The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 08-07-2011, 07:00 PM

Introduction, Rules, and Hints

First, Unless you have been living in a cave all of your life, I'm sure you've heard of or played the "Guess the Song Lyric" game. In case you're running out of things to chat about, you're welcome to scan the lyrics and guess the Band and The Name of the Song. If it happens to be from a TV show or Musical, it is a bonus if you can name the Original Band or Composer along with the TV show/musical and song name.

Second, Please DO NOT CHEAT by using google or any other search engines. That takes the fun out of the game. The point is for everyone to use their memory and perhaps work in collaboration to solve the lyrics.

If you are STILL thinking about cheating by using Google, Read This!X

Okay, in order to enforce the rule of 'no cheating' I would have to jump through a few too many hoops such as bribing someone for IP addresses, resolving them to hostnames, using microsoft terminal services client to crach and check internet history... I don't want to go there.

I want you to know that I have a very high sense of integrity and morality and I detest those who lie, cheat, deceive, and are hypocrites. Of course I will have no way of knowing, but you will. I'm also a bit of a prescense on menewsha and every time you see my username and/or avatar know that my stomach would churn with bile if I knew that you considered yourself my friend but couldn't follow a simple rule all for the sake of perhaps earning an additional bit of virtual currency for virtual items. The shame and guilt should burn away at you. Just don't do it.

Third, Your first hint(s): Genres that I like and don't like.

With very little exception I despise the following: rap, hip-hop, r&b, country, bluegrass, folk, reggae, jazz.

I happen to adore the following: classic rock, metal, grunge, alternative-rock, industrial rock, difinitive alternative, soundtrack songs, and anime songs.

I am fairly neutral to: Classical, J-rock, Pop (either love or hate, evens out)

Fourth Would you like some gold :gold: with your pie? If you solve a moderate to difficult level lyric you will receive a small gold bonus (10 for moderate, 15 for moderate-difficult, 20 for a difficult)

Last edited by The_Crow; 08-07-2011 at 07:21 PM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 08-07-2011, 07:01 PM

First Round of Lyrics

1: EASY
Quote:
Run and tell all of the angels, "This could take all night!"
I think I need a devil to help me get things right.
2: EASY
Quote:
Zankouku na tenshi no youni
Shounen wa shinwa ni nare
3: MODERATE
Quote:
Now you're messin' with a - a son of bitch!
4: MODERATE
Quote:
Way, way back many centuries ago, not long after the Bible began...
5: EASY
Quote:
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.
6: MODERATE
Quote:
We asked many questions like children often do. We said, "Tell me all your thoughts on God, 'cause I'd really like to meet her, and ask her why we're who we are."
7: MODERATE-DIFFICULT
Quote:
Sucker love is heaven sent, you pucker up our passion's spent. My heart's a tart your body's rent. My body's broken, yours is bent.
8: MODERATE
Quote:
I've got my Dungeon Master's Guide. I've got my Twelve-Sided Die.
(HINT: Think 1994, Way before Weird Al...)(HINT 2: Stephen Lynch's D&D has a lyric about a twelve sided die but it is not these two lines a row...) (HINT 3: This song comes from an ALBUM that is very BLUE

9: EASY-MODERATE
Quote:
Gomen ne sunao ja na nakute. Yume no naka nara ieru. Shikou kairo wa SHOTTO sunzen, ima sugu ai tai you.

Nakita nu naru you na MOONLIGHT. Deniwa mo dekinai MIDNIGHT. Datte junjou dou shiyou, HATTO wa manekyou?
10: EASY
Quote:
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage!
Tell me I'm the only one. Tell me there's no other one. Jesus was an only son. Tell me I'm the chosen one. Jesus was the only son for You...

