Alexi
Hiatus - Forever an Exchanger
Send a message via MSN to Alexi

Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
lol. we don't have merit scholarships, so I'm screwed. I'm always trying to penny pinch. Yours is like, $4,000 more a semester? I applied and got waitlisted, which implies that I would have gotten in if I had gone early. XD;

Lol. Yeah, Ramy and I are also relatively close in distance, so we talk a lot.

Oooh, Illinois. Other than Cali - twice- I've never been west o' the Mississippi. XD;
Awww thats lame! But you're getting a top education! So thats priceless? *tries to justify the extreme expenses* But I have half of it paid. For now. >.> They don't offer after awhile. And I've taken too long. -_- Cuz I was an idiot and didn't know really what I wanted to do, I thought I did, but I hate it.

Haha You should visit Cali sometime! Its so awesome, I love it. ^^ Just a generally liberal atmosphere, so much more open - green everywhere, sunshinnne but gets cold during the night time cuz of the humidity. Don't visit Montana though. >.> Its crap. Nothing to do. And its just really really really cold. XD

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-05-2007, 09:06 PM

awww but montana sounds fantastic O.O so much open places and i heard there are still quite a few wild horses up there. i'd kill to be able to go there and just spend a few week at a stable or something to help out <3 lol i pretty much grew up around stables, but then all the ones near dallas (for the most part) all closed down. not so many horses anymore, all the land is being bought up for snazzy apartment complex and office buildings >.<; er not that i dont like apartments (i live in one now) but. i really miss riding and its hard to find a place now. that i know of only 1 stable still teaches equestrian and dressage.

ewwwww the two of you got really exspensive uni's. the one i went to was state school and about 10k a year? or was it 10k a semester *thinks* i dont really recall. i had to stop going because my pai refused to pay after mum made me tell him i was preggy (honestly.. that was such a stupid idea). lol finishing up my school payments and my husband loans was kinda hard also having a new baby and living on our own. so now i just take the occasional community college until i finish all my core and can go back to taking art classes at a uni ^^

ewwww and someone complained about your prices for traditional media? apparently they havent walked into an art supply store and looked at prices *rolls eyes* *groans* good waterpaper alone in 18X24 sheet was like $5-8 where i worked >.<; (cold press? or was it hot press? *muses*). heheh every time we go to the art store my husbad just grumbles about "why couldnt you pick a cheaper pastime?" so response is always "cheaper then crack ^.~"

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-05-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitsumi1221
heheh every time we go to the art store my husbad just grumbles about "why couldnt you pick a cheaper pastime?" so response is always "cheaper then crack ^.~"
HAHAHAHAHA that's a brilliant answer XD
I usually take my husband with me too when I go shopping for art supplies.
(Even though after looking at the prices at the local Loomis for watercolor paper ...I think it was hot press.... I am beginning to think that they MAKE that stuff out of crack!!)

Audley
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-06-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Haha, I said no discount.. cuz you know, I have to pay to SHIP ORIGINALS AND PURCHASE MATERIALS WHICH MOST OF THE CG ARTISTS HE ADOOOOORES DON'T.

And then he backed out on a commission alltogether. XD
That completely does not surprise me. It's just the absolute gall of it, you know? Who tries to "haggle" over something like that? It's not like there are millions of dollars in play.

Anyway, on a more positive note: good for you :)

Alexi

Old 03-06-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
awww but montana sounds fantastic O.O so much open places and i heard there are still quite a few wild horses up there. i'd kill to be able to go there and just spend a few week at a stable or something to help out <3 lol i pretty much grew up around stables, but then all the ones near dallas (for the most part) all closed down. not so many horses anymore, all the land is being bought up for snazzy apartment complex and office buildings >.<; er not that i dont like apartments (i live in one now) but. i really miss riding and its hard to find a place now. that i know of only 1 stable still teaches equestrian and dressage.

ewwwww the two of you got really exspensive uni's. the one i went to was state school and about 10k a year? or was it 10k a semester *thinks* i dont really recall. i had to stop going because my pai refused to pay after mum made me tell him i was preggy (honestly.. that was such a stupid idea). lol finishing up my school payments and my husband loans was kinda hard also having a new baby and living on our own. so now i just take the occasional community college until i finish all my core and can go back to taking art classes at a uni ^^

ewwww and someone complained about your prices for traditional media? apparently they havent walked into an art supply store and looked at prices *rolls eyes* *groans* good waterpaper alone in 18X24 sheet was like $5-8 where i worked >.<; (cold press? or was it hot press? *muses*). heheh every time we go to the art store my husbad just grumbles about "why couldnt you pick a cheaper pastime?" so response is always "cheaper then crack ^.~"
Hoy Montana isn't really that great at all, just so boring. There are wild horses and everything but its not really that cool when you grow up around them? If you like riding then thats cool but I'd rather be in a more modern city. XD I guess we always covet what we don't have.

