Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-17-2007, 07:38 AM

The girl he met was the first person of his age group that he met when he returned to Japan after the abbey in Russia. Some where along the way they ended up in a Beyblade battle in which she lost. But then again Kai only won by pure luck that day. Much how Tyson won the Japan Regional Tournament, both blades landed on the edge of the dish but then a gust of wind blew and Kai’s fell into the dish still spinning as hers fell out spinning at her feet. After that she kept on challenging him but it always seemed like he was one step of her. Once in a while she would win but then he would come back and beat her. She was there when he first started the Blade Starks and was still there after it broke up. It was because of her skills as a blader that he was alright with the fact that she could handle being the co-leader of the Blade Sharks. He was right. She controlled the Blade Sharks very well and kept them in line more then once. However not many of the Blade Sharks knew who she was or of her rank. There were others who among the Blade Sharks, that thought they were Kai’s right hand man. Oh how they never knew. They didn’t know that Kai went to her for problems he didn’t understand, like how on Earth was Tyson able to control a bit beast and why was he able to beat him. And as expected she gave him her advice. Kai hated to admit it but he would have been totally lost with her help, which was why he was here today. Once again seeking advice from his friend.

“Why not here,” he asked, throwing her question back at her. He watched as a frustrated look appeared on her face. Kai was beginning to understand why she spoke in riddles so much. It annoyed the other person. Then he watched as she threw back the question he threw back at her. “Yes do tell why not here.”

“What do you think,” he finally replied.

“That for the first time in almost a year you show up at my house looking for advice, probably dealing with one of your teammates because you would have most likely asked them first, that or they’re too stupid to understand. It’s personal because you could have gone to any of the other Beyblade teams you have met and associated with over the past year. Example, the White Tigers and All Stars but that would also do you no good because they probably don’t understand and seeing that none of them are even in Japan. Even if you did trust them that much there was no way you would have gotten on a plane to fly to another country just to see them, despite the fact that you know well enough that you can afford the price of a plane ticket. You could have also gone to an adult you know quite well, Mr. Dickenson is an example of this. But seeing as you’re here that more then once proves this is quite personal. So you came here. Your decision probably also has to do with the fact that you know that I’m very opened minded and if you told me that you were gay, you know full well that I wouldn’t care. You also know that that I’ve know you longer then the Bladebreakers and that you can trust me also knowing that I won’t breathe a word to anyone without your permission. Did I cover it all?” Her voice held a sarcastic tone at the last sentence.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-17-2007, 07:39 AM

“Well if you knew all of that then why bother asking me in the first place?” asked Kai. His tone of voiced played with amusement. His friend never crease to surprise him.

“Because I need to know if I’m right or not.”

“So what have you been doing this past year?”

He saw his friend twitch. “You’re doing it again,” she mumbled under her breath. “Nothing much. Still blading and practicing in the streets, attending local tournaments, yeah that the same things.”

“What about the others?”

“Frankly I stop checking up on them a month after you left. I saw no point to it. It was clear you weren’t coming back. They’re completely lost with you. None of them possessed any real skills in the first place though.”

“True.”

The sound of droplets of rain hitting the window, turn both of their attention to the window. The rain suddenly appeared and came pouring down. Dark clouds rolled on, covering the sky and blocked the sunrays. The ground and the windows were soaked with raindrops. Wind blew, swaying the green leaves now covered in raindrops and changing the direction of the rain.

“That doesn’t answer why you’re here though. I can guess all I like, but until you tell me I can’t help.”

“It’s nothing.”

“If you say so you.” There was a short pause then came, “Liar.”

“Now that I think about it I don’t want to talk about it. Not yet.”

“Humph.” She looked outside. The rain showed no signs of letting up soon. “Then you coming here was a waste of your time since you don’t want to talk about it.”

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-17-2007, 07:39 AM

“Can’t you think of this as a friendly visit?”

“Since when do you do ‘friendly’ visit?”

“True.”

Silence passed as both of them just watching the rain coming down. Slowly she spoke again, finishing what she had began to saying earlier, “If tomorrow is today, then today is yesterday as yesterday is the day after yesterday then to put it simply the risk of yesterday (1) is merely...”

She trailed off not finishing her sentence. Kai, having heard of this saying from her before, finished it for her, “The risk of today.”

