Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-31-2017, 06:59 PM

Misty couldn't believe how the time ticked away to get her to this point. Could she even recognize the girl who once played in bars and clubs, so happy to have even that kind of fame, even when it brought her to the one woman she was meant to spend her life with? She sighed, downing another third of her water bottle. Not far in the distance, she could hear Raz talking to a staff member with a tone that seemed very similar to three years ago with the only difference being a slightly wider vocabulary choice. That guy still hadn't found his mate and neither had Jonah. She supposed they had it easy considering just how much her gut clenched every time she remembered how long she'd been away from Jae--which these days was every other thought of hers.

"At least Grey understands," she sighed out loud even though no one would hear her. It was after their latest show, just another stop somewhere with bright lights and too many fans. She didn't even care to recollect the details despite how much being on tour normally pumped her. After the concert, she could be like this, wallowing in the fact that the person she most wanted to see wouldn't come walking through the door because they understood each other's lives and respect that. It made the time they spent together so much more like fireworks.

"Misty!" The voice surprised her and she looked up, pushing back one of her slightly sweaty braids to see her manager approaching. While it was true that the backstage was now open to those with passes and no doubt some fans wanted to get her autograph, she felt it wasn't worth the older man coming to get her. She would go meet the fans when she was ready, and not in the direction that he just came from.

"What's up, pops?"

He smiled, like he knew a secret. "Look, some of us have gotten together and pulled some strings. This tour has been hard on you so we wanted to give you a surprise. It's waiting in your dressing room, so go on. I'll keep your fans occupied," he insisted, jerking one finger over his shoulder even though he cringed slightly at the nickname all the bands members started calling him by. The man wasn't old enough for it, but he felt a fondness for them like a father, so no one ever tried to stop it. Feeling highly confused, Misty followed the hall back to her dressing room. Finding the door shut, she knocked on it once, before pushing it open with caution considering how surprise gifts could go with her friends.

"Hello? I'm coming in..."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-12-2017, 11:00 PM

The wait for Misty to arrive in the room was almost more torturous than the months they'd spent apart. If only because, know her mate was literally minutes away from being in her arms again, and the knowledge that they were in the same building filled her with an ache that was physical more than emotional. She trembled as she waited for the door to open.

Finally, finally, the door slowly pushed open, when the door fully opened to reveal her mate. "Hi," she said, with a small wave, not really able to formulate anything beyond that after seeing her mate in front of her.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2017, 12:46 AM

Misty blinked, frozen in the doorway. The single word greeting echoed in her ears so solidly that she suppressed a shiver. It couldn't be. Her eyes answered the doubt surer than anything else though. There, sitting in her own chair, sat Jae, a quirky smile on her face. Misty stumbled into the room with a gasp, slamming the door shut behind and not caring about the noise. "Jae! How did you...this...I think I'm going insane!" she gasped before flinging herself into her mate's arms with enough force to shake the chair. She didn't care though. The hug proved real flesh sat before her. An absolute miracle--that was what sat before her. Vaguely, she thought some people needed major thanks for this. "Why are you here?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-15-2017, 09:27 PM

Jae hugged Misty back, crushing her mate to her, reveling in the feeling of her mate close to her again. "I couldn't stand the thought of going several more months without seeing you. And then you're manager reached out about surprising you. And well I kinda leapt at the suggestion cuz I was already trying to figure a way to come see you. And I had the vacation time. So here I am" she said all of those into Misty's neck, not willing to let the other girl move away from her. "It's not fair you are always so far away. Like. I'm so proud of you. And this is everything you've dreamed up. But I hate coming home to an empty apartment every night. I just want you with me."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-20-2017, 01:35 AM

Misty bit back a sniffle at her mate's words, both from happiness and hurt. "I know what you mean. Every time I find myself alone, I can feel the world crushing down and I hate it so much. That's why I'm always so busy because I can't stand it. I don't know how you can come home to our bed alone, but-!" She shook her head, realizing she'd rambled an entire speech into the burgundy strands of Jae's hair. Breathing them in and the faint scent of a day's sweat mixed in with the subtle smell of the girl's shampoo, she let herself relax. Turning slightly, she let her cheek rest on Jae's shoulder, tilted up so she could just see her face through the edges of her hair. Meeting her eye, Misty simply smiled. "This is my dream, but this is also the best surprise I've ever received in my life."