10K a year isn't bad at all, you can take out loans if your parents don't want to pay. Why is it a bad idea to tell him? He'd find out sooner or later, its not something you can hide. Though its a bad idea in the first place to get pregnant before finishing college. (for the reasons you just described)

*My computer is messed up and can't get on menewsha but I can access it on this lab computer* @_@

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-06-2007, 10:01 PM

yeah thats what i meant, comparatively (to your schools) mine was relatively cheap ^.~ and technically we could take out loans, but id much rather not when we have a baby and we really dont want to go too much in debt.

hum.. well lets put it this way. my dad and i have been on very bad terms since... well since i moved back from Brazil in 2002. at the time i was applying for uni's i found out that my pai had totally and completely messed up my mums credit. so if i was to try and take out a loan, she wouldnt even be able to co-sign for me. and neither could my grandfather (both my grandparents are fighting cancer... seemed a bit much to ask them to help me take on a loan when they are both paying bills to save their lives). *shrugs* so my options were ask my dad to cosign, or join the air force. asking my dad was already hard enough.. he had taken my sisters life insurance money (she died and her life insurance was split in two, half to pay my college, half to pay for all future brain surgeries my brother needed) to buy himself 2 new cars and a house. so it stung to have to go back and ask this man for help... he's not my biological father.. so already the fact that he LIED to me for over 18 years really irks me.

anyways i went to talk to him and he said he would not cosign, nor would he sign the permission slip to let me join the airforce... unless i got a scholarship.. which i did (and honestly when i showed it to him i was all kinds of smug >.<;; ) so he agreed, he would pay for my first year of college, and i would work that whole year to pay off for the second year. *shrugs* mum made me tell him.. and he disowned me and immediately stopped paying for the college. i havent seen him for *thinks* almost 2 years now. he has seen his grandson for a total of 5 minutes. didnt even bother to come to the hospital when i had to have a c-section. so you see, this daddys little girl is very bitter towards dear old dad. ah, did i mention he took MY stocks and sold them off to pay for his new GF (the nanny.. ironic no?) college. whom he married.. and did i mention shes 2 years older then me? *furious* and honestly the nerve.. at first he said he wouldnt cosign because i wanted to study art... shes a bloody DANCE major.. SAME FRIGGIN THING...

i lvoe the fact that he never even botheredto check up on us after i said i was preggy. had he looked he would have noticed i continued going to school even RIGHT after the baby was born and i still maintined my straight A's. *mutters obsceneties*

*ahem* seems i went into a rant ^^;; im a bit touchy about my pai...though im sure thats very er.. apparent now?

Alexi

Old 03-07-2007, 12:34 AM

Huzzah Menewsha works on my computer again. XD

I suppose after scholarships (lord knows how long that'll last, I know they're about to expire though) I'm paying only about 20,000 a year. But they do offer loans and we've been trying not to use the loans either. If you work hard at college and take loans out then its worth it because going into debt will only mean you'll be able to get out of it more easily because of the better job that you get after college. ^^ Pretty much any good paying job requires a college degree anymore. Whatever degree that is.

Wow thats pretty crazy. o_o I'm sorry to hear that you have such a bad relationship with your father and that he seems to be very irresponsible. But yeah I see your point. You really don't have anyone to fall back on. I honestly just hope that I'm not that kind of husband to Aya when we're good and married, and a better father to our children.

ROFL I can't even read that entire thing though I am trying to! >.< So much stuff you posted. @_@ *dies* You probably made like 20 gold that post. >.> If you declare yourself an independent, maybe at least you could just take care of your own money and he can't get to it himself. But yeah. I can see your emotions towards him. XDDDD;

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-07-2007, 02:30 AM

hahah yeah actually, i think it did come out to be about 20 even ^^;; and sorry about that. i tend to get er? pissy when it comes to my dad. lol and i could never have touched my college money. it was under my parents and my name. or rather to be very specific my dad and my name. he was very clever about that... nothing was really under my mums name and when they FINALLY got a divorce all she left with was partial custody of my younger bro.

and yes i totally understand what you mean about getting a good education. its still very very high on my priority list. i WANT a masters very badly. it just seems it has to be put on a back burner until we get nice and stable and KNOW we wont go into any real dilemas that we cant pull ourselves out of. but all in all i think that for a couple that got married when we were 18.. having our own place in a very nice part of town and actually being able to take care of our son, we arent doing too bad. my husband has only a year more of college to go (and hes younger then i am).

though i think where my dad fell short, my husbands sort of went over and beyond. i really look up to my parents in law (though we dont agree on quite a bit of stuff). its nice to know that there is someone i can still talk to about serious stuff when things are tough. now.. if i could only get a job in the mornings until august we would be golden ^o^

Alexi

Old 03-07-2007, 02:40 AM

XD Its no problem, honestly its my bad because I really can't read through something that dense and figure out something to say. I just become completely and utterly speechless, because there isn't really anything I can do, and I just feel bad, and wonder what I'd do if I were in that situation etc.

At least it gives you something to post about yeah? And more posting = more gold. XD Though its just harder in general to reply to something like that. One person I know that I really don't like to talk to, rants about all sorts of conspiracy theories that I really am not interested in. I ended up blocking him and just ignoring him altogether... *sigh* He follows me and stalks me on Gaia so I can't really get away. But I try anyway.

