Alexi
Hiatus - Forever an Exchanger
Send a message via MSN to Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
So yeah, my computer died and I haven't really been able to get on here. Its always a struggle to get online on the campus computers. Hence me being away. But I wanted to post where I was at least. Got some new art, I'll post in a sec. And I'll try to post a few times a day if I can get on. o_o

I thought I might as well post up a thread here for my OC's and for future art I might be getting on here. ^^ Also to kinda show off some of the arts I've gotten. Gonna post a bunch of stuff characters etc. But for now here is the photobucket with most of my art that I've gotten from people.

http://tinyurl.com/28ny5y Linkage <3

The more recent stuff is posted at the start I think. ^^ I'll organize it a bit more later. As you can see, my characters are somewhat different from your normal every-day anime/roleplaying characters. They are based off my own storyline and have their own unique traits.

Key Terms~

Since my story is different from most any storyline you might have come across, and because it is a personal storyline that I formulated with a real life friend long ago and have since changed a bit myself, there are terms that I may use that may confuse you. I will list them here in case you need a reference, but I can definitely answer you in greater detail or try to explain better in the thread if you just ask me. ^^

Transhuman - Transhumans are a race of, in essence, the next step in evolution of humans, created not naturally but through many technological implants, gene manipulations, and experimentations as well as combining of human DNA with alien DNA.

In the storyline, their creation occured several thousand years ago, and the story at this point is in the middle of the Transhuman Wars, where the inevitable collision of extremely powerful entities caused massive destruction. Later in the story, Transhumans would wind up being a more civilized society. However, it is pretty much chaos at this stage, with the small group of people who are the heroes of the story trying to restore order and create a more orderly society.

The 4 species of Transhumans - There are 4 major species or "purebreeds" of transhumans. The Koorian, Authian, Drakien, and Rathien, named after the species of alien reptile that was genetically combined into these people.

Koorian are the air-based race, generally slighter and with powers in the divine or wind and air. Speed is their best trait, and they generally are pretty strong in air combat, even hand-to-hand. Since many organisms need air to breathe, or a spark of life to live, Koorian can have a lot of power over regular beings. Typically nicknamed Angels, they can be a very proud but seductive race, but unlike their name, many Koorian are prone to doing evil deeds in the name of power.

Authien are the water-based race, generally more at home there than anywhere else. With power over liquids, they can be a devastating enemy, and control many different properties of liquids at will. Since other organisms have a lot of liquid, having an Authien touch you could mean death. Typically referred to as Seaserpents. Generally they have a slow methodical way of thinking and are not quick to anger though.

Rathien are the rock or fire based race, they are most often alluded to as Dragons. Fiery tempers usually come with the genes, but so does speed as well as physical domination over most other species on the ground level. The ability to manipulate metals, minerals, and all sorts of kinetics make this race formidable on the battlefield even if they aren't the best diplomats.

Drakien are the dark race, and while they are nicknamed demons and have dark and demonic powers and are good at killing, they are seldom the type to fall prey to evil deeds for the sake of personal ventures and power, unlike the Koorian. Their actions are almost always for a good reason, and living in the dark doesn't stop them from being some of the most innovative designers and scientists in Transhuman society. It is this fact that will eventually make them flip the tables and establish a foothold as the new elite class in the future stable society.

Tolarkien - The aliens that were combined with humans to make the original Transhumans. They also have similar species and breeds like the Transhumans do, but they communicate completely through telepathic methods. They are also very conniving and deceptive, their objective to improve their gene pool and create a race that can eventually defeat their enemies in higher space, who had banished their predecessors to the material realm. Their look is reptilian, and their individual species varies in looks widely. Best I can describe is that Koorian look like armored and reptilian birds, Authien are much like sea serpents, Rathien are like raptors or dragons depending on size and particular variation in genes, and drakien are mainly underground, armored-canine-looking entities that have dark armored plated skin, and glowing white eyes.

The Hatred - The Hatred is the nickname for an emotional and mental state where the Transhuman loses all remnant of human emotion and morals and everything else and just goes into killing mode - usually triggers initially upon a traumatic event, and gets easier to trigger on command as the Transhuman learns his or her own powers. In this trance state, powers are elevated and higher levels of it and more complex manipulations can occur - full-blown Hatred can be absolutely devastating to the environment around as well though, in addition to harming members of the same team. Control of Hatred is an absolute must, and is taught from birth, though some like Lindin have yet to have complete mastery over it. Rathien tend to go into a berzerking Hatred more easily than other species.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 05:41 AM