The sun slowly peeked its way out of the clouds. The warm rays began to shine through the window as the dark clouds slowly and quietly disappeared. The smell of rain lingered before the rays of the sun dried up the remaining rain. Kai turned to leave, his white scarf flying behind him. She turned and watched as her friend walked out, towards the door.

“Leaving already,” she mused.

“The rain has stop and we really don’t have anything to talk about,” came from Kai’s slightly cold and uncaring voice. She merely smiled at the oh-so familiar tone. It did sound warmer to her though. ‘He really has changed and for the better,’ she thought. A small smile worked its way onto her face. Before completely walking out the door, Kai turned back and looked at his friend.

“Thanks Ayame (2),” he said.

Ayame smiled. “Now, now, I thought we agreed that we would call me Kuro.”

“Well then Kuro Ookami, the black wolf,” said Kai, “I’ll see you again.” He walked outside.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-17-2007, 07:40 AM

Ayame Ookami, or Kuro as she preferred to be called, watched as her former leader walked around the corner and disappeared from her view. Just as the white scarf fluttered around the corner, softly she muttered something. “Kai whatever is bother you, you better speak up and tell someone. Cause if I know you what you’re feeling, you better speak up before you regret for the rest of life.” Her head lower, her golden brown bangs shielding her eyes from the world. She closed the white with blue borders curtains and walked into her room. Her eyes lingered for a moment at a family portrait that hung on the wall. “Isn’t that right mom dad,” she asked. She smiled at the picture.

&--------------&

Meanwhile

&--------------&

Kai wandered on homeward. It was nice to see Ayame again. He had missed her and her riddles. But lately his mind was wandering on about a certain golden-eyed teammate of his. He looked to east to see the pale crescent moon preparing itself to make it’s full arrived as the sun began to make its way towards the horizon in the west. It was still lighted and the sun would not set for another hour. The wind blew, blowing his white scarf and slate blue bangs to dance around like a candle’s flame in the wind. Turning back to the soon to be setting sun, Kai headed towards home. The risk of today...

-----------Owari-----------------

(1) The Risk of Yesterday- Inspired by a Lord of the Ring fanfic, I do not own this quote. However the entire musing (If Today is yesterday ect...) belongs to me.

(2) Ayame Ookami- There is probably several version of her floating around in my head. The main idea of her creation was to give Kai a friend outside of the Bladebreakers, someone he could go to for advice. Not trying to make her a Mary-sue. (Sorry if she seemed that way). Her character (or at least this version of her) is suppose to be a mysterious, somewhat fun loving, person. She loves riddles (which is why she practically speaks in riddles)

Now I know Kai seemed a bit OOC around Ayame, but as I stated above the point of Ayame was to give Kai a friend to which he could go to advice to. Since she’s known Kai for longer, it’s half expected that he would acted slightly different around her then the Bladebreakers.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 09:51 AM

Reimei: Honor and Pride

-------

Chapter XIV
Honor or Pride Part 2: And so it begins…

------

Ed woke up to the white walls of the infirmary. He sat up in his bed, the events that happened a few hours ago flooding his mind. While he was happy that the whole Chamber of Secrets issue had been resolved, it still bothered him that he had found alchemy experiments down there. Ed looked to his right. Harry was still asleep. Killing a Basilisk, saving Ginny, defeating an evil spirit, and nearly dying in the whole process, it was no wonder he was exhausted.

Looking to his left, Ed saw the still bodies of those who were Petrified. Ed stared at Roy’s still body. This time despair didn’t fill him, but rather joy. Madam Pomfrey had informed him that the mandrake potions would be brewed by that evening, which meant everyone, including Hermione and Roy, would be back on their feet by tonight.

“Edward.”

Ed looked up, startled to see Dumbledore standing in front of his bed. When did the old man come in? “You said yesterday,” Dumbledore started, “that you ended up in another place of the Chamber. What was there?”

Pondering on it for a few moments, Ed decided not to tell Dumbledore exactly what he had found. While he trusted the older wizard, there was no need to tell him of what exactly was going on back home. What he found down there was somehow related to the chaos back home, Ed knew. He opened his mouth to tell Dumbledore there was nothing there, when Lucius Malfoy suddenly walked into the infirmary.

Behind him, Dobby came scurrying in, wrapped in bandages. Ed’s eyes widened. So Dobby was the Malfoy’s house elf! Ed’s heart went out to him. It must be a nightmare living with the Malfoys.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 09:52 AM

“So,” Lucius sneered at Dumbledore. “Have you stopped the attacks yet? Have you caught the culprit?”

