PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-03-2017, 09:24 PM

Bowl in hand again, Priscilla went quiet with concentration as she started ladling out pancake batter. It had to be just the right amount to cook the way she wanted it to.

While taking care of that task, her mind was busy focusing on her biggest problem. How was she going to hide? It wasn't like she could contact any of her father's shady connections or even knew who they were. Besides, the man her father had made the deal of her marriage with would probably be looking for her as well.

"When we go shopping, I think maybe I shouldn't buy the things I usually would. Maybe a makeover is something I should think about?" She glanced at Key. He had mentioned something about being in the theater, of wearing costumes... He probably would have some ideas, she hoped.

"And thank you for offering to lend me clothes, I really appreciate it." Priscilla's worried expression switched like a light, so that her face shone with gratitude.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 12-03-2017 at 09:26 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-06-2017, 09:03 PM

Humming, Key nodded to Priscilla's suggestion. It made sense, though he enjoyed her unusual appearance. It was that though that would make her stand out. "Of course. It should be fine if you wear my things while we're out shopping, but I'll help you do a make over so that no one will look twice at you and think Priscilla!" he grinned. Flipping over another pancake onto the plate of finished ones, he guessed they only needed one or two more. He didn't know about Pris, but he was hungry. "I wonder if I could borrow a wig from the theater? Though it's better if you don't have a lot of hair already with those things. I can just fix your hair myself..." he continued to muse, lost in his own plans.

In a matter of ten minutes, they made a decent stack of pancakes and Key finally turned off the stove. Only a dab of batter remained anyway, so he took he pancakes to the table with butter and syrup. "First we eat though. Come on! Let's eat the fruits of our very hard labor!"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-26-2019, 11:56 PM

Priscilla was quiet as they finished up the pancakes. Her mind wandered forward in time to their shopping trip. She did have a card or two, but they were credit cards... She would have to ask Key if using them would be a good idea. As for cash, well she did have some hidden away in her purse. She'd taken out far more then she usual did when she'd run away on pure instinct... Mostly because of old movies she'd seen. From everything she'd seen so far, perhaps the cash she had on hand would actually be enough to last for a while.

Key's voice snapped her from her thoughts, and the smell of what they'd made together had her stomach grumbling. Priscilla blushed as she followed Key to the table and settled down. She eyed the place setting strangely. "Where are the salad and dessert forks? And what about the spoons? And the tea, and ..." Priscilla trailed off.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2019, 05:23 PM

Key gave Priscilla an odd look. He'd just started moving a couple pancakes onto his own plate when she started talking about odd silverware. "Uh...it's just pancakes? You could probably eat it with a spoon if you wanted. Nothing fancy." After another second, he burst out in laughter, his smile bright. "Ah sorry! I'm not making fun of you! It's just, I forgot for a second how different the world you came from is. Don't worry so much about details like that though. I think I'm going to have to spend as much time giving you an information makeover as a physical one. You'll stand out even in a jeans and a t-shirt if you talk about things like salad forks. I'm not even sure what a salad fork is..." It wasn't like his own family lived any sort of high class life and it'd already been years since he made do by himself.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-02-2020, 08:56 PM

Priscilla stared at her plate. Had it truly been a good idea to drag someone else into her predicament? Hiding herself seemed like such an impossible task, surely her discovery was inevitable. Key would find himself in terrible danger, all because of his own kind heart. Doubt asailed her, even as she cut daintily through a pancake and popped it into her mouth.

The moment the flavours burst over her tongue, her thought flew from their worrisome track. "Oh wow! I hadn't expected that at all. This is delicious." Maybe it tasted better because she had made it herself, with a tremendous amount of help.

"But, about the makeover and all of this ... I feel like I'm putting you in danger." Priscilla set her fork on the table. "I wouldn't want anything to happen to you because of me."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-03-2020, 04:07 PM

Key's eyes sparkled as Priscilla complimented the pancakes, but he was too finely tuned to her micro-expressions to enjoy it. Was something off? Something seemed off even before Priscilla opened her mouth and proved it. Setting down his fork, Key gave the woman a serious look. "I can't promise nothing will happen to me, but I don't want you worrying about that. Look, this was my decision to help and we're friends now. There's no way I can pretend you don't need help. I...I want to help you. Like, a lot." Maybe he was too kind or quick to let his heart make decisions, but regardless of his feelings toward Priscilla and her life, there was no way he could back down now. He cared too much.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-03-2020, 07:57 PM

Friends? She wondered if that was why her face had flushed earlier, or why it had felt so very natural to fall asleep in Key's presence. Prisilla hadn't even thought twice about it. She felt emotions start welling in her eyes, happiness more than anything else. "No one's ever been my friend before," mumbled Priscilla. She couldn't find it in her to worry about elocution or any kind of right speaking when something so momentous had happened, and after such a terribly short acquaintance too!