Character: Justic

General Information

Gender: Originally male, but not really either gender anymore.
Race: Koorian pure Divinity class
Hair color: White, with gold and red streaks
Hair length: Main, white part of hair is down to about the neckline, windswept like Lindin’s. Braids of longer, red hair down the back to about the waist line. The braids end in sharp kunai-looking blades.
Eye color: Right eye is a sharp red, the left eye is a cool grey.
Personality: Outwardly cool and serene, very genuine and loving. Inspires calm in even troubled souls. However, he does have a twisted view of what constitutes love.
True age: Unknown, but thousands of years is the reputed time.
Visual age: 26
Main Weapons: Dual katana that can change shapes into other weapons
Specialty: Divinity magic
Identifying marks/traits/unique features: Glowing red and gold runes covering his upper body like long lines of Asian characters. Right eye is red, left eye is gray. He has wings that look like they’re made of pure energy instead of feathers
Costume: White robes garnished with ribbons sewed onto the outside, which have gold and red text. These ribbons have runes written all over them as well and extend past the robes. The Robe has a sash across the waist, where the scabbards of two katana are held tightly against his body. The braids in his longer red hair could be considered a part of his costume. He wears metal light plated armor underneath the robes. Think Greek gladiator or something. It can show if the robes are pulled away, the sleeves pulled back, or the bottom of the robes are parted a bit too much. There is a power-like symbol on his forehead, like Kalec's except without the stem connecting the two partial circles. This is his third eye, colored yellow and red, and when the inner circle rotates 180 degrees, he can open the eye.

Examples

Justic is the villain of the storyline, in this particular portion of my story. In the early stages of the story, Justic is one of the heroes, and he is looked at as kind of a success story in the experiments that would lead the races as a whole to complete human transcendence. Instead of an experiment on an existing human, Justic is much like Kalec in that he was born a test-tube baby, and is actually born from much of the same genetic material as Kalec was made from. However, his creation was at a much later stage of development, so that such ideas as grafting and manipulation of genes after the creation itself weren’t necessary, and so he retains much of his humanoid form, without any “impurities” on the outside from demonic residue, which is something that you as the reader will come to find is inherent in most of the Divinity class. (Alexi being an exception, where she had to have the grafts to save her life.)

Justic was a natural-born leader and a very powerful entity, and it was immediately apparent that he had some control over the link of souls, and as such a pylon, he was able to gather many followers. Kalec and Sleeta are both pylons as well, able to gather together groups of powerful people to achieve certain goals. For some time, Justic worked together with Kalec, who one can consider a father or elder brother figure to Justic, in order to achieve the Exodus.

Justic and Kalec had always been rivals somewhat, in addition to being brothers. Kalec was always hailed as the original leader of the revolution, was born first, and had a lot of power from working so much. Justic was always hasty, acted on instinct, but really had to work a lot harder than Kalec to get any recognition despite being more powerful already. Though much of that is because he was lazy and didn’t want to study what Kalec was, he still craved that power and recognition – being accepted – more than Kalec ever did. He is also jealous of Kalec's relationship with Sleeta, which plays into the story later.

He eventually got tired of sitting second-chair. Despite the fact that he was already high up in society, he wanted to be the head of society, and not have to be a part of the global link. There were others that thought like him, and they gravitated towards his power, and they began thusly to meet in secret. It is also because of his lust for power that he discovered an artificial way to gather lots of power, by using his ability and absorbing souls of even innocents. (Kalec does this, but only against opponents he wants to completely and utterly eliminate because of how dangerous they are) This method was whispered and suggested to him because of his third eye power, which in its unopened state still lets him hear the voices of subspace demons. Kalec hears them as well but is able to distinguish them from his own thoughts because his own thinking is so different.

The Jameson family had always been one of the top families in the divinity class, mainly because they were one of the last that were integrated into the projects and had a higher vestibule of power. They were the major target on Justic’s hitlist, but their security was locked up tight against outsiders: like a lot of Divinity class, the Jameson family pretty much thought they were top notch, better than others, and looked down on everyone, especially those who had implants and grafts. However, Justic was able to get an “in” by using his charm in order to seduce Alexi to make her believe that he was the love of her life.

He killed her family on the morning of their wedding, taking their souls to add to his own. The killing of so many Divinity-class transhumans dealt a large blow to the link, and the absorption of their souls brought Justic over the critical mass to make him mostly-energy and practically un-killable. It will be discovered later that he had absorbed not only the souls of the departed Jameson family, but the sheer magnitude of the power surge had let some of the subspace demons in as well, corrupting him with their power.

This artificial ascendance also destroyed a lot of his humanity, as well as changed his view of the world entirely. He thinks he’s fulfilling the final stages of the ascendance, and by killing and tutoring Commandos to kill others (Commandos often try to kill each other to gather even more power) he believes that he is creating beings that will eventually lead the war against the subspace demons (but he’s being spoken to by subspace demons and is taken over by them, though he doesn’t know this). In a sense, he is the hero of his own story, because of his twisted morality. But then again, Kalec does some immoral things to keep his idea of transhuman society together as well too.

Explanation of Justic's Power and Eyes

His eyes will be one grey and one red. The grey one sees every aspect of the body. The red one sees into the living soul. It is this combination of being able to see how the soul and body interact that his ultimate power is achieved. He has a third eye covered by his hair. That is the eye that sees the energy of subspace (the energy that underlies all of existence), the passage of time, and its a gold eye. He can use this to predict maneuvers. It can't see too far ahead, but far enough to really matter in a battle. And enough to confuse his idea of reality. This third eye is a golden and red symbol that changes colors between the two all the time. Normally its just the regular power symbol like Kalec's, but without the stem that connects the two partial-circles. When the inner circle rotates so that the arc part is alligned with the hold in the larger outer circle, he can open it into a real eye.