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-28-2017 at 01:28 AM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-28-2017, 12:58 AM

Jae turned in to kiss Misty, a long, slow drags of their lips to calm them both, remind them of what was home. When she pulled away, she smiled softly at Misty, "You know I keep myself busy. I hang out with the gang, I work, I make kid's happy when I can. It's not all bad, and I'm so very, very proud of you. My soulmate took her dream and made it a reality. That's amazing." She pecked Misty's lips again, "And we can always find time to be together. We can always keep surprising each other."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-28-2017, 01:34 AM

With her eyes closed, Misty savored the kiss, turning her head for better access and returning the same slow pressure of their lips against each others'. There was no need for more than this. A kiss so simple as this already made her heart squeeze right to the sky. After Jae pulled away, Misty blinked her eyes open to watch her, still with a dreamy expression. "I know. I'm so glad for that every day, even if we're apart." She dragged a hand through Jae's hair, savoring the soft feel of it. That bright pink color she used to wear seemed so exciting at the time, but years passed. Both of them mellowed a little, but grew more exciting at the same time as they chased their dream. Misty was a rock star now and Jae had this deep, gorgeous color to her hair that made Misty want to press her lips to it and smile. "Was this whole thing your idea?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-29-2017, 01:26 AM

"I wish. But no, I knew I wanted to come see you, but I knew that'd be hard. I was just gonna ask you about it and figure it out with you. But then Grey reached out to me about how you we're missing me and he and the guys, though really I think it was mostly him and your manager, wanted to get me out here. And well it all came together to be an awesome surprise!" She smiled at Misty, "I mean, Grey knows what you're going through more than anyone. We should probably repay the favor when we can."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-01-2017, 03:51 AM

Misty chuckled, a warm smile on her face at the mention of Grey's name. She should have known who to blame for this wonderful gift. Their manager was obviously in on it, but Grey would play the mastermind. "That kid's just too sweet sometimes, even if he doesn't want to admit it." She shook her head before reaching over to squeeze Jae's hand. She wanted the touch still, but felt comfortable enough to pull away from her mate a little. As much as she missed the girl, she could at least breathe without fearing the dream might break. "We should though because we both know those two love each other even if they're kind of a mess! A cute mess though."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-01-2017, 11:13 PM

"Ah but let them be a mess," Jae said, chuckling, "I mean we weren't exactly the picture perfect couple once upon a time ourselves. I distinctly remember all but running away from you. So I was maybe a little bit better than Grey, but not by much really." She grins as she says this, "We all get there in our own ways, we can't all be the trio and be strangers one day and lovers the next. But we got there in the end didn't we?" She asked tilting her head at Misty, "And all that struggle, it just makes it all the better when everything finally clicks."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-01-2017, 11:37 PM

Misty grinned, with a brief spurt of laughter. "I don't think we should want to be the trio!" She rolled her eyes, though she felt a hint of fondness despite herself. Half of their band's success came from Erik's help and it led them to hang out with the trio more over the years. The took absurd to new levels, but she found them solid friends. As she look back at Jae, her smile softened. "I think we did pretty good though. We didn't need to fake date each other for half a year or spend our entire lives being idiots. We didn't need a compass, or an intervention from our friends." She chuckled again. "But I'm so happy we got past that bump. I didn't think I could handle a mate yet, but I really had no idea..."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-02-2017, 12:12 AM

"Well, yes, all things considered, I'd really just rather be us," she grinned as she said this. The weight of them being apart fully melting away into the contentment of being with her mate, leaving her feeling giddy and just seconds away from bursting into uncontrollable giggles. "I mean, I love us, we're pretty dang awesome," she definitely couldn't fight a giggle as she said this, leaning up to peck Misty's lips again, "I love you, and I love that we can still have moments like this. The future always seems bright when I'm with you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-02-2017, 04:56 PM

Misty pulled Jae in for a hug, feeling herself flush and smile at the same time. "Yeah, I love us and I love you too." Pulling away, she let Jae see her grin as it turned rueful. "Even though it wasn't your idea, still, thanks for coming. I'll definitely return the favor one day. And bake Grey a cake or something!" Squeezing Jae in another hug, she felt the warmth of her mate wash over her. She slid her hand up the other girl's arm, wrist to forearm, along the veins, until her fingers came to rest against the peach shaped mark there. This was love. This was her mate. Even when apart or busy, if they sometimes got moments like this, she could smile without hesitation. Leaning her head against Jae's shoulder, she whispered 'I love you' one last time. Yes, this unavoidable bond was more than enough.