Dumbledore’s eyes just twinkled at him. “We have. It was the same person as last time, Lucius. But this time, Lord Voldemort was acting through somebody else. By means of this diary.” He held up the small black book with a large hole.

Ed watched Dobby. The elf was making strange signals and then hitting himself as punishment. Dobby pointed to the diary and then Lucius. The light bulb went on. Harry had told him about the encounter between Mr. Weasley and Mr. Malfoy.

“Ah. I just remembered something,” Ed spoke up, interrupting the staring match between Lucius and Dumbledore. “You ran into the Weasley family in Diagon Alley and you picked up Ginny’s old Transfiguration book. I think it would have been quite easy to slip the diary inside, don’t you think?”

Lucius’ grip tightened on his cane. “Prove it,” he hissed.

“Oh, no one will be able to do that,” said Dumbledore, smiling at Ed. “Not now that Riddle has vanished from the book. On the other hand, I would advise you, Lucius, on not giving out anymore of Lord Voldemort’s old school things. If any more of them find their way into innocent hands, I think some people, Arthur Weasley for one, will make sure they are traced back to you…”

Lucius stared long and hard at Dumbledore and Ed, not saying anything. Finally, he turned and left. “We’re going, Dobby!” Lucius tore open the door, and stormed out.

Ed stared as Dobby stumbled out of the infirmary. It was then that an idea hit him. With a sly grin he asked, “Professor, can I return the diary to Mr. Malfoy?”

Dumbledore smiled. “Of course. Don’t forget the feast is about to start. I’ll wake Harry up in the mean time.”

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 09:53 AM

Ed clapped his hands and touched his bed sheets. As the blue light faded, a shirt fell into Ed’s hands. He tied the bottom of the shirt into a knot, dropped the diary in through the neck and ran out the door.

“Mr. Malfoy!” Ed shouted, catching up to the blond man and Dobby. “You forgot something!” He shoved the shirt and the diary into Lucius’ hands.

Lucius snatched the diary out of the shirt and tossed the shirt on the side. “I shall remember this, Mr. Elric,” he sneered. “You’ll meet the same fate as Harry Potter’s parents if you continue this. Meddlesome fools they were.”

He turned to leave. “Come, Dobby.”

The elf didn’t move. “I said, come,” Lucius repeated.

Dobby held up the shirt that Ed made. “Master has given a shirt. Master gave it to Dobby,” the elf said, his voice trembling with amazement. “Got shirt… Master threw it, and Dobby caught it… Dobby is free!”

Lucius snarled, whipping out his wand from his cane and pointing it at Ed. “You lost me my servant!”

Dobby stood in between Ed and Lucius. “You will not hurt friend of Harry Potter!”

-Bang-

Lucius flew backwards, hitting the wall. He stood up, shakily. Pointing his wand at Dobby, he snarled, “You!”

“You shall go now,” Dobby spoke, pointing his finger at Lucius. “You shall not touch Harry Potter or Harry Potter’s friends! You shall go now!”

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:00 AM

Lucius snarled one more time before sweeping his cloak behind him and leaving. As soon as he was out of sight, Dobby hugged Ed. “Mr. Elric has freed Dobby! Mr. Elric has set Dobby free!!” Dobby shouted happily.

Ed chuckled. “Just call me Ed. And it was the least I could do. Just promise not to try and save Harry’s life again, okay?”

Dobby smiled and hugged Ed again. “Thank you so much Mr. Elric! Harry Potter and his friends are far greater than Dobby has imagined! Farewell!” There was crack and Dobby was gone.

Ed smiled. Just then Harry came running around the corner and grabbed Ed’s arm. “Come on, Ed! The feast is about to start!!”

“Harry, wait!” Ed dragged his feet, slowing down the boy. Harry turned to look at him. “The petrified people? They awake?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah! Madam Pomfrey is giving them the mandrake potion right now!”

Ed ran back in the direction of the infirmary. “Go ahead!” he shouted back to Harry. “I’ll meet you down there.”

Harry smiled, knowing the reason. “Okay!”

------------

Just a few feet from the infirmary, Hermione tackled Ed. “Hermione! You’re alright!” Ed exclaimed. Hermione grinned.

