CheerioMornings
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 AM

For those who are reading, this RP is based off the series Inuyasha type of setting.

"Kimiko! Would you go tend the garden!" One of the men yelled towards a small hut, where the girl lived alone. A silence followed before a young woman pushed the cloth door cover to the side and peaked through the doorway. She gave a small nod and watched as the men all began walking away from the village for their hunt.

Stepping out, Kimiko hurried down to where the other women had also begun to weed through the crops and begin harvesting some of their plants. She began to work as well, at times having trouble removing them from the tough ground and managing to make herself very dirty. The sun was shining brightly onto everyone's back, making it that much more uncomfortable. This was a simple day until the men would return and would take over the gardening, while women prepared the kills for dinner.

Kimiko herself was not married and had no family, so she was forced to find herself her own food. This was no problem though as she was actually very sufficient for a woman. When she spotted some of the men popping out of the trees and on the trail, she immediately dropped her hoe and ran off to her hut to grab two buckets. "Let's see, I'll need fresh water.. and fish sounds good tonight.." She spoke out loud as she thought of the things she would need to do before the sun had disappeared entirely.

"Been hearin' a lot of talk of demons in the area." One of the men of the village murmured to another. "Better watch out then. Bastards will probably kill us the moment we let our guard down." The villagers like most had never been accepting of the demons, which was understandable considering most were murdering monsters. This hate however was merciless and spread to those who were also good, half breed or even a human that seemed just the slightest suspicious. Times were getting rough and unsafe for those who weren't watching where they stepped.

Kimiko let out a soft sigh as she heard the conversation and moved just a bit faster to get away from them. No one seemed to know that one of their finest workers wasn't entirely human. She had been hiding among humans for most of her life after her parents had died. Luckily she hadn't inherited any of her mother's demonic features and appeared for the most part very human with the exception of her pointed ears which were hidden by her hair. Her eyes weren't the usual brown, but a soft blue though the people of this area didn't seem to intimidated by them.

"Demons, huh?" She whispered to herself as she walked through the woods that lead to a river that had cleaner water than the reserve the village had made. "I suppose that could cause a problem if I'm not careful.." As she arrived at the water's edge, she bent down and carefully began to fill both buckets. It was quiet and peaceful in the woods and if she weren't so dependent on having friends or socialization, she might prefer living in somewhere secluded. It would certainly be safer that way.

Setting the buckets aside when she was done, Kimiko stood back and and slipped her sandals off. Her dark green kimono was already shorter, extending only to mid thigh so she did not worry as she stepped into the cool water. She wiggled her fingers as she bent over and stared at the flowing water, waiting patiently before snatching a fish from it's path and tossing it perfectly into the bucket several feet from where she stood. "A bath sounds amazing right now as well.."

Last edited by CheerioMornings; 06-03-2013 at 05:12 PM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-04-2013, 02:24 AM

Demons. Half-breeds. Humans.

Three categories of people; three distinct hierarchies of the world.
Three races that believed they were superior; three feuding sides to an endless war that lasted for many millennia.

Who was truly the first race on the planet, Humans or Demons, no one really knows. All anyone knows is that the feud has lasted for thousands of years, and wasn't ending any time soon. The most unfortunate part of the situation was that for all of the bad on each side, there was more good that outweighed it, but it was significantly overlooked. Only the evil was remembered, and only the evil were respected. Those who sought peace between the races were looked at as weak on both sides.

It was a constant power struggle that never left any clear winner, yet all sides claimed the victory. It was uncertain if a truce could ever be made between the races, but there were still those from each race who tried their best to accomplish true peace. They each had their benefits, yet they each had their short comings as well. In the eyes of each race, it varied as to what each strength and fault truly was.

Humans believed that they were at the top of the pyramid, and that both Demons and Half-Breeds were the scum of the Earth who sought only to destroy their peaceful lives. Unfortunately, contrary to this idealistic blame for their misfortune, humans were prejudice not only against the Half-breeds and Demons, but also against the various races within their own race. They were constantly starting wars with each other; whether it was over the right to hunting grounds, or something as minute as having the wrong last name in a village.

Although it had become one of the many entertaining qualities humans had for the Demons, it was also one of the qualities that made the Humans inferior in the eyes of the Demons. When Demons feuded, they had valid reasoning, at least in comparison to the Humans. However, these feuds were so rare and far between, that very few humans had witnessed such a feud, something for which they were very fortunate.