Relation to other characters

Born from the same legacy genes that Kalec was born from and Lindin as well, Justic is in between them in age and could be considered their brother, but is young enough to be considered Kalec’s son. He is very hostile to both Kalec and Lindin, the original loving rivalry gone awry, and now with his newfound power he looks down on them for not taking the easy way out because both of them have a potential that they’re keeping held down because of moral and ethical issues. He pities the morality of humankind, feeling that it is extremely flawed and that sacrifices have to be made for greater gains. He doesn’t love Alexi and pretty much pities her as well, though Alexi hates him and lives to see his death, despite the fact that she has nothing she can really do to kill him forever. The commandos that follow in his footsteps killed Mondai’s parents as well and so she will come to find that she really wants to kill him too. The conflict of everyone wanting to kill Justic adds to a bit of strain between the main characters, and will cause conflicts as well as good teamwork and a certain competition that improves everyone in the group.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 05:49 AM

Okay so here are some examples of Kalec, the main Hero of the storyline. He's sortof like Justic's older brother. Oy I'll elaborate later, working on links first. XD

Kalec is, in my storyline, one of the first transhumans and will become the founder of the future transhuman society.

He was once a scientist who was alive during the age of Corporations, and worked for Starr Enterprises, a company that had immense power both financially and politically. His specialty was implantation technology, especially memory cores, but genetic engineering was one of his interests as well.

Initially he was one of the head researchers for a project to create super-human soldiers. While he was a researcher, however, he worked on a special case named Sleeta, a girl who was about his age. She was a conscripted elite, who was locked up by the corporation for false reasons. It was through her that he found out about the lies that the corporation was telling their scientists, about how these people they were experimenting on weren't convicted felons of the highest degree, but intelligent and hard-working individuals that were taken simply because they had the best gene pool. He fell in love with this girl and made plans to escape.

The plans failed and Sleeta was pushed further into the research pool. Kalec was eventually forced to become one of the subjects of the research himself. The methods used to create these super-human soldiers were drastic, and called for genetic reconstruction of an entire adult body, which was both painful as well as dangerous. Kalec's heart actually stopped on the table on an experiment, but the drakien in him kept him alive. They nicknamed him Lostsol, because it seemed like after all that he'd gone through, there was a haunting absense of what one might think of as a soul. Being in his presence was almost like being in the presence of death.

Kalec is one of the last transhumans with so much of his old mind intact that he can still remember old memories like his love of Sleeta. Sleeta was killed in the battles and wars after the Exodus, and it became his obsession over a milennia to try to bring her back through cloning and memory-implantation, but he couldn't bring her back that way because the technology didn't exist. However, his experiments brought into being the memory chips that began to be used widely as a backup file to save a transhuman's memories should they be killed in battle, to be uploaded to a clone should it be necessary. His personality is a ruthless self-driven one, and as most other transhumans, his ethics and morals come last compared to the ends when it comes to manipulation of genes, experiments, and society in general.

Personality

Kalec is usually a very calm and self-composed individual that tends to keep to himself, despite the fact that he in essence, founded a race and many species as they exists today and his society as a whole. Revered by many, resented by those commandos that try to escape from his society, he really doesn't care much either way what people think, and does what he feels is right to help those he does let close to him, and to continue the rebellion and fight against the Tolarkien, as well as the Corporation-driven world of Terrans. A very charismatic individual with a soft look in his eyes, almost sad really, he doesn't know that he will eventually find another love that will take the pain away of all the loss he's suffered, especially his memories of Sleeta.

However, in battle, the "Hatred" as I call it (a remnant of dragon in his genes that is present in all transhumans) literally transforms him into a demon, with a black flaming aura around him and a deadly light glowing in his eyes, his expression turning demonic and his hair flaring up and outward. If you've seen Trinity Blood, you'd know what I mean. I can describe the Hatred for you in greater detail if you wish. I should actually write down a list of terms to understand later.

More Description

In the transhuman wars, both civil and against other races, Kalec increased his power by stealing the souls of those that were falling in battle through use of the dark arts. To extinguish a life-force and add it to his own was a very powerful ability, one that he would eventually teach to some degree to his apprentice, Mondai. It is through his understanding of the soul that he was first able to exactly duplicate a soul-less body that would accept the soul of a deceased. Unfortunately, the Sleeta he once knew could no longer be revived due to the sheer amount of changes she had received. He's often seen conversing to a ghostly skull, which to him looks like the image of Sleeta, but to others looks like a ghastly shade.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 05:53 AM

