CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-30-2008, 01:03 AM

Please do not send "anonymous feedback" about this game the way someone did. Insomniac is busy doing other things - if you have questions about a task or the game in general, ask it in thread, send a PM to Jeryck, or send a PM to an Event Coordinating Team member (including me).

I prefer you ask in-thread or send a PM to Jeryck as that way information/questions won't get so easily lost.

I'll go shake Jeryck out of his library shortly. I do believe you guys are over-thinking some of these rules or tasks. u_u;

` Y i
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-30-2008, 02:12 AM

We tend to do that a lot.
o 3o

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 11-30-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylynne View Post
Jeryck, the confusion about Task 4 concerning the polls hasn't been cleared up yet. =\ jelly has deleted our threads, but the rules say that we can't make new threads/polls? =O How is this going to work out, then, if only one of the teams actually has a poll?

I'm still very much confused about this. ^^;; And thank you in advance~
I certainly hope that this has been clarified enough by now.

As I said in the rules, all tasks must be accomplished by following the site rules. Of course you cannot make a repeat thread.... Oh dear, oh dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Cricket View Post
Edit: Can two people work on a single task, even if one of them has already completed a task? And then simply give credit to the person who hasn't completed a task yet?
I had thought I answered this question yesterday?

You are allowed to work on all of the tasks together as a team. One person must be given credit for "accomplishing" the task. As long as they were actively participating in the game, they can be given credit. I would like them to have actually participated in accomplishing the task in some way.

For example, in regards to getting everyone in your team in costume... If everyone on your team dressed themselves, it does not matter whose name was written down. But if, for instance, two members of your team have not logged in at all and someone else has to dress them to complete the task, then perhaps the person who did the dressing should be credited. But if they have already been credited for accomplishing a different task and you have a team member who has participated in other tasks and dressed themselves, you can certainly write them down.

Just do not credit someone for an accomplished task if they have not been participating in the game. Why should they be rewarded for your hard work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox3tyi View Post
Regarding the mascot, do we have to provide an image for it?
And if we do, do the same rules apply for the mascot as the flag?
Yes, the mascot needs an image, please.

Quote:
Here's our main problem: I want to avoid art theft at any cost. If we use a photograph, I want to make sure it's taken by someone on our team, or that we've gotten permission by the artist/photographer before using it.

I think the rules regarding what images can and can't be used need to be clarified to make sure no one on any team steals someone else's art.
The Menewsha TOS forbids art theft. Why on earth would I accept anything that violates the Menewsha TOS? Of course you cannot steal someone else's art for the game. That would be absolutely ridiculous.

Quote:
I also have a quest about choosing the team leader: Who gets credit for that? It's a team decision, not just that of a single person. Therefore, no single person should get credit for completing that task. I think the same rule should apply for the team name.
Please credit someone on your team who has been participating in the game. It does not matter who is credited as long as they are participating in the game.

Quote:
Oh, I was saying that there aren't enough people in our team that are actively working on this game. So we're gonna run out of people to give credit to, and it's not fair to give people credit who haven't done anything.
No, please do not give people who have not been participating in the game credit for participating.

Please read this rule... again...
Quote:
If by the 3rd day your teammate(s) is still missing and the task isn't complete, someone who has already completed a task can finish it. This will not count towards the missing teammates accomplished task list.
I have highlighted that section in a different color to make certain no one misses it from now on. Simply credit a team member a second time or credit "the team", but not until the third day of a task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadsvich View Post
I don't understand this exactly.

If there's only 10 tasks and 18 members, how can the entire team complete all the tasks??
How are you supposed to know if "60% of the team," or whatever, "completes the tasks"??
It doesn't make sense to put only 60% or 30%, what would you get if your team got 50%??

Does this all depend on how many people work on tasks?? Or on how many tasks are done??
That is poorly worded on my part. I apologize.

Let us say that on day 1 you get your new tasks. If every member of your team is active, it is possible you will finish all the tasks by day 2 with each task accomplished by a different person. In that case, your team immediately gets the map piece as a reward for finishing ahead of schedule with an active team.

But if you do not have enough active team members to complete all the tasks immediately, you must wait until day 3 to assign incomplete tasks to active team members who have already completed their tasks. Depending on how many of these tasks have to be accomplished by "the team" or a double-upped team member determines how many clues you are given.

So, if, for example your team has 18 members, but only 10 are active and are involved in completing the tasks by the end of the round, then you have finished the round with 60% of your members active.

Does this make sense?

Quote:
It may be a game, but I'm wondering if we're the players or if we're being played.
It's extremely frustrating when you're trying to have fun and play a game, but half of the rules are missing, and half of the questions asked regarding the game are left unanswered.
Insane Cricket, I understand that you are frustrated at the moment, but I cannot believe that you would think it acceptable to imply that I am amusing myself by frustrating and confusing you. I am doing my utmost to explain things as clearly as I may. I am not always available to answer questions as I am a busy person - but I am trying my best.

