Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-06-2018, 10:05 PM

What's Aggretsuko about? I've never heard of it!

It's always tough when one person wants to watch something but the other person isn't as interested :(
Have you taken a look at the new releases to see if there's anything you can agree on?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-07-2018, 01:59 PM

It's a sanrio cartoon like hello kitty but the character is a red panda who works an office job and vents with death metal karaoke off work.

Well, we've been watching marvel movies because she's not in the mood for anime at all.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-07-2018, 02:20 PM

Bwahaha omg that sounds like a hoot!

Aww - I'm not a huge marvel fan so that makes me even sadder :(
My Mom is like that though in a way - sometimes she'll be super into one thing, then she'll avoid it for like 3 months and watch something else, then she'll go back to it lol Usually it'll be reality TV for awhile (like Spring Baking Championship, Survivor, etc.), then it'll be dramas like When Calls the Heart, Code Black, Madam Secretary, etc., then she'll want to watch "cartoons" randomly like Disney or Studio Ghibli.
Does your roommate get into modes like that?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-07-2018, 07:20 PM

Right? I'm glad my coworker told me about it.

I enjoy marvel, but I'm super behind. We're trying to rewatch/watch all the relevant movies for infinity wars.
Kinda yeah. XD and we're both super busy so our momentum inevitably gets broken. We can go an entire week without a proper interaction. Very hard to find time for a series. A movie is easier.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 05-10-2018, 02:23 AM

Let's see... This season I'm continuing with Black Clover and Yowamushi Pedal. And then I'm also watching Golden Kamuy, Megalobox, My Hero Academia season 3, Tokyo Ghoul Re, and Wotakoi~ Hoping to start watching Comic Girls too. It looks way too cute. I just finished watching the first season of Steins;Gate so hopefully I'll be able to watch it's sequel soon as well.
o wo

I've watched half of Aggretsuko. O: That poor red panda. XD I would call it an anime. o 3o Anything animated is an anime.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 05-12-2018, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Let's see... This season I'm continuing with Black Clover and Yowamushi Pedal. And then I'm also watching Golden Kamuy, Megalobox, My Hero Academia season 3, Tokyo Ghoul Re, and Wotakoi~ Hoping to start watching Comic Girls too. It looks way too cute. I just finished watching the first season of Steins;Gate so hopefully I'll be able to watch it's sequel soon as well.
o wo

I've watched half of Aggretsuko. O: That poor red panda. XD I would call it an anime. o 3o Anything animated is an anime.
Comic Girls is cute and amazing, and I honestly love the characters for it so far. Also Wotakoi is what Gamers! from a season or two ago should have been like.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-14-2018, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
Right? I'm glad my coworker told me about it.

I enjoy marvel, but I'm super behind. We're trying to rewatch/watch all the relevant movies for infinity wars.
Kinda yeah. XD and we're both super busy so our momentum inevitably gets broken. We can go an entire week without a proper interaction. Very hard to find time for a series. A movie is easier.
Ahhh! That makes things even harder for a series for sure - the never knowing how long a break could be would be very frustrating, especially if it's a longer one because you could end up losing track of what you're watching and not enjoy it as much! Movies are definitely a little easier in that case, though it's still super sad that you can't watch it properly :(

Ooo that sounds like a task! I heard mixed reviews on Infinity Wars - some rave about it, some are like what the heck did I just watch, and some are just angry LOL I totally don't get any of it since I've never really seen the newer movies, but it's all over Facebook!!

I think the last Marvel I watched was the Spider-Man series with Tobey Maguire, other than X-Men of course. Although, I also get confused as to who belongs to who, so I may have and just haven't realized it I watch/like both DC and Marvel, and I'm absolutely terrible at keeping them straight. I basically recognize Disney and Studio Ghibli and that's literally it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
o wo

Ooo you're watching so many!! Black Clover, Comic Girls, Tokyo Ghoul, and My Hero Academia are on my list though! Wotakoi I feel like I've heard of, but not 100% sure :3

I'm barely hanging on with Magi: Kingdom of Magic lol!
Although, it is technically summer for me now so I may have more time
I'm taking summer classes and they don't start until the 30th, and although I'm filling in for a co-worker until they can find a replacement, it's really not that intense. Normally I'm off until the middle of July, so this will be interesting, but I'm certainly not complaining.
I just hope I can actually get a vacation in there somewhere! aka, binging anime

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 05-14-2018 at 01:46 AM..

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 05-14-2018, 02:38 AM

I am currently watching little witch academia.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 05-14-2018, 04:18 AM

I'm in the middle of The Disastrous Life of Saiki K on Netflix.

I want to watch it now that I have some down time, but it's one I started watching with the bf so I have to wait for him. Dang it. XD I love the way it deals with common anime tropes. It's my kind of humor.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-14-2018, 03:02 PM

Oooo! I have that one on my list Nephila! I've been debating if I'd like it or not. The preview looked good though! There's a lot of interesting ones on Netflix - I like that they're starting to grow their anime selection :3

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 05-14-2018, 10:02 PM

I haven't seen that one, but two good animes that come from netflix are Violet Evergarden from last season and this season is Lost Song, which is also pretty good in my opinion.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-15-2018, 03:42 PM

Violet Evergarden is on my list too! The preview looked amazing for it, and someone recommended it to me as well.

