CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2014, 06:44 AM

Okay, gang!

Finale round up!

Also, optional bonus round posted! (No avatars involved, but a good way to shore up your points and I'd personally appreciate it.)

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 12-30-2014, 06:54 AM

Aww final round? :( *is sad*
It looks fun though! I'll definitely be filling out the little survey thing

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2014, 06:55 AM

Aw. xD I appreciate it, fireprincess. xD

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-30-2014, 07:06 AM

I think I'll do the Wildcard 'cause I don't have any ideas for Tapio. Maybe... Vile or Navarros. Hmmm...

Bonus Round!★[/color]
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Question One All of them.
Question Two Yes, but we haven't submitted yet.
Question Three: Round 2 and round 3
Question Four: Definitely! I had fun coming up with new avis. It kept me on my toes. Make it better... I think the format was perfect, to be honest.
Question Five: Best avi contest I've ever participated in. By far. The themes were epic. And the fact that we could choose out of two themes per round seemed really fair. It was great!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2014, 07:11 AM

Thanks Potatoe! Will go add that!

ALSO. I just got a PMed question about the DAC for group entries and it made me think of a reasonable point. I'm going to edit the rule on group entries to allow DAC submissions because it's not really fair to group members if everyone's going for the same background and certain members don't have the items. We kind of frown on trading items, after all!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-30-2014, 07:44 AM

Oh boy I really need to go to bed so I'm not sleepy for work.

---------- Post added 12-30-2014 at 01:54 AM ----------

Bonus Round!
Username: Nephila
Question One All of them! I LOVE having a specific thing to shoot for and still a little wiggle room with what items/colors to work in. I find purely color based contests "meh" not really boring per say just we always have them and people always mess up on the colors. It's strange.
Question Two YES! At this point we're just getting our background sorted out. :)
Question Three: This is a hard one! The avatars I'm most happy with are for Milos and Dianae. :)
Question Four: The every two days thing was a challenge and a bit tricky to work around however I found it refreshing and fun in the long run. Even if this isn't planned for the next event I would love to see it in future ones. :D
Question Five: I'll probably come back to the island themes you gave in future avatars. They're such cute suggestions I just have to try to do all of them. XD Great job on this!

Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 12-30-2014, 08:35 AM

Island Contest Finale Entry
Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Island Represented: Wildcard (Zajac)
Commentary: Bird ranching is so peaceful
Image:

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-30-2014, 08:50 AM

Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Island Represented: Vile
Commentary: I went too far this time. Too far. But, I couldn't help myself. Did those... loathsome people have no respect for the dead? Yes, it isn't a proper grave, but sissy wanted to be buried here. It was always our favourite place as children. The fireflies, the luminescent trees, it was always peaceful. We would sit here for ours playing games and telling stories, right until...
I feel so ashamed, but I don't think I would have done any different if given a second chance. They pulled her grave marker out! Who does that?! They were going trample on the roses! They were going to take her silk handkerchief! I pinned it on the marker because it was her most precious possession. Not even I deserved to keep it. I don't care if they didn't know there was a grave. I don't care if they didn't see the flowers. I don't if they needed the wood or the handkerchief for... whatever! Nothing can excuse taking what doesn't belong to you...
But, can anything excuse what I did? I went too far.
Image:

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 12-30-2014 at 08:54 AM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2014, 09:01 AM

Awesome! I'll get the front page updated! Should update at least once more before I sleep.

Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 12-30-2014, 09:20 AM

Island Contest Four Entry
Username: [Rochiel Silverfire]
Island Represented: [Merkhet]
Commentary:
Image:

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 12-30-2014, 09:51 AM

Username: Elirona
Island Represented: Dainae!
Commentary: Ruby, gold, diamond and steel are my favorite gem and metal tones.
Image:

---------- Post added 12-30-2014 at 06:03 AM ----------

Bonus Round!
Username: Elirona
Question One I participated in all of them!
Question Two I am participating in the group contest! I believe the head of my group is still looking for some people to wrap things up, though. :(
Question Three: I liked the Navarro and Gwydion the best! I just really like the avatars I managed to come up with. Is that conceited?
Question Four: I really enjoyed having new challenges! I would suggest on being more clear on when the rounds would roll over. I also thought it wasn't clear on how long we could participate in a certain round.
Question Five: I had lots of fun exploring and learning about the islands, basically becoming a citizen of each one! It was a very creative idea for an avatar contest.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-30-2014, 11:15 AM

Username: Dystopia
Island Represented: Tapio
Commentary: The Tapi archers are some of the best in the world. Their aim deadly from the impossible distance between the treetops to the jungle floor, and they are nigh invisible in the foliage. Not only are they formidable warriors and hunters, they are also master trappers. This Tapi archer has caught this odd bird at the request of a pirate. She's not quite sure why pirates are so fond of this particular bird, as it is too loud and colorful to be useful in a battle or hunt and not very good to eat, but she's happy to make the sale.
Image:

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-30-2014, 11:21 AM

Bonus Round!
Username: Dystopia
Question One Every round.
Question Two Yes, but we have not yet submit our entry.
Question Three: I don't have a particular favorite.
Question Four: It was stressful to make a new avatar every other day. A part of me regrets participating, but I really want the first place prize. And I was too invested to stop.
Question Five: I really enjoyed learning about the different islands.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2014, 11:42 AM

