Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-06-2011, 03:32 AM

after netsuai left,gemini stood for a few moments where she was,fighting back tears she knew were irrational.everything she had said was true,and she knew he wouldn't have gone for it anyway.she had done some research before applying for the job,and knew that some tragedy had occurred in the past that made it difficult for him to trush or really like anyone.she knew all this logically,but for some reason the tears still came.she wiped them away and sniffled,making herself look presentable,as if she had never shed a tear.
"ok,gemini,get ahold of yourself.your aunt would be ashamed of you,tearing up over some guy...then again,your aunt has never dated and is drunk 99 percent of the time...dammit,why does nothing ever go right?" she lectured herself,then shook her head.
"it doesn't matter.i can't just give up.even if i only manage to be friends with him,i will keep trying!" she resolved,nodding to herself.she would keep trying to make netsuai like her,no matter what.with that resolution,she walked back into the main area.
"is there anything else anyone needs me to do?" she asked.

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 03:49 AM

Living close to the bar was good for Alexx, really. She wasn't an alcoholic so it didn't pose any threat and it wasn't a temptation. It was in fact good because the few times Alexx did go there, it was easy and quick to get back to her place. No hitchhiking, drunk driving, or getting lost necessary. She was just glad that she was able to get home safely. She heard about a lot of bad things that happen to people while drunk. They usually ended up on the news as missing or something along those lines. She did not want to be one of those people.

Alexx rolled her eyes in a joking matter at Riley's comment. She smiled at Akiye's. "I guess you will. Ready for '70s punk rock style?" Alexx joked and laughed with Akiye. "And thanks. I'll need the Advil later." She liked experimenting with makeup. She never knew what someone was going to want. It really depended on the occasion. For a wedding, you wouldn't want to look like a flapper straight out of the '20s -unless of course, that was the theme of the wedding. Other clients and orders have been for parties. Alexx liked doing the makeup for themed parties. It gave her the chance to try new techniques and styles of makeup application.

((Last post for the next two-ish days :( Bye for now thennn!))

Last edited by Mandy-Lexi; 07-06-2011 at 03:52 AM..

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 07-09-2011, 01:51 AM

At Akiye's words, Netsuai could feel one of his hands curl into a fist and the nails digging into his skin. He gave it no thought as he recalled the last time Riley had been Alexx's make-up test subject. That had been funny. He'd volunteered to be the test subject once, to his brother's surprise. Even more surprising was how well he had pulled off the look. Having a pretty face was good for something he supposed.

"Oh I'm sure Riley wouldn't mind being your test subject either..." Netsuai found himself saying in a teasing tone, surprising himself. It had been a while since he'd even tried joking with his friends. Wasn't today just full of surprises? Sarcasm intended, if you didn't realize.

When Gemini appeared Netsuai realized that Alexx probably didn't know who she was. Normally he would have just left the introductions to the others to do, but he felt talkative today.

"Before I forget again...Alexx, this is our part-timer, Gemini. Gemini, this is our make-up artist, Alexx."

((I think my brain died. Sorry, this is the best I could come up with >.> ...I swear this is the shortest post I've typed in...a really long time.))

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2011, 05:02 AM

Alexx smiled at Netsuai's comment. Perhaps she would enjoy having Riley as a test subject. It would be entertaining. She decided that she might try to convince him to do that if she had time. She made it a goal to do ever worker's makeup at least once -even the guys. It didn't have to be anything girly. It just had to be makeup. Alexx wasn't that girly herself either. "I'm sure Riley wouldn't mind either." Alexx replied.

Alexx nodded at the part-timers' arrival. She didn't think it was like Netsuai to hire a part-timer, but apparently, she thought wrong. Hopefully, Gemini would be one of those people to accept her sarcastic personality. She was going to work there with Alexx, Alexx figured she might as well try to get used to it. Then when she thought it, she instantly wanted to take it back. Gemini didn't have to like her. Alexx just hoped that they would get along.

Alexx smiled at Gemini, wanting to make a nice first impression. She thought that sarcasm wasn't a good way to start. She would get into that later. She just said, "Hey, Gemini, nice to meet you."

Hresvelgr
It's 11PM, do you know where you...