Character: Sleeta

General information

Race: Authien Transhuman
Hair color: Deep-sea blue, but with other sea-green/lighter blue colors
Hair length: Down to center of the back, but very curly. ^^ :heart:
Eye color: Eyes are very light green, almost transluscent.
Personality: Calm and loving, hard to aggravate, and very soothing to anyone who is in her presence.
True age: Unknown, but thousands of years is the reputed time.
Visual age: 21ish
Main Weapons: A bow that fires bright extensions of her soul.
Specialty: Water and data-web manipulation/powers
Identifying marks/traits/unique features: Sleeta has a whirlpool Tattoo under her right eye. Doesn't necessarily have to be the one I drew, you can fancify it if you'd like. She also has a collar, with a jewel hanging down from the center. The collar is relatively elaborate. Blue lips are necessary, dark blue specifically. Additionally, she has horns that are much different from other transhuman, and look much more sea-dragon like than demonic, much like her tail, which is reminiscent more of a sea creature's tail than a devil's tail, ending with a crusted bony hook. She has fins from her wrists up the side of her forearms, that can be hardened to a sharpness that can cut through things, but are mostly used to aid swimming. Her ears are pointed and finned as well. She -always- wears platforms that stretch up to her knees.

Her outfit isn't in stone yet otherwise, though she should have gloves that let her fingers show through. The best I can say is to make her look like a mer-princess, not simple swim-wear, but instead skin-tight-armor instead. As if it were painted onto her body.

One final feature she does have over other transhumans is a link to an Authien, a sort-of Sea Demon-Dragon, that she has as an ally and familiar. This Authien can change shape into all manner of creatures, and can turn into a bow as well that uses her soul's power and fashions it into a beam of energy that can rip through even physical metal. So, unlike her bretheren, she has her demon outside of her, and works in perfect harmony with it, instead of at odds with her demon.

Sleeta is quite a complicated character in my storyline, all at once being life, hope, and death combined. She was the love of Kalec's life that shaped him into the savior of the Transhumans in the exodus. She became the light of hope for a new generation and era where the demon-reptiles no longer fought against Transhumans but worked with them together. And at when she passed away, she became a martyr that catalyzed the future shaping of society itself, being both one of the reasons that the civil wars occured and one of the reasons that they would finally end.

In the beginning, Sleeta was a marine biologist who was used in the Transhuman projects because of her fitness and her intelligence. She was introduced into the program as a subject for experimentation, by way of the prison system. She was a prisoner who had been accused of espionage and murder, and because she had no close family and few ties to off-world, she was a prime target for the corrupt police system that was pretty much bought-out by Starr Enterprises.

After many tests under many different researchers, she was eventually sent to Kalec, a genetically engineered scientist that was to do the final tests on her before she died. Normally, subjects on the verge of dieing were subjected to the most risky tests because there was no need to keep them alive any longer, and it was said that Kalec had the least concern for life, in favor of the most advance of knowledge. Her arms pocked with the scars of hundreds of needles injected into her, her skin pale as death and her body scrawny from starvation, she was a pitiful sight.

However, it was not forseen by the headers of the project that her soft and gentle nature as well as what beauty she had left would break through Kalec's emotional armor. Seeing her laying there, dieing, he began to realize that this woman could not possibly be the cold-blooded killer that his superiors in the project had told him she was. He began to find a cure, a way through his older experiments to change her genetic structure and make it seem like she was dead, but instead build her strength up again. The escape plan he made failed, and they were both put into further research, but Sleeta's transformation had already begun.

Her transformation was much stronger than many other Authien, in that she not only acquired powers over liquids and grew horns and a tail, but she also grew fins and her pallor had changed to a light blue ivory. Her lips had become blue, her heart didn't have to beat as fast as it used to with her circulation taking care of itself for the most part through her somatic magic system, and her hair had become curly and vibrant with sea colors.

With this also came an ability that no other Transhuman had before her, and that was the ability to link with Tolarkien, specifically Authien. Through this linking, she was able to find the Authien whose DNA had been injected into her - this relationship became a partnership as she realized that even some Tolarkien weren't happy with their situation. Her complete control over her emotion called Hatred was also very powerful. She could make use of an immense amount of power and focus it to her will, instead of completely giving over to a reptilian or demonic side.

Because of her gentle nature and beauty, however, she was a natural siren - the kind that would attract the attention of many a man. It was an unintentional thing, and she never displayed any sexual charms, even though she knew how to. She was much too kind and gentle for that. But she was a coveted jewel, and there were those in the ranks that wanted her for themselves.

A war began, partly because of her part as a Helen of Troy - there were those in the Divinity class that coveted power and wanted to rule over all of Transhuman society, and many wanted her to be their queen. Unfortunately, she was killed in the fighting that followed the initial uprisings, by jealous men that felt that if they couldn't have her, noone could have her. Without her, however, the link that held everyone together began to fall apart, for one of her unique strengths was being a nexus of thoughts for all of her kind.

Resurrecting her, saving her from the abyss, became Kalec's obsession and eventual downfall. He felt lost without her, for she was his only love, and had created him into what he was today. The link could be established among those who willingly tried to connect to others, and he placed the link into artificial machines that created a sort of network of thoughts, but it wasn't able to come to near the magnitude that Sleeta's mind could. It wasn't just something about her physical mind either, it was something about her soul, because he tried cloning her and the clone's abilities weren't near the same as hers though they were quite powerful. There are a number of clones of her, with differing powers, created from the Sleeta Project as a result.