To try and cover what the emotions Key's words had wrought from her, she turned to the pancakes and started eating methodically. Of all the things Key had done so far, the simple offer of friendship had perhaps affected her the most of all.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-04-2020, 05:59 PM

Key bit his lip as emotion rushed up around him. To be called someone's only friend. Priscilla's only friend, why did that choke him up so bad? He stared down at his pancakes, wondering how he could eat something so mundane after a conversation like this. "I..." he started, then looked up again with stronger conviction. "Then I am very glad that I get to be your first friend. You're a friend that's worth it." He didn't even need to know Priscilla for long to know that. She was special and very much worth the emotions that she made him feel. The thought left him flushed and fumbling to grab his fork again, eating with the hope that it would hide his embarrassment.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-04-2020, 10:53 PM

Priscilla paused in her eating and smiled. "Thank you, from the very depths of my heart. I never imagined running away would bring me into contact with someone so ... wonderful. I never thought I would meet a friend, not amidst all the hiding, running, and worry. And I never could have expected that friendship to spring up so fast." She laughed, and a few happy tears fell. "You have no idea how much your friendship means to me already."

The brunette finished the last bite of her pancake, and stood uncertainly. They were going out shopping, but she wasn't sure if she could go out and face so many people after having such an emotional conversation with Key.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-05-2020, 09:42 PM

Key flushed even deeper and had to pause in eating so he wouldn't choke. Gods. Was it pathetic that his eyes felt teary right now? Not enough to sob aloud, but Priscilla pulled on his heartstrings in too profound of a way. He might fall in love if he wasn't careful. "It's um...no, I mean. Thank you for saying that. I don't think I've done anything special. From now on, you'll be able to make even more friends, I think." He offered a bright, but still hesitant smile. Still, it was enough to refocus the calm around them so they could both finish eating. Priscilla finished first and stood, leaving Key a bit confused at her uncertainty. "Are you sure you still want to go out today? We can put it off if you want..."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-06-2020, 01:58 AM

Priscilla felt a gentle smile lift her lips. "Well, what I really want to do right now is spend more time getting to know you. We can do that while shopping, I suppose, but there will be so many other people around and ..." Pris laughed a bit, her golden-brown eyes sparkling. "I have to admit to feeling just a little emotional right now."

She clasped her hands together, to stop herself from fidgeting. "And maybe I need to know a bit more about the regular world before going out to a mall, I mean there's simply so much I don't know!" Admitting to the lack of knowledge seemed to ease her nervousness a bit, as if simply realizinig that she didn't know everything had lifted a burden from her shoulders.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 02-07-2020 at 12:22 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2020, 11:36 PM

Key bit his lip, though a smile still made its way through. Priscilla probably didn't know it herself, but this unsure side of her charmed him in a way he could never expect. Wasn't she just cute? "I...I suppose that's true. But it's not like there's books to read to learn how the real world works. You can't really understand until you go out there and well, do it!" he added with a bright chuckle. "Ah, but if you really don't want to, we don't have to. I'd say we can even look for clothes online, but you probably need a new wardrobe sooner rather than later and those kind of things can take a while." He shrugged his shoulders a bit, all without looking away from Priscilla and her beautiful nerves.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-07-2020, 12:32 AM

A frown of concentration furrow Priscilla's brow as she tried to think of someplace she might feel comfortable, out in the great big world. She was sure Key would know exactly what to do, compared to her he was so worldly. "Do you know of anywhere that is ... smaller? It would still need to be someplace where we could find everything for my transformation, but I would rather avoid the large malls you see so often in movies." A soft sigh escaped her lips. "I wish there were little boutiques, or something like that ... But even if there were, my going there might be expected."

And, like when she had forgotten to introduce herself, Priscilla remembered the funds they would need for their shopping trip. Without a word, the young woman walked briskly into the living room and surveyed the sofa where she had slept. Once she had her purse in hand, she went to Key and gave him one of the many cash stuffed enveloppes she had inside. "We can use this, and if there's anything left you're more than welcome to it. It's ..." Priscilla smiled ruefully. "Giving you some money is the only thing I'm capable of doing to thank you for eveerything, I wish I could do more, like making you a wonderful wardrobe, but I'm too afraid to go anywhere near any fabric store."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-08-2020, 04:38 PM

Key hesitated as he watched Priscilla walk back to the couch. Of course there were boutique style stores in the area, but maybe they weren't the best and they wouldn't help Priscilla look more 'everyday' either. "Maybe we could...go thrift shopping?" he finally managed. It was a far reach from what Priscilla normally knew as shopping, but it wouldn't be crowded and she wouldn't be expected there.