Old 07-09-2011, 05:06 PM

Akiye let out a good laugh as Netsuai joined in the banter between friends. Something he had not done in quite some time. Riley simply held his hand up in a talk to the hand sort of motion. He even went so far as to turn his head away as he pretended to feel insulted by Netsuai. All in all, Riley ended up laughing also. "At least I know I make a much prettier woman then Netsuai. I think I know my Halloween costume. I see it now. Blue hair, big boob-" He then noticed Gem standing in the room, and therefore changed the word, "heels, glitter. Yes perfect!" Riley went on saying. He was kidding of coarse, but some part of his mind told him someone would remember and make him do it. Probably make him pass out candy too.

Akiye was slightly worried about Gemini and Alexx. After all, Gemini had gotten angry when Riley forgot her name earlier in the day. So Alexx's sarcastic nature could have easily been taken the wrong way. Should have proved interesting non the less. She went about moving things around on her desk. Just to be sure the client's papers were front and center. So no one would miss them. That was if the woman even showed up.

"I smell food!" Riley declared, moving towards the kitchen where Ouka and Kouken were. "Wha cha makin! Wha cha makin!" Riley chanted a couple of times before laughing at himself. He knew he was in an annoying mood, but truth be told.. he was bored. Even half expecting something to be thrown at him.

At the mention of food, Akiye had a decision.. food or sleep. Food.. or sleep. So hard to choose! Suddenly her phone started to ring. Which with her eyes closed Akiye answered. It may have been rude to answer her personal phone in the same room as others, but it was not like she was being loud.

"Hello?.. Ah Mushi mushi Akane." Akiye said to her sister in Japanese. She was silent as she listened to her sister on the other line. Leaning on the hand with her phone with her eyes closed. "No sister, watashi wa kyō wa dekimasen. Watashi wa, osoraku nete, hataraite imasu.(In case anyone else in the room can speak Japanese- no sister, I can't today. I am working, then probably sleeping. )" Akiye seemed to jump slightly. Probably because he sister was yelling on the other side. Angry for whatever reason. Akiye sighed standing up to move out of the room. "Excuse me everyone." She was very calm as she spoke. Mainly because Akiye was not one to get angry easily. Akiye stepped out into the hallway and moved upstairs into one of the guest rooms the brothers had upstairs.

"Akane, I am not supporting you. I have nothing I can give to you this month."
Akiye reminded her sister. "I know you had a fight with mom and dad, but call them. We are very busy today." Akiye said. Yes, it was a lie, but she was still working. She took a seat on the bed behind her while he sister proceeded to insult her. Something that honestly did not bother Akiye. "Yes, yes I know. I'm a horrible person. I'll talk to you later. Bye bye." Akiye said, hanging up the phone. She adjusted herself on the bed so she could lay down properly. Bringing her legs up. Or at least trying to get comfortable. The joints in her legs were sore, which only proved to make Akiye feel old. Within a couple of minutes, she fell asleep.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 PM

When Riley entered the kitchen unexpectedly Ouka had been moving some melted chocolate away from the stove where he had been melting it and at Riley's rather noisy entrance his hand slipped and he bit back a hiss of pain as he dropped the bowl onto the counter. He immediatley placed his burned fingers into his mouth, turning his pink gaze to Riley and staring at the older male.

"What's with all the noise...?" Kouken asked as he reentered the kitchen from the store room. He looked from Ouka who still had his fingers in his mouth to Riley. His brow furrowed as he glanced between the two.

"Riley...why does Ouka look like he's in pain?" Kouken questioned as he settled the itmes in his arm next to the bowl of chocolate and grabbed a paper towel to wet with water. He then went over to Ouka's side and tugged on the hotographer's arm until Ouka finally relented and took his fingers out of his mouth, letting Kouken wipe them clean with the wet paper towel. He winced when the paper went over the sensitive skin.

Hresvelgr

Old 07-10-2011, 09:26 PM

Riley was startled himself when Ouka burned his finger. He was not expecting the smaller male to be working at the stove as he was. Although his guilty state of mind kicked in as the smaller male stuck his finger into his mouth. Riley automatically moved towards the younger male, stopping obviously knowing Ouka's comfort zone.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't realize.." He stopped as Kouken entered the room... Yep he was in trouble.