“You guys solved it! I heard everything from Dumbledore!” she shrieked happily.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:04 AM

Ed grinned back. “Yeah, we did. Harry did most of the work though. Speaking of which, Harry already headed down to the feast. You should go too.”

Hermione nodded. “You coming?”

Ed shook his head. “Not now. I wanted to see Roy first.”

-----------

Harry turned the corner and ran into the one person he didn’t want to see: Draco. Both boys groaned before realizing whom they just ran into.

Draco stared at him. “You’re alive,” he said slowly.

Harry frowned, insulted. “Hoping I was gonna die down there?” he said with a clenched fist.

Draco’s cheeks turned a bright red. “No! I mean argh! You’re impossible, Potter! Forget it!” He stormed off into the Great Hall, hurt that Harry didn’t believe he was actually concerned.

Harry watched Draco’s back as he walked away. He blinked rapidly, confused at Draco’s words. He really didn’t understand him.

----------

Roy stretched his stiff limbs. Being petrified was not the best thing in the world. He picked up his state alchemist watch and placed it back in his pocket. Then he grabbed his cloak and threw it on. Dumbledore had informed all those who had been petrified of what had happened a few hours ago.

Roy smiled to himself. So Ed, Harry and Ron had figured out the final piece. He came across the Basilisk’s entry just a few hours before he was attacked. Roy thanked his luck that he had only been petrified and not killed.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:06 AM

He was adjusting his tie when he felt someone’s arms wrap around his waist. Roy looked over his shoulder. “Edward?” he said quietly.

Ed had come into the infirmary quietly and gave him a quick hug. “You idiot,” Ed muttered, not looking Roy in the eye. “Don’t you ever do something like that again!” He whacked Roy on his head for good measure.

Roy smiled and patted Ed on the head. “I won’t,” he chuckled. “Come on. Let’s get to the feast.”

-----------

The feast had been terrific. Students in their pajamas gathered around Harry, Ron and Ed, asking every question possible about what had happened. The party lasted all through the remainder of the night. Hagrid showed up halfway past three, sweeping the three boys into a hug. Professor McGonagall announced that Gryffindor had secured the House Cup for another year and all final exams had been canceled in celebration.

Roy joined the rest of the teachers who cheered when Dumbledore announced that Lockhart would not be able to return to his teaching post and would be sent to the hospital to recover his lost memory.

“Finally!” said Ed. “I was getting annoyed with that fraud.”

Ron laughed. “You know, he was actually starting to grow on me.”

--------------

The reminder of the days had flown by all too fast. Before Ed knew it, it was time to leave once more. He noticed that Draco was acting reclusive, avoiding Harry especially. Ed brushed it off, assuming it had to do with the fact that his dad had been sacked as school governor. Ginny had recovered nicely and was happily chatting with her friends.

Soon they had climbed into the Hogwarts Express and were heading back to King’s Cross.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:12 AM

“So Ed, you’re gonna come back next year? It’ll be a shame if you don’t, seeing as you’ve spent two years learning magic and should finish,” said Harry.

Ed shrugged, glancing at Roy who had fallen asleep. “I dunno. I got a lot of things to do back home.”

“What kind of things? I mean, I know you’ll probably be busy, but seriously what could keep you from coming back every year to Hogwarts?” asked Ron. Ed never talked about his hometown, much less about himself. All they knew was that Ed practiced alchemy (which was like his hometown's form of magic,) and that Mr. Mustang was from there too.

Ed shifted in his seat nervously. There was really no need to tell Harry, Ron and Hermione about the truth he was after or the fact that he was in the military. “Well, I work,” Ed explained. “It’s just me and my brother because my parents are dead, so I have to work to support us. And, well, I can’t keep going to Hogwarts if I don’t have the funds to support myself.” It was a partial lie. It was true that he worked, but he had the funds to support himself. Between his excess research funds and salary from the military, Ed actually had enough to buy himself a mansion and retire for life.

“Oh.”

“So Mr. Mustang isn’t your guardian?” Hermione asked.

Ed shook his head, amused at what Hermione was suggesting. “No. He’s not. He just works in the same place that I do.”

“As a librarian?”

Ed laughed at that one. “No. Believe it or not, this guy is not a real librarian,” Ed said pointing to Roy.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:13 AM

“Then what on earth do you guys do?” asked Harry.

Ed chuckled again. “Well that, I’m afraid, is a secret.”

