jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-01-2007, 08:48 PM

Blah i just finished all the Elfen Lied i could get my hands on. Kind of got boring though even though i still have like 30 chapters left. >.< I was thinking of reading Tsubasa Resevoir Chonicle but it completely bored me since most of it was just like the anime. :? Which i've seen pretty much all that is currently translated. I don't think theres a new ep until like april.

So far i have read these so dont suggest them xP

Elfen Lied
Pokemon
Ah My goddess
Real Bout High
Chobits
Fruit Basket
Appleseed
Fushugi Yuggi
Ayashi No Ceres
Parts of Inuyasha (thought was boring)
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Mars
Cowboy Bebop
Get Backers
Clover
Rave Master

I prefer Animes with fighting or horrors. xD While romantic Mangas are nice once in a while Im not overly fond of them. Got any good suggestions? Its been a while since I've really kept up with anime and manga so im not so sure whats out there.

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-01-2007, 10:01 PM

if your into horror and weird stuff I would recomend either Tarot Cafe by Sang-Sun Park or Bizenghast by Alice LeGrow. Both are really good and have some beautiful artwork not normally seen in Manga.

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-02-2007, 01:30 AM

Tarot Cafe? that title sounds kinda familiar. o.O i'll have to see if i can find it. The artwork is always a big big plus.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 04-02-2007, 02:22 AM

if your looking for a really really good in depth story then i suggest "Basara" and for something more humorous "Girl Got Game" or "Negima!". and for girly I'd say "Hana Kimi" is a good one <3

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-02-2007, 03:48 AM

I dont care much for girly manga ;>.> And if Girl got Game has anything to do with sports I probably wont like it either.

Basara I am sure I saw scanalations of those somewhere ;>.> meaning no need to buy or borrow them.

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 AM

OMG wait I think I've read part of this. It looks and sounds very very familliar. Though i think the copys i had were later volumes. Lawl hooked me instantly now i gotta read it all. xD

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-02-2007, 04:19 AM

Ghost Hunt is a fun manga I recently picked up. It's horror, but it's also kinda cute and (slightly) girly. I'm not much for shojuo, but I'm rather enjoying this.

But if you want an all out badass fighting manga, go read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Now. Don't go for the Viz translation, though. They start in the third arc of the series. Dx Granted, each arc covers a different generation, but ssh. >.> It's still uncool how they started 12 volumes into the series.

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-02-2007, 04:29 AM

xD I'll have to bully someone for JoJo then. The title makes it sound kinda cheezy though lol.

I do remember Basara. I started reading it right before i moved from indiana so i never got to finish it. Must have forgotten about it with all the stress of moving.

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-02-2007, 04:34 AM

Yeah, it does sound kinda corny. But it's a series started back in the 70s, so that explains all. xD And it's still an ongoing series. EVEN NOW. I think it's at 90 or 91 volumes now.

Bad me. I'm only up to vol. 63. 8DDD

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-02-2007, 04:42 AM

:shock: Wow that would take me two weeks to read. :lol: And i doubt I know anyone who has them all D= Would be nice to read something so prolific.

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-02-2007, 04:48 AM

you can find them via scanslations. And like I said, don't trust Viz. They started the series at volume 12. So you migh SEE volumes 1-6 in stores, but in reality it's volumes 12-18. Stupid Viz. Hate them so much.

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-02-2007, 04:59 AM

I already knew Viz sucked xP No one needs to tell me that. Well at least if i get bored and have nothing to watch/read i'll have scanalations of that to search for. xD

MiroshaxKerry
*^_^*

Old 06-11-2007, 01:05 PM

Well about Tsubasa Chronicles dont stop reading it it still carrys on from the anime and it gets good later on, i dont give up reading a manga thats like the anime if its got something on the other end ^^; i got through Fruits Basket and now my pateincte(sp?) is paying off.

i got some recomendations though, Tenshi Ja Nai, Vampire Game, Loveless, Vampire Knight, DN Angel, Angel Sanctuary, Demon Diary.

i got some more to but i havent read them yet, which is Princess Princess and her majestys dog, Princess Princess i know what is like but i recommend the anime, but thats my opinion because i dont usually find manga funny whilst anime i do.

morph
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 PM

yes i have to agree with Miroshaxkerry. keep reading with tsubasa. ^.^
ok lets see
Death note
Ouran high school host club
Bleach
Chibi Vampire [ the anime is called Karin ]
Penguin Revolution
The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to IshokuOsero Send a message via MSN to IshokuOsero Send a message via Yahoo to IshokuOsero

Old 06-11-2007, 06:14 PM

Death Note, Kamui, and Category Freaks were the ones that came to my head the quickest when you said to respond with things like fighting and horror. Kamui has a lot of fighting in it, Death Note... well you've probably heard of it, and Category Freaks is more into the supernatural ghostly part of things. It's a very good series but only three volumes are out here, I believe. Kamui's up to 7 or 8 right now, and Death Note's been finished for quite some time. xP

Low Virtual Memory
*^_^*

Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 PM

Honey and Clover, Tenchi Muyo, Skip-Beat!

Skip Beat is amazing, if you're into that kind of manga.

Really, really amazing.

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 06-11-2007, 09:40 PM

Vampire Knight.

It's a shojo anime, but it's still really good. ^^