"Because I'm a real idiot sometimes." Riley said serious tone. He knew when to joke, and he knew when he hurt others. His guilt only rose slightly higher knowing he had harmed a friend. Riley took a couple of steps back as Kouken drew near with a towel for his boyfriend.

"Ouka , I'm so sorry.. I didn't realize you were lifting a pot off the stove." Riley said again. Also knowing he probably should not have entered the room as he did... But that was how he normally entered the room any how. This just happened to be one of the bad times.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-10-2011, 10:14 PM

Kouken frowned at Riley's explanation, a good idea of what had happened already forming in his mind. As he opened his mouth to tell Riley off Ouka raised his unhurt hand to cover Kouken's mouth. Ouka shook his head when Kouken raised an eyebrow at him.

"It's fine Riley...it was an accident." Ouka mumbled, examining his red fingers. "I should have realized something would happen...you are around after all." he added with a straight face before releasing Kouken and wandering over to a side drawer to dig for band-aids.

Kouken frowned at Riley again but couldn't say anything if his boyfriend had already forgiven the guy. "Well, you might as well make yourself useful and help me with these s'mores since Ouka's fingers are hurt." he said, finally turning back to the things he had brought with him. He took out a bowl and dumped a bag of marshmallows into it before holding the bowl out to Riley. "Put these in the microwave for a few seconds only. We don't want them to explode."

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-11-2011, 02:10 AM

gemini bowed to the person who had introduced herself.
"konnichiwa-hello.i'm gemini.nice to meet you,too." she said,smiling.then a thought occurred to her.
"was riley-san about to say boobs? i hope he didn't stop because of me.i'm used to much worse than that." she said,concerned.she didn't want anyone to feel like they couldn't talk around her.she wondered briefly what her aunt would have said-probably 'tits' or something like that.she sighed inwardly.sometimes she wished she didn't have to go home to that drunk.

Hresvelgr

Old 07-11-2011, 02:49 AM

"I don't know. A marshmallow explosion would not be so bad." Riley said to Kouken. Knowing his friend was completely ticked off at him. Not that Riley blamed him. But he was practically known for doing stupid little things like that. He honestly did feel bad for what he did, but all was forgiven. He stepped over to the microwave, placing the bowl inside and turning it on for ten seconds to start.

"I think there are usually some.."
Riley said to himself, reaching into the drawer Oaku was standing next to. Low and behold, there was a box of hello kitty band aids inside. Something he bought as a gag gift for Netsuai for Christmas. He got something serious for him too. Just somehow the box ended up in the kitchen. Where it stayed. "Here we go." Riley said, placing the box on the counter and moving towards the microwave as the beeping went off

He pulled the bowl out, setting it on the counter. "More or less Kou?" Riley asked. Figuring he would get his opinion.

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2011, 02:53 AM

Alexx found it somewhat strange that Gemini had bowed to her. She knew that it some places it was a custom or something, but Alexx thought that she was the last person anyone should be bowing to. "I'm Alexx -with two x's cuz I'm just cool like that." She laughed. "Uh...but it's just really Alex." She explained. Alexx was just joking about being cool, but she didn't know if Gemini would pick that up or not. She did say it in a joking manner, but she felt that she couldn't be sure.

She didn't make any comments about the bow, not wanting to be rude or anything. She thought that maybe it would be disrespectful to comment on it. She pushed the thought aside and listened to what she had to say next. "Yeah..." She nodded. "He was... I think he might've stopped because of you." Alexx answered honestly. "He probably did. Knowing him, I would say so. But don't trust me with that too much. I could be wrong. And I'm sure you're used to much worse than that. I guess...it takes time to get used to new people?" It made sense that Riley would do that.

Alexx herself wouldn't use any profanities or anything around new people. But then again, the word "boob" wasn't a profanity. Even though Gemini was younger than the rest of them didn't mean she should be treated differently -at least Alexx didn't think so. But maybe Riley wasn't treating her differently. Maybe he was just being a little too considerate?