I feel like my list is so big right now though - I don't know how I'm going to have time for it all

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 05-15-2018, 10:52 PM

That ones on my list to. I few a few more but I can't remember the names of right now.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 05-15-2018, 11:59 PM

This season I would also recommend Golden Kamuy. But that's just me.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-19-2018, 08:13 PM

I'm about half way through Magi: The Kingdom of Magic right now - I'm not sure how they're going to finish the story, but I hope it's not too much of a cliffhanger if it doesn't finish. Very good development this season as well. :)

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-23-2018, 09:10 PM

Finished Magi! Had anyone else watched the Kingdom of Magic season? I'm curious your thoughts. I'm left feeling disappointed and wanting more, and obviously it left out a ton it teased in the beginning. Very chopped :(

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-28-2018, 11:11 PM

Nobody's watching anime right now? :( #HasBeenOnABinge

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 06-30-2018, 11:35 PM

Been binge watching Darling in the FranXX lately

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-08-2018, 05:21 PM

Just finished Darling in the FranXX and I thought it was a pretty good anime. Very well done sci-fi / Mecha anime that I would recommend to just about anyone.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 07-12-2018, 05:49 PM

Just finished...
Anohana, omg talk about sad.
Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul √A, not too bad. Started Re and I'm not sure I like it as much as the first two.
The Future Diary, omg so good. I want to cosplay Yuno now xD

Almost done with...
Darling in the Franxx. Just two episodes left. I AM NOT READY FOR THIS TO END.

Just started...
My Hero Academia, no idea why I didn't start this sooner. I didn't know how much I needed this anime in my life!

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 07-14-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
Just finished...
Anohana, omg talk about sad.
Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul √A, not too bad. Started Re and I'm not sure I like it as much as the first two.
The Future Diary, omg so good. I want to cosplay Yuno now xD

Almost done with...
Darling in the Franxx. Just two episodes left. I AM NOT READY FOR THIS TO END.

Just started...
My Hero Academia, no idea why I didn't start this sooner. I didn't know how much I needed this anime in my life!
If you've seen Anohana, I recommend Violet Evergarden.

Darling in the FranXX deserves a second season, a season that we probably won't get sadly. It's definitely a good anime though

MHA...enjoy!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-06-2018, 04:18 AM

Grrrr…. My session timed out on my phone browser and it ate my entire message. I'm not having luck with my phone tonight... here's attempt number two!!!

-

@Xavi - Anohana is so sad but sooo good! The story was extremely well done, and it totally made me cry like a baby. It was absolutely amazing! They made a live-action movie of it (maybe series.. but I think movie) that's on Crunchyroll that I haven't been able to bring myself to watch yet.

Tokyo Ghoul, Future Diary, and Violet Evergarden are all on my list to watch! I think they made a live-action of Future Diary as well - I can't remember if it came out around the time Erased did or if I just found it at the same time Erased came out lol I went through Netflix and Crunchyroll a few months ago and added a ton of stuff to my watchlists <3

-

Soooo in the last few months since finishing Magi, I've watched the following:
Miss Monochrome: The Animation Seasons 2 & 3
Ikemen Sengoku
Micchiri Neko
Hataraku Onii-san!
Ame-iro Cocoa Ame-Con & Hawaii Seasons
Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara
Bananya
Koutora-san
Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko
Nekogami Yaoyorozu
B: The Beginning
Sakamoto desu ga? Season & Special
Kono Suba OVA, Season 2, & Season 2 OVA
Is the Order a Rabbit? Season 2
Galilei Donna
Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou Season & Special
Fantasista Doll
Hitsugi no Chaika Season 1 & 2
Hanayamata
Wakako-zake
JK Meshi!
Military!
Zettai Bouei Leviathan
Sirius no Densetsu
Huyao Xiao Hongniang Seasons 1-4 (The only ones aired so far in Japan, though I want to watch the originals eventually)
Kiss him, not me!
Cute High Earth Defense Club Love! Love!
How to Keep a Mummy

And I'm currently re-watching Fushigi Yugi right now :3

I also finished watching Itazura na Kiss Season 2 and Good Morning Call Season 2 Japanese Live-action Dramas as well. I've really been on a binge lately LOL! I still haven't gone back to Izetta: The Last Witch, though. I still plan to finish it, but I just haven't been in the mood for it. Very slow paced, I feel, so it's taking me a bit to stay with it. I like the overall concept of it, though, so I hope to eventually work my way through it!

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-06-2018, 05:26 AM

@Emma Corrin: The only thing I recognize in that list is Izetta: The Last Witch and I have to admit I adored that anime. It is definitely well done, as well as all the characters and the relationship between Izetta and the princess, as well as Izetta with everyone else. It's a nice little romancization of events that happened during World War 2 to be honest.

Still like this more so than Yuri on Ice though...

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-06-2018, 06:34 PM

I think out of my list I'd recommend you check out Galilei Donna and B: The Beginning! Galilei Donna I believe was on Crunchyroll, and then B: The Beginning was aired through Netflix (they also for a 2nd season!).

Hanayamata and Hitsugi no Chaika were also very good and very underrated. MAL sometimes has a very unfair scoring system with users. :(

I think that's why I'm struggling a bit with it - it took a few episodes to really set it up and when I started it I was suffering from gallbladder attacks, so it was hard to keep focused. Now it's just a matter of getting into the mindset to pick it back up again! I think I only got 2 or 3 episodes in :3

Bwahaha Yuri on Ice I've heard is.... interesting

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-06-2018, 09:32 PM

Galilei Donna...I think I watched that one. It's where three girls are on the run from the government in a goldfish looking airship, right? The three are descendants of Galileo and are looking for documents/manuscripts.