Nightmaren
A Simple Neglectable Oddity

Old 05-02-2013, 01:11 AM

Well, usually Lead, though.
Nightmaren, here to, well, draw. I suppose it's like a gallery, but I would absolutely love for you to critique my work. Most of it will be in black and white, and unfortunately low quality, since I don't have a working scanner. I have to take a picture with my phone and email it to myself. v.v Ah, the minor trivial issues with sharing work.
Now, feel free for light or harsh criticism, or simple comments.

I suppose, to start it off, I'm going to upload a picture of the genderless Nightmaren. So no reproductive systems. With Androgynous forms, I like to make it so there's no evidence of mammary glands or the related parts in either gender, hence the smooth chest. And the lack of a navel is a fun addition in my mind.

Title: Arrival. Caption:
-hold up paper that drifted in the wind- "Menewsha, eh? Sounds wonderful. Perhaps I should go visit. I'd like to see... just what types of people are there."

Last edited by Nightmaren; 05-02-2013 at 01:14 AM..

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 05-02-2013, 01:57 AM

It looks really lovely in my opinion!
I also REALLY LOVE how you gave it a title and such and adorable caption! That just makes it all the better! ♥

Nightmaren

Old 05-02-2013, 02:04 AM

Thank you. When I draw, even if I don't want to, I always daydream up reasons behind expressions and poses, so I can't help but want to title and caption them. I rather like it too, I'm glad it didn't turn out annoying.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 02:07 AM

Strange and interesting people await you there :D

Great art ^^ I like how they're captioned, it's not often a picture has a story connected to it ^^

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 05-02-2013, 02:09 AM

You are welcome. ^_^
That is always a good thing to do, keeps your creativity flowing and helps you to feel inspired!
It is always great when things work out!

waytodawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-04-2013, 04:30 AM

Awesome drawing, I love the ragged and harsh look it has and the theme; it's like starting a new journey and forgetting trivial past. You should definitely post more.

Nightmaren

Old 05-04-2013, 12:36 PM

Thank you. It's funny, I found an old drawing today I thought I might upload. The effect was unintentional, mostly it's because I have no scanner and have to take pictures on my phone.

Don't know what people will think about this one. Honestly, I don't either.

Title: Drowning. Caption:
The mind can swallow you and hold you deeper than any ocean. The difference is, with your mind, it's harder to swim to the surface, bound by memories.

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 11:07 AM ----------

I feel somewhat awkward for posting twice in not too long a time frame, but I just finished a drawing of Kyoki Faust, my character. I touched up the face due to bad quality, but the drawing on paper looks better to me. Except for the eye's coloring. And the picture I took got a tad distorted around the waist. Or, at least it looks not so miniscule on the drawing. She's supposed to be thin, but that just wouldn't work. xD
And before I show it, first a little bit of details about it.
Kyoki Faust, like Nightmaren which is a simple avatar and website name for me (Nightmaren is based off of Kyoki) is technically genderless, but is referred to as female. The grey mass behind her is something called Disorder. It can form into humanoid or animalistic beings, but is usually just a deformed mass, and what it touches it decays. The green and black aura behind her is made up of souls.
I don't roleplay her, unless it is a diluted version, because she is meant more as a main antagonist to the stories I have attempted.
And she's my favourite character of mine.
So, without further ado:

Title: Me, Myself, And I. Caption:
-places hand against the one reaching up in what seems to be agony- "Ah, my friend, my companion. You are my Disorders, my Voices, my Mind. And so, with you, I am never alone.

waytodawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-04-2013, 11:49 PM

Nightmaren, you are so good at drawing! >.< The detail is just amazing and I love the character in the second one. o3o If you ever made an RP about the storyline/idea, I would love to join, but I've never really joined an RP before. o-o I love the character design for the Disorder, they sound like a badass species. <3
I love dark things like this. <: I also like the image you posted before the Disorders one, it makes me think of being trapped by some memories and the people I've met in the past.