“What?! Don’t you trust us?” Ron probed.

“Of course I do. But that doesn’t mean I have to tell you,” Ed said secretively. There was no need to expose his friends to the world that he lived in. The train drew to a stop. “We’re here,” said Ed, changing the subject. “Hey, Roy! Wake up.”

Roy stirred. “We’re here already?” he asked sleepily. He was hoping his nap would last for a little bit longer.

Harry was scribbling something on a piece of paper. He handed one to Ed, Ron and Hermione. “This is my telephone number. I showed your dad how to use the phone over the summer,” Harry told Ron. “And Ed, I’m not sure if you even have phones in your country.”

Laughing, Ed took the number. “We do, but I don’t think I’ll be able to call you anyways. I don’t think I can call that far away. We’re kinda behind on the whole advancing of technology. You’re better off trying to contact me by owl.”

“Still, try. I can’t stand another two months with only Dudley to talk to,” Harry complained.

They all exited the train. “You could probably send it to Mr. Mustang here and he’ll pass the message on to me,” Ed said.

Roy grumbled. “I’m not your messenger.”

“But you’re the fastest way to get messages to me,” Ed grinned.

“Why is that?” asked Harry. If they both worked at the same place then why would it be faster to send messages to Mr. Mustang?”

“That’s a secret,” Ed said.

“He travels a lot for our work,” Roy explained. Ed elbowed him in the stomach for ruining that secret.

“Ah, I see,” said Harry. “Well, keep in touch you two!” Harry waved bye to them as he, Ron, and Hermione walked through the gateway first.

Roy looked at Ed. “Ready to go home?” he asked.

Ed grinned. “Yup. I missed Al and everyone else.”

They both turned to head towards the 9 ¾ portal way when a voice stopped them. “I’m afraid you two aren’t going anywhere.”

--------------

~Owari~

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:21 AM

Fandom: FMA
Pairing: Roy/Ed
Note: Sequel to Under the Mistletoe

Mistletoe Drabble: The Christmas Card

---
A week after the party….

Hughes opened his mailbox to retrieve the day’s mail. Merely out of habit, he stood there out in the cold, leafing through the mail to see what had arrive. So far, nothing was good.

“Bills, bills, bills, bills, a magazine for my daring and lovely wife, and… a letter from the twins…?” Hughes paused. Now why would the Mustang twins be sending him and his family a letter when they see each other every single day? Why didn’t they just hand deliver it when they were over last night?

Letting his curiosity get the better of him, Hughes opened the letter. Inside was a card. A simple card really. It was plain white with a cute and simple Christmas tree drawn on it. You know, the same kind of Christmas card you found find a card store. At the top, in the loopy script writing that all cards use, it said, “Merry Christmas.”

A Christmas card… now that wasn’t something you see the Mustang twins do every year. If they choose to remember they send a few out. If not, a simple telephone call or just saying it straight to the person is how they work. As complicated as Roy and Rayna could be, some things they did were very simple.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 AM

Hughes opened the card and began to read it. It may have been from the Mustang twins, but it was obvious that Rayna was the one who was writing. Of course, that wasn’t the scary thing. The scary thing was that the way Rayna was writing it made her sound –VERY- happy and a –VERY- happy Rayna is a scary thing. Her writing just seem to bounce along like that little ball that would jump from word to word in a sing-a-long video. Having know her for years, Hughes knew that only two things could put Rayna in such a good mood. The first was spending time with Riza. Hell would freeze over before you could separate the two… then again… love does strange things to people. The second involved Roy in some way. Like any sister, Rayna loved annoying/teasing/irritating/blackmailing her twin.

Hughes took a guess it had to do something with Roy. He shivered as a cold gust of wind blew. Perhaps he should go back inside where it was warmer. As he turned back towards his house, he continued to read, growing more and more worried. If he didn’t know any better, he would say Rayna was rambling in her letter. (Also Rayna rambling is not a good think; it’s a scary thing) In fact, her writings made no sense to Hughes at all. The only things he understood was ‘Merry Christmas’, ‘Roy and Ed’, and something about being very happy. There also mentions of a wedding… but Hughes wasn’t sure which, much less who’s, wedding.

Shutting the door behind him and locking out the cold, Hughes noticed a picture sticking out of the envelope. Plucking it out of the envelope, Hughes’s eyes began to grow as big as dinner plates.

