mewgirl1995

Old 09-30-2012, 01:52 AM

Well this is one I worked on for a while but haven't posted yet. Enjoy. :D

WARNING: Contains the couple Loke/Lucy as well as spoilers. If you don't like it, then don't read!

Chapter 1

“We can’t just run away!” Natsu yelled again flailing against Happy. “We gotta show that Dark Guild whose boss!” Charle rolled her eyes, and adjusted her grip on Lucy and Wendy. After their mission went sourly, they had to run away before anything else happened.
“Natsu, it was too dangerous,” Wendy said, glancing back nervously. “They were way too many--”
“Happy turn back!” Natsu interrupted, flames shooting out of his fists. “We can beat them easily!” Lucy sighed and began to say something, but then a bolt of magic shot past. Startled, Charle lost her grip on Lucy.
“Lucy-san!” Wendy cried as Lucy fell. Happy flew to grab her before she fell further. However, another attack knocked him away.
“Lucy!” Her hair whipped past her face as she fell down through the clouds. Luckily, the attacking mages didn’t go after her. They were more interested in the two Dragon Slayers. Is this really the end? Lucy wondered. I can’t go out like this! She struggled the grab her keys, but the wind was blowing too hard. Just a little farther…Lucy’s hand brushed against Loke’s key, before she glanced down to see the ground rushing towards her. As she braced herself for impact, a warm presence surrounded her. The crack of their landing could have been heard for miles. Dust drifted up and then back down onto the ground. Lucy opened her eyes and tried to sit up a bit. Pain shot throughout her entire body and she collapsed once again.
“Are…you okay Lucy?” Loke coughed quietly. “Lucy?”
“I’m okay,” She said. Smiling slightly, she wondered how Loke was able to sense she was in danger. Her hand had just barely brushed against his key. Then again, he had rescued her many other times without her having to call on him. They laid there in silence for a bit, both barely breathing. Lucy wondered how much damage Loke had done to himself trying to protect her.
“Where are we?” Loke asked after a while. “Why’s it so…deserted?” He sat up slightly, wincing at the pain. Lucy gasped at her own pain. Most of her bones must’ve been broken, if not all of them. “Careful, Lucy. You still took a lot of damage.”
“How are you okay?” She asked quietly, as he stood up. Loke shook his head and carefully hoisted her onto his back. She blushed lightly and looked away.
“I’m a Spirit,” He said. “I can take a lot of damage, now where are we?” Lucy glanced around at the barren, gray landscape. All she could see was rocks.
“I don’t know,” She replied, her mind fuzzy. “We were running away from some dark mages and--”
“You fell,” Loke concluded, moving forward slightly. He winced and clenched his fists. I have to get Lucy to safety. He thought, moving forward again. She can’t move at all! “Just rest, okay?” Lucy nodded and Loke moved on. As they continued through the landscape, he remained clueless as to where they were. I’ve never seen this place before. He thought, annoyed. It’s like it didn’t exist before today. Even after several hours no sign of life appeared.
“We should stop,” Lucy said softly in Loke’s ear. “You’re hurt too.” Loke smiled slightly at her concern for him.
“No,” He said. “It’s my job as your spirit to get you to safety.” Glancing around angrily, Loke wished there was at least one sign of life. A little ways away there was a large hole, but Loke didn’t trust it.
“Is that a cave?” Lucy asked glancing at the hole. “We could rest there.” Loke shook his head again.
“We have to keep going,” He told her. “I’m fine, stay still Lucy. Go to sleep.” As he turned away from the hole and continued to walk Lucy sighed in annoyance. He doesn’t have to put himself through so much pain trying to help me. She thought. Then, she felt a breeze hit them and she glanced behind them. Her eyes widened in fear.
“Loke!” She cried. “It’s--” Her eyes fell shut in mid sentence and she slumped against Loke.
“Lucy!” He said shocked and turned to look at her. “What’s wrong? Are you-” He stopped when he saw a large creature standing behind them. It emitted a powerful magical presence and he tried to resist it’s magic, but it was more overwhelming than anything he could withstand.
“Leo,” A voice spoke right before Loke fell to the ground. “It’s been a long time.”
When Loke woke up, he found himself sitting in a cave. All of his wounds seemed to have healed. Where am I? He wondered, then thought of Lucy. Lucy! Quickly sitting up he glanced all around the cave. His eyes rested on a large feathery beast sitting a few feet away.
“Grandine?” The Sky Dragon nodded towards Lucy, who was fast asleep on the floor.
“I healed both of you,” She growled. “Now get out of my cave. I don’t need you to mess it up.” Loke stared at the dragon in disbelief. Lucy stirred slightly and sat up slowly.
“We don’t know where we are,” Loke said, pulling Lucy towards him. She blinked and rubbed her eyes sleepily.
“Get out,” Grandine growled again, whipping her tail. It banged against the wall, causing the ceiling to shake. Lucy stared at her in disbelief. All of my wounds are healed, and why there’s a dragon here? She thought, glancing at Loke. What’s happened?
