Joys

Old 01-28-2013, 12:01 AM

So I just joined (might be obvious) and I thought I would post this.

*Sorry, removed it since I'm selling this now*

It's a scenery made with a tileset I pixel'd for a game. At most I looked at pictures while doing it. The wolf is new. Please give me feedback! What did you like the most, not so much, hated etc. Give me some heads up or tips if you have the experience too =)

EDIT: The tree on top of the hill is there just so I don't have to put up a second picture. It's place is really a different scenery!

Last edited by Joys; 02-12-2014 at 12:14 AM..

PhantomLolita
*^_^*

Old 05-30-2013, 09:17 PM

I think this looks great, I especially love the trees. The only thing that looks out of place to me are the bird silhouettes. I'm not sure why, they just don't seem to fit to me.

Shenow
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-30-2013, 11:14 PM

Its so perfect! And phantom was right xD these birds dont fit it ~! But its really amazing pixel art.
Keep going *-*

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-05-2013, 06:15 PM

I agree the birds don't really fit. They look... choppy as compared to the high quality scenery.
Some of the birds look good but some just look off.

Quote:
The wolf is new.
Also not sure if I'm crazy but I don't see a wolf o.o

seokii
perpetually confused

Old 07-01-2013, 05:26 AM

This is beautiful !! I'm no pixel artist, but I've worked with pixels before, and tiling can be a huge pain at times, but this looks really nice !! Lots of respect for an artist that tiles their pixels seamlessly.
Like the people before me mentioned, the birds don't look good. Some parts of the wings are 2 pixels thick where they should be one. But that's an easy fix that I'm sure you've noticed~ the birds would actually probably look even better in a slightly lighter colour instead of pitch black, but that's just me being nitpicky hehehe.
The trees are absolutely fantastic. Trees are hard to draw, and I'm sure they're equally hard to pixel, and these look pretty fantastic. The circle things on the apple trees ( I don't know the term ) could use a tiny bit of shading for depth, but that's totally optional. The apples look like they've just been copy pasted the same colour, it might look a bit better to, ah, discolour a couple apples with a slightly greenish tint for realism? If you're not going for total realism, they look great as they are. I'm just nitpicky. xD
Last thing that I'd want to point out are the clouds. Clouds are funny; They can take all sorts of shapes. The ones you've drawn though are looking... a little flat to be honest. Of course, not all clouds are all fluffy and puffy, and there's no right or wrong way to illustrate clouds, so this is also an optional fix. If you're going for realism though, I'd recommend reworking the clouds a bit. :D

I'm just seriously picking out little tiny details at this point, sorry for sounding so critical! It's a little hypocritical of me, actually, considering I've got so little talent in pixelling, but I tried to give some insightful feedback. Everything else, though, is looking fantastic. I can't get over those trees !! They're really good. The shading's fantastic. The water and mountains are shaded nicely, you've picked a lot of really good colours. I'm really liking the details of the trees that are pushed back having a different tint to them. You're really good at pixelling, for sure~

Ah, I've sorry for typing up this wall of text !! I'm a failure at expressing opinions with any subtlety, I guess. ehehe