The picture was as simple as the card, but it said a thousands words. The equation was simple too. Roy and Rayna’s house plus mistletoe plus Edward plus Roy equals Ed and Roy kissing.

As laughter rang through out the house, everything in the letter suddenly made sense. And to think, this was one of twenty that were sent out and received this morning.

Owari

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:33 AM

Mistletoe Drabble: thousands of mistletoes

---

Snowflakes gently fell as Roy and Ed walked towards the house. A blast of warm air hit them as they stepped in from the cold and into the heated house. As he looked around, soaking up his surroundings, Ed couldn’t help but be impressed. ‘So this is Roy’s house,’ he thought. ‘It’s… big…’

Ed’s statement was true. Roy’s house was big, very big. It felt like it was a maze with you stuck right in the middle of it or at least that was what it felt like to Edward. It was a mansion: high ceilings and a long winding hallway in front of them, and dark polished wooden floors. Large windows were frosted with the snow from outside. Dim lights glowed throughout the house. The house was warm, heated at a comfortable temperature. Despite the size, it had a cozy feeling to it, a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Roy ushered Ed towards the kitchen. Plans for hot chocolate were in process and nothing was going to stop them from enjoying the time together.

So with some milk,

Coco power too,

A quick stir and whip

Throw in a few marshmallows

And two cups of hot chocolate were done

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:34 AM

Just as he was about to step out of the kitchen, Ed happened to look up. That was not what he thought that was, right?

Lo and behold, there was a mistletoe nailed into the top of the frame of the door.

Ed blinked once, then twice, then three times. Turning back to Roy, Ed said, “Ummm… that’s not another mistletoe, is it?”

Roy looked up. There was a mistletoe alright, definitely not a trick of the eyes. A feeling of dread washed over Roy. There was no way… She couldn’t have done that…? Why would she do that? (The answer, if Roy thought about it, was actually very obvious.)

He peered down the hallway, looking at all the doorways. Sure enough, there was a mistletoe hanging from each and every doorway. Just that small little innocent looking mistletoe…

Roy twitched. Once was surprising. Twice, half expected. But more then twenty mistletoes? Too far… It had to be her. Only she would go this far to do something like this.

“RAYNA!’

---

Meanwhile, in the living room, Rayna Mustang paused as she finished tying the mistletoe to a wire and attaching it to the two chairs. Blinking innocently, she could have sworn she just heard her brother calling her. Thinking about it, she shrugged it off. Probably the wind; it was a big house after all. Then with a grin on her face, she continued on with her task of decorating the house with mistletoe. Oooo, what fun she would have

---

Owari

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:41 AM

“Seika, first, shut up. My head can’t take much more of your complaining. Second, why the hell aren’t you sick!”

The white-haired girl paused in her complaining to shrug. “You keep forgetting that I grew up in a place that snowed every single day, Major General.” There was a sarcastic emphasis on the words ‘major general’.

In bed, Major General Rayna Mustang was looking rather pale and sickly. Of course, she did spent a good amount of time outside last night. It wasn’t much of a wonder why she was sick like this. So, running a fever of a 103 with a runny nose, massive headache and non-stop coughs, Rayna was not a happy person.

Next to her in the same bed, was her girlfriend, Riza Hawkeye. Like Rayna, she was sick, suffering with similar symptoms. She was actually trying to ignore Seika and actually get some sleep. Riza had her face buried in a pillow trying to block out all sounds.

Not wanting to stay up and argue with Seika, as she was feeling her headache getting worse, Rayna decided to follow her girlfriend’s example and sleep the cold off. It was better then nothing. Ah, the things she did for a few pictures and for her brother. Stupid Roy, if he just solved his own love problems, she wouldn’t have to go through this. ‘Mental note,’ thought Rayna, ‘give Ed and Roy a good whack when I recover.’ Then without another thought, she turned over and began to doze off.

Seika on the other hand wasn’t going to let her superior get away that easily. “You know…”

A pillow thrown to her head was her only answer.

----------------

owari

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:47 AM

------------------

Snow Globe

-------------------

Renji picked up the odd looking object. The very odd looking object. It was a ball… sort of. It was made of glass. There was some kind of odd figurine inside. (Rukia said it was a guy named Santa Clause who gives gifts to little children). There appeared to be water in it. Plus when Renji shook the odd looking object, all this white stuff things floated around. This was a very odd object indeed.