Last edited by The_Crow; 08-07-2011 at 10:21 PM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:01 PM

First Round Winners

1. Star Valo correctly guessed "Learn to Fly" by The Foo Fighters
2. TanaChan correctly guessed "Cruel Angel's Thesis" from "Evangelion"
3. hummy correctly guessed "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth
4. Amice correctly guessed "Jacob and Sons" from "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".
5. Shadami correctly guessed "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd
6. Fauxreal correctly guessed "Counting Blue Cars" by Dishwalla
7. Ashtyn Leigh correctly guessed "Every You, Every Me" by Placebo
8. Silence correctly (and painstakingly) narrowed down "In the Garage" by Weezer
9. Ayreiya correctly guessed "Moonlight Densetsu" from "Sailor Moon"
10. Silence correctly guessed "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" by The Smashing Pumpkins

Second Round Winners

Bravo: Silence correctly guessed "Carry On , Wayward Son" by Kansas
Delta: Elirona correctly guessed "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden
Echo: Saravi Boo correctly guessed "Turning Sadness Into Kindness/Kanashimi wo Yasashisani" from "Naruto", by "Little by Little"
Foxtrot: Star Valo correctly guessed "Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)" by The Offspring
Golf: Silence correctly guessed "Inside Out" by Eve 6
India: Himalia correctly guessed "Shut Me Up" by Mindless Self Indulgence (MSI)

Last edited by The_Crow; 08-11-2011 at 05:55 PM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:02 PM

Second Round - First Half

Alpha: EASY - MODERATE
Quote:
Hontou wa kirai suki mou sou nano?
Jibun no kimochi ga
KURIA ni mietara
LEDII demo HOSuTTO demo kamawanaiyo!
Bravo: EASY - MODERATE
Quote:
There'll be peace when you are done.
Lay your weary head to rest.
Don't you cry no more.
Charlie: MODERATE
Quote:
Hikaru kaze wo oitashikara
Nani ga matteinonakara
Ame furetimoheiki
Niji ni naru you
Delta: EASY
Quote:
Studdering, cold and damp, steal the warm wind tired friend
Times are gone for honest men, sometimes far too long for snakes.
In my shoes, a walking sleep, in my youth I pray to keep
Heaven send Hell away
No one sings like you anymore.
Echo: MODERATE
Quote:
Sou sakanashimi wo yasashiani
Jibun rashisa o chikara ni
mayoignara demo ii
arukidashite
mou ikai

Foxtrot: EASY - MODERATE
Quote:
He's getting a tattoo, yeah
He's getting ink done
He asked for a 13, but they drew a 31
Friends say he's trying too hard
And he's not quite hip
But in his own mind he's the... he's the DOPEST TRIP!
Golf: MODERATE
Quote:
Wanna put my tender heart in a blender
Watch it spin 'round to a beautiful oblivion
Rendevous then I'm through with you!
Hotel: DIFFICULT
Quote:
I think my friend said 'Stick it in the back of her head!'
I think my friend said 'Two of them are sisters!'
I'm a murder tramp, birthday boy, I think I said
I'm gonna bash 'em in, bash 'em in, I think he said.
India: MODERATE - DIFFICULT
Quote:
The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble
I LIKE MY COFFEE BLACK JUST LIKE MY METAL!
Juliet: MODERATE - DIFFICULT
Quote:
I loved a woman, when I was a man.
Now I'm a creature from back in time.
Revenge is best a dish served cold.
I'll have my way, before I am old.

Last edited by The_Crow; 08-10-2011 at 03:20 PM..

Flish
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 PM

*prances in* Mew? 8D Kinny will try! *stares at the lyrics*

Ayreiya
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2011, 08:10 PM

I have no idea....i have to listen to all my japanese music again cause i think i know the second one but i don't know the name of the song

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-07-2011, 08:20 PM

Hello! :D How goes it, Crow-Sama!?

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 08:34 PM

Hiya Kinny, Clair-Bear-Voyant, and everyone else. I'm surprised nobody has guessed any of the lyrics yet! I've only put up one moderately obscure one that was in a major, popular, movie soundtrack... come on people... put on your thinking caps... or your iTunes playlist...