Alexx contemplated on this for a few more seconds. "But...Riley will be...well, Riley."

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-11-2011, 03:13 AM

Ouka murmured a low thanks as Riley placed the box of hello kitty bandaids on the countertop for him. Ouka took the box and opened it, not even bothering to wonder why there was a box of them in a house that two guys lived in. If there was a Riley about expect the unexpected.

He took out a few and carefully plastered his fingers with them before setting the box back into the drawer. He examined the bandaids for a bit while Kouken worked on the s'mores.

Kouken looked up from where he had been putting squares of graham crackers on a tray and glanced to the bowl of marshmallows. "That's good, just bring it here and get out so I can finish these." he said, a teasing undertone in his voice. He wasn't trying to be mean or anything, there was just so long someone could stay upset with Riley for and well...it wasn't really that long.

With Netsuai...

Netsuai nodded his head slightly after the girls had exchanged pleasantries before he smirked slightly at Alexx. "Remind me about what Riley said about that costume...I think I might just hold him to it." With that said he decided to go check on Akiye, who had excused herself to go upstairs.

After trying a few rooms, Netsuai finally located Akiye, asleep in one of the guest rooms. A sigh slipped from Netsuai's lips and he was about to close the door again when Akiye's phone ringing caught his attention. He entered the room and picked up the device, glancing at the name. It was her sister again...he knew it was probably wrong, but if her sister was harassing her...He flipped the phone open and pressed it to his ear.

"Hello Akane-san. May I ask why you are calling one of my employees through personal means during working hours which I am sure you are quite familiar with?"

((hope you don't mind what Ai-chan did Ash-chan >.>))

Hresvelgr

Old 07-11-2011, 03:39 AM

Riley laughed slightly. Hearing the teasing undertone as he brought the bowl over to Kouken. Placing it beside the chocolate. He stepped towards the table. He could hear his name being mentioned from the other room, but did not honestly look into it. The reason he had covered his language was simply for his own satisfaction. Although the girls seemed to be reading too much into it. If Riley didn't want to speak a certain way around someone he wasn't sure how they would react, then he should not have to after all.

It was just a silly word after all.

"Done yet?" Riley asked Kouken. "How about now?...Now? Are we there yet? My feet hurt." Riley said mimicking an impatient child.

----

At the sound of her phone ringing again, Akiye blindly reached over towards the table. Her eyes were still closed as she was slightly out of it. Not finding the device where she left it, Akiye opened her eyes, seeing Netsuai answering it. She sat up, crossing her legs. Knowing she would not get her phone back. Honestly though, she hated getting her friends evolved in the fights with her sister. Netsuai especially, because he would tell her off if Akane got out of hand.

Akiye laid back down on the bed. Listing to Netsuai's part of the conversation.

-----

Akane called her sister back. She was sitting just outside of her collage ground. Just getting out of the meeting where she discussed the plans with the other girls. Going over what Netsuai said to her earlier that day. The fight was mainly over her allowance. Akiye's and Akane's parents were not rich by any means. They had enough to help with collage. But Akiye footed the major portion of the bill. Even giving her sister about two hundred a month. Not lot no, but Akane had a part time job too.

When Netsuai answered the phone Akane nearly froze. Merely because it was unexpected.

"Netsuai-San, good afternoon."
She greeted. Rolling her eyes on the other line. "It is nothing to worry yourself with. I was just calling to let her know I called our parents and found a ride." She was lying to him. But honestly, she did not have time to deal with Netsuai at the moment. Now she actually had to call her parents.

"Just had a little emergency, and needed to call my older sister. That is all. Family stuff." Akane answered him.

((Lol no. I think its funny and totally him.))

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-11-2011, 03:44 AM

gemini sighed.
"well,from what i've seen of him,that does seem true.so,two x's in your name? that is pretty cool." she said with a laugh.
"my name isn't that cool-it's just...gemini.my aunt told me that i was named for the sign my mom saw in the sky the night i was concieved..." she said,trailing off at the involintary mention of her mother.she hadn't talked much about her parents since the accident,but she thought about them all the time.her aunt never liked talking about it.
"my aunt...well,she was actually my mother's best friend a long time ago,but she took me in-she's different now than when my mom knew her.she says things she shouldn't sometimes." she confessed.it was true-her aunt had only started drinking after her parent's death.
((what's it gonna take to make netsuai like gemini? *pouts* i will figure it out!))

