Characters:

James Foster
Meredith Valentino

The Story So Far:

N/A

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 04-14-2013, 08:55 AM

"Mother I really see no point to keep attending these parties." Meredith sighed as Naudia, the Valentino's maid tightened the strings to her black corset causing Meredith to slightly jerk back. "Darling don't be so stubborn. There will be many many men who will be swooning over you just to have a dance with you or even buy you a drink." Meredith rolled her eyes. Meredith never saw the reason why her mother dragged her along to these dances. Does she really want me to fall in love, get married and have kids that badly? She thought to herself. After Naudia finished tightening and tying the strings to her corset, she slipped on her long violet and black lace satin dress. The lace on her dress didn't feel scratchy or itchy. It was smooth like the rest of the dress. Katerina her mother let Naudia leave the room as Katerina finished getting her daughter ready. Meredith moved her platinum blonde hair to one side over her shoulder and out of the way letting her mother zip up her dress. She could see her mother smiling to her in the full length mirror. "You look exquisite darling." Meredith gave a small smile in the mirror. "Now Let us be on our way. The Carriage is waiting outside. Meredith nodded slipping on her black gloves, and a pair of black heels. She grabbed her black shawl from off her bed just before she left her room heading down the large stair case and out to the carriage.

In the carriage on the way to the party, Meredith gazed out of the carriages window listening to the sound of the horses hoofs against the ground. Oddly, she was excited about this party. Maybe it would be different this time. She thought to herself. Normally all she did was have a drink and more then just one guy would be infatuated with her and would ask her to dance. She would deny them. They were all too sweet. They were all the same. Some rich guy finding someone to be engaged to and have a happy family with and grow old with. But that was the problem. Meredith wasn't some normal every day girl. She didn't grow old because she wasn't even human. She was a mythical creature. She was a centaur. And her centaur part was that she was half unicorn. They were rare creatures. And luckily no hunters, or other beings had been after her ever since she lived here. People mainly could potentially be after her because her blood could make people immortal and she had healing powers. And some people would kill for immortality. To stay young forever. But luckily she didn't cross anyone who knew creatures like her existed.

Once the carriage made it to the party Meredith snapped out of her dazed from her mother's voice. "Meredith Pay attention." Her mother snapped. She just rolled her eyes in the other direction. She stepped out of the carriage after her mother. She made sure her dress didn't drag or cause her to trip clenching the satin fabric into her hand as she stepped out of the carriage. Seeing all of the women dressed in their finest dresses as the men dressed in elegant suits and tuxes, Meredith somehow found herself hoping this party would be different then all the rest of the parties she had attended over the years. Maybe not just for the party being different but possibly the men.Here we go. She thought to herself walking up of the steps and inside of the large mansion. It was possibly bigger then hers.

The inside had the most elegant but memorizing interior. The entire inside lit by candles. The sound of violins and cellos playing elegant music in the background as everyone mingled, danced and sipped their drinks. Laughter filled the room. There was rarely anyone who was alone.As one of the waiters came by Meredith with alcoholic beverages in wine glasses set onto a flat object he had flat on his hand, she took one of the glasses into her small pale petite hands sipping the bubbly drink. Her violet eyes followed around the room with her right arm holding onto her stomach.

[sorry this post is kind of crappy.]

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM

James sat down in his study, reading a book and sipping on wine. He was enjoying his alone time, minding his own business when his father burst into the room, allowing the music from down the stairs to travel up the stairs to James' sensitive ears. Yes, they were hosting yet another party. And no, James did not regularly attend these parties. He'd much rather read his books on the latest fashion and enjoy a glass of Chateau Latour, while everyone was downstairs dancing. He just wasn't a very social guy. He believed people were, in general, trouble. Out of James' whole life he'd only ever had one friend. And that friend's name was John Carter. His friend eventually got married, and had children. But he never forgot James, and made sure to write to james regularly. And even though James loved John like a brother, the man was crazy in James' mind. Who would ever want to be tied down to a woman? James didn't see the sense in falling in love. To him it was a weakness, a distraction, and he couldn't find the want to do so himself.

