Aiyuuji
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-28-2007, 02:18 PM

I'm pretty much a final fantasy addict i have been playing it since i was atleast nine this is going way back to 1997 when final fantasy VII was released.
It wasnt a game i fell in love with at first but as i got more into the game of VII the more i grew to love it it had a in depth story line and brillent game play i loved the gold saucer becuase i could go snow boarding like all the time. My favorite characters from this game well i would have to say Aeris cloud and tifa. ill give my reasons for each.
Cloud: His attitude was badboy and he seemed alittle annoying but once you find out he is confused with himself you learn to love him for what he is.
Tifa: I liked her vibrance she was a chalenging woman to figure out.
Aeris/Aerith:Mysterious beauty her story is pretty sad and is cut short way to soon i could have played her right to the end its a pitty but knowing her guidence was there in the whole game.

Moving on to final fantasy X

I loved the temple's and this had a wicked story line not only did i love all of the characters i loved the game play theres nothing bad i can say about this except i think they made tidus a wee bit to orange.

Anyways thats my imput.

Zizia
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-30-2007, 06:30 PM

I have played FF 1-12 x3 And they all are great in my opinion~
My very first FF game was 7 and it's still my favorite <3 Cloud, Tifa, Reno, Seph,.... the characters were just awesome
But I'm taking a break with FF11 Online right now.... was no fun anymore... ^.^;

I can't wait for FFXIII~ I'm really excited about it xD

Shiba
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-31-2007, 09:04 PM

I have to admit, I prefer Final Fantasy VIII. I could never get hooked to Final Fantasy VII, as most people could. Leon was and is one of my favorite characters to this day from Final Fantasy and many other games. Final Fantasy IX was nothing special and somewhat boring, at least to me. Final Fantasy X was also fairly well-made, in my opinion. Final Fantasy X-2 had an amazing battle system, but the storyline was just awful. Once again, that's just my opinion. Final Fantasy XII is quite unique when you compare it to most of the other games in the Final Fantasy series. I like it because of that.

I own:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI (Although, I have yet to play it.)
Final Fantasy XII

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-03-2007, 08:58 PM

• I have a strong urge to go play FFX-2 or X later today XD but dunno if I can coz it's my mommy's birthday today and I should be going out and doing stuff for her :P

Had another FF craving last night...I believe it was for FF6...currently I'm on the part where they fall off the airship after beating up the purple octopus and the green squid (Ultros and his homie whose name I can't remember for crap!) but then I get killed by the robot that comes AFTER their battle. And my people are at higher than recommended levels. I just suck -_-

Dark Evangel
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Evangel

Old 11-05-2007, 08:10 AM

I am currently enjoying FF12, although at present I'm having some trouble with the 5 Mandragora bosses. I'll just keep on at them until I win, though :)

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 11-07-2007, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charis_mae
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuyumi_saito
Really? I thought in final fantasy X that they hinted at wakka and lulu the whole time. Or it seemed like that to me. It's like those love/hate relationships common in manga and anime.
That was my impression too, though I wouldn't call it love/hate. I think they cared for each other, they were just held back from expressing their feelings by the awkwardness of it all, her having been in love with Chappu and everything.

(Speaking of Chappu...I never got what it was about Tidus looking like him. I mean--bwuh?!)
It's very possible that they are distantly related. Like Tidus is the great great whatever grand son of wakka and lulu and takes after him XD

I think ffXII had the best battle system. Though it really annoyed me at times. It just had some good aspects to it. By far one of the best storylines, you get attached to the characters...But it's not quite as touching as most of the other games. FFVII people die. FF IX people leave. FFX People die. FFtactics... Well there is a lot of sad thing going on there XD

Eileanora
'heaven is the feeling i get in ...
Send a message via AIM to Eileanora

Old 11-08-2007, 01:29 AM

i'd have to say that VII,VIII, and XI are hands down my
favorite ff games. VII because, it was THE turning point for square graphics wise, and i loved the storyling, same with VIII. XI, what can i say, one the
greatest MMOs in my opinion, sadly i had stop playing,
[but you'll always be in muh heart XI! xD]

but seriously, i would love the chance to play XIII, it looks great, but do i really want to shell out the money
for a PS3? xD

Eddafred
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2007, 01:21 AM

I've played them all.