Nightmaren

Old 05-05-2013, 12:19 AM

Out of curiosity and boredom, I did actually make a roleplay. And it's the first one I'd have on this site. So I'm not too good with it. ^^i I'd love it if you'd join me in it. If you'd like to, it is called Hollow City.
And that's what I believe I was thinking when I was drawing the drowning one! I believe that's why the faceless people are there, with the missing eyes.
And thank you very much! ^^ I'm glad people like my work. I tend to have a low self esteem, and the few comments I've gotten have been making me feel a bit brighter than usual.

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 05-05-2013, 11:52 AM

Incredibly meaningful art. I love all three of them. Your character looks splendid! the detail is magnificent :D

Nightmaren

Old 05-05-2013, 01:36 PM

Thank you very much. I'm glad you like them. ^^

Shenow
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-06-2013, 03:58 PM

I LOVE HOW DEADLY IT IS O3O! I'm intersted in these arts! and i will keep following this thread to see what u got new!!
Nice drawing keep going :3!
Love
Shenow

Nightmaren

Old 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM

Thank you. I'll be sure to keep posting, then. ^^

Shenow
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2013, 11:05 AM

Kewl thing and i will be waiting c:

Nightmaren

Old 05-20-2013, 09:17 PM

Alright. So I found my Pen Pad. Or Tablet. Or whatever. The USB thingy that plugs into my laptop. And I was trying to make portraits matching a generator made for RPG maker VX Ace, of Kyoki Faust. I decided to stick with an edited anime picture, but I thought I might show a few pictures I made of it. I'm not too good with the angle I made, but it was worth a try. There's quite a few that look rather similar, please forgive me for that, but I did it with various layers.

ArtworkX

The purpose of the glasses is rather simple. If you look at the last few, you'll see that the whites of the eyes are black. In the dark, Kyoki's irises and pupils will also glow white, with a purpleish tint in the iris. In the light, they both become reflective. So the glasses, all they do, is make the Whites look, well, white, and stop the glow and reflective nature. Though even still, Kyoki doesn't blend in well, but looks a bit more likely to fit in. More of a courtesy thing, seeing as the glow and reflection could be distracting and hurt eyes.

Also, the giant grin is used even in more more realistic-ish drawings. Kyoki is not human, and its smile is nowhere near matching a human smile.

Shenow
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-27-2013, 07:34 AM

Amazing O3O is this your 1st time wid tablet? If that's right then You're awesome xD cuz when i started i was a fail :3 KEEP GOING~!! The face shape and draw- coloring is pretty goood , But you'll need to fix the clothes and hair and it will be awesome :3
Annd i will be always here for u to cheer up for you xD
Go Nightmaren go nightmaren !! xDD
Love
Shenow

Nightmaren

Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 AM

Thank you. ^^ This time, I did a little digital touch up.

Here's my original drawing: (I added the words digitally, but this is more the original)

And here's the Touch Up:

I love the way this one turned out. I was practicing with different eye styles, my classmates say that it looks like Kuroshitsuji Undertaker, so I tried his eye style. With Kyoki's eyes, of course. I think I like it.

Shenow
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 AM

Okaaaaaaaaaay this is coool ;D!!! u're cool x3 eveything is cool o3o some how the digital art is muuuch better than ur hand draw! xD! I LOVED IT x3!! still cheering up!! :3 keeep going brother ;D

Nightmaren

Old 06-08-2013, 11:17 PM

Thank you.^^

I like how this one turned out. Completely digital. It's for a website called Crimson Moon, just a little battle picture, a profile picture type thing, for messages and such.

Kyoki Faust and a form, because on that website, you can choose Vampire, Werewolf, or a Hybrid, and I chose the Hybrid. So that's the Hybrid form, quite simply.
I need to get back to making captionable pictures.

Click here to join that website, if you want to. It's not an avatar site, just one of those things where you click and do stuff, text based.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-05-2013, 03:38 PM

Here I am, liking these but thinking they could be a little better in proportion, then you drop your fantastic paint skills on me! /(OAO)/ That touch up is fantastic especially.

Edit: Forgot to mention I love the creature in your third drawing. How is anyone patient enough to draw that many teeth?

Last edited by Alexander J Luthor; 12-05-2013 at 03:48 PM..