"Are you even listening, boy!" His father said, snapping james out of his reverie. "No, what did you say?"James asked, his voice deep and smooth. It was the voice of a singer, though James rarely ever sang to anyone. "I said that tonight we have a very special girl attending this party. The Valentino family. They are well known here, and I want you to at least be kind to these people. Do you understand? Now get your tux on and fix you hair!" His father demanded. Unlike Jame's voice, his father's was firm and hard. It was the voice of someone old and experienced. His father was probably around 90 years old, and he still looked like he was 30. One could call being immortal a gift, but to their family it was a curse. Every day you watched people grow old, and die. And sometimes, when they got to a certain age their only want was to be able to die. But their quick healing made it hard to really kill themselves, so most of James' kind just went into a deep sleep for hundreds, sometimes thousands of years before they finally woke up.

Standing, James stretched and walked past his father to his room, going to change his clothes into a nice tux, slicking back his hair and putting on his best shoes. Since James' father was a clothing company owner, he always made sure James had the best clothing out there. Especially since their company always manufactured the latest and greatest clothes in the most popular, high quality fabrics examined and tested for endurance by their fabric masters. James really didn't care for fashion and such, but he was the only heir to the company, so he had to read up on it and go to meetings and such so he'd have the skills he needed when he was to take over for his father.

Staring into the mirror in the room, he made sure that his tie was perfectly aligned and his vest was unwrinkled before he put on the over coat to his tux, completing the outfit. And when he was finally finished, he went down the stairs to make and appearance. Many of his father's friends greeted him, which was almost half the party. James smiled, nodded, and greeted the people, even though anyone who looked close enough would see him cringe every time someone insisted on shaking his hand. James could deal with women wanting to be close to him, wanting to dance with him and such, but he could not take the unnecessary touching of men. It just irked him to no end.

Finally he got through all the introductions and went to a waiter to grab a glass of wine, which he downed before grabbing another. That one he sipped on whilst looking around at all the women, his ice blue eyes scanning the crowd. He was searching for the perfect dance partner, his eyes landing on a brunette at first before a girl walked in with lush blond hair, fair skin and a black dress that had lace trims all over it. He had to give her credit, the dress was stunning on her, and the fabric was clearly high quality. But the one thing that caught his attention were violet eyes. He knew those eyes were not human, in fact, those eyes were popular amongst Centaurs. Was she inhuman, like James? Or was he just mistaking her for something she wasn't?

Deciding he would let all the questions leave his mind he set down his glass and walked over to the girl. She was even more beautiful up close than she was far away... But James didn't let those thoughts progress any further, instead he smiled at the girl and asked, "Are you enjoying the party so far, m'lady?" he asked, hands clasped behind his back. Yes, he was being prim and proper, for the moment. Mostly because a woman accompanied her, most likely her mother. And his father said to be kind and respectful to their family. But if he could have a conversation with the girl alone, he would ask her all the questions currently running through his mind.

[[ oh it's not crappy. It's the best starter post I've gotten in MONTHS. If anything mine is a little on the random and scatter-brained side. haha.]]

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 04-14-2013, 11:05 PM

Several man had insisted on dancing with her since she had set foot inside the party. Each time she denied them. She didn't want to be with someone who could easily be freaked out by who she truly was. They could potentially expose her and the next thing she knows a hunter moves to town and kills her. Or worse. Tortured and then auctioned someplace. Like a black market of some sort. And she didn't want that to happen. She was the only centaur in her family. Most likely she got it from her grandparents or possibly her father. She never even knew her father and only had her mother and as far as she could tell, her mother was human. She needed and wanted to be with someone who accepted her for her and not be judged. Pushing all thoughts of that aside, She rejected every man as nice as possible. She didn't like rejecting them because they were nice and she would like to think she was nice but it was too risky being with someone who was too sweet for his own good.

Seeing a young man walk towards her, he definitely caught her eye. He looked very different from all the other guys here. Something about him made him feel..alluring. "That's the host's son." Her mother mentioned standing next to her. "Behave yourself Meredith. I don't want you creating a scene. This man is a very important man and I want to be close friends with their family." Meredith had just rolled her eyes. I think You're the one who enjoys creating scenes. She thought to herself watching her mother walk away just as the man approached her. She didn't know why her mother wanted to be close to the Fosters but she thought she would enjoy it while it lasts. She finished off her first drink exchanging one of the waiters for a new glass of wine.

