bridge7112
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-07-2013, 04:37 AM

Hi I'm not sure if this is where I would post but it seemed like the right place

Alright so basically I'm looking for an art mentor. I have always wanted to draw fan art for my favorite series and draw my own characters. I'm looking for someone who can teach me proportions, hair, eyes, everything. I've purchased books on how to draw Anime and Manga but they haven't helped. I'm not looking to become a master artist, I would just like to be able to draw some basic characters. I would like to be able to draw fantasy creatures and furies, but I think once I get the proportions of everything down first I think that would be a better choice for me.

Another thing I would like to learn is how to use my tablet and use MS paint, photoshop, etc. I have no idea where to start there and would really appreciate someone to teach me.

I'm willing to practice on my own time and work on any assignments given to me. I've searched for art classes by me, but no where I go offers the style of drawing I would like to learn. I can chat on Skype, e-mail, here, and deviant art.

If you're willing to help me learn please contact me! I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2013, 03:54 AM

I'm not an art mentor, nor do I know of any here, but I could link you to some useful stuff.
I know of some art mentors you could have online, but they are not free. I can link you to those anyway, and I can also direct you to some really cool websites, youtube channels, tutorials and otherwise useful tools to use on your own. :)

MintyRey
N00b

Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 AM

Hi bridge

Which favorite anime/manga series of yours do you want to try making fan art of?

My drawing skills are just at an intermediate level, but maybe I can help you out with proportions, anatomy, and such

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 AM

I could offer any help and critiques you need, I should think. I don't know much about digital art, but I know how to use photoshop and I know how to do constructive critiques. I've taken a lot of art classes, so I know how it goes. If you give me a link to your deviant art, I can offer any help on art there. or we can talk on mene.