In any case, Kalec finally got it right, and resurrected her but died in the process. He had used the power of his own soul, which people had thought unexistant, in order to infuse a perfected body with her soul. It was unknown that she had been successfully restored for quite some time, but she would eventually reappear and help unite the last of her race, after Kalec had been restored as well.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 05:58 AM

Alright lets see, this is Lindin - he's genetically Kalec's son, since Kalec used his own legacy genes in order to create him. He's another main character in the sense that everyone expects him to be the new savior of the race, if Kalec fails at his tasks. He has an inner demon within him like most of my other characters but its more pronounced and powerful and harder to control. Because of this, the demon's physical characteristics are quite prominent on him, including his eyes which are yellow and slitted in a reptilian way. He maintains a cheerful and mischievous personality to others when he's in their company but alone, he sometimes falls to depression because of the things he has to deal with.

Lindin is Kalec's genetic experiment with his own DNA, and thusly carries a lot of Kalec's original DNA sequence. He has a fiery temper and witty, quick/sharp tongue, and a personality that is anti-authority, he constantly keeps himself busy by planning mischief and new tricks, a lot of them having to do with the cigarette he generally has in his hand. He is Kalec's heir apparent, and supposedly has to be the next savior of the race, but he really doesn't feel up to the task. His personality however, is very alluring and he's pretty much a lady-killer of sorts, in a badass way on the outside, despite his real kindness.

An experiment gone awry, he carries the soul of a demon-lord in himself basically, a high-ranked Tolarkien that he has to battle with every day just to keep his form. Because of this fact, and because he is so young, he doesn't have much control sometimes over his own body or his own words when the demon takes over. When he's weak and can't fight back, the demon can change his body on a physical and molecular level into the pure demon form, which contains immense physical and magical powers, but is controlled by base instinct and love for bloodshed and chaos. Growing up with such a burden has been very hard on Lindin, and he turns to Alexi and Kalec for support because of it.

Born a transhuman with genetic traits from both dragons and humans, you can see some remnants of scales in certain regions of his skin. He has flaming red-mixed-with-black hair that blows like embers in the wind (think windswept). PLEASE emphasis on the fact that there is some blackness in there, its a dark red basically. His eyes are yellow, slitted like a cat's, and they tend to be narrowed slightly at all times.

Oddly, he wears a wicked grin on his mouth even when he's angry, and it becomes more pronounced as his temper rises. Mischievous in nature, his mind is always plotting the next trick or prank he plans on pulling. His horns curve forward out in front of his face, and his left ear is pierced, a dagger-like studded earring in the piercing - he also wears a matching amulet around his neck. It doesn't reach quite as far as some of the pics show, its mostly just down to his collarbone.

Lindin's clothing tends to be dark red and black-toned leather on the upper body, light and muscle-hugging, and a coat around him thats like a sports-coat, unzippered and loose, with a popped collar. That coat has its sleeves cut at the elbows. His legs however sport looser clothing, I guess you could call it punk-style pants where there's chains and leather straps all over the place despite the fact that they are loose.

He also wears one red glove on his right hand and a black glove in the left, preferring to cast magic in the left and wield his single-bladed sword in the right. Speed is his main strength, but he hardly ever thinks before acting. He's a pretty young character in mind, but accelerated growth has put him in a body much older than he is. (Think a late teenager trapped in a young adult's body.) He's an apprentice of Lorn's, and his fiery temper and do-before-thinking ways tend to aggravate his mentor. But he will obey Kalec unquestioningly, as he bears some of Kalec's mind and DNA within him.

Lindin's weapon is a cutlass-type sword which shifts as if it were alive and seemingly burns with a type of fire inside the metal. With his use of chaos magic, Lindin can morph the weapon into whatever he chooses, using a technique of pushing heat in to super-heat the metal into a maleable form, and then re-cooling it by drawing out the heat from the metal itself. Additionally, the hilt of the weapon itself can be morphed into a cannon of sorts, which Lindin can hold against his shoulder and fire great distances, blasting a large radius to smithereens. The cannon-version of the weapon isn't too precise though when used in this manner and is definitely not a short-range weapon.

Still young, he will find out that he has powers not only over fire and burning things, but over much broader things such as the mechanisms involved in chance, that can affect just about anything. He tends to exude an outward confidence that hides his inner insecurities. With the weight of Kalec's legacy on his shoulders, he doesn't know if he can handle that burden, and his love for Alexi is also something he has to deal with as she weaves in and out of danger.

Lindin hardly ever looks at someone straight - he usually prefers to look at them sideways slightly, or not facing them directly. (Tends to hate it when people stare at him) He tends to enjoy playing with a ball of fire in one hand while toying with his sword in the other, smirking or snickering all the while on the outside. His eyes are sometimes very serious though, so that could be a trait you can show. (A lot of my characters have a lot of internal turmoil and dualism as you'll come to find.)

