AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to AvengedxxAngel Send a message via MSN to AvengedxxAngel

Old 02-16-2009, 05:36 AM

Lura!
Of course I remember you!!!

How've ya been?

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2009, 07:46 AM

Yay for being remembered~! >w<

I've been okay~ My current semester turned out to be more homework time heavy than I expected, well, I expected it to be either one with loads of free time, or extremely time demanding. But other than that, I'm really enjoying the major I'm in, and planning on sticking to 'til graduation. XD

How have you been all this time? Rather well, I hope. 8'O

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to AvengedxxAngel Send a message via MSN to AvengedxxAngel

Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 AM

Ohhh, well..
I've definitely had my ups and downs
xDD

What are you majoring in?

Im sort of excited to go to college next year, but at the same time im not excited at all.

I really wanna go to be a Recording Engineer, but I havent had any experience with it, so I dunno if I'll actually like it, or even if I do like it, if its something I would want to do as a career.
I just dunno!
xD

Your avi's very cute, by the way!
<3~

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2009, 08:19 AM

Haha~

I'm majoring Fine Arts! Concentrating on drawing, design, and painting.
@o@
I kind of felt the same way my Freshman year, heh. Will you be dorming next year? Or commuting to college? 8O

What does a recording engineer do? @O@

Thank you~ X'3 <3
I like your fishy zombie look, hehe~ X'D

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-16-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What a recording engineer does:
Recording engineers operate and maintain sound recording equipment. They may also work special effects equipment. These engineers install, test, repair, set up and operate the electronic equipment used to record and transmit radio signals.They regulate the signal strength, clarity and range of sounds and colors of recordings or broadcasts. They also operate control panels to select the material's source.

Addition from Chammusic:

In a professional music studio a recording engineer's job is based around the actual recording of the music group or band. For example they would select and set up the microphones for a drum kit recording // do a soundcheck on the setup // actually supervise the recording //

In a lot of studios the engineers also play an important role in actually mixing the recorded tracks as well - use of compression, EQ, reverb, stereo field + much more to help blend together the individual tracks.

The second part, under the 'addition from chammusic', thats what I wanna do :3

Hehe, thanks :]

OH!
Aaaand, another HUGE thanks for the donation ^^;

Last edited by AvengedxxAngel; 02-16-2009 at 08:30 AM..

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2009, 08:36 AM

Ohh~ I might have known what those people were called before and forgot, but now thanks to you, I know for sure, haha!
But that sounds like a really cool job, and you could be surrounded by music-- that's always fun.
X'3

You're very welcome~! 8'D
I like to donate EIs when I can to people who happen to miss the event, hehe. XD

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 AM

It does seem like it'd be a pretty cool job<3~
I just wish I knew for sure if that's what I wanna do.
Pretty much any college that offers the program I need will be extremely expensive.
The school that I've had my eye on for quite a while would cost just over $85,000 for all 4 years
:[

I scored a 26 on my ACT, and I just took it again last weekend
Apparently a 26 is pretty good, and I almost qualify for a presidential scholarship I guess.
The only problem is that my stinkin science score was 1 point off from where it needed to be!
I really hope it went up at least by that 1 point on this last ACT I took
I cant waaaaaiiiit to get my scores back!!

I really hate missing events!
Hopefully I wont need to worry about missing them any more
:]

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2009, 09:14 AM

I know of that worry, heh. I had changed my major twice before coming to Fine Arts, thereby extending the time I would have needed to spend at school.. *sigh* I suppose.. I don't regret it so much though, because if I didn't try out those things, and actually decided it wasn't what I wanted, I would have either suffered with something I couldn't stand, or never known what I never wanted or really wanted~
Aww, that sucks.. My university is really expensive too, so I'm forever appreciative of my dad, who agreed to pay for my tuition and rent.
>.<
Do you plan on getting your GEs over with at a JC or someplace and transfer? 8O

Hate when that happens!
>o<;
But I wish you much much luck on getting good scores for the one you took last weekend!

I'd be sad if I missed events, not so much for items and such, but just because I'd never really know what it was like to participate. You can't really relive an experience based on reading through past threads or hearing what others had to say about it, because maybe you'd have your own different opinion about it, and maybe not, but you'd never know.
@o@ [/ramble]
That would make one more person happy, haha. *points to self*
X'D

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-16-2009, 09:25 AM

Well, luckily, if I end up not liking Recording Engineering, the school offers web design also, which is probably my second choice :3

My tuition will be scholarships/student loans.
My family definitely cant afford college tuition.
I should look into more schools, but the program this particular school offers sounds like a realllly god program.
My senior year I'll get an internship, and after Im done with college they will help me find a job and everything.
I guess I've sorta looked into more schools, but they are really expensive, too.

Meh, I dunno.
I'll get it all figured out sometime
xD

I like listening to the ramblings/rantings of others :3
It'd make two happy people! ^^;
xD

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 AM

That's good~ I think I can say Fine Arts was one of my second choices, haha.
What school is it, if you don't mind me asking?
8O

Do you think you'll apply for a work study program, if that school offers it?
I know of a couple people who have done it, but I don't think the work hours with their schedule was too bad.
Though you do still have a lot of time to think about all this.
XD

That makes two of us, haha, though sometimes I feel myself carried away in my own rambling. XD
Hehe, yay~!

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-16-2009, 09:57 AM

The art institute or Kansas City, Cincinnati[i can never spell that just right xD] or of Atlanta.
I haven't decided which I wanna attend.
I live in Kansas, My aunt and favorite cousin live in GA, and my best friend will be moving to Ohio sometime this summer.
I haven't quite decided which path I wanna take yet

OH.
&&There's Full Sail, which is in Winter Lake, Florida I believe.
I dunno anyone Florida, though xD
The campus looks really nice, but just for the fact that I don't know anyone there, it just kinda puts me off, so I havent looked into the RA program yet.
Or the web design
xD

Im off to bed now, Night
<3~

Last edited by AvengedxxAngel; 02-16-2009 at 10:56 AM..

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 AM

Ahh, the art institutes, hehe~
Always wanted to try applying to one, but never did.
XD;
Haha, wow~ I decided to stay in my home state Cali, I felt like, going to college pretty much on my own outside of the state or country would be like a guaranteed nose-dive into depression because I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the stress I believed would come with it. @o@ But that's just how I am, I know there are lots of more independent people out there. 83

Ahaha~ XD
My campus has its pretty places and moments, but it's tiny compared to most universities, and I kinda miss the opportunity to be able to just walk around campus and feel surrounded by open air and have nice things to look at. Being in downtown LA doesn't offer much of those things though. XD;

Night night, Angel~
I should be heading to bed myself too.
XD;;

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 PM

The only reason I wanna stay here in Kansas is 'cause I have a job that pays realllllly well on our military base.
Other than that I don't really have a reason

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-17-2009, 01:28 AM

Aww, don't like Kansas too much otherwise? >.<

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 PM

Re-Opening! (:
(Also, re-vamping.)

` Music F i e n d
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2011, 06:19 AM

So dead here >.>