Demons... To put it simply, they felt that they were the Gods of Earth and everyone should feel honored to be allowed to live. And in their own right, they most certainly could be viewed as such. Their power was limitless, especially in their true forms. Humans would always be beneath them, and unfortunately so would Half-Breeds because they were a reminder of their own race stooping low and mingling with the filth. Along with the Half-Breeds, the Demon and Human parents were shunned from their respective cultures. The family, if it stayed a family, would be forced to seek refuge deep in the secluded mountains or forests, far away from villages. If they remained near the villages, they would be harassed from both sides and never truly accepted. It is with this unfortunate mindset that Half-Breeds grew up.

For Half-breeds, they felt that they were stuck and unwanted in both worlds. Unable to be considered fully human or fully demon, Half-breeds were forced to walk the Earth hidden and shamed of their birth, a disgrace to each side. Growing up with this mentality was sure to create some riffs within the families, and within themselves. However, not all were brought up like this. Some Half-Breeds were brought up to be proud of their heritage and embrace their bloodline, and it was this mindset that had begun a ripple effect of change throughout the cultures. It was small, but just as a ripple it was slowly growing, and soon Half-breeds would be accepted by both Humans and Demons. But first, Demons had to work out their own struggles, as did Humans. After all, Demons were not immune to the jealousy and irrational feuds between races within their race.

Just as Humans feuded with each other, so did Demons. Sometimes, these fights were over small things such as unrequited love, while other fights were over Half-Breeds and their acceptance. Some were more tolerant than others, and such tolerance was viewed as weakness. One such Demon was a young Wolf Demon named Nikolaus. Once the leader of a determined and strong pack, Nikolaus was now a lone wolf roaming the countryside in search of Jewel Shards from the Sacred Jewel, a jewel that held a great many properties, one of which was power beyond imagine. This was his goal in collecting the shards, and in his eyes no one was a match to stop him from obtaining his goal.

A tall man, measuring just over six and a half feet, Nikolaus had a regal appearance about him that commanded respect from his fellow Demons. His bright green eyes could pierce through to the soul and see a being for what they truly were, good or evil. Being a Wolf-Demon, Nikolaus' senses were greatly heightened, even in his natural form that looked more human than wolf. Apart from his muscular build, the double triangles tattooed in the center of his forehead in slate blue, and his white wolf ears piercing through the top of his head, it would be hard to tell him apart from a Human.

However, one aspect of his appearance was very striking on first look. Nikolaus bore a vertical scar slicing across his right eye, and the three long, thick scars that stretched across the length of his back diagonally. He looked as if he had been through a great battle, though appearance-wise he looked no more than 24 years old. His white wolf ears stood out against his dark, burnt umber hair, which only made his piercing green eyes and the pale scar across his eye all the more apparent.

As the hunters entered the forest, Nikolaus' ear perked up. Hearing that they were traveling around his camp site, Nikolaus laid back down in the tall grass, one arm behind his head, as he watched the sky. It was a bright, warm day and Nikolaus had decided to spend this day laying about before beginning his travels anew. It had been weeks since he had truly taken a break, and he felt it was well deserved. After all, in only four short months he had collected six jewel shards from various Demons around the area who were using them for evil purposes, which was no easy task. Certainly after accomplishing so much, Nikolaus deserved a small rest. Unfortunately, nearby Demons had other plans for the young wolf....

CheerioMornings
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-04-2013, 03:14 PM

The ground shook beneath her and Kimiko let out a soft squeak as she tried to keep her balance. She glanced up towards the tree tops and saw birds flying away and frowned. "..Oh no.." Her voice whispered out as she sniffed the air and a faint demonic smell filled her nostrils, making her take a step back. "A demon.." Without even grabbing her sandals or buckets of water, she turned and began to run.

"I have to get to the-- oomph!" Kimiko began to say to herself, only to be interrupted as she tripped and fell face first into the ground. A soft groan of annoyance left her and she sat up, glancing behind to see what had caused her unfooting. She became noticeably tense when she saw the wolf demon just laying in the grass. "Who the hell are you?!" Her voice snapped as she glared back at the demon that had tripped her. Kimiko scrambled up to her feet and glanced around as she heard nothing but silence, which was never a good sign.