When she handed him the envelope, he pulled it open, then promptly fumbled not to drop it. "This is so much though! You were just walking around with this kind of money before? Pris...." He shook his head, pushing the money back towards Priscilla. "We can use this for the shopping, but you should use it however you see fit. If you want to make clothes or fool around or whatever, you should do that. Things will calm down once you get your makeover so you...maybe...can buy that fabric...." He flushed, however, knowing that it was him that Priscilla wanted to make clothes for.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-08-2020, 05:57 PM

The young woman refused to take the envelope with an expression of finality. "Keep it, and think of it as a consultation fee." Money was the only thing she could give, and give it she would.

Priscilla then reached into her purse and pulled out another four envelopes. " Besides, I have more... And is it really that much?" She hadn't realized how different things were from her regular life, not when it came to money. Key's fumbling of what she thought of as a small amount astounded her, and made Priscilla even more determined to make the necessary changes to keep him safe as much as herself. If she were discovered because of her own ineptitude, Key would pay the consequences for harboring her. "And if you think a thrift store is a good idea, then that's where we'll go."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-10-2020, 11:15 PM

After opening and closing his mouth a few times, Key just shook his head and set the envelope aside. He still wanted to argue, but he didn't think he could win at this point. He knew that Priscilla came from an entirely different world from him, but seeing the money made him realize it yet again. "Okay, I'll keep it, but you should know I'm not helping your for money or anything. It's because I want to." Even if he had been a bit worried about taking care of another person. Food, clothes, water--it all added up. It secretly pleased him to ease that burden even if his pride took an affront.

"But I mean, this really is a lot. You should keep that in mind before waving envelopes like that in front of other people. And seriously, don't carry all of it at once. You've seriously had that in your bag the whole time?! That's just asking to get robbed!" He shook his head again. "But yeah, we should get going soon so we can shop and then have lunch in town. I just hope thrifting won't disappoint you..."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-10-2020, 11:48 PM

Wordlessly, Priscilla took only a little bit of money from one of the envelopes and made a show of putting it in her wallet. It was still probably too much, a few hundred dollar bills, but still much less then she'd been carrying before. The young woman regarded the rest of the apartment with pursed lips, and finally put the other envelopes full of money into the freezer with a quirk of her lips. "Cold hard cash, as they say..." She didn't know if Key heard her or not.

Then, she walked by Key and settled by the front door with less assurance... until she glanced at her slept in clothes with horror. "I do believe I need to change first... And not only because I would be far too easy to recognize!" Priscilla glanced at Key. "You said you might have something that would fit me? Anything would do, since it's temporary."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-12-2020, 05:48 PM

Key couldn't help but bite back a laugh as Priscilla placed the money in the freezer, but he left it be. He couldn't think of a better hiding place himself and well, the literalness of the statement seemed too perfect to pass up. He only snapped back to reality when Priscilla questioned him again.

"Ah, yes. At least a sweater and skirt should fit right. We're not quite the same size, but if it's stretchy, it's fine regardless," he murmured more to himself as he led Priscilla into his bedroom and from there, the closet. Despite being neatly organized, clothes filled every shelf and hanger, giving the room a cluttered look. Key immediately started plucking a few items down and holding them out to Priscilla. "What do you think? Can you wear these?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-12-2020, 11:50 PM

Priscilla followed Key into his room. Clothes of styles she'd never have imagined herself wearing spilled from the organized closet. It was very difficult not to stare, and it was only when Key held things out to her that she came to full attention. Thinking of where they would be going, and of her ultimate goal of disguise, the brunette chose the largest sweater she could find, and a plain black skirt with an elastic band around the waist that was sure to fit.

"I'll be a few moments in the bathroom, then it will be off to the thrift store." Priscilla stepped away and went to get changed. She put her clothing aside reluctantly, dirty though it all was, and slipped on both sweater and skirt.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she already found that she didn't quite look like herself. Priscilla shook her head, and forced herself to walk back to Key with a smile on her face.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-14-2020, 03:23 AM

It was hard to be patient while he waited for Priscilla to change, but the wait was worth it. Despite the change being so small, Key was already surprised to see such a change. Well, Priscilla still looked like Priscilla, but like a properly modern-day one. Shaking himself from his thoughts, he offered her a hair-tie. "Here. To complete the look. No one will recognize you now! Let me just grab my bag and my shoes and we can be off. Is it alright if we ride the subway? I could call an uber, but it's not really worth it. I don't have a car, so..." he added with a sheepish shrug. It never seemed like a problem before, but he somehow doubted that Priscilla had ever ridden the subway before.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-14-2020, 12:13 PM

Accepting the elastic with a look of resignation, Priscilla used it to tie her hair into a rough semblance of a bun. The weight of her own hair tilted her head back just a little, giving her that characteristic dignified look that was so much part of her appearance and personality. At the mention of the subway, the young woman couldn't help but make a face, even though she knew it was the best option. No one from her father's people would ever think she would deign to take public transportation, nor would they imagine she even knew how to.

"Even though taking the subway is very nerve wracking, for multiple reasons, it would be the better option. No one would imagine I would even know how to take the subway, let alone have the courage to!" So saying, Priscilla went to wait by the door for Key once more. Since she had absolutely no idea where to go, or how to even get on the subway, she was entirely dependent on Key ... at least until she learned what she needed to.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-14-2020, 04:54 PM

Key chuckled as he led the way out of his apartment and locked the door behind. "Don't worry. It's not as bad as the TV dramas portray it. Most people are in their own world on the subway and the station is pretty clean too, if a bit crowded. We can buy you a metro card there too so if you want later, you can even go places by yourself." He supposed it might be different in other cities, but he'd never felt terribly uncomfortable using the public transportation even if he was the type who tended to get stares more often than not.

Dressed in a pair of white capris with a light jacket and a camisole underneath, he wasn't presenting strongly one way or the other, but with his hair and strawberry patterned mini-backpack purse, he probably wasn't fooling anyone. Still, it was warm outside and he enjoyed that little thrill that came with subverting everyone's expectations.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-14-2020, 07:39 PM

Reassured by Key's words, Priscilla followed him quite happily. Her eyes kept popping to the cute strawberry backpack he wore with just a hint of envy. It was the most adorable thing, and she wanted one too! Preferrably in different colors, so they wouldn never get them mixed up. "Do you think there'll be cute things at the thrift store? I'd love to find something like your backpack, it's so sweet! But ..." Priscilla frowned, thinking. "I mean, I just have no idea what kind of style I want. I've never had to disguise myself, then there's my hair..."

The brown luster of her never dyed hair was quite distinctive. Priscilla picked up a lock as they walked, twisting it this way and that. "This needs to be changed too, but I have no idea what to do." She turned to Key excitedly. "Maybe you could decide! We could go to a salon after I get some new clothes, and then you could pick out a hairstyle for me that would go with it!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-18-2020, 05:41 PM

Key flushed a bit as he looked over at Priscilla. Even though she was complimenting his backpack's cuteness, it felt like she was complimenting him. Was it strange that he wanted Priscilla to call all of his outfits cute? "Well, the joy of thrifting is that you have no idea what you'll find. A lot of it is pretty retro and it can be cute or just plain ugly, but sometimes you find that perfect item and that makes all the hours looking so worth it!" he exclaimed with a small laugh.

"As for your hair..." he trailed off as he gave her hair a long look. He couldn't imagine Priscilla without such nice brown waves, but it was pretty distinct for someone trying to disguise themself. "I think shorter hair would look good on you, but we can decide the rest after you have a few outfits, maybe? That way you can make a complete look!"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-18-2020, 07:09 PM

"It seems like ... a treasure hunt!" Excitement slipped into her voice, and replaced the nervousness which had grown in Pris's heart. She also loved the idea of keeping an eye out for fabrics she could make clothes from, or outfits that might work for Key. Of course, she didn't have a handle on his style yet, though he'd mentioned being a princess before... Which made her think of ball gowns, that she didn't think had been in his closet.

As they walked, her eyes wandered the streets. Then there was the distinctive opening of the subway tunnel, and seeing those stairs made Pris hesitate. She had managed to avoid things like it when she'd first run away, had taken trains and buses on her journey, but now this? "So, what should I expect? What do I need to do to buy a metro pass?" She remembered Key mentioning it before, and hoped it would be simple to get her hands on one, because even if the thought of wandering the city without Key seemed absurd now, she'd managed to survive for a couple weeks before running across him.