“What are you staring at Renji?”

Renji looked to see his childhood friend watching him. Come to think of it he was here to visit Rukia and learn more about this Christmas holiday she kept talking about. Renji believe it was mention in the academy before, in Human Society Class but he never really paid attention to it. Anyways… this Christmas holiday that humans celebrate was quite interesting.

“What is this thing?” Renji asked. He pointed to the weird object he held in his hands.

Rukia blinked. “It’s called a Snow Globe. You shake it and these white particles are suppose to be like snow.”

“Oh.”

“Do you want to make one?”

Renji stared at Rukia, surprised at her question. “You can make one of these things by yourself?”

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:48 AM

Rukia nodded. “They have a kit for it. You can make your own.”

----------------------------

Byakuya, taichou of sixth division, was doing his daily paperwork when Renji came back from his… ‘vacation.’ He didn’t really see Renji’s need to go visit his sister, much less try and understand a pitiful human holiday.

“Merry Christmas!”

An eyebrow raise slightly, showing just a tiniest bit of emotion as Renji came into his office with a silly grin before placing an oddly shaped package on his desk. Byakuya stared at the package, noting that it was wrapped in shiny green paper with some weird bird looking animal. A penguin he believed. Perhaps, had he been someone else, he would have probably poked it.

“What is this?” Byakuya asked in his monotone voice.

“A gift! Don’t just stare at it! Open it!”

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:49 AM

Byakuya stared at Renji before returning the look at the package. He supposed he should open it otherwise the redhead would end up bothering him all day about it. Byakuya paused for a moment to ponder why he kept the redhead as his fukutaichou (1) anyways. It was quite troublesome to have the redhead around sometimes.

Mentally sighing and wondering why he had to do this, Byakuya opened the gift. Inside was this… weird… glass ball thing. Byakuya stared at the toy figure inside the ball. If he didn’t know any better, someone was trying to make the abnormally, lopsided figure look like him. The kanji for six painted on the toy’s back was enough of a hint. Byakuya shook the shape lightly allowing pink particles to float and swirl.

“...What is this?” he dryly asked.

Renji beamed. “It’s a snow globe. I made it all by myself! If you can’t tell, taichou, it’s suppose to be you and Senbonzakura.”

Byakuya stared at it before looking at Renji. That’s it. The redhead wasn’t allowed to take any more trips to the human world during Christmas.

----------------owari---------------

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Or Die Trying

&-----------------------&

A samurai without honor is a coward

A ninja without stealth is useless

And a man without a heart is emotionless

&-----------------------&

Kakashi stared at the still body before him. Did it have to come to this? This was going to break Iruka’s heart. The Copy Ninja knew how much the Chuunin cared for his students.

And Sasuke... Kakashi looked towards the direction he assumed Sasuke disappeared off to. Then his gaze turned towards the sky. The rain should come back. Everything seemed to be more comforting when it was raining...

&--------------&

“Wake up kit.”

Naruto didn’t answer. Deep within the young ninja’s soul and mind, Kyuubi paced back and forth behind his cage. His charge laid dead (or unconscious) in front of him. The boy had collapsed; his young body wasn’t able to handle his power.

“Wake up brat! Are you going to just sit there and let your friend walk away?!”

Again, Naruto didn’t answer him. It was then that Kyuubi noticed that his cage was gone and the world surrounding him had turned gray.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:51 AM

&----------------&

Sasuke continued his way into the darkness. Each step he took brought him closer to Orochimaru, closer to power. Each step took him further into the darkness and away from his friends and home.

‘I walk my own path... I will avenge my clan. No will stop me.’

The image of smiling, cheerful prankster rose in his mind. ‘No even you Naruto...’

&-----------------&

Kyuubi’s eyes widened. That smell on the wind; the distant sound of bells he heard, a soft jingle that slowly grew louder and louder. He turned towards the sound and snarled. His hair rose and a low growl was heard from his throat. No! Not her! Not yet!

His attention shifted back towards Naruto. The boy had yet to awaken. “C’mon, brat! If you die, then I die.” Naruto didn’t even move.

Kyuubi gave a sigh of defeat. There was nothing he could do once she showed up. Briefly, he wondered how angry she would be. Getting sealed by a mortal into a belly of another mortal, then showing up at her gates after twelve years, he was in trouble...

