Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-09-2016, 03:52 PM

They sat at the table with Gage staring at a distant spot rather than his food in a way most people would find disconcerting. He couldn't really help it, even if he stared at someone. He still felt a little awkward about the other's presence and his help, but it was nice in its own way if he could let himself trust it. He could probably use a step-back though. "Do you plan to go running in the woods any time soon?" he finally murmured after a period of silence, his voice almost so quiet only special ears would be able to hear it.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 06-09-2016, 07:55 PM

Asha glanced up from the food he was eating and considered. "Yes.." his own voice was just as low, mouth barely moving as he tilted his head. "Wanna come? this time it's more so i can explore them rather then hunt for food and the like.." asha tried to keep the hope out of his voice. he wasn't used to being alone, he'd always had siblings hunting with him or making his life a pain..so the sudden absence of his family unit left him feeling a tad..disconnected..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-12-2016, 06:31 PM

Gage hesitated in silence. Though his face didn't show any emotion on it. Should he take the offer? He'd asked with the hope that they might be able to run and fly as beasts again, even if the idea still made him anxious. Asha certainly wasn't dangerous so far, but he was still a panther and Gage was still just a blind bat. Experience said to always be cautious of others. And yet...he just wanted to fly with this other shifter. "I do. Meet by the stream at midnight?" he added in a low murmur. No one would overhear this conversation of pay it any mind, but he felt better whispering such details anyway.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 06-13-2016, 01:41 PM

Asha smiled and it showed in his voice which was laced with pleasure. "You bet. It'll be nice to have someone else with me when i explore.." though he pitied any animal that tried to attack him or Gage. because he'd defend them both. focusing back on his meal he'd taken a more 'human' portion then what he really needed so for him it was more of a snack. but he'd gotten tired of being stared at about the amount of food his body could put away. so he just 'snacked' through the day when around normal people and then ate his fill at home or on the hunt. though that night all he was interested in was exploring.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2016, 07:49 PM

"Good. I know the area well," he murmured back before returning to his food as well. It seemed strange that Gage could make another person happy with a simple agreement to meet, but it left him a little warm and confident. The unfamiliar feeling left him a little inattentive for a second. He noticed the quick and sharp footsteps coming toward them only when they were almost on them. He turned, sitting up straight just as the young girl bounced up to their table with a cry.

"Brother! You have a friend?!" Maria exclaimed with incredulity. "I had no idea. I thought you told me everything." Humming, she came to lean up against the back of his seat chair with a comfortable energy that was entirely opposite of her brother.

Gage looked back toward Asha, shifting away from Maria's arms in the same movement, seeming to sink just slightly into his chair. Not that he didn't adore his sister in almost every way, but her energy and confidence drew eyes no matter where she went...and planted them on everyone she was with. "Is it that time already? You should go, Asha...."

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-16-2016, 11:13 PM

Asha's eye's narrowed at the girl just bursting in on them like that then he frowned at Gage. "Why.." alright a hint of hurt had entered his voice at that. he swallowed it down and stood up though. if the other didn't want him there that was fine. "Never mind your probably right." he picked up his tray and turned. he hadn't once looked at the girl more then just to notice her..hell his eye's had definitely been for just Gage. and seeing the other so uncomfortable made him want to snarl at the girl. couldn't she be careful? did she have to make Gage uncomfortable? 'stop that she's his sister. he's probably used to it.' why he felt so protective of the other and wanted him comfortable in whatever environment they where in was beyond him. he supposed because he was fast considering Gage his friend. and he liked his friends happy.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-19-2016, 05:59 PM

Gage kept his gaze lowered, sure that Asha was somehow trying to catch his eye. Even thought he couldn't know that for sure, just like he couldn't know that Maria was frowning in silence now. And yet he still knew this. "Just go. Don't want to explain you," he muttered, only half forming sentences. It was a strange desire, but one he followed instinctively. He didn't want to show off or explain his new friendship with his parents. He didn't want to explain where he would go at night and who he would meet with. It shouldn't matter, but he still didn't want to share.

After listening to Asha's steps leave, they sat in silence for half a second before Maria spoke. "That was rude. I wanna meet your friend," she pouted.

"Mum and dad are here."

Maria turned her head and sure enough, right after Asha had left them, their parents walked in from the other direction. Gage just signed in relief, glad to keep his secret friend a secret.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-21-2016, 02:02 AM

Asha was awaiting Gage at the spot they'd talked about. he was in his furred form and had already deposited his bag up into upper branches so that it was safe and he could find it again. then he'd stretched out on a branch and waited for Gage to meet up with him. tail twitching as h e held his place and watched the animals below him. hell some of them where stupid rabbits out for the first time from their den and he had to fight the urge to pounce on them.