Thanks everyone! I'll get these up. Might not check again before I sleep, so don't get worried if yours isn't up right off!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2014, 04:57 PM

Username: zigbigadorlube
Commentary: Selling her special home brew!
Image:

Bonus Round!
Username: zigbigadorlube
Question One All of them!
Question Two No but I might if there's still time...
Question Three: I would say the last round was the most fun. I loved making my Tapio avi and the wildcard option was a great idea.
Question Four: It was super fun! I'm glad that you gave a few days to do each round though. I'm not sure that there's anything I would do to make it better, seems good as is!
Question Five: I had a lot of fun with this one. I loved that I really got to get to know some of the islands and cultures better through it. When I look back at the avis I made it will always remind me of what I learned.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 12-30-2014, 05:32 PM

Bonus Round!
Username: ~LONGCAT~
Question One two, hopefully three. (if I get my act together and remember to do it! XD )
Question Two Yes, but I'm not sure if we've submitted yet.
Question Three: they were all really fun and really brought out a creative side of people.
Question Four: It was nice! Kept me changing my avi when I would have otherwise settled on something and been pleased with the status quo.
Question Five: I have just over 5 pages of white items now. That has nothing to do with the contest aside from the fact that I kept to my whites.

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 12-30-2014, 07:52 PM

Bonus Round!
Username: XoGIZMOoX
Question One
Every one
Question Two
Yes I did
Question Three:
I love all themes avi contests are kinda my addiction ^.^
Question Four: It was ok kept my closet very occupied
Question Five:
NEVER STOP THE THEME CONTEST AT EVENTS ^.^

---------- Post added 12-30-2014 at 02:35 PM ----------

Username: XoGIZMOoX ^.^
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing?] TAPIO ^.^
Commentary:
[Need to explain something else about your entry?] Gizzie is a monkey and chocolate coin trader o.o don't let them pirates fool you they love chocolate they also like monkeys the whole parrot thing is a joke they said the parrots kept trying to poke their eyes out so now they want cuddly cute monkies ^.^
Image:

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-30-2014, 08:49 PM

Username: star2000shadow
Island Represented:[Wildcard]: Island Contest Four:
Merkhet and Vile : I'm a try doing Vile (one of the Krayn population)
Commentary: My girl is one of the Krayn Population. here she is getting set for a job. i pitty the person she's going up against.
Image:

Last edited by star2000shadow; 12-30-2014 at 08:55 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-30-2014, 08:51 PM

Bonus Round!
Username:shadami
Question One all but the current one cause i'm deciding wild card or the other.
Question Two i haven't found a group yet.
Question Three: that's a toughie. i guess the first round cause isle of easter was fun :3
Question Four: I missed the rounds like this! The first winter event i was in/ the one on the train was like that and its awesome!!
Question Five: I love you <3 :3

Captain Aamelia
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Captain Aamelia

Old 12-30-2014, 09:47 PM

Username: Captain Aamelia
Commentary: she was going to trade the monkey but it seems to have attached itself to her arm and refuses to let go... *sigh*
Image:

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-30-2014, 09:58 PM

Aww that's CUTE! XD

Captain Aamelia
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Captain Aamelia

Old 12-30-2014, 10:10 PM

Bonus Round!
Username: Captain Aamelia
Question One All of them!
Question Two No and never do. I guess I'm not a group person?
Question Three: Again all of them! It's hard to pick a favorite and I'm happy with all my entries ^^
Question Four: It worked and I loved the challange of getting them in on time and get 3p It was a nice change from previous contests!
Question Five: Loved it! As said it was a nice change from previous contests. I was getting relly tired of the set colors schemes, even under themes (like; do a christmas avi but you have to use these colors) and this was the first time on a long time I even bothered to enter. I've had so much fun with this and I hope we get more similar and variating challenges in the future!
Thank you <3

And I want to wish everyone who's entered good luck!

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 12-30-2014, 10:26 PM

Username: KatMagenta
Commentary: This Tapi might not have quite mastered the art of clothing yet but she's travelled to the harbour to trade citrus fruit to the pirates. They'll thank her when they don't get scurvy!
Image:

GummyBearKisses
RED TEAM ROCKS

Old 12-30-2014, 10:29 PM

Username: GummyBearKisses
Island Represented: [Which island are you representing?]Tapio
Commentary: [Need to explain something else about your entry?] Come sail away come sail away , come sail away with me =) Im "sailing" selling pirate ship hats who could resist these works of art , fashionable yet affordable =)
Image:

Last edited by GummyBearKisses; 12-30-2014 at 10:37 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 12-30-2014, 11:00 PM

Bonus Round!
Username: KatMagenta
Question One I participated in all of the rounds, although my first entry was late.
Question Two I am in a group for that contest.
Question Three: The second round was the hardest for me to choose between the islands, but otherwise I would say I enjoyed them all about equally.
Question Four: I liked the format, it's been nice to change my avatar so often during an event rather than sticking to one or two for the full length. The time limit is generous enough to let you make an avatar you're happy with but short enough to stop too much dithering.
Question Five: It's been fun to learn more about the backgrounds of the other islands and their peoples.