" he asked, already knowing what the answer would be.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:33 PM

Fenrir blinked and realized his room mate had been doing the dishes. "Oh.. I could've... done thos.." He trailed off and shook his head. "Never mind I'm ready."

He checked the beeper and memorized the address as he waited for any last minute preparation the other man needed to do. Once he assumed they were both ready, he headed for the door to the apartment and the stairs to the ground.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:47 PM

Xion nodded and followed the other man out the door. He closed and locked it, the decended the stairs and went out to the street, walking the familiar sidewalk to the candy store that they were supposed to be working at now.

It wasn't just a normal candy store. It seemed to also sell stuffed animals, baked goods and iced drinks. Great. If there weren't going to be enough children here for the candy, there was bound to be even more for the stuffed toys.

He sighed, "I really don't like kids."

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 07:13 PM

Fenrir laughed and patted Xion on the shoulder. "Come on they're only normally fairly loud." He laughed in a teasing tone. Truth be told, he wasn't terribly excited about this strange job himself, but he wasn't about to admit it.

He pushed open the glass door with the tinkle of a small bell and looked around. 'Hello?" He said into the dim empty store and took a hesitant few steps forward to the main counter.

Suddenly the lights around them flickered to life and he restrained the urge to jump in surprise. Moments later, a short elderly lady came out from the back room with a pleasant smile. "Are you my new workers?" She asked, and Fenrir nodded in reply. "I'm Fenrir White." Nice to meet you.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 08:15 PM

Xion recoiled slightly at the touch on his shoulder.

"Fairly loud..." he repeated, and followed Fenrir into the store. When the lights came on his first instinct was to cling to whatever was closest to him, and this just happened to be Fenrir. He looked up at Fenrir and then away, pulling away as quickly as he could. There was no way to hide that.

An elderly lady was already talking to them now and he heard Fenrir introduce himself.

"Xion... Jiang..."

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 09:11 PM

It took Fenrir's mind a few moments to process the unusual behavior this companion had just displayed, and by that time he was already talking to their employer. He cast a sideways glance at Xion with a raised eyebrow before returning his attention to the lady before them.

"I hope you don't mind wearing uniforms you two. I finished the second one last night." She explained in a cheerful tone and tottered towards the back room again with a motion for them to follow her.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 09:21 PM

Xion slumped a bit at the mention of uniforms. He knew that this would be coming, yet he had tried to put it out of his mind. He would have to wear something... different for a change.

He sighed as the woman brought over the uniforms, handing a folded up suit to Fenrir.

"What a handsome boy," she said, giving Fenrir's cheek a light squeeze, and moving over to Xion with his uniform.

Xion's eyes widened as he looked down at the uniform. Dark lace and a wite collar, and stockings. A... dress?

"And what a pretty girl. Oh! You're a little taller then I thought. Sorry it's a touch short! My my. I remember when I was young. I was engaged when I was your age. Are you two together?"

Xion was speechless for a moment, not knowing at all what to say. He stared at the uniform, then slowly looked up.

"G - girl?" He looked up at Fenrir, expecting the taller man to fall over laughing, as he looked back at the elderly woman.

"I'm not a girl! And we're not together! We only just met!"

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 09:35 PM

Fenrir nodded and took the suit. It was well made, though the style was a bit old fashioned and reminded him of a butler. "Maybe that's the point." He thought as he watched the maid's dress go by followed by the exchange of words between the woman and Xion.

"I'm sorry." She said cheerfully to Xion. "Be a good young lady and go get dressed, we open in a few minutes."

Fenrir turned away and held a hand over his mouth, trying to stifle the laughing that was shaking his body. He took a few deep breaths a while later, and worked on straightening his face before he turned around again.

"This is my roommate, that's all. We accidentally got the same job." He spoke very matter of factly, bringing her attention away from Xion. It was the easiest possible explanation being as they couldn't exactly go around announcing they were hired killers.

"Thank you for hiring us." He said with a half bow and hurried back to find a place he could change into the uniform.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 09:41 PM

"I... I'm not a lady!" Xion said with a blush and went to go change into the outfit anyway. This was what she had made for him, meaning that there was no other uniform left for him to wear. He hit Fenrir's arm when he could see that he was trying to hold back laughter.

"What's so funny, you bid dumb idiot?" He demanded.

"My my, ladies should not be so loud," the woman scolded.

When he realized just how short the dress actually was, he decided to leave the black uniform shorts on underneath, hoping the woman wouldn't notice.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 10:16 PM

Fenrir jerked his arm away with a noise and looked at the ceiling with his best innocent face. "Nothing is funny. I don't know what you're talking away."

He turned and walked swiftly across the room, moving half behind a stack of boxes to remove his shirt and pants respectively, and replace them with his new uniform.

When he stepped out, he shrugged and brushed the fabric into place. It fit well and was well made. He packed his other clothing into a small pile and left it on an empty shelf above his head to be retrieved later. Following these actions, he sat on a short stool and waited for his companion, telling himself mentally to restrain as much laughter as possible or he might get punched again. Accompanying this thought he held a hand gingerly to the sore spot on his cheek bone and sighed softly.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 11:00 PM

He came back from the back room a few minutes later, his face a bright red. He was glad he had those shorts on or... bending over would really suck.

He looked at Fenrir, and looked away, trying to hide his blush. This was way too embarassing. The store was going to open soon, and he had to wear this stupid little maid outfit. Why did Fenrir get to wear something nice, and he had to wear girl's clothes?

He shook his head, "Stupid hag."

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 11:06 PM

Fenrir watched him come out with a bemused grin. "Hey at least this is better then something like..." He thought for a moment, "working at a nudist bar."

He couldn't help but chuckle a little as he stood up and walked back towards the front of the store and their employer. She smiled at him and nodded, straightening his bow tie so that it was perfect.

"Come on dear." She cooed, moving to Xion and looking down. "You can't wear shorts under a dress." Fenrir followed her with his eyes, and turned away to keep from being seen laughing again. He felt almost bad for the other man, then wondered why he should care, they weren't on good terms in any case. Or so he was determined to believe seeing as he had been outright punched the day before.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 11:16 PM

"A nudist bar? Oh, you'd love that, wouldn't you? Well I think that would be better then having to wear girl's clothes anyway!" he snapped at the taller man, a finger pointed into his chest. But the man was laughing and walking away now.

He growled a bit, just as he heard the woman's voice behind him. All the color drained from his face in that moment. He had to WHAT?

"Take of the shorts? But this dess is so short!"

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2008, 11:20 PM

Her wrinkled face smiled. "So modest." She moved forward and started straightening the outfit out the way she wanted. "It's not that short and the ruffles should cover your up anyway. Just ask your roommate to get anything high up and don't climb any ladders."

Fenrir leaned on the counter until he was given instructions to unlock the door and turn the open sign in the window on. These tasks he completely quickly before he returned with a half smirk to watch the proceedings.

Alexander Linden
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-18-2008, 11:25 PM

Xion blushed some more, and with a grumble, went to go take the shorts off and fold them to store with his Blade uniform.

He came back a minute later and looked at Fenrir.

"Don't make me smack that smirk off your face."