If you are having trouble understanding what I'm asking of you, or see a "hole" in the game, I invite you to please post here and ask your question or point out a flaw in a polite and patient manner.

I will do my best to answer your concerns and if I think that I need to extend a round by a day to make up for a mistake on my part, I will do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Simplicity. View Post
...I dunno. >.>

Maybe people who helped the least get kicked out? D:

*really has no clue*
No one will be kicked out of the game, but not everyone will be rewarded if they are not participating in the game. I am relying on the group as a whole to be honest about who and who isn't participating in the game.

I have recieved 12 mails in my inbox, which I will deal with later.

Thank you to those who are being patient with me, it is sincerely appreciated.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-30-2008, 04:33 AM

*hugs Jeryck*

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 11-30-2008, 05:07 AM

Jeryck, you are being an amazing chap, dealing with all this chaos.

I really must somehow send you something for your library as a show of gratitude! Maybe an artifact or two to hang around the house?

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 11-30-2008, 05:58 AM

Thank you very much for clearing things up, Jeryck. =) I think all of us are just a little bit confuzzled by all this. ^^;;

I do hope we can all carry on and continue to play this game though. :3
<3

Takeno-Kun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-30-2008, 05:01 PM

Jeryck
I dont want to bother you with questions after it finally calmed down but I saw when someone asked you about the moderator question in #10 that you replied all purple names, would that include the trial moderator?

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 11-30-2008, 08:14 PM

All I know is, if there is something I;m supposed to be doing. somebody please let me know.

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 11-30-2008, 08:37 PM

Talk to your team in your group or forum or something...

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-30-2008, 08:44 PM

You're on my team, Spiced. I'll let you know if you need to do something.

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 11-30-2008, 08:48 PM

Ahhh, I can never remember who is on my team.
Spiced, everything is on our social group.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-30-2008, 11:26 PM

We don't have trial moderators right now.... ::confused::

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 11-30-2008, 11:36 PM

Well there is the kentest account that is listed as a trial moderator, but I know that isn't actually a real trial moderator xD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-01-2008, 12:18 AM

LOL. No, kentest isn't a real trial moderator, no worries. :3

Stormy1
Not as on as much but still arou...
Send a message via AIM to Stormy1 Send a message via MSN to Stormy1 Send a message via Yahoo to Stormy1

Old 12-01-2008, 01:57 AM

I have a question : For the family photo do all the people have to be on the ship? or can they be around it because all of our members will not fit on the ship, it was drawn to small for that.

DeviSama
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to DeviSama Send a message via Yahoo to DeviSama

Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des_512 View Post
Oh here's something for the polls

Red Ninjas - [x]
Blue Ninjas - [x]
Red Pirates - [x]
Blue Pirates - [x]

There post post this in your groups so everyone can vote in each other's polls ^_^

Please vote in our red ninja thread! :3

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 12-01-2008, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy1 View Post
I have a question : For the family photo do all the people have to be on the ship? or can they be around it because all of our members will not fit on the ship, it was drawn to small for that.
They can be around the ship if that is the case. *nods*

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 12-01-2008, 04:06 PM

Team: "blue ninjas"
Team member #:11
Task # completed: 3
Answer(s): n/a this was a art task
Links, if necessary (for pictures, or proof of posts): http://www.menewsha.com/forum/group....ictureid=11585

k i w i
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-01-2008, 06:34 PM

Team: Blue Pirates
Team member #: 16
Task # completed: 2
Answer(s): Sky Pirates
Links, if necessary (for pictures, or proof of posts): I don't think I need this, but if I do, let me know. <3

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 12-01-2008, 10:59 PM

I think you guys are supposed to PM this stuff to Jeryck, no?

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 12-01-2008, 11:53 PM

You don't need to.
Some people choose to because of privacy, but I think posting in here is just as fine as well.
^^

Lumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-02-2008, 02:31 AM

-stumbles in- OMG....I had no idea. ;________________;

I kept seeing a bunch of pirate images in people's sigs. o 3o;

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 12-02-2008, 02:34 AM

Join usssssss. Support the red pirates!!!

*zombie tackles lumi*

e o e

Stick the pic in your sigggg.

Cecilia
Li'l Cutie
NPC

Old 12-02-2008, 03:50 AM

Hpmh, *pouts a little*
Grandpa is so mean. I told him all day that he had to come here to answer questions. He nearly forgot again. Grandpa and old books are dangerous!

So! I decided to help him. I hid his book. *is proud of herself* Which mean he's reading everyone message right now and he asked me to answer everyone's questions, if there were any.

Ms. Paprika, you can post the forms here. Grandpa says the only reason why people PM them to him, is so that no one else can see the answers.

Ms. K i w i and Ms Enzeru thank you! I'll make sure he gets them!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-02-2008, 03:54 AM

... *snorts* Cecilia, you must be my long lost little sister.