Last edited by Gemini; 07-11-2011 at 03:47 AM..

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Alexx laughed. She knew that the name "Alexx" wasn't a real name -it could be, but she doubted anyone on Earth's birth name was "Alexx". She figured that she should tell Gemini her real name though. "My real name's Alexandrah Undergere. That's spelled A-L-E-X-A-N-D-R-A-H. Yeah...my parents wanted it to be unique, but it's still pronounced the same way. "Alexx" is just my nickname." She nodded, hoping that what she said had come out right. "But I'm just warning you, I've been called Alexx my whole life, so I probably won't respond to Alexandrah." She thought about something else she might want to add. "That's about it then...So if you see a car coming in my direction about to hit me, scream "Alexx" not "Alexandrah"." She laughed.

Alexx nodded at Gemini's explanation of her name. It would be cool to be named after something, knowing that your name was meant to represent something or remind you of a moment. "That's cool. I actually really like constellations and stuff." She was also curious about what Gemini meant by her comment about her aunt. She felt as if it would be rude and not in her place to ask, but she did anyway. "What do you mean she says things she shouldn't sometimes? Doesn't everyone?" Then quickly added, "If you don't wanna talk about it, it's cool. I gotta go talk to Netsuai and Riley anyway."

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 PM

Kouken took a spoon and spooned some of the melted marshmallows onto a graham cracker before drizzling the chocolate Ouka had melted on top. Without even looking, he picked it up and shoved the entire thing into Riley's mouth to get him to stop talking even if for only a moment. Wiping his hand off, Kouken went back to making the rest of the s'mores.

Ouka raised a hand to cough into to cover up his laughter, though the amusement dancing in his eyes was hard to disguise. He walked over to Kouken's side and took one of the desserts into his own hands. He took a bite from a corner and practically melted at the sweet confection. He didn't notice the marshmallow he had gotten on his upper lip until Kouken looked up and practically doubled up laughing.

Before Ouka could reach up to wipe it off with his hand, Kouken tossed him another wet paper towel. Ouka smiled slightly before wiping off the gooey marshmallow. He turned to Riley and tilted his head to the side. "Marshmallows...are yummy, neh?"

With Netsuai...

"Is that so..." Netsuai murmured. Though his voice seemed to be understanding his expression was everything but. He face was perfectly blank as he examined one of the picture frames hanging on the wall of the guest room. "Well, I suppose it's nice that you can depend on your older sister, but don't depend on her too much Akane-san. You have to learn to stand on your own two feet, hm?" Though the words were pleasant enough, Netsuai's tone had taken a rather icy edge to it as he spoke. It was a bad habit of his.

Hresvelgr

Old 07-11-2011, 11:01 PM

Riley practically chocked as the smore was shoved into his mouth. Although he was able to chew and swallow it. Painfully I might add. He nodded towards Ouka. "Best invention ever I must say." He saw with a laugh. Hearing the girls mention his name again. He laughed at the comment. Slyly stepping around Kouken to grab another smore.

"Ouka, have you taken any good pictures lately?" Riley asked the smaller male. Then thought about his question. The way he phrased it. Ouka always took good pictures. No, his pictures were second to none. At least in Riley's opinion. "Wait.. wait. That was a bad way to phrase that. Where have you taken pictures recently?"

-----
"Of coarse Netsuai-San" Akane agreed. Her friend had come up to her, making hand signals. At first Akane shooed her away, until the red-haired girl monitored towards a small bag of crushed up green leaves. "I fully understand Netsuai-San. I must be going now. Bye bye! Don't work my sister too hard please." Akane said as she hung the phone up.

----

Akiye watched as the conversation seemed to quickly end. She leaned up on her elbows. "I'm so sorry about her Netsuai. I hope she did not insult you." Akiye said to him. Reaching up to rub her eyes lazily. "I should get up, huh?" She said with a small laugh. Starting to sit up until she was cross legged like when he first answered the first.