He finally looked up as he heard noise, it sounded like wings but as he looked he couldn't exactly see his friend so maybe it was a bird?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-22-2016, 11:44 PM

Gage left a while after the sun set, but still before their meeting time, knowing it would take his bat form some time to reach his destination. Maria nagged him all day, leaving him alone only when he sat down at the grand piano and started pounding Mozart. He was more than happy for the feeling of his besting wings and found the meeting spot soon enough. Dropping to a branch above the panther, he swung upside down to give Asha a squeak in greeting. It didn't even occur to him that his new friend might be upset about earlier that day.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-23-2016, 01:20 AM

Asha glanced up and some knot in his stomach came undone as he cat grinned up at the other and gave a little rumbling in greeting of his own. his eye's dancing with mirth at seeing the other he stood up and reached up with his nose to nuzzle the little fuzzy body. but not hard enough to dislodge Gage from the branch he was gripping. he'd have to remember to ask the other how on earth he found him in a tree..

He didn't remember if bat's had a good sense of smell..hopping down off the branch he shifted human in a clump of Bushes. "So where should we go to first?" he asked once he could talk.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-26-2016, 04:32 PM

Gage tensed because of the nuzzle but the feeling left him warm even after Asha pulled away again. Letting go, he fluttered down to the forest floor as well where he hesitated to shift back. Now that he'd allowed himself time to think about it, even in a forest he should not spend time with another person while naked. It was human principle and he was half human after all, but it was also impossible for his bat form to carry anything. Deciding he had no choice, she shifted to human anyway. "Wherever is fine," he murmured back. "I don't really know that there is that much to....see here anyway..." He trailed off into silence again.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-28-2016, 02:48 AM

Asha considered and shrugged. "Well I'll fallow you." he said, warmth lacing his voice as he shifted back and stretched, making the leaves around him rustle as he did a quick shake to get his fur settled. then he padded out to sniff around picking up a few scents here and there but all aged. meaning that the maker of the scent was long gone, he politely kept his head turned so that Gage could shift back into a bat form before they headed off to look around.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-29-2016, 11:50 PM

"If you want," Gage muttered, sounding neither thrilled at the idea of leading nor shooting it down. He simply shifted back and crept his way up the tree trunk so he could get a decent enough bit of air to flutter up from. Most bat forms simply weren't well built for flying up from the ground. Getting some good height, he moved his tiny body in circles to get a good view of everything. Then, he took off in a random direction farther away from his own home. Dipping through the tree branches, he led the way, not capable to moving fast enough to lose a panther like Asha. Really, why was that guy following him anyway? It was the reverse of their first encounter.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-30-2016, 09:34 AM

Asha padded after the other, occasionally climbing the tree's to jump from limb to limb after the other as he'd shifted back to panther form. his paws made no sound on the ground or even in the tree's, well to human ears, to a bat, Gage would hear the branches groaning and the occasional rustle of leaves as asha fallowed him. just enjoying the time with his new friend. even if they didn't go anywhere in particular.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-06-2016, 05:13 PM

Gage flew for a while, circling around sometimes so Asha was in front of him and he could keep track of the other. It wasn't like he needed to drop back so he could see Asha, but there as something about the hearing sounds from all angles that he liked. Even if the panther moved as silently as possible, he could still hear paws and branches, leaves crunching on the forest floor, or an acorn dropping to the ground, dislodged by the panther's movements. He'd be able to locate Asha without echolocation, but he loved the way the panther looked and moved under that kind of vision too.

Finally, Gage reached the stream that ran through the woods. It was more of a ditch really, something that rain water flowed into during the spring, but turned into a trickle otherwise. Nothing bigger than a minnow lived in there, no doubt choked out by the human debris that got carried in after the most recent rain. He caught a branch with his feet and swung down, waiting for Asha to stop with him.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-06-2016, 06:13 PM

Ash reached the spot the other's scent came from and sat down beneath him as he looked around, ears twitching every which way as he tracked all the sounds in the area so that he'd know if anything went wrong. 'Wow..' it might of been small but he liked it. shifting human again Asha padded to the stream and crouched down. making a mental note to come back the next day to clear it up. "This is nice.." he called up to Gage. voice warm and laced with happiness.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-12-2016, 10:39 PM

Gage let himself return to his human form as well, staying up on the tree's branch that was sturdy enough to support him. He shifted up against the trunk, his eyes closed as he attuned his ears to the surroundings. "I always liked the sound of the water here, even the ring of it echoing inside tin cans," he murmured back. "Maybe it doesn't look nice, I don't know, but if you just close your eyes, don't you think it becomes very beautiful?" He spoke in a reverent tone, continuing to keep his eyes closed as he tilted his head up toward the tree branches where he could feel the breeze sifting through the leaves to make patterns on his face. Every particle of that feeling was beautiful to him.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-13-2016, 12:37 AM

