Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 12-11-2010, 07:45 PM

Artwork by HamletSpamlet, banner by Sizzla. :heart:

Merry Christmas, Menewshans!

I hope you're all enjoying this festive season by eating lots of yummy foods, buying gifts for loved ones, watching those comforting christmas movies, and listening to some awesome festive tunes. This event thread is simple and will hopefully make you shout "I know that one!" as you go through, and recognise, the images you're about to see. :)

But first a little bit about your hostess ...

[imgleft]http://images.menewsha.com/avatars/26491.png?1292854675[/imgleft]

I love, love, love Christmas. I didn't realise how much until I had the obligation of decorating, cooking Christmas dinner, and buying gifts for everyone. n.n My favourite colour is green so all these fresh Christmas trees and holiday wreaths are just making me all warm and fuzzy inside. :D But I'd very much like your company and participation in this event thread, and we can share the holidays together. :heart:

So, keep reading to find out exactly what you need to do in order to win some goodies!

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 12-22-2010 at 03:13 PM..

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 12-11-2010, 07:47 PM

Outline of contest.

Like I mentioned before, this contest is super easy and simple. In the following posts, there are 20 screen caps of music videos and movies. There are 10 music video images and 10 movie images. Now, all you have to do is tell me what they all are. ;)

For the music videos, I'd like you to tell me the artist(s)/band name and the song title. You'll receive one point for each correct answer. In total, there are 20 points to be gained in the Music Video category.

For the movie images, I simply want to know the title. ^^ There are a couple of bonus questions, though, so keep an eye out. In total, there are 12 points to be gained in the Movie category.

Rules.

This part is very important. There won't be too many rules, but to make this run smoothly and remain fair for everybody, please take note and abide by the following:
  • Follow Menewsha's Rules, of course.

• All submissions must be made via PM. Do not post your answers in the thread. Springy will be very upset if you do and I will have to remove your posts. You are welcome to discuss aspects of the contest you're enjoying, finding difficult, or anything about the images (for example, "oh, hey, I remember watching this with so and so, and we ate all these yummy sweeties ..."), but no explicit answers.

• Try to only submit one form with all your answers on. I won't object to users adding an extra one or two that they worked out a little too late, but it would make my life much easier to receive one user entry form in one PM. :) Just to clarify this a little better, seperate PM's for the Movie and Music categories is okay; what I didn't want was someone submitting a form, then sending another PM with an answer, then another, and some more ... etc. ^^;

• Please submit your entry form by 11:59 AM/midday (EST) on January 2nd, 2011. Use this world clock to help you figure out when to get your PM sent.

• Please no mule entries and only one entry per user, so use your main account. ^^ I can check ...

• Have fun! :D

Prizes.

Now for the good part! By simply participating in this contest, you will receive a Holiday Wreath EI by default. If you would like to change this, please indicate what you would like on the entry form.

There are two chances to win here; once for each category. In each category, the user with the most points will win first prize. Obviously second prize will go to the second highest points, and so on and so forth. There will only be a first, second and third place. In the event of a tie, the user who submitted their answers first will receive the higher prize.

The prizes are the same for both categories:

First Place - 5,000 gold.
Second Place - 3,000 gold.
Third Place - 1,500 gold.

And that's everything! Now go take a look at all the images below and when you think you're ready, fill in the entry form and send me a PM. :yes:

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 01-02-2011 at 02:02 AM..

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 12-11-2010, 07:49 PM

Movie Images

Here is the first set of images you'll be pondering over, which is the Movie Category. :)

Image 1

Bonus point: What is the popular phrase the little girl says at this point?

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Bonus point: What is the song called during this scene?

Image 6

Image 7

Image 8

Image 9

Image 10

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 12-21-2010 at 03:11 AM..

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 12-11-2010, 07:55 PM

Music Video Images

And here are the 10 images of the music videos:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

Image 8

Image 9

Image 10

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 12-21-2010 at 03:11 AM..

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 12-20-2010, 05:27 PM

Entry Form

Please use the following form to submit your answers and send the PM here. Thanks!
Quote:
[b][u]Movie Category[/b][/u]

[b]Image 1:[/b]
[b]Bonus Point:[/b]
[b]Image 2:[/b]
[b]Image 3:[/b]
[b]Image 4:[/b]
[b]Image 5:[/b]
[b]Bonus Point:[/b]
[b]Image 6:[/b]
[b]Image 7:[/b]
[b]Image 8:[/b]
[b]Image 9:[/b]
[b]Image 10:[/b]

[b][u]Music Video Category[/b][/u]

[b]Image 1:[/b]
[b]Image 2:[/b]
[b]Image 3:[/b]
[b]Image 4:[/b]
[b]Image 5:[/b]
[b]Image 6:[/b]
[b]Image 7:[/b]
[b]Image 8:[/b]
[b]Image 9:[/b]
[b]Image 10:[/b]

Entries

This is where I'll keep a list of all the entries. Leave it a day or two, but if you don't see your name after that drop me a quick PM to say, "hey, where's my name?" and I'll get you down ASAP. :)

And that is everything. Enjoy and have fun!