I'd have to say VI and XII are my favorites, with VII in second place.

Pink Panther
*^_^*
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Pink Panther

Old 11-13-2007, 10:34 AM

Everybody Oh I love final fantasy 12! I love ash and penelo!
I love love love them! Why you ask? cause they're cute.

i think Yuna and rikku is my 2nd best!

so bye guys!

dtm420
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-14-2007, 06:06 AM

WOOT FVII!! I still remember owning ruby weapon with mastered kotr and mime :D. Does anyone remember the item dup glitch? 99 max elixirs :D. Made it really easy to earn sp :D.

My favorite combo was the final attack-pheonix combo :D. Made you immortal.

I love FFX too. Put like 100+ into it XD. Like maxing out the phere grid on all characters XD.

I want another FFX like FF game (if that makes since).

KiLaKiLa
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-21-2007, 08:21 AM

I have only played one FF game, and yes, I loved it. It was FF Tactic Advance...I love that there are so many jobs to change~<3

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 11-24-2007, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite Blakeney
  • Oh wow, I thought we did have a thread for Final Fantasy...and I do recall typing in it.

Anyway, I'm a huge FF Fan

Own:
    FFV - Anthology collection
    FFVI - Anthology collection
    FFTactics - First game owned
    FFTactics Advanced - ROM. Was gonna buy it but never did.
    FFVII - Third game
    FFVIII - Second game
    FFX
    FFX-2

I also have Advent Children, with the weird bonus disc it came with, the three Kingdom Hearts games that are out (if you count them) and Last Order. There's a shelf in my closet totally dedicated to Final Fantasy...mostly Sephiroth and Advent Children things. Probably will eventually take a picture and show you guys.

I want to eventually own 1, 2, and 3 but I won't buy anything that's beyond X-2.

I'm a Sephiroth fangirl...don't ask. I cosplay Aeris...and...a heck of a lot more from Final Fantasy. Y'all don't need to know.
  • Imma add to this list now, hahaha.

I ALMOST bought FF12 for the DS this morning but then I was like NAH my policy is "nothing beyond X-2." Instead I bought Final Fantasy 3. I was gonna return it tomorrow since I didn't really wanna keep it but the @$$ at the store forgot to give me my receipt >< Well it's Black Friday...so yeah. I'm just glad I didn't buy XII. Just 1, 2, and 4 to go now (which I can still easily get at Fry's Electronics).

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by charis_mae
Speaking of Chappu...I never got what it was about Tidus looking like him. I mean--bwuh?!)
It's very possible that they are distantly related. Like Tidus is the great great whatever grand son of wakka and lulu and takes after him XD
... did you even finish the game?

Dark Evangel
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Evangel

Old 12-01-2007, 03:38 PM

I have all Final Fantasy games except for 3, and I have enjoyed just about all of them, although 1 and 2 were at tad boring. My favourites would have to be 7-9, X-2 and XII, in that order. I do have XI, but I gave up trying to join that online community after waiting 2 weeks for the thousands of updates to be downloaded to my computer only to find it didn't like the card I was using. So now I stick to Ragnarok Online, instead - at least I was able to start quickly there. But otherwise, I'm into just about every other FF game :)

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-01-2007, 06:26 PM

Edit.

Last edited by Smellerbee; 10-30-2010 at 06:07 AM..

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 12-02-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLaKiLa
I have only played one FF game, and yes, I loved it. It was FF Tactic Advance...I love that there are so many jobs to change~<3
I seriously can't play Tactics or Tactics Advanced ^^;;

Azelf_Rampardos
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-02-2007, 08:12 PM

I love Final Fantasy Tactics, I am finally going to play it over and pass it so I can buy the psp one which is the continuation! XD

Azizi
*^_^*
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Azizi Send a message via MSN to Azizi

Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 AM

I much prefer the Playstation Final Fantasy games to the Gameboy/DS games. I don't know why.. well actually, I do. You have alot more freedom in the Playstation versions whereas in the Gameboy/DS versions you have a more limited access to magic and the graphics are alot worse (though I do adore the chibi's in Final Fantasy III)

Berginyon
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Berginyon Send a message via MSN to Berginyon

Old 12-12-2007, 06:42 PM

I've been growing up with Final Fantasy games. Although I think I have something of a nostalgic preference for the ones on SNES. I used to download ROMs for SNES to play on my computer, just to bask in their gaming glory once again. I have an odd urge to play Final Fantasy IV again, that's the one that initially got me hooked. Granted the graphics are dated, to say the least, but it's still t3h aw3som3.