((Fail post! Woot lol.))

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-13-2011, 01:49 AM

gemini smiled.she thought alexx was pretty cool.
"haha,ok i'll remember that bit of info.i like alexx better anyway." she said.when alexx asked about her aunt,gemini frowned.she didn't often talk about it,but it didn't seem like it would hurt to tell this girl.they would be co-workers after all.
"my aunt...is a drunk.she's not related to me by blood,she was my mother's best friend.she only started drinking after my parents died,but now she drinks all the time.she's barely ever sober,and when she is she's miserable.so sometimes she says things under the influence that she really shouldn't.she'll probably be passed out on the couch when i get home tonight-same as always." she explained,feeling as if a small weight was lifted off her shoulders.a single tear drifted down her cheek,but she brushed it away.she would not cry over this! her parents had been dead for three years,there was no reason to cry now!

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-13-2011, 04:17 AM

Alexx didn't know what to say in response to what Gemini said. Alexx just met her and it meant a lot that she told her this. Alexx would never tell someone she just met something so private. She thought that this meant she had Gemini's trust. She wasn't going to lose it.

Drinking was a serious problem. Alexx had a vague idea of why people did it, though she guessed everyone had a different reason. She really felt bad though. She didn't expect Gemini to say her parents were dead. Alexx remembered back to when she was Gemini's age. She couldn't imagine being that age without a mom or dad. As much as she fought with her dad, she wouldn't have changed it. And her mom never did anything but care about her. Yeah, they had their arguments too, but her mom was always there.

Gemini telling Alexx this made her realize how important it is to have parents -especially when you're not on your own yet. Alexx only didn't want her parents' help because she was old enough to be on her own.

Alexx didn't want to tell Gemini that she was sorry because that's what everyone said. Some people didn't even mean it. She didn't want to be just another one of those people. "You know, if you ever need anyone to talk to, you can talk to me." She figured that an offer would be better than a "sorry". "So how are you liking it here so far? The Boss treating you okay?"

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-15-2011, 03:01 AM

gemini smiled warmly.it was great to meet someone for once that didn't say sorry or try to pity her.
"actually,i really like it here so far.natsuai-san...i kinda got into a fight with him at first,but it's all better now.now i'm going to get him to like me,because everyone needs more friends,and someone to care for them." she replied honestly.she nodded to herself.she wanted to care for netsuai...
"so,you do makeup,right? can you teach me how? i never learned because i was too young when my mother died and my aunt is always too drunk to teach me.i don't really want to make myself all pretty,but i think it would be a usefull skill to have,if i ever wanted to make a guy notice me..." she said,blushing a little.

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2011, 11:31 AM

Alexx nodded. Getting into a fight with Netsuai, she thought, was never really getting into a fight with him. She always saw him as a calm person. So by "fight", Alexx thought of it as an "argument".

She agreed with Gemini though. Everyone needs someone to care for them. It might just be one person, but it works. Alexx had the feeling that Gemini really wanted Netsuai's...approval? Care? She didn't know, but she saw something that kind of signaled that she really wanted Netsuai to like her -and it wasn't because she said so. When Alexx first met Netsuai, she was scared that he didn't like her. She thought that he might've found her annoying or something of that nature. Later, as their friendship started to grow and she started working at Amaranthine -which came much later -she realized that he was just really reserved. It wasn't something she ever questioned him about. She thought that everyone needed some personal space and she wouldn't like it either if someone asked her stuff that personal.

"Netsuai..." Alexx thought of the right way to explain it. "He...well...I think that it takes him time to warm up to new people. But don't worry, he'll warm up to you sometime soon enough."

As for makeup, Alexx was definitely willing to teach her. She thought that by teaching, you learned more as well. It would also be useful for the part-timer to have some type of useful skill in the business -just in case things got crazy or she eventually started working full time. "Um, yeah." Alexx smiled. "Sure. I'll just teach you the light stuff. Ease into doing makeup slowly." She smiled at the last part of what gemini said. "Oh, you want a guy to notice you?"