His voice when he spoke to her brought her to his attention, her violet eyes looking up at his face. Something about him. There was something about him that she couldn't quite grasp. Her light pink lips began to curl into a small but seductive smile. "Yes I am. This has been by far the best party I have been to in years." She replied. "And what about you? You didn't seem very happy greeting everybody." She mentioned as she brushed a strand of her platinum blonde locks behind her ear. "Where are my manners, My name is Meredith Valentino. My family usually attends all of the parties when someone hosts them to pay our respects and to meet new people. I haven't seen you around here though. Are you and your father new in town?" She asked. She wanted to know everything about this man. Why did he give off such an odd feeling? Maybe it was possible she wasn't the only inhuman being in this town.

"I would love to talk to you more. It seems a bit crowded in here though. Would you like to talk in a more secluded place?" Meredith asked. the main reason she wanted to talk in a place more often was to ask what exactly was he. And she didn't want him or herself making a huge scene. But mostly she couldn't have tons of humans over hearing their conversation and giving away that other creatures were among humans. He definitely did not seem human. But then again looks could be deceiving.

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 AM

James was very attracted to this young woman, when she smiled at him, he found himself actually genuinely smiling. It was probably a once in a life time thing. James really had nothing to smile about like that. So he rarely ever did. But this girl, there was just something about her the drew him in. "I'm glad you're enjoying the party." He said easily, though her next statement made him pause. She'd noticed that he wasn't really all into the party? Well then she must have been eyeing him for quite some time to know he wasn't really all that happy about being at the party. "I guess you can say I'm not a big party person. I much prefer minding my own business rather than getting into someone else's, and at parties one is usually tempted to get into someone's business and then that can create chaos for everyone. Quite a few fights have broken out under this roof, actually." He said, answering her honestly.

"Nice to meet you, Meredith. I am James Foster. And I've been here for a couple months, but yes I guess you can say I'm new to town." He said. His first couple months there, his father and him hadn't really been on a social rampage because they were still moving stuff in, getting shop set up in town, and such like that. It wasn;t until that very month that they began going to parties, and studio showings to see their competition. Their competition was nothing though. Only scratchy lace and silks that often stuck to women when they began to sweat from all their dancing. But his father's company had a way to make the silks continue to be loose and flowing around a woman's body, and that was why they grew so popular so quickly anywhere they went .

Hearing her request to somewhere secluded, he thought for a moment, looking back at his father and smirking, deciding his father was busy enough he wouldn't notice that James was even gone. Plus the place was crowded with people, his father definitely wouldn't notice. "We could go out to the gardens, if you like flowers there is pretty much every flower native here plus a few that aren't so native. We also have a maze." He said, knowing the maze out back was the biggest attraction to their mansion. It was mostly because the maze had rose vines that weaved in and out of the whole maze and the place literally smelled strongly of flowers.

He held his arm out for her to take, deciding that this would be a good time to learn more about the Valentino girl, and her family, and figure out for sure if she was a centaur or not. It would also give him time to see if he had a sincere attraction or if it would be over by the end of the night. That often happened to him, being attracted to a woman until she said to much or just ended up being highly uninteresting to him. At that point he didn't bother to recognize that woman's existence anymore. Sure, he was a jerk at times, but he couldn't help how he was, even if he'd broke quite a few hearts by being how he was.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 PM

"I'm not much of a person who likes parties either. My mother usually drags me to them every year." Meredith sighed taking one last sip of her drink before putting it on one of the tables inside for the waitors to collect. "But I at least try to make the most of it. The only thing I don't really like about these parties is how every guy asks me to dance or maybe more then just dancing. Like finding a wife they can marry and settle down with and eventually grow old with. I don't really see myself getting married. At least not anytime soon. One day I do want a family and be with someone I can spend my entire life with but for now I want to live in the now." She said as she hooked her arm with his arm letting him lead her out of the party and to the garden. James was definitely attractive that's for sure. she found herself irresistibly drawn to him. She wasn't even sure why. Maybe it was from the feeling of mystery. He wasn't like every other guy that lived in this town. And that said something. It got her curious to who really James was. Or More like what he was. Now Meredith was even more eager to ask those questions she had for him. But now she wondered, how would she bring up the subject of inhuman beings? What if she had the wrong impression about the whole inhuman thing and maybe he was just an average guy.