Asha watched the other and felt his own breath catch. watching the other enjoy nature was..well it was awe inspiring. he made a mental note to snag the other out to the woods more often.. he could get addicted to it that was for sure. "Yes.. it is very Beautiful.." Asha's voice was slightly husky and he coughed, cheeks heating up as he swatted his hormones with a mental fist telling them to behave. "maybe we could come out here every couple of nights.. or as often as your able to get away anyways.."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-15-2016, 07:13 PM

Gage let his eyes slide open again, finding Asha's voice. For a brief second, he wondered what the other man looked like. It was a strange thought, one that hit him only every now and then these days, but felt as strong as ever. Would he like looking at Asha? Did Asha like looking at him? He knew he liked the sound of his voice that grew slightly husky and shiver inducing. "Yeah, sounds good," he muttered back. "My parents don't care where I go as long as I'm in bat form and Maria can keep a secret. I guess that's what you are..." But Asha was a good secret and he was Gage's and Gage's alone to keep.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-15-2016, 07:33 PM

Asha wasn't sure why but being Gage's secret made him feel..special. he wasn't used to feeling special. or hell having someone wanting to keep him all to themselves it was new and unfamiliar territory and yet at the same time..exciting. "Well then we can meet every night or couple of days depending on your an dmy schedules..I'll leave my number with you so you can call me when y our free if you want.." and asha defiantly wanted to spend time with the other. he refused to think about why. seeing as the last boyfriend he'd had had been human and had NOT reacted well to finding out asha was a shifter. but gage WAS a shifter so maybe it wouldn't be a problem? and if Asha kept sneaking looks at Gage.. taking in his face and his movements..well that was His secret..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-22-2016, 08:02 PM

Gage nodded his head as he finally stretched out to go crouch by the water, letting his fingertips trail in the sluggish stream. It felt cool now, but he knew in a minute, the water would warm around his fingers and it wouldn't feel like he was touching anything at all. It wasn't late enough in the season to chill the water much. "Alright. Just tell me your number now. I can memorize numbers well since I can look at anything for reference." He'd put it in his phone when he got home, always just keeping a small amount in it for easy scrolling and counting down to the one he wanted. Smart phones were good with voice commands now if he ever got on of those. He supposed it would make things easier though he liked the old school phone he grew up and familiar with. "Do you want to explore any more tonight?"

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-23-2016, 03:53 AM

Asha moved and crouched down himself reaching out to slide his hand into the water, a small shudder running through him. "Sure.." he wouldn't mind spending more time with Gage. then he rattled off his cellphone number, waiting for the other to repeat it back to be sure he had it right before giving a contented sigh. this was. nice.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2016, 12:45 AM

The water rippled around Gage's fingers, sending tiny shivers of information along his body. It was almost like echolocation in a way, except he couldn't read the information as well. He slipped his eyes closed again and let his mind wander for a second. What would it be like to be a shark and read each movement of the water like most people read words on a page. Most people. He pursed his lips, feeling the pressure even if he couldn't see the expression himself. "Got it," he said, repeating the number back for Asha almost a minute after the other boy first said it. Gage just didn't feel rushed though. Tonight, they were all alone with each other, but unbeknownst to them, another figure walked down the streets, moving toward the little apartment Asha currently called home. The fact that the other wasn't there only infuriated him as he sat down on the steps to wait, a dark scowl coloring an otherwise almost perfect face.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-27-2016, 02:37 PM

Asha tilted his head and watched the other, a smile flashing across his lips. "It always takes me a while to learn numbers, I'm not very good with them.." at least so far in this town he seemed to be safe. well more like his past hadn't caught up to him again ..yet anyways. maybe he could set down roots and form a life here? Hope, forever a double edged sword. the hope for something better then what one already had, the hope for a life free of fear and pain. and maybe having someone in your life you didn't have to fear upsetting. after all it had been a month since he'd moved to that town. and his past hadn't caught up. yet anyways.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-27-2016, 04:31 PM

Gage hummed in response, not sure what else to say. He didn't mind just staying here, but he had no conversation points to add either. Sure they could talk about music, but he didn't feel like that either. It would make for a dull night if this kept on. "Do you want to stay here a little longer or are you ready to go?" he finally asked after a minute. Pulling away from the water's edge, he shook his fingers dry as he turned toward the sound of Asha's voice. "I wouldn't want to bore you with my lack of conversation."