@Margueritte - that'd be Chupon, I believe. The sneezy guy, right?

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-13-2007, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Final fantasy X-2 is disgusting. The only reason they made it was to make more money. The endin sucked. It was also very sexist. All of a sudden Yuna was this huge ditz. When I first saw the end of the first opening I was like "...WTF Happened to Yuna?! She doesn't act like that!" They changed her personality, which made me mad. The story had no real depth to it, and most of the costumes made the girls look like wh*res. I liked Rikku and all, but it was like having three of her. I just found the game so pointless. It made me so mad. Who wears a costume like that in the MOUNTAINS?! or any of the other cold places they went to. I didn't mind the bathing scene though...

So it was obviously aimed towards perverts and regular fans of the series. Not only that, but it was soooooooo easy to beat. Why they even let that thing be produced, I don't know. Maybe they liked it...Then again in japan, the people there are said to be sexually frustrated... I didn't like it. The girls, while they wielded a sword...They just seemed so weak to me. Mainly due to their personalities. It is not one of the best games ever. The story line was horrible. The character design, the personalities.... Ugh... I did like the part about Wakka becoming a father. That brought a smile to my face.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
I am glad that there is one who shares the same hatred I have towards FFx-2, it was one of the worst pieces of sh*t I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Sorry if anyone disagrees with me, I'm just very adamant in my hatred towards X-2.
The dressphere was a crap battle system in that it was a complete waste of time with all the cutscences and multiple "path" switching. -.- I finished the whole game without touching different dresspheres, all I needed was the default jobs and a sphere grid that gave my characters the ability to use cure.
Just a horrible game that failed to please me. The only good thing was Gippal, who looked awesome, but was given a God-awful name. :C

Buy ANYWAYS, I'm a pretty big FF fan, though I've only played 1,2,6,7,8,9,10,10-2,7:DoC, and 12.
XII would have to be my favorite. The ADB battle system is flawless imo, there's great character design (exception of Vaan's clothes) and it has a crazy plot.

Berginyon
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Berginyon Send a message via MSN to Berginyon

Old 12-13-2007, 03:03 AM

At least Paine was somewhat manly. lol

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 12-13-2007, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berginyon

@Margueritte - that'd be Chupon, I believe. The sneezy guy, right?
  • Yeah, Chupon or Chupo...harharhar...I dunno, something like that.

Anyway I just started playing FF3 on Monday...and it's pretty fun. Very very similar to FF6 in its own ways. I just renamed my entire party though :P

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-13-2007, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berginyon
At least Paine was somewhat manly. lol
Yeah, she was the game's Kimarhi.
Paine didn't do anything but add a more badass touch, which crashed and burned.

Zaoki
*^_^*

Old 12-17-2007, 01:09 AM

I love Final Fantasy, but unlike probably majority of Final Fantasy fans I believe the best Final Fantasy Ever has got to be Final Fantasy 6 (formerly Final Fantasy 3). I love how many different characters there are and all the stories that go on in that game. My favorite characters are probably Setzer, Sabin, and Mog. Setzer because he's a gambler, Sabin because he's kinda stupid and funny, and Mog because he's soooooo adorable X3

Herkamyrh
*^_^*

Old 12-21-2007, 09:57 PM

Well, I've played many ff's in my day, but in he end, I'd have to say that 11 is my favorite. I know i know, it hardly registers as a ff since its an mmo, but what can I say, I'm hooked. I've always liked mmorpg's but for me, many of them get too boring too quickly. I also know that people say the same thing about ffxi. I guess its all a matter of prefernce.

Naturally playing ffxi, my favorite character is myself. But if you want a real answer, I liked vivi, dagger, and zidane from ffix a lot. That was probably my favorite of the final fantasy series.