“Be reasonable,” He said, hoping the dragon wouldn’t destroy the cave. “We can’t get home, and everyone else is searching for Lucy. We have to find them, Natsu and Wendy are--”
“Wendy?” Grandine’s eyes widened and she lowered her head. “Get out! Don’t interfere with things that have nothing to do with you Leo! Take Layla’s daughter with you and get out!” Startled, Lucy hid behind Loke. She knew that neither of them could defeat Grandine. They wouldn’t stand a chance.
“How does she know Wendy and my mom?” Lucy whispered, staring at the dragon in fear. Then realization hit her. “Is that Grandine?”
“It would be an easy task for you,” Loke continued, nodding slightly at Lucy. “You could fly us home or at least to Natsu and Wendy.” Grandine growled and whipped her head towards them. The feathers lining her head bristled and she opened her mouth. A large blast of magic charged air shot out towards them. Loke pulled Lucy out of the way as Grandine’s attack destroyed part of the wall that was behind them.
“Why is Wendy such a soft spot for you?” Lucy shook her head at Loke, silently pleading him to stop. “Is it because you abandoned her? What about Layla? Do you know what happened to her?” Grandine glared at him and turned to attack again.
“Lucy-san?” A voice called from a distance. Grandine’s eyes widened. “Lucy-san, where are you?”
“GET OUT!” Grandine roared, flapping her wings. The wind sent both Loke and Lucy flying backwards out of the cave. They collided with Wendy and Charle, who were right outside. Wendy began to cry and apologize for letting Lucy fall, as Lucy and Loke both looked back towards the cave. It appeared to go underground, and they assumed Grandine fled as soon as she threw them out of the cave.
“We beat those guys after you fell Lucy!” Happy exclaimed, flying around happily. “Then we came to save you!”
“How are you okay?” Natsu asked. He stared at Lucy curiously.
“You fell really far,” Charle agreed, staring along with him. When Lucy opened her mouth to tell them about Grandine she felt Loke’s hand against her arm. Don’t tell them. He told her silently. Wendy will be heartbroken.
“Loke caught me,” Lucy told them. “And then we wandered around until you guys found us.” Everyone nodded and sighed in relief.
“Well Spirits sure are tough!” Natsu said, slapping Loke on the back. He laughed lightly, staring back at the cave. Wendy followed his gaze and then walked toward it.
“Wendy, where are you going?” Happy asked. Both Loke and Lucy looked at each other nervously.
“There’s a cave down there,” Wendy said, staring down the hole. “It looks like it goes on forever.” Leaning forward slightly, Wendy stared deeper into the cave.
“It’s probably dangerous Wendy-chan!” Lucy said, quickly racing over to her. “We shouldn’t go down there.” Wendy smiled slightly, staring into the cave. Even though it was underground she could feel air currents pulsing through it. The cave probably had many openings to allow air into it.
“Don’t worry so much!” Natsu told Lucy, also walking over. “Let’s explore!” Before Lucy could stop him, he slid down into the cave.
“Aye!” Happy quickly followed.
“You idiots!” Charle exclaimed after them. “Don’t go charging into the unknown!”
“Come back here Natsu!” Lucy yelled angrily. “Don’t go poking around down-”
“There’s a giant nest!” Both Loke and Lucy stiffened. Neither of them had noticed much about the cave since it was so dark. “And feathers!”
“Well if it’s safe,” Charle said, still unsure. However, Wendy jumped into the tunnel as soon as Natsu called back up. This place is hidden. She thought, excitedly. And underground! It would be somewhere I’d never look for Grandine! Charle sighed and followed Wendy, leaving Loke and Lucy standing at the entrance.
“This is a bad idea,” Loke said quietly. “No one knows why the dragons went away, they haven’t spoken to anyone, except for each other, in years.” Lucy glanced at him, questions running through her head.
“Did the dragons communicate with the Celestial Spirit World?” Lucy asked. “I mean, Grandine seemed to know and-”
“They communicated with the Spirit King,” Loke interrupted, entering the tunnel. “Let’s go, before they start causing trouble.” Staring after him, Lucy sighed and also went back down into the cave. Wendy was sitting in front of the large nest, holding a feather. It was a snowy white and looked softer then anything Lucy had ever seen.
“It’s one of Grandine’s,” Wendy whispered, stroking the feather. Tears began to roll down her cheeks and she sniffed. “She’s here, she’s really here!” Wendy stood up, still clutching the feather. Lucy bit her lip when she saw Wendy was crying. I hope she’ll be happy to see you. She thought, remembering Grandine’s reaction earlier.
“Let’s head further into the cave!” Natsu said excitedly. “If she’s here, maybe all of the dragons are!” Before the Dragon Slayers could race into the cave, Loke quickly stepped in front of them.
“Wait a second,” He said, shaking his head. “This isn’t a good idea. The dragons disappeared for a reason and if they wanted you to find them, you would have already.”
“Well maybe something took them away!” Natsu said, beginning to get angry. “We can ask them, once we find them!”