rabid-rainbow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2007, 10:59 PM

So, here is a oneshot of mine that is fanfiction from the show Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you have seen it, kudos to you, if you haven't you should.

This thread is just going to be postings of various oneshots that I write.

This first one is Pakku/Kana

He was one in a long line of Earth Kingdom recruiters, but the first who had caught her eye. Kana could not help herself as she stole glimpses at him as she went about her daily routine in town. He was so young and handsome, and her fifteen-year-old heart could not help succumbing to his charms.

He flirted with all the young women of the town, and seemed (or was it just her imagination?) to take a special interest in her. He couldn't have been more than five years older than her, and she thought so brave and worldly, compared to the poor young men in her city.

But of course, he probably had no more than a passing interest in her. She wasn't even a Waterbender, and couldn't impress him with any tricks, like some of her friends could.

But then one night (perhaps it was the moon's position in the sky; that must've been what had caused her to lose her mind), she was standing on the main bridge, thinking over the marriage proposition that Pakku had offered her father. It was a smart match, and Kana knew she would be engaged to him within the month, after all the formalities were done with. She didn't mind it, Pakku was a nice guy, but it was still a big step in her life.

"The moonlight makes you look even more radiant my dear."

Kana turned to see the Earthbender standing at the end of the bridge, looking so smooth and cocky. With a grin (or was it a smirk?) he walked over to her as red tinged her cheeks with his compliment. He flattered her, and seemed to know exactly what to say to make her feel good. Before she knew it, he was leading her off to his room on the ship that was anchored in the harbor.

As Kana left the ship that night to walk home, she felt all the more worldly for her experience with him. How immature her peers were, not having experienced what she had! And even if it defied all her traditions, no one would ever know

But there was still that tiny nagging voice that protested, "What about your husband? He will surely know when you don't bleed." But she dismissed the thought. No one would find out about her special encounter.

Unfortunatly, the rules of nature don't always apply to human thinking. With horror, Kana found the her monthly cycle never came, and found it impossible to believe the worst had happened: She was now carrying his child.

How traitorous and dirty she felt when Pakku fastened that engagement necklace around her throat. Looking into his eyes, she knew that he could see her secret, so large and big it threatened to burst out and hurt everyone.

She knew she couldn't stay and marry him, even though her leaving would break his heart. But since the Earthbender had left the day after he bedded her (of course that was his intention all along, she thought bitterly. I was just someone to release tension on), she knew she had to get out.

Collecting her possesions she would need, and some money, and prepared to steal away in the night, and bribe one of the Earthbenders who were getting ready to leave, and so she could stow away. Her fingertips brushed his engagement necklace.

Without a boubt, she knew she had to take it with her. Wherever she ended up, it would be a reminder of her home, and the life she could've had. She took a last survey about her room, and then blew out her candle.

I hope you liked it. Please review and tell me what you thought, but keep it constructive please!