Flish
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-07-2011, 08:43 PM

Kinny doesn't have iTunes. 8D;; He's also... well... not knowing much about music. XD *gigglefits*

----------

... Is number 8 by Weird Al? o.o

Ayreiya
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2011, 08:58 PM

Number nine is Moonlight Densetsu which is the opening song to the sailor moon anime.

and number 8 is white and Nerdy by weird al

Last edited by Ayreiya; 08-07-2011 at 09:01 PM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 PM

Ayreiya: Congratulations! You got number nine right! You win... your name in the list of winners, a pie from the system, and five gold since that was only moderate-easy.

I'll have to actually google the lyrics to "white and nerdy" because if it has those exact lines, I'll give you each credit BUT I do know they are originally from a different song that came out on an album in 1994 ;) So think at least a decade prior to Weird Al... right around the time Grunge transitioned to "Alternative Rock"...

Ayreiya
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2011, 09:06 PM

Ah alright. but thank you.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 09:12 PM

I've just confirmed that number 8's lyrics are NOT in Weird Al's White and Nerdy. His closest reference is:

Quote:
First in my class here at M.I.T.
Got skills, I'm a Champion of DND

Ayreiya
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2011, 09:14 PM

Alright. Thank you.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-07-2011, 09:16 PM

Don't recognize any of those lyrics. :lol:

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 09:18 PM

For the most part you really need to "Think Ninties" for those lyrics... I think with the exception of two -raises eyebrows-, but yes, the vast majority of them are from 90's rock.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD
Send a message via AIM to TanaChan Send a message via MSN to TanaChan Send a message via Yahoo to TanaChan

Old 08-07-2011, 09:25 PM

number two is from Evangelon
Cruel Angel's Thesis in english i think

Tana has it on her i-pod

Last edited by TanaChan; 08-07-2011 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: has on ipod

Silence
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM

#10 is Bullet with Butterfly Wings, by The Smashing Pumpkins.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM

Yatta! TanaChan wins number two! There's no gold bonus since that was an "easy" one, but it's kind of one of the classic anime themes that just about everyone should recognize. Good job :glomp:

----------

Also great job Silence! If you continue to "Think 90's rock" you may be able to nail a few others!

Amice
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Amice

Old 08-07-2011, 09:46 PM

#4 is from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The song is Jacob and Sons.

That's one of my favorite musicals. I used to listen to the soundtrack endlessly.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 09:47 PM

Number seven wouldn't happen to be Every You Every Me would it? If it's not that song I'm almost positive it's Placebo... I remember listening to tons of there songs with my aunt like on repeat and I'm pretty sure it's Every You Every Me.... Just saying...

I might know the ones in a different language, but I would have to look up the translation and that would be cheating right? O.e I'm confused.... sorry if I am wrong.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD
Send a message via AIM to TanaChan Send a message via MSN to TanaChan Send a message via Yahoo to TanaChan

Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 PM

YAY!!!!
and Tana knows the really hard one >.> But only cause tana cheated and googled, so i won't say the name and stuffs. But now Tana has another artist/band to like >.>

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 09:50 PM

Amice: Way to go! You will receive 10g in addition to your pie for getting a moderate level lyric. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is amazing. I saw it at a dinner theatre in a 6th grade field trip to washington D.C., and my choir backed up a kid's choir for "Jacob and sons" and "The Coat of Many colors" in a children's remdition of it.

Ashtyn Leigh: Awesome! You got the most difficult one on the board! I'm a HUGE placebo fan, but unfortunately in the states they only have a cult following. Every You, Every Me was used at the beginning of "Cruel Intentions". Enjoy 15 :gold: in addition to your pie!

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 08-07-2011, 09:50 PM

sad thing is, the songs I do know, I don't know the titles and bands too. So i epic fail XD

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 PM

I was looking at the lyric stuff and it made me remember lyrics to some songs by The Strokes, Five Finger Death Punch, and Scary Kids Scaring Kids lol (: A lot of people don't know those bands though TT^TT

The_Crow: Ahhh! That's awesome :3 I thought I was wrong there for a second. I actually like them a lot :3 So I would have been sad if I was wrong :(