While he's usually all about just rashly running around, the one thing that he does like to do is gaze out at sunsets, sword or cannon slung over his shoulder, his overcoat fluttering in a light breeze. Its the one time when his dragon-side is cooling down enough yet awake enough to let him think things through. As he gets older, he'll find himself able to control himself a great deal more by thinking of the sunsets of his home and the realize that the reason he is so much calmer is because of how he met Alexi.

Relationships to other characters

Obviously, Lindin loves Alexi to death, even though she's much older than he is in terms of years. He reveres her and always strives to impress her, sometimes successfully, but often comically failing his original plan and making her laugh instead. His youth, confidence, and rashness inspires her and makes her heart beat faster, which is something that no other man has been able to do for centuries. He reveres Kalec as a father figure, even more so than most of the other transhumans in the revolutionary movement, and rightfully so because he shares a large portion of Kalec's DNA and implantation technologies. His relationship to Mondai is one of an older brother - he takes care of her, for no real reason he can think of, but "just cuz" in his own words. Subconsciously, he's always thinking of himself as too young, how everyone is so many milennia or centuries old and he's barely a couple centuries young. Having a new baby in the family is fun for him and he always looks out for her.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 06:09 AM

Okay so here's Alexi: She's again, an Angel who was saved by Demons when her fiance betrayed her and killed her family on their wedding day, because of his desire for their power. That ex-fiance was Justic, who only became interested in her after he had stopped being interested in Sleeta (though he really was still in love with Sleeta, and just wanted to hide it and use Alexi to get to her family to absorb their souls) I'll elaborate more later, I have a character sheet typed up for it.

Examples of Alexi in her dress:

Examples of Alexi in her battlearmor

The original Alexi was the head of Jameson Corporations, one of a group of large corporations that headed the Terran worlds. She was involved with Jonathan Starr, who fell in love with her fiery yet seductive attitudes, and her will to conquer a business world which was traditionally dominated by ruthless men. Because of her involvement with Jonathan Starr and her prowess, smarts, and physical fitness however, she was targetted by the Tolarkien early on to be one of the elites that would be created once transhuman-development was perfected. Without his knowledge, she was transformed in the production stages of the Starr Enterprise army into the Authien transhuman, Divinity-class - that is, a class of transhuman that had mastery and abilities in holy energy.

Reborn with a sense of superiority even over the other transhumans, the Divinity class or Angels as they were widely known as, formed their own society where no other species could go - other species eventually followed suit, retreating to those who had similarities to themselves after the exodus occured. The Divinity class especially hated most of the Drakien, who they viewed as mere mutts or horrors, the experiments that went wrong which had to occur in order for true purity to be created.

This would have been the case with Alexi's view on the world as well, until her wedding day. It was on this day that she discovered that the Divinity-class had their own evils, and that they were not in fact perfect - her fiance had taken the opportunity of the wedding to lure Alexi's family into the hall, and brutally murdered them in front of her eyes. He did it because he wanted his family, and specifically him, to be the most powerful of the Divinity class. The power he wielded had gone to his head.

Alexi would have died as well, though she fought long and hard against her betraying lover. They fell through the heavens and crashed into the dark mountainsides, where her ex-fiance left her for dead (he couldn't stand seeing her die in front of his eyes, not that it made his deed any better). Her groaning body was noticed by the resident Drakien, who were the Demons and outcasts of the Transhuman society. They took her in, and did everything they could to repair her body - it took very drastic measures, as her lower set of seraphim wings were badly damaged and her innate attunement to the Divine made it extremely difficult to use Darkness-based operations on her, but Kalec's personal care saved her life. It is thought that her subconscious wanted to live so much because of her desire for revenge against her former lover.

After her physical recovery, Alexi had to begin a mental recovery as well. For a time she was practically insane. Her world has turned upside down - these demons that she was taught to hate all her life had saved her, and she was in essence, a part of their society now that they had grafted her with their technology. She was no longer completely Authien, or Divinity class. She was an outcast from her own world, thought to be dead and if she returned this way she would never be accepted.

But moreover, she had to deal with the sudden revelation that all she thought about her own race was a lie, her broken heart, the betrayal - all of it caused, in the end, a hardening of her heart and emotions. A resolve to put aside her inner emotions, to distrust men, to put aside her racial profiles and regard all species as her species, and to use all her powers, feminine holy and now the addition of the dark powers she received, to deal justice to the Commando that her fiance had become. (A Commando is a transhuman gone insane with power, who can't live within the laws of society - you could say a criminal, but there aren't any real laws in transhuman society)

It is because of this history that Alexi is so hard on men, has a seductive air and smile that seemingly doesn't reach her eyes. The horns she has on her head as well as the sets of wings she has were both grafted to her, the horns to help hold her Halo and Divine spark up, the wings to let her keep flying even though her lower set of wings were damaged beyond repair. She also has a devilish tail that was added to her, with a hook on the end of it - both as a weapon and for more stability when she moves. She also bears more implants on the inside than normal Divinity class transhumans, most of them regulating the pumping and creation of an oily blood substitute, which explains the creamy whiteness of her skin even compared to other angels.