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-18-2011, 02:40 AM

gemini blushed deeply.she hadn't meant to say that she had her eye on someone...but,there was no use denying it.she was going to be working with these people,so they would eventually figure out what she was feeling.
"actually,yes...i really like someone...and i thought maybe he'd see me as more...mature...if i knew how to put on makeup and wore it regularly..." she said,her face turning five shades of red.she considered telling exactly who she liked.would they accept it? or would they laugh at her,tell her it would never work?
"i hope you're right about netsuai-san warming up to me...if he doesn't,the makeup will be pointless." she said,confessing her not-so-secret crush in a roundabout way.she glanced sideways at alexx to see the other's reaction to what she had said.

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-20-2011, 03:26 AM

Alexx smiled. She thought that Gemini was easy to read, though she could be wrong. Her blushing indicated that Alexx had been right. And as soon as Gemini said that she really liked someone, she instantly assumed it was Netsuai. She thought that it was somewhat...irrational? No, not irrational. Maybe quick to really like someone in the same day that you met them. Doesn't "really liking someone" take time? Alexx asked herself.

She shook her head. Yes, wearing makeup makes you look more mature, but she thought that Gemini should enjoy her youth. Alexx was twenty-three, but she still acted seventeen most of the time. She thought that a lot of people did. "Wearing makeup makes you look more mature. You have to act it too if that's really what you want. And wearing a lot of makeup hides your face. You're pretty without it." She thought about what to say next. "But if you really want to, then do it, I guess. I'll teach you, no hesitation."

The second part of what Gemini said made Alexx more than sure that it was Netsuai Gemini liked. She nodded. The boss. Gemini liked the boss. Alexx kind of doubted that wearing makeup would make Netsuai like her more. She could...volunteer to help him with his work? Talk to him? Ask questions? "I know you like him. And he'll warm up to you. It might take a while, but he will -unless of course you do something to destroy a part of his life which probably won't happen." She stated to make it clear. "Wearing makeup might make him see you as older than you are. But try talking to him more, you know? Ask questions about work first then...ease into other subjects: music, movies, books, stuff like that." Then Alexx wondered why she was helping Gemini with her crush on Netsuai. Better friendly and helpful than not, she thought.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-21-2011, 03:42 AM

gemini nodded.the other's advice did make sense.
"ok.i'll try to get to know him better.but i do still want to learn makeup,because my mother always said it was a usefull skill to have." she said,nodding.she would get to know netsuai,but she still wanted him to notice her.an image of her mother's face flashed through her mind.her mother-a woman no man could ever resist.she had been beautiful,warm,intelligent,and kind.many people said gemini looked like her mother,but gemini thought she wasn't nearly as pretty.
"i wonder...maybe an outsider's opinion would have more clarity.i've been told i look like my mother,but my mother was the sort of woman that every man who passed her couldn't help but stare.no guy has ever stared at me.do you think i look like her?" she asked.she pulled a heart-shaped locket out from under her shirt and opened it.on one side was a picture of her mother,and the other had a picture of her father.
Gemini: green eyes
Gemini's mother:
Gemini's father:

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-30-2011, 11:16 PM

"Recently...?" Ouka finished off the rest of his s'more before cleaning his hands withe the still damp paper towel. "I was able to take a trip to the countryside...the sky was absolutely beautiful..." As he spoke about his work, Ouka's eyes sparkled in such a way that it was obvious he loved his occupation. "Maybe I can bring some prints over...next time..." he decided as explaining with words just didn't seem to be helping to create the image he wanted.

Silently, Kouken praised Riley for coming up with a way that guaranteed Ouka would visit again. He picked up the now empty bowls and deposited them in the sink before picking up the tray of finished treats. "Enjoy your conversation you two. I'll be taking these out first." he said before exiting the kitchen to head to where the girls were.

~~~~

Netsuai stared at the phone in his hands for a moment before shutting it and placing it back down on the table he had picked it up from. His eyes darted to Akiye for a moment before they returned to staring at the wall ahead of him. "I believe it was the other way around actually." he said. He watched silently as she sat up before he took a seat next to her, close enough that he could feel her body heat and yet far enough so that they weren't touching. "Akiye...you would tell me if something were wrong...wouldn't you?" he implored, staring at anything and everything that wasn't the woman he had sat himself next to.