The sudden scream of a woman made her whip around in the direction of her village. "Dammit!" She swore before taking off in a run again. She didn't look back or stop or even slow down until she had reached the other villagers, some running out of the forest as well including the woman who had screamed. "Demon! There's a demon!" She screamed again and Kimiko automatically bolted towards her hut. Once inside she grabbed a staff that was propped along the wall and took a deep breath. Her concentration was soon ended by the loud stomping, crashing and the smell of demon and blood.

"Where is he? Where is that damned wolf?!" The large demon's deep voice cried out angrily, causing the villagers to step back yet not backing off with their spears and swords. A giant clawed hand came crashing down onto one of the villager's huts. "Where is he?! I'll kill him. I'll take his sacred jewel shards!"

"That way!" Kimiko suddenly called out as she hurried out of her home and to the group of humans as they tried to defend their land.She was pointing in the direction that she had seen the wolf demon. "He's that way, in the woods! I saw him! Now leave us be!" Holding up her staff as though to attack, she held herself beside the men who all looked at her like she as insane.

The large hand suddenly reached down to grab Kimiko and lifted her, bringing her face to face with th rather ugly demon. She flinched and looked away, unable to meet his gaze. "Your breath stinks.." She muttered but the demon didn't seem to mind. Instead he turned to begin towards the way she had directed, his large tail swinging and knocking several of the men to the ground before smashing more of the huts.

"Come, girl.. Show me where you saw the blasted wolf.. and if you are lying, I will kill you all."

Kimiko growled slightly as she was carried. She could likely break free very easily, but she didn't while in the view of the humans. They would know she wasn't one of them and would cast her out, which she didn't want at all. Not when she had finally made a home there.

When they were deep in the moods, the short staff that Kimiko still clutched in her hand suddenly glowed. It extended longer and curved blades formed at each of the ends. Wiggling herself loose, the half breed suddenly sliced up the large demon's arm so that he dropped her and fell back with a loud roar of pain and anger. "Sorry buddy, but I can't let you go free. I know what you'll do. You'll just kill the villagers once you've gotten what you wanted, right?" Her voice hissed and her grip on the weapon tightened as she went into a fighting position.

"Wretch! I'll slaughter you first and then go for your precious humans! Damn half breed!" The demon growled out and flexed his claws once before noticing a small glint coming the blades on the woman's staff. He let out an amused laugh. "Sacred jewel shards! I'll take them as well!"

Kimiko flinched slightly at the last insult but didn't back away. Instead she only held her ground for a few moments before lunging forward at the creature to kill it. "I'd like to see you try!" She swung her blade, managing to graze the demon's chest but it managed to jump away before receiving any real damage.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-06-2013, 02:03 AM

Screams. Human screams. And then a woman falling on top of him, quite rudely in fact.

Nikolaus groaned as he clenched the grass beneath his hand. "Just once... once! I would like to just sit, and relax. Without a headstrong Demon possessed by a shard ruining my nap," Nikolaus grumbled as he sat up in the grass, his hands propping him up as his ear perked.

"Hmm.. It looks like he's taken that half-breed hostage.. I wonder if she has a shard.." Nikolaus mused to himself as he rubbed his side a bit, remembering her... graceful.. landing on top of him not long before. "Well, no use laying around here. I won't get a rest anyways. Might as well take their jewel shards and save the humans from the terrible monstrous demon," Nikolaus added with a laugh as he hopped up onto his feet in one quick fluid motion. Leaving his things--after all, who would take them when a Demon was on the loose?--Nikolaus bolted towards the sound of the Demon and Half-Demon fighting it out in the forest. Upon reaching the scene, Nikolaus was a bit surprised at the courage the Half-Demon had. It wasn't every day you saw one risking their cover to fight a full-blooded Demon.

Walking up to the duel, rather nonchalantly, Nikolaus called out very matter-of-factly, "So I hear you're after my Sacred Jewel Shards! I believe it's safe to assume that you already possess one yourself, correct? Now tell me, did you really think bringing a Half-Demon along with you was going to better your chances? Come now, you have to be more intelligent than that.. Then again, look at you. You don't really seem like the logical type. You are trying to take on me, after all," Nikolaus added with a grin, flashing his sharp fangs as he drew his sword from its sheath.

"Now, who wants to give me their shard first?"