The only people she really trusts are those in Kalec's inner sphere of select transhumans, and of course, Kalec who was the one responsible for saving her so that she could train to exact her vengeance on her ex-fiance. He and Lindin are the main exceptions to her red hate towards men, with Lindin being the one that seems to open her heart more, perhaps even to love him. This initial interest between the two develops as the story moves on from this point as well. Her relationship to Mondai is one of almost motherliness, as she understand the loss and also wonders if she might have turned out the same way had she been as young as Mondai when her family was killed.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 06:19 AM

Mondai the assassin is Kalec's apprentice, and does a lot of the dirty behind the scenes work that Kalec can't do. Her parents were killed in front of her as a young child, which unlocked her powers. She has power to walk through shadows, and is a little crazy because she locked away her childhood and the trauma of watching her parents die has made her psycho. I'll elaborate more later. XD

Mondai is an assassin with jet-black hair and eyes that vary in shades of gray, depending on her mood. Lighter means happier, and black generally means pure hatred. Her background is very cloudy and traumatic - her parents were ripped apart in front of her when she was very young. Found by Kalec after her first outburst of dark energy which killed a number of the Transhumans that had attacked her family in the mine shafts, she had already stopped crying by the time he picked her up, only keeping herself from lashing out because of the kinship she sensed in him.

Seeking revenge, she began to study dark arts, and through those dark arts, she was able to lock away her childhood and summon forth a revenge-demon that thrived within her. It is in this way that she is different from other transhumans, in that she found her own Demon and made a pact with it for power, as opposed to being transfused with an existing one. Her look varies. When in a normal state, her look is that of a young adult woman. The happier she is, the more child-like she becomes, both in personality and in looks. The angrier or blood-lusted she becomes, the more demonic and adult-like her form becomes.

If you look closely at her, or rather, right past her, one can see the sad form of her childhood and past, locked away to soothe the pain but following her everywhere she goes. This shadow looks just like her, but in a ghostly and non-corporeal way. In her youth, she won't even realize its there, as the only people who can see it are her targets, and she always makes her kills. In her later years, she will come to understand and be able to use this shadow-form manifestation as a powerful weapon.

Mondai's weapons are two soul-grafted blades that can extend in distance up to 10 feet, and withdraw to become daggers for easy storage. The history behind these blades is that when she came of age, Mondai went back into the mines and conferred with the spirits of her departed parents. With their permission, she soul-grafted their souls into the blades that she wields, influsing them with life and many powers.

Her right blade carries the spirit of her mother, and her left carries the spirit of her father and both can steal souls from bodies that are killed by the blades. (Normally in Transhuman society, souls can be re-integrated back into bodies by very specific cloning and re-implantation procedures - only a select few assassins are allowed the used of soulstealers for this reason) Mondai's blades often have a ghostly-sort of fog that emanates from the skull imbedded in the hilt, which are the spirits of the slain chained to the daggers to do her bidding.

Her clothing is made up of a black velvetty substance that blends easily into the dark and cloudy regions of the night. She wears boots that are fashioned with a spiked heel, and even though they seem hard to walk on, she can tread very quickly and easily down even the roughest terrain, thanks to her mastery of the shadow skills. Additionally, she carries two deadly gothic looking guns, standard make and model for assassins in Kalec's army. They however do not fire rounds of real ammunition, but instead fire bolts of dark energy, which eat through matter and can explode on her will through her mastery of dark arts.

Mondai is marginally insane and schizophrenic, seeing the world through the eyes of a child, and everything seems to be her plaything. She often lives in the shadow world, peering through the cracks into the real world and laughs and dances at the antics and drama of the world, as if the world were a puppet show made for her. She hears voices as well, and the voices can be very compelling since she believes she hears the voices of her long-dead parents in her mind. She often quotes Shakespeare in a lilting sing-song.

Mondai's relationship to Kalec would be one of a daughter to a father. He took her in when he found her alone amongst a host of dead soldiers in the abandoned mine where her parents were killed. Her powers are similar to his and he trained her in all the dark arts that he could impart on someone of her age, and more since her eagerness to learn is insatiable. To Alexi, she is like a naughty daughter thats always getting into dirty trouble and needs to be cleaned up, but Mondai loves Alexi nontheless as a sort of mother or nanny figure. To Lindin she is much like a baby sister, and he acts as her older brother in many ways. They fight each other sometimes over petty things, but in the end, Mondai would die for Lindin and vice-versa - she tends to look to him for support in dire need even though he isn't much older than she.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 06:26 AM

Reserving a post for Lorn, who's kindof a shapeshifter character - perhaps werewolf rather. While the story is set in the future, he really hates technology and the way energy is being used. He's deeply spiritual, and uses weapons that are either melee class or strict old-style ammunition instead of energy guns. I'm going to be getting art of him later on once I actually bring myself to type up his character sheet. >.>

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 06:32 AM

And then finally a post for Ilthaca, who is a villain that eventually turns into a hero sorta. She's an android that was created out of shadow-magic, and is sort-of a sister-shadow-fiend to Mondai. (It will be noted later that Mondai was actually an experiment in the art of putting a shadow-fiend into a human)