Movie Category
  • Luna Riven
  • M i r o
  • Shishunki
  • Sho-Shonojo
  • LadyOfTheRoses
  • Linnea
  • Kaema
  • monstahh`
  • Amice
  • ToriKat
  • briannamal
  • Woodlandnymph
  • d2hiriyuu
  • Shadami
  • Kiari
  • SilverPhoenyx
  • Fauxreal
  • Siri
  • Lilith W
  • JapaneseCherryBlossom
  • Demoncat
  • Leerah
  • katyasha
  • Rabid Rainbow
  • Child of Choas
  • woohoohelloppl
  • FallOut-Sun
  • Seridano
  • dragoness129
  • Zilithandria Moonlight
  • Whisper Invictus
  • M i n u x e
  • Wings of Writing
  • girlbot9
  • Rochiel Silverfire
  • First to Never Know
  • BlackCart29
  • nvs

Music Video Category
  • briannamal
  • SilverPhoenyx
  • Shishunki
  • Leerah
  • FallOut-Sun
  • Fauxreal
  • nvs

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 01-01-2011 at 08:39 PM..

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 12-22-2010, 09:37 PM

Roxxxy doesn'y know ANYthing about music vids.. but I know most of the others :D
This will be fun!

Computosaurus
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-22-2010, 09:39 PM

Oh wow, this is harder than I first thought it might be! :sweat:

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Wow, I only know three of the answers, I think. :sweat:
That's kindof sad. Then again, I'm not really a "christmas" person and don't want a lot of christmas movies, or watch music videos much at all.

JapaneseCherryBlossom
Quitting the site

Old 12-22-2010, 09:57 PM

Yes, those music vids are HARD :(

M i r o
Comatose

Old 12-22-2010, 10:05 PM

yay! You brought it back, thank chu Springy ~ <3<3

woohoohelloppl
Lurking

Old 12-22-2010, 10:26 PM

I know six of these movies. I feel so proud. XD

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:41 PM

WOOHOO! All that time in front of the boob tube might pay off - ((not really - but a girl can dream of sugerplums can't she?!))

Wonder Boy
⊙ω⊙

I currently have 4/32 points. >.<

Alaunt
Cute Things Kill People

Oh! Interesting. I think that I'll have to send in my form sometime within the next day or so . . . So busy. T-T But this looks like a whole load of fun. :]

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 11:42 PM

Haha! A few entries all ready! :P you have the entire event, you know? xD

I think seeing the reactions from you guys and a few members of staff as well, I'm going to give out hints for some of the images ... I was afraid of making them easy, but I guess that isn't the case. :rofl:

----------

Miro, are you talking about when I did a similar thread way back for Celes Paradi?
^^

LadyOfTheRoses
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2010, 12:16 AM

Apart from image 7, I know all the movie ones. It's the music videos that are giving me trouble! XD

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 12-23-2010, 12:22 AM

It seems everybody is that way! Oh dear. xD In my hopes of not making it too easy I've apparently made it impossible. :P

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 12-23-2010, 01:28 AM

Oh my goodness! I must be really bad with my pop culture or something because I can only name... 20% of the screencaps >.<

JapaneseCherryBlossom
Quitting the site

Old 12-23-2010, 01:34 AM

Google helped me a lot......although don't look up "fatso" sign for image 10, I promise it won't give any answers.:sweat:

Last edited by JapaneseCherryBlossom; 12-23-2010 at 01:37 AM..

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 12-23-2010, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa-pancake View Post
Oh my goodness! I must be really bad with my pop culture or something because I can only name... 20% of the screencaps >.<
Well, a small hint is that these aren't all really that modern. :P I guess they're more classics than anything because I was struggling by the end to find anything within the last 5 years. xD

Kaema
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-23-2010, 02:35 AM

Would it be okay if I sent in a form now and send another one later? There are four I can't figure out, but I want to make sure I've at least got the others in. xD But I can wait too, if you really don't want more than one. :yes:

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 AM

so i got all the movies but one...possibly two... and then they were familiar i just couldn't put my finger on it... alas... i don't recognize any of the music video clips... not a one :rofl:
oh well *shrugs*
a very cool idea for a contest spring tyme!

Leerah
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-23-2010, 05:22 AM

I actually got like 2 of the music video ones~ xD
And most of the movie ones, I'm trying to see if I can figure the rest out x3

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2010, 05:38 AM

i was even thinking about looking up some of the music videos but i wouldn't even know where to start lol

Leerah
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-23-2010, 05:46 AM

I tried to look up a couple on youtube, but I couldn't seem to put in the right words to get "official" videos and got fanmade slideshows for like waaaay too many of them. Dx

I know I recognize image 2 for the music videos, but I can't remember from where! xD