IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to IshokuOsero Send a message via MSN to IshokuOsero Send a message via Yahoo to IshokuOsero

Old 06-07-2007, 03:07 AM

Has anyone read this manga? I just finished the series about a month ago and I'm looking for other people who love it as much as I do. ^^ It has to be one of my favorite series out of all the ones I've read over the years, and that's pretty good if I do say so myself (it takes a lot for me to love a series, really).

For those that haven't read it, basically it's about a guy who's in high school, just about to start his Junior year (well, basically the 11th year for American schools), and he really loves acting. His father is strict, however, and decides that acting is nothing his son should be doing, and he wants him to take over the family martial arts dojo. So he gives his son a choice - if he really wants to be an actor, he has to prove he's a good one by going through his remaining high school years as a GIRL, undetected by anyone else around him besides of course, people who already know otherwise. So his son agrees to all the terms and is sent to a school quite a bit away from where he actually lives, where no-one knows him at all, and thus the story begins.

It's really interesting, I think. And I loved the series all the way to the end, which is nice. It's great how everything was drawn out perfectly and it was both serious and funny at the same time. xD

So~ anyone else here like it?~

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-07-2007, 04:09 AM

Oh goodness, i loved it!
when it first came out i bought it because honestly i just bought alot of books that day.

But when i actually read it that night i was in love. I have a thing for genderbending manga, but this is still one of my favorites. I love Mako and Ito so much. Ito is one of my favorite non-fiction characters ever- probably because i'm just like her. I act boyish but i'm a romantic and i can a vicious fighting temperment at times lol
I love the ending art how they changed more into their gender- Ito is just so pretty in the end :D

MiroshaxKerry
*^_^*

Old 06-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Nuu i havent but i am currently reading Tenshi Ja Nai X3
which reminds me *goes to post in the anime/manga you want to read thread*

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 AM

i'm re-reading it now
man i love it
i love how they show the bits and pieces of the plays they do
and even if Ito dresses as a princess several times each outfit is different and Mako is so cheeesy even if he is my dream guy lol

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to IshokuOsero Send a message via MSN to IshokuOsero Send a message via Yahoo to IshokuOsero

Old 06-12-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubasa Rose
i'm re-reading it now
man i love it
i love how they show the bits and pieces of the plays they do
and even if Ito dresses as a princess several times each outfit is different and Mako is so cheeesy even if he is my dream guy lol
Yeah, I love how the outfits are constantly changing. It makes for a lot of imagination, I believe, and a lot of skill to be able to work out so many outfits and be able to draw them from all the crazy angles that are drawn from all the random fight scenes. xD It definitely helps give the series a little more fluffiness, having all the extra detailing like that in the story. There are so many plain mangas out there these days that it's nice to see some detailed artwork. ^^

Haha, Mako is definitely a dream guy, he's absolutely amazing. xD My boyfriend keeps telling me that I'm like Ito, though, since I wasn't really girly at all back when he met him, so maybe we'll turn out like the W Juliet couple? :o That would be interesting to tell people. xD