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 06:51 AM

Oof Might as well reserve the whole first page for later characters or whatever I wanna put in like commission prices and such.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 06:56 AM

Maybe I'll do like I did on my Gaia RnC thread and have a list of commissioners if I ever get there. XD But maybe also something like a spotlight and all that.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 06:57 AM

Four more posts til a full page lada. >.> Then I'll just open it up for people who want to post. Saves the hassle of trying to get a full page on the front later when I actually want more posts there.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 07:00 AM

XD I already have views! Sweet. <3 I miss that aspect of Gaia, where it showed number of pageviews. I should set something up there as a ticker. >.>

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 07:03 AM

Hoy reserving sucks. For coolness and for art discussion purposes I post the following WIP from Haliya:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...indinstudy.jpg

Rough lines of Lindin, in a more somber manner where he's being shown contemplating his powers and his responsibilities in private.

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 07:06 AM

Two more posts before its open. .

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 07:09 AM

Okay its open now. XD <3

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-05-2007, 07:13 AM

Yaaay! XD <333

*snatches first post*

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurilia
Yaaay! XD <333

*snatches first post*
XD Hi you! <3 *hugs* What have you been up to lately? ^^ I've totally been neglecting my art thread on Gaia. @_@ *Should post there more but Gaia = boring*

Aiyana
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Aiyana

Old 03-05-2007, 07:20 AM

You have Bw-inc, tooaya, Miaow and ProdigyBombay art. :O *jealous*

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyana
You have Bw-inc, tooaya, Miaow and ProdigyBombay art. :O *jealous*
Ooh you recognize them! <3 Yeah I love those guys so much, Tooaya art I've only gotten recently and same with BW-inc. But PB and Miaow (Kyoupiruchi) I've had art from for a long time! <3 *huggles them* PB is such a sweetie. I also am involved in Miaow's Raevan thread. :3

Aiyana
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Aiyana

Old 03-05-2007, 07:25 AM

I'm a huge DA lurker and I've been watching them for ages now. *_* You're so lucky to have art from such talented/wonderful people.

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-05-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurilia
Yaaay! XD <333

*snatches first post*
XD Hi you! <3 *hugs* What have you been up to lately? ^^ I've totally been neglecting my art thread on Gaia. @_@ *Should post there more but Gaia = boring*
*hugs back* ^^

I wish I could have been at the computer going online and coloring art as often as I wanted to! I kinda neglected Gaia too the past few days...real life has been crazy, I went on a 2-day spontaneous trip with my hubby, and the rest of the weekend went towards visiting in-laws XD

On the plus side, I gave my eyes a well deserved rest. I tend to stare at computer screens for waaaay too long.
Planning on doing some traditional art for myself before I go totally blind...

How are you? University keeping you busy?
Ah, I almost forgot, I went on the Stanford website one day, the campus there looks crazy nice O.O
(The campus of the place where I went to college looked awful XD)

Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyana
I'm a huge DA lurker and I've been watching them for ages now. *_* You're so lucky to have art from such talented/wonderful people.
I'm pretty well-off on Gaia and in some cases, it was me paying a lot for it, in others it was totally their generosity to give me a little something something - PB at the time was usually getting millions but let me pay only a few hundred K. She found my art request and designed some of the basic concepts for my characters and gave them outfits and such. ^^ (Mondai and Lindin mostly) Hopefully I can get more of her art, she offered to do some designs for Ilthaca and Lorn so hopefully! <3 *hugs PB*

Woe is gonna be doing a piece for me and Luc as well - I do have a Luciole pic buried in there among the old arts that I got for my girlfriend. XD

But yeah I feel really lucky. <3

@Olivia - Haha I only wish that I could color and draw! Thats so crazy. Honestly its the best way to have fun and make money on sites like these. I should get a scanner and all that and try it out. Oh your hubby eh? *forgets sometimes that you're married* Wonder how the in-laws were. o_o

But yeah! I do that too, stare at the computer screen for hours on end. Tomorrow I have a presentation for class. >.> And I have two midterms this week and a big project to turn in. But what do I do. I find menewsha, yet another online forum for me to go bonkers over. Hoy. XD

University is really keeping me busy, and yes, its really nice here. XD

Audley
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 AM

You know, I always wanted to comment in your Gaia thread, Alexi, but there were always a million people swarming around ;)

I really like a lot of your latest pieces in OGAWG, as well :)

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-05-2007, 08:05 AM

Haha forums are so time-consuming!
However, also rewarding at times...well for me because I'm quite an outsider in real-life and don't get out as much as I would like to. :3

Ahhh the in-laws, beware of the in-laws! I'm rather lucky because hubby's in-laws like me, but it's different with my parents, they can't stand him x___X
It's a stressful situation... but I don't mean to scare you XD
My parents are just very old-school and strict... still treating me like a little girl *chuckles*

In any case, good luck with that presentation tomorrow! (Well later today technically since it's so late!)
I'm off to bed, stayed up till 3a.m. today again. *yawns and waves* ^^