A person, female, materialized in front of him. Long, black, dragon-like wings stretched out behind her. A gust of wind blew her raven black dress and sash; both trimmed in silver. That same gust of wind blew her long black hair. For some reason, there were bells in her hair this time. Kyuubi didn’t have time to ponder on that as cold, crimson red eyes locked with his. Kyuubi frowned as she spoke, “It’s been awhile Kyuubi–kun.”

“I didn’t expect to meet you again like this, Hotaru-chan(1),” said Kyuubi. He only got a cold stare from his friend’s ice-hard crimson eyes.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:52 AM

Kyuubi didn’t really expect to meet his friend under these conditions. The form she took wasn’t putting any ease to his mind to begin with. He had seen her like this before and hoped never to see her use this form for him.

“It’s been twelve years, hasn’t it?” Hotaru mused.

“Yes...”

A soft and wistful smile graced her face. Kyuubi’s eyebrow rose. ‘I didn’t think she was capable of smiling when she was like this,’ thought Kyuubi. Whenever Hotaru was in her ‘black’ form, he didn’t believe she had emotions when she was like that.

“Sadly we don’t have time to sit and talk, old friend,” Hotaru. Her smile turned into a familiar smirk. “It seems you’ve escaped my, Death’s, clutches for the second time.”

Kyuubi blinked. Did she just imply what he thought she just implied? He watched as she shifted forms. Black became white, silver became gold, and crimson red turned sapphire blue. From a fallen angel, a pure angel appeared.

Standing before him now was an angel with white feathered, bird-like wigs. Her dress and sash was now pure white, trimmed in gold. The hard crimson red eyes were now a soft sapphire blue.

“Fate has spoken, my friend. The Angel of Death will sleep tonight. I, Life will lead you back,” whispered Hotaru. “Take your charge and go, friend. You’ll live for another day.”

A bright light engulfed the three of them...

&--------------------&

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:53 AM

Kakashi picked up Naruto. From what he could tell the blond boy was alive, barely. Naruto needed to see a doctor and fast. Kakashi looked up at the massive statues before him. “In such a place... Naruto and Sasuke...”

“It's ironic isn’t it...?” said Pakkun as he watched his master.

“Yes...” answered Kakashi. “It is said that long ago, two men fought here. From the scar caused by that fight, this river was formed.” The rain had come back, falling gently as it washed away the remains of the fight. “If you observe the flow... it continues flowing, without ever stopping. To mark that battle... Konoha Village was built. The ones who shared the fate of these statues... Naruto and Sasuke... Your lives are remarkably like theirs...”

Slowly, Naruto’s blue eyes opened again...

&------------------&

“Traveling, young friend?”

Sasuke looked up. Sitting in a tree was a boy no older than him. The wind tossed the stranger’s silver hair as golden eyes bore down at Sasuke. He was dressed in a red shirt and deep blue pants that stood out among the green foliage of the tree.

“What do you want,” snapped Sasuke.

The stranger leaped down from the tree, landing softly on the ground. “Congratulations,” he said while clapping, “You’ve finally become the emotionless shinobi you wanted to be.”

“What are you talking about,” demanded Sasuke. He was not in the mood to play mind games. He had somewhere to go.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 12-27-2007, 10:54 AM

“No matter what situation... a shinobi must keep their emotions on the inside... You must make the mission your top priority... and you must possess a heart that never shows tears. You have successfully done that, Sasuke-kun. You managed to kill your closest friend and the only person you’ve cared for since your family died,” said the stranger softly.

“How do you know my name,” asked Sasuke. Who the heck was this guy?

Once again the stranger didn’t answer. Instead he asked, “So tell me, Sasuke-kun. Was it worth it?”

Sasuke froze. For some reason the countless memories he had shared with Naruto, the Haku and Zabuza incident, the Chuunin Exam, going to ninja school, on and on, came rushing back to him.

“What do you know about that,” snarled Sasuke. This guy was playing with his mind and he didn’t like it. His mind was set and no one, not Naruto, not this stranger, was going to change it.

The stranger gave him a smile. “Remember, Sasuke-kun. Absolute power corrupts and the truth is not always as plain as day. A ninja must be able to read what's underneath the underneath. Open your eyes. Maybe you’ll see the truth and exactly what it is you are walking away from.”

“What?!” yelled Sasuke.

The stranger just snapped his fingers and vanished, leaving Sasuke with his thoughts.