MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-10-2016, 10:00 PM

Not too long ago it was the end of days. The end of homestuck. We went through a huge journey, an epic. I was wondering what everyone thought about the ending, and if anyone had any theories or thoughts about what's happening on the new planet.

btw if you havent figured it out this will be a thread full of spoilers! You've been warned!!! Now chat with me my fellow homestuck trash!!!!

WindySummer

Old 06-11-2016, 09:45 PM

Okay I don't know what your opinion is on the way the ending was presented but I personally really hated it! Nothing was resolved, character arcs were completely abandoned, and it almost seemed irrelevant from the rest of the comic? Like the animation was gorgeous but it really did not answer any questions, especially related to how/if Lord English was defeated.

I got into Homestuck stupidly late (like last October) and I was really expecting something like [S] Cascade, visually striking and perhaps a little too much to process initially, but really tying up all the arcs. But instead it was total eye candy but not much as far as content goes. I'm especially sad about Karkat's character arc becasue the last we heard about it, he thought he was useless, weak and not a good leader. And that's it. There was no resolution for that line of thought. The lack of ship confirmation made me pretty upset too, like it was left ambigious enough that people are going to walk out of the comic thinking Dave and Karkat were just really good friends.

The problem is that Hussie had the ending in mind since 2012 and comissioned it to be done around then if I'm not mistaken?? Anyways it was completed way before the comic was, and it really shows. A lot changed in the last 4 years, and maybe the ending would have been satisifying then, but it certainly isn't now. At least in my opinion. It's similar to How I Met Your Mother's ending in that way.

sorry for the long post I tend to rant about this topic a lot.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 06-18-2016, 04:15 AM

I completely agree with you when it comes to the character arcs and whatnot. Sadly we will never get anything as epic as the animation that brook Newgrounds (don't know if you ever heard about that but [S] Cascade did break newgrounds hehe). I think we were all a little butt hurt after how epic Collide was that when all we got for an ending was a- I will say beautifully made- animation that was only 9 minutes long with no dialogue and a vague set of pictures that we were all craving more.

I'm perfectly fine with your ranting because i can rant about this topic for days tbh. I've been a member of the fandom for many years, maybe two years after he started the comic and I've been through a lot with these kids. It was an epic journey that shaped my life in many ways. I have a lit of friends because of homestuck, met onna my best friends because of it and I will be forever grateful to hussie for the world that he has created, but i do feel like he left us a little high and dry at the end.

One thing I can kind of clear up with you is that we sort of do see how lord english was defeated in the end though, I mean sure we don't see the epic final battle that the beta kids had with him, but we get the just of what happened in the beginning animations. (there are some great youtube videos that go into detail about this is you ever wanna watch them).

And another thing that I have to agree with your anger on is the davekat ship. Though Hussie actually did confirm that they were canon though. He made a vine where her write "Davekat is canon" on a piece of paper an signed it. Though sadly some of the fandom refuses to admit that they are truly a couple which really urks me. Like hey people our god says they are dating so get over your johndave or davejade feels like srsly!

And yess I do agree with you on the How I Met your Mother thing, it does feel a lot like that. (And I absolutely hated the ending of that show, the show was great but the ending was shit and needs to die.)

I'm so glad that someone else decided to comment on this because I was looking forward to a rant! I hope you stick with the fandom though because as you should know by now, We are never free. There is still an epilogue coming out for Homestuck, and there's still the hiveswap videogame coming out as well. And I'm sure that Hussie will find more things to make to suck us in even deeper. I swear he will still own us after he dies prolly.

Anyways, thanks for the comment!

WindySummer

Old 06-18-2016, 02:51 PM

Don't worry about me not a sticking around in the fandom; I'm in so deep at this point I couldn't leave if I wanted to!!

I watched Act 7 right as it came out with some friends, some who were into homestuck and some who weren't. The poor non homestucks in that group could barely get a word in edgewise because we were ranting so much about it omg

At the very least though, at least the SS Rosemary stayed on course. I'm sick to death of Canon lesbian relationships ending because one of them haso to die tragically. Theyou were super cute right up to the end where they were standing next to each other under trees. I also loved this moment here. I'm so happy for them!!

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 06-19-2016, 01:14 AM

Yeah like what is up with canon lesbian relationships ending with tragic death? I'm bi and very offended that it alwyas happens. And I'm glad to know that you're sticking around, we are truly never free of hussie and the world that he created.

I hope that in the epilogue we get some closure for all of the character development that we missed out on. I mean there wasn't even any dialogue at the end. But I do love the fact that the first question in homestuck was, "And what will this young man's name be?", and the last thing said was, "That's the best fucking question anyone has ever asked." It was poetic in a way I guess.

I just really mostly need that davekat confirmation in the comic so all the davejade and davejohn shippers will shut up. And I don't know if you've been on tumblr in the davekat tag, but sometimes I find these assholes there that post davejadekat stuff and say that the davevkat fandom is shit. (btw my tumblr is mercygrim96 if you ever wanna follow me, I post a lot of homestuck stuff, and I'd totes follow you back!).

And another thing I can't wait for is hiveswap, I have a lot of high expectations for it.

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-05-2016, 10:35 PM

Homestuck. Nha.
I tried to read the series, but I never got into it, mainly because you had to read like 50+ chapters or so before the story started to get interesting.
Every time I see a Homestuck-cosplayer, I want to shout: "Homestuck is dead!" and grin at them. :D