ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-02-2014, 07:49 PM

~~♥*{ CL's Organic Memory Preserves circa. 2014 }*♥~~

~*~
~*~

I, like many people, am guilty of focusing too much on the negative and not enough on the positive. There is so much to be grateful for in our lives but at times we are so scared of the darkness we fear will overtake us, we forget about the beacons of light that dot our paths. The most tragic thing I've ever seen is someone refusing to even consider that just one light shines for them.

No, nothing is perfect. But even when things seem their darkest, that's when you need to find that glimmer of hope the most. Even if it's just the fact that you are an intelligent being. Having to potential to grasp knowledge is huge for as the saying goes, 'knowledge is power'. Indeed it is. So being able to find and absorb it is definitely something to be grateful for.

All that being said, I'll be using this thread to document positive things that happen to me as often as I can. Even if it's just little things. Little things that are good add up just as much as the bad ones. So welcome along to my year-long journey. Feel free to watch and read along as I go through 2014 with my thoughts, encouragements for everyone, and positive things that make each day a bit brighter.

May Your 2014 Be Better Than You Imagined Possible!

~CL

P.S.: If you do want to comment or chat with me about what I post here, feel free to send me a PM or a Visitor's Message on my profile. :)
♥ ♥ ♥

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 01-04-2014 at 04:30 AM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-04-2014, 01:23 AM

1/3/14-
I woke up this morning and I'm alive. I have food to eat and a roof over my head. I have things I like and things I need. My fibromyaglia symptoms aren't bothering me as much tonight. My hair length goal is going well and my room is warm. I have clothes I like that fit me. I have a job and am making money. I can draw and bake. I can sing and write what's on my mind. These are all good things I'm keeping in mind tonight. I can't let my light go out.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-05-2014, 12:15 AM

1/4/14-
Today I did an amazing job at work serving my first big party at the restaurant. The people were great and so were the tips! I'm so happy to be in the culinary world and making my way bit by bit. What can I say? It's the love of my life.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-05-2014, 05:06 PM

1/5/14-
Today I made some major steps towards my spiritual health goals. I'm super happy because getting the inside right helps getting the outside right easier. This means a whole lot to me.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-07-2014, 01:10 AM

1/6/14-

Click on thumbnail for full view

Today I'm especially doing my best to exercise my patience and keeping calm in the midst of what is going on. I can't control anyone but myself and how I react. Losing my temper only makes me disappointed in myself and the situation worse. So being calm and patient is definitely worth the struggle. I'm also happy my paycheck came in and I'll be able to pay my bills on time. I usually do but I'm still happy about it since it takes a lot of pressure off my shoulders.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-09-2014, 05:20 AM

1/8/14-
Tonight I can relax a bit after a long day. Tomorrow I know will be even better. I found a really affordable gym membership and this week I start my fibro treatment via exercise. I've already started to modify my diet so things will be getting much better from now on.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-10-2014, 04:19 AM

1/9/14-
Even though I wasn't able to go to the gym today, I was able to get some cleaning done and spend some time with my little brothers. I have to keep doing my best.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-12-2014, 03:44 AM

1/10 & 1/11/14-
Yesterday I got to get out of the house and spend time with friends. We got to talk about life and what we're praying for God to do over the course of 2014. It was incredibly refreshing and enlightening.

Today after work, I got together with the family and a very good friend to make a major dent in helping my Mom get the house back in order. It felt nice to work together on something.

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 01-12-2014 at 04:10 AM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-18-2014, 06:21 AM

1/18/14-
It's been a full week but now I'm back as much as I can be. While mostly just appreciating the fact that I have a job, I realize some other things I need to work on this year. Self-awareness is always a good thing. Even if it hurts a little. Also, it's not always about being right. If the way you say it or do it or address it is hurtful then you're wrong no matter how you try to rationalize it. Certainly food for thought.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-19-2014, 08:00 AM

1/19/14-
I tried making custard cream for the first time today and it turned out beautifully! It's delicious and light and the perfect texture. I'm so proud of myself because if you're not incredibly careful, the mixture can turn into sweet scrambled eggs! Not the awesome kind I eat on sushi sometimes either (which is called tamago). Mmmm...sushi...Now I'm going to try and get some this week. XD Hopefully on Monday!

Another lovely thing that happened today was that I found a brand new song that I like a LOT. It's my new theme song for my major, Culinary Arts and Professional Baking! The name of it is "Something Special" by Colbie Caillat. I adore her music so when I heard this one I had to download it. Here's the video. Hopefully you enjoy as much as I do. :)

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 02-07-2014, 07:19 AM

2/07/14-
Hello friends! It's been awhile since I've felt well enough to be online like I normally can. Thankfully even in all of that I was grateful to have a job, a roof over my head, clothes to wear, and food to eat. Especially since the weather has gotten really cold here. Time for tea and hot chocolate! Today was a great day. I made myself a peaches, cream, oatmeal, and honey facial masque. It works so well! My skin feels amazing. Also I made a dent in getting my room back in order, yay! I also did something very brave today.
For almost ten years I've had a crush on someone at church but would deny it to the day if someone confronted me about it. So...instead of just admiring from afar, I wrote him a letter, extending the hand of friendship. Even if we only become and stay friends I'll be very happy because he's an amazing, funny, and totally sweet person. :)