Thats cool that your mother was finally able to get a divorce. But that sucks that she got just about nothing. :/ Hoy.

Yeah I know what you mean, and I'm fortunate that I don't have these issues despite my lingering issues with doing well in classes right now because of the stress load. I would probably do the same in your shoes. I think in general though, life is full of surprises and nothing can go pristinely. Its that particular thing that has held Aya back from letting me visit her - she wants everything to be perfect, but they CAN'T be if she's gonna be like that all the time. :/ Seems so far away, I can't really see myself able to go see her this summer at this rate and I know I'll be really upset. And its noone's fault but hers if that happens.

But I'm glad your husband is doing well for you. ^^ And that your in-laws are better for ya too. So hopefully that all works out. ^^

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 03-07-2007, 05:37 PM

haha! I found this thread! JOY.

Anyways, now that I know where it is, I'll come by more often. :D

Gah, I should be working...I need a project or something to work on. This week at work is going to be boring. Hey, at least it's Wednesday already!

Alexi

Old 03-07-2007, 08:58 PM

Wanted to post this first. XD <3 <3 LUC You ROCK. *hughug*

Gonna try to find a suitable host other than photobucket when I get back from class. *in between right now* XD

Navi
Starving Artist
Send a message via AIM to Navi

Old 03-08-2007, 04:54 PM

I have found you! <3 ^_~

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-08-2007, 05:31 PM

hehehe look who else wandered over here *pounces on navidian*

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-08-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navidian
I have found you! <3 ^_~
Haha, Wouldn't know if you recognized me, but welcome.

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 03-08-2007, 07:52 PM

Hiya Jitsumi ^_^ And yea, I recognize you fongmingyun... Woe right? ^^;

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-08-2007, 07:58 PM

w00t!

None other. ;)

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 03-08-2007, 08:18 PM

^_^ I'm such an internet noob, I should have known other sites like Gaia existed.. I just subscribed to this one and Zantarni (which I think I've seen you on there too). I wish I would have found these when I was less busy art-wise and could offer commissions/etc. through here. ^^

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 03-08-2007, 10:02 PM

*stops in to say hi*

OMG, work has been so long today! I blame it on going to lunch at noon instead of one. I swear it makes my day go faster when I go to lunch later...

Anyways, hi guys! :D

Alexi

Old 03-08-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navidian
I have found you! <3 ^_~
Woot I can finally post again! *hugs and waves* Haha Yes'm you did find me except I wasn't able to get on Menewsha for two days. @_@ Hoy. Stupid internet, I'm not exactly sure whats wrong. :/ But anyway nice to see ya! Hope you stick around. o_o

@Woe and Jitsu - XD Funny, how a lot of people visit the thread from Gaia. ^^ <3

@Sizzla - Yar I have like 2 exams back to back, starting in about 10 minutes. *Dies a horrible death* But anyway. XD XD Hi!

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-08-2007, 11:03 PM

whoot best of luck on your exams! though im sure you'll do fine since you studied *dances* whooo at least the good thing is that once your done with those two you wont have another test in those subjects for at least a little while ne?

yar and so many people migrating over out of curiosity from gaia. its pretty neat actually. this way i get to know/meet more of them better since there isnt mad amounts of people here. so much more cozy ^o^

*rolls around in thread* whee today is a lovely day ne ^o^ so sunshiney bright

Alexi

Old 03-08-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
whoot best of luck on your exams! though im sure you'll do fine since you studied *dances* whooo at least the good thing is that once your done with those two you wont have another test in those subjects for at least a little while ne?

yar and so many people migrating over out of curiosity from gaia. its pretty neat actually. this way i get to know/meet more of them better since there isnt mad amounts of people here. so much more cozy ^o^

*rolls around in thread* whee today is a lovely day ne ^o^ so sunshiney bright
Just got done with the psych exam, there were some kinda-tough questions but I think I got them mostly right. XD Pretty confident. Chem is coming up next though and that one I'm a little less confident about. I did study but exam situations for Chemistry are really strict, and they grade very harshly. Hoy. Hopefully I do okay. It isn't that bad of a topic, but they always nit-pick.

Not a bad day out today, a little chilly but I can deal with that. XD Its pretty sunny too.

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 03-09-2007, 12:08 AM

Yay, nice job on your psych! And ugh, chemistry... that was never my strong point... I could never understand it.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-09-2007, 12:39 AM

whoot grats on your test, 1 down on to go! you can do it! *cheers* yar and i know how those tests are. i had to take chem for 4 years.. along with biology and physics. brazilian science studies are evil >.<; especially when half the questions are in portuguese.

im sure you'll do fine on your chem *squee* ooo and the day over there sounds nice. it was a bit warm here with a nice little breeze.

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-09-2007, 03:45 AM

UGH LOSER THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT.

THAT LINE ABOUT YOU DONT WANNA MISS THE FIRST DONATES GOT ME :gonk: /comes out of hiding/

Ahem. Grats on your tests >__>

musado
щ(ºДºщ)

Old 03-09-2007, 03:46 AM

<3333333