"Well if you ever need anyone to give you a tour of the town, I'd be happy to. I've lived here most of my life. In this town, everybody knows everybody. It's quite a nice place once you get use to it and get passed all the gossip." More questions about this mysterious but charming man popped into her head as she gazed at the flowers in the garden that the Foster family had. She looked over the guarden seeing the maze. She thought he was actually kidding about the maze before. "You weren't kidding when you said you had a maze." She gave a slight laugh. Meredith walked over to one of the benches, sitting down on the bench making sure that her dress didn't rise up or feel uncomfortable when she sat down. She was hoping he would sit next to her so that they could talk more. And she could discover secrets of his. She looked up at the sky gazing upon it with her violet eyes. Her eyes looked even more vibrant then they had been earlier. "It's quite beautiful isn't it? The sky." She brought her attention back to James. "I love the night time the most. I just love seeing how the stars shine so bright through the dark blue sky." She smiled to him.

"Make you kind of wonder what kind of creatures live on this world or if they even exist." Her violent eyes watched him waiting for what his reaction would be after that she said that. She didn't want to flat out ask him what is he. Maybe he was human. But he sure didn't act like any other human. Something was different. She could feel it. "How do you feel on the subject. Do you think beings besides humans could exist?"

[So sorry this reply is kind of short.]

FrozenGlitterBug
*^_^*

Old 04-15-2013, 08:34 PM

James smirked. "Well, at least we agree on one thing." he said, referring to how parties weren't her thing, even though she kind of looked like the girl who belonged at a party. But that whole thing got wiped away when he heard her talking about all the men asking her to dance, or wanting to find wives to marry and such. In fact, he laughed lightly at it, looking down at her. "Oh my.. The men looking for a woman to give them heirs and bake their bread? I only laugh at them. I guess you could say I'm more of a... Well... Feminist. I believe women can be in places other than a kitchen all day. I believe they have rights to more than just being known as something fragile and weak." He said, running his fingers through his hair and watching her go to sit down on a bench. Walking over he sat down beside her, but not too close. He didn't want to seem inappropriate.

"i think I can manage getting to know the town. I mean, me and my father do own a very popular clothing company. We go to all sorts of houses, estates, and mansions to do fittings and attend social events."
He explained. Oh, he remembered when they came to town and finally got their house situated, and the first thing they did instead of relax for the day was go to a fitting. And it was terrible. He was sitting around all day, watching his father stick pins into fabric, sizing, adjusting, pinning. And then when they got home their maid, Barbra, did the sewing just as James' father explained. Sometimes, his father even made him do a little sewing, which was embarrassing considering that, in society, women were generally the experts at sewing and fashion. But he guessed that he needed to do whatever to be successful in life. "Nope. I definitely wasn't kidding. By the way, no matter how many times you go through that maze successfully, you always get confused when you go through again." He said, Looking up at the sky with her and shrugging. "To me it's only ever beautiful when it rains. Rainy days and nights always feel and smell amazing. Especially out here in the gardens." He replied, eventually looking back over at her.

Her next statement startled him a bit, though he didn't show it. He just shrugged, listening to her for a moment longer before thinking. Was it safe to tell her what he was? Most people didn't like the word "vampiric" No matter what the following word was. So instead of answering he smirked, and then replied with, "So you believe there are scary monsters that lurk the streets at night?" Of course, he said it in a teasing tone. But he knew that somehow, she was on to him. Just as he was onto her, and what she was. Her question probably gave away more than she realized. But now that James' suspicions were almost confirmed, her knew why his father found the Valentinos to be so important. "I believe that there could be scary monsters around. Bears and puppy dogs, you know..." he said